Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Apparently Abram Hoffer and Humphry Osmond theorized around the same time that, due to similarity between mescaline and adrenaline, the latter was a psychedelic and could explain schizophrenia as a form of auto-intoxication

interesting, now what happens when a populace is in constant fight or flight mode due to late stage capitalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Scarabrae posted:

interesting, now what happens when a populace is in constant fight or flight mode due to late stage capitalism

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Adrenochrome causes the symptoms of schizophrenia? And they've known it since the 50s.

Time to go back through old docs and see how that figured into mkultra.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Marenghi posted:

Adrenochrome causes the symptoms of schizophrenia?

They believed it at least.

The psychonauts at Erowid have tried to shoot, smoke it, snort it and boof it and only reported mild and uncomfortable effects.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol i just looked and of the 2 reports one of them is a guy who left epinehprine in a syringe in his drawer for most of a week and then shot it up despite the colour having changed

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

never change erowid never change

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

worth noting that double-bind theory somewhat famously failed to explain schizophrenia very well, but the underlying thinking obviously found myriad uses besides understanding and treating mental illness.

Dec 11, 2023
they are quickly becoming Jewed by CHUPAKULTRA,

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Zodium posted:

worth noting that double-bind theory somewhat famously failed to explain schizophrenia very well, but the underlying thinking obviously found myriad uses besides understanding and treating mental illness.

There was some noise made a few years ago about schizophrenia likely not being a single condition but rather a collection of conditions united by their lack of response to standard treatments.

That is, it is very possible for someone to be paranoid and hear voices, two classic schizophrenia symptoms, but then recover and not have another episode for the rest of their life. In this case, the diagnosis wouldn't be schizophrenia since schizophrenia by definition does not go into remission on its own. However someone with the same set of symptoms who only goes into remission when under psychiatric medication and whose illness immediately manifests again if medicine is discontinued could reasonably be diagnosed with schizophrenia.

This makes schizophrenia a diagnosis of exclusion, and explains why treatment efficacy has not significantly improved despite the continued development of new meds and therapeutic techniques. It should be noted that this is in contrast to the efficacy of treatment for other psychiatric conditions such as depression and anxiety disorders, for which treatment is orders of magnitude more effective than it was decades ago.

I recall there being pushback on the theory but it's interesting to think about nonetheless.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

don't think that's true for the dsm 5 criteria, and honestly it's well out of my wheelhouse, but hell, i believe it

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Zodium posted:

don't think that's true for the dsm 5 criteria, and honestly it's well out of my wheelhouse, but hell, i believe it

yeah sounds real enough to me so i will be accepting this as canon 100%

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, it's beyond my expertise as well but it does have a truthy ring to it. A confounding problem is how stigmatizing a diagnosis of schizophrenia is, so I think there's some effort to not diagnose someone with it if they don't need antipsychotics in perpetuity and to instead label it as depression or bipolar with psychosis.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

I've read some new papers that might show that schizophrenia is a disorder of too much dopamine, the opposite of adhd. as a super adhder it makes sense to me and high levels of dopamine drugs cause similar symptoms to schizophrenia

e: https://www.healthline.com/health/schizophrenia/schizophrenia-and-dopamine

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Maed posted:

I've read some new papers that might show that schizophrenia is a disorder of too much dopamine, the opposite of adhd. as a super adhder it makes sense to me and high levels of dopamine drugs cause similar symptoms to schizophrenia

that's not a new theory and has been known for a while. antipsychotic medication usually downregulates dopamine which is why they are sometimes called tranquilizers and also why they sometimes give people parkinsons like symptoms.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Jose posted:

lol i just looked and of the 2 reports one of them is a guy who left epinehprine in a syringe in his drawer for most of a week and then shot it up despite the colour having changed

lol

I mean it's an incredibly dumb thing to do but adrenochrome is the primary degradant of epinephrine when it's exposed to air and I believe is responsible for the color change.

of course that means if it's exposed to air it's exposed to the outside environment where bacteria live so it's a good way to introduce bacteria directly to your blood

inchworm
Jun 23, 2023
bacteria cultures, intravenous, trip report:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Maed posted:

new papers as in post 1930? lol

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

inchworm posted:

bacteria cultures, intravenous, trip report:

someone post that screenshot of the guy who injected weed mayonnaise

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Cached Money posted:

someone post that screenshot of the guy who injected weed mayonnaise

that is the grossest phrase I've read in a long, long time

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
if they're not careful bidens gonna let slip he has an ozone percolator next to a freezer full of goat kidneys

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Biden had surgery to implant goat testicles in his nutsack but they hosed up and replaced his brain with them.

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

Allegedly there’s a video on the dark web of the elites (specifically Hilary Clinton) taking off a child’s face & that’s where that red face comes from. Ellen even wore a sweatshirt w that face on it. She even has demonic paints and pictures all over her home.

Would answer a lot of questions if true. Anyone have any follow up links?

121123_2
Dec 12, 2023

121123 posted:

they are quickly becoming Jewed by CHUPAKULTRA,

*entirely contingent upon internet connection status

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
CHALKBODYOUTLINE

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

this fun 1950s clip came up on YouTube for me the other day. check the poo poo the doctor says during minute 23 lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjNWrxzm-es

holy poo poo

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

A fun little conspiracy theory to start your day off :cheers:

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I don't know what that link is so you may as well just post the content here if it's safe for work

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ive crack pinged myself into believing that Qanon is a psyop (definitely true) started and propagated by a cabal of military and DIA higher ups and their friends in private intelligence corps, who are all members of The Knights of Malta and possibly Opus Dei (questionable)

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I think Malta would be an interesting country to visit.

The Top G
Jul 19, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Dokapon Findom posted:

I don't know what that link is so you may as well just post the content here if it's safe for work

Just a hotlink to the image hosted on imgbb :shobon:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

Ive crack pinged myself into believing that Qanon is a psyop (definitely true) started and propagated by a cabal of military and DIA higher ups and their friends in private intelligence corps, who are all members of The Knights of Malta and possibly Opus Dei (questionable)

Yeah I'll sign on to all this with the exception of the last part, about which I could be convinced.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dokapon Findom posted:

I think Malta would be an interesting country to visit.

italian climate but british food.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

still thinking about the video from 1955 where the scientist testing a blocker for LSD mentions experimenting with adrenochrome. lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i spent 2 days in hospital over the summer hallucinating wildly and it was really loving horrible. I think a combination of coming off ritalin and the fentanyl from general anaesthesia just sent me brain spiralling hard but i was mis-interpreting what i was seeing, hearing voices and generally paranoid along with some of the worst dreams i've ever had. Definitely would not recommend

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Jose posted:

i spent 2 days in hospital over the summer hallucinating wildly and it was really loving horrible. I think a combination of coming off ritalin and the fentanyl from general anaesthesia just sent me brain spiralling hard but i was mis-interpreting what i was seeing, hearing voices and generally paranoid along with some of the worst dreams i've ever had. Definitely would not recommend

people in intensive medical care so frequently experience delirium they have a special name for it lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

my bony fealty posted:

private intelligence corps, who are all members of The Knights of Malta

which ones?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

people in intensive medical care so frequently experience delirium they have a special name for it lol

my family and 2 discords i'm in for the first day got a full blown live update of everything I was seeing. After my second operation on the second day I realised i'd been hallucinating but couldn't stop it coming back about an hour after waking up

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Real hurthling! posted:

italian climate but british food.

I guess the unique language makes them seem cooler than they are. The terrain of such an urbanized island intrigues me. But after two seconds of googling I can see that the Sovereign Military Order of Malta, that issues its own passports, has no contemporary geographical affiliation with the actual island or country of Malta. All their poo poo is in Rome adjacent to the Vatican, naturally :rolleyes: What a rip!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

still thinking about the video from 1955 where the scientist testing a blocker for LSD mentions experimenting with adrenochrome. lmao