Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

If you say its a turn off and ask them to stop it, but then gently caress them anyway, you're not sending the message its a turn off and you don't like it.

The correct response is the honest reply of "No, that baby talk made me dry as the Sahara." and not gently caress them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Jfc that's one of the grossest stories posted in a long while.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

my new seduction technique just isn't for philistines I guess

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah I mean my opinion on this topic is difficult to express, it's not that I feel like there's anything wrong with casual sex it's just that my experience has show me that people who stray too far from the average, in either direction, tend to either make for for p bad partners or tend to be overly accepting of bad partners. I think you'll find there are bajillions of internet people willing to point out how too little experience is bad so i didn't really find the need to dwell on it too hard, I just also have noticed that the flipside to this has become a bit unacceptable to address without people accusing you of being a bad person so I was trying to be as neutral as possible in saying that I would personally find it a bit of a red flag.

Personally I tend to invest in each of my relationships with the intent they could go the distance, and when one doesn't work out I take a break to work on myself and look at what I want in a partner. After some time I get back into dating I'll shop around a bit but when I find someone I like I'll invest in them again. As someone pushing 30 this has put me basically slap dab in the middle of average # of partners and I've generally found my best relationships have been with people on the same page. I think the topic of people who haven't dated at all has been beat to death, but it's also worth stating it's not necessarily slut shaming or w/e to be uncomfortable with people who have an established history of always having another option lined up cause in my experience, it's a good indicator of how emotionally invested they will actually be in to you.

This is pretty spot-on with how I feel, too, but like you said it's difficult to discuss without sounding overly judgemental. A friend of mine once sent me a Jazebel article about a girl telling people to get off her back for having 40+ partners a year. I think she sent it to me to legitimize her current escapade of one-night stands. My response was "that lifestyle deffo isn't for me, but you do you and be safe" but she still accused me a slutshaming. I guess she wanted me to glorify the author as some pinnacle of modern feminism? It wasn't a very fun conversation. That friend ended up contracting an STI because she didn't use protection and then cheated on her next boyfriend three times before he finally broke up with her.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Propaganda Hour posted:

This is pretty spot-on with how I feel, too, but like you said it's difficult to discuss without sounding overly judgemental. A friend of mine once sent me a Jazebel article about a girl telling people to get off her back for having 40+ partners a year. I think she sent it to me to legitimize her current escapade of one-night stands. My response was "that lifestyle deffo isn't for me, but you do you and be safe" but she still accused me a slutshaming. I guess she wanted me to glorify the author as some pinnacle of modern feminism? It wasn't a very fun conversation. That friend ended up contracting an STI because she didn't use protection and then cheated on her next boyfriend three times before he finally broke up with her.

The first mistake was listening to anyone who tells you that you doing whatever gently caress-all thing you want is a progressive statement of any kind.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Over 40 partners a year just tells me she likes sex and hates people.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You can't fill the gaping emptiness inside you with sperm.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Pick posted:

Pfft, sounds like something a quitter would say

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pick posted:

That sounds like a challenge tbh

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

they said man couldn't fly to the moon once, too

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
more than a dozen partners in a year is too much imo because at that point random sex is your hobby and it's a pretty bad/destructive hobby

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
What a loving idiot:

My wife (39f) and I (40m) had a threesome with her friend (32f) and now she will not speak to me.

quote:

u/whatcanido101
I (m40) have been with my wife Steph (f39) for 13 years now, married for 10. We have 2 children, a boy who is 10 and a girl who is 8. Steph is an amazing wife and mother. She's beautiful and one of the best people you'll find. She's my best friend in life and I would never do anything to intentionally harm her. We have always had an active sex life, save for the times around when our children were born. Overall, we have a very good marriage.

Lately, we have thought that our sex life was getting boring and stale. We have tried a few things to spice it up. A little bit ago, I suggested we consider a threesome. Steph was only my 2nd sexual partner (yup, I know) and I have always been a bit insecure about that. Steph wasn't on board with it at first, but we talked about it a ton over a few months and she said we should go for it.

Steph's friend Nicole (32f) came to stay at our house this past weekend. I didn't know Nicole very well, as the two had worked together and I had only met her a few times, but Nicole had just broken up with her boyfriend so my wife wanted to be there for her. I didn't know her well, but Nicole was a very flirty person with everyone and she was also very attractive. She was that way with everyone though. I did not go into the weekend thinking anything would happen.

Nicole came on Friday night and things were normal. She was upset about her breakup and my wife spent time with her one-on-one trying to cheer her up, while I babysat the kids. On Saturday night, our kids went to sleepovers at their friends' houses and we had the house to ourselves. We all pitched in and made dinner and then had some wine. We talked about our lives, relationships, and then started talking about sex. Now, Nicole and I are definitely more open than my wife is in this regard. We wound up talking about threesomes and I mentioned how we agreed we would try one. This is where it all goes down hill. Nicole heard this and then started to come onto both of us. She kissed my wife first and then started kissing me. My wife didn't stop anything, so I thought it was okay. Things escalated and clothes for all three of us came off. We wound up going to our bedroom. They made out a little, but admittedly my wife isn't bisexual or really interested in women so it didn't go that far. I took turns pleasuring them and they, me. I guess during this I started to focus more on Nicole than my wife. Eventually, Nicole got on top of me and we had sex. When it was over, I tried to have sex with my wife but I wasn't ready for another round, so I wound up cuddling with them a little and we went to sleep.

When I woke up, Nicole and my wife weren't in the bed. In fact, Nicole wasn't there anymore at all. My wife was downstairs and was inconsolable. Apparently she had woken up and I was cuddling with Nicole. She had asked Nicole to leave after and she did, willingly. She said that it made her feel terrible after my treatment of her last night. She said that I basically cheated on her in front of her, that she had tried to get my attention several times but I always went back to Nicole, and that I had sex with her friend and not her. She also mentioned I did so unprotected. She said that I enjoyed the sex with Nicole better than her and that she could never get the sounds and images of us having sex out of her mind. She has been staying in the guest room and has not spoken to me about anything unless it has to do with our kids.

I am devastated. I have tried to make her understand that I was caught up in the moment and thought it was okay because she was kissing Nicole first. I thought she would've stopped it if it wasn't okay. We didn't have many rules, otherwise I would've made sure that I didn't cross them. Nicole texted me today and apologized for any problems she caused. I told her it was on me, not her, and I was the one who was sorry.

Reddit, I know I messed up. But I was not thinking and I would never intentionally harm my wife. What can I do to fix this? Marriage counseling? What?

tl;dr: My wife and I had a threesome with her friend. My wife thinks I cheated on her because I had sex with her friend and not her. How can I fix this? Did I cheat? Thoughts? Advice? Help!!!

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Let's have a new and emotionally fraught sexual experience without discussing boundaries first! This will be good

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Milotic posted:

What a loving idiot:

My wife (39f) and I (40m) had a threesome with her friend (32f) and now she will not speak to me.

I feel bad for Steph ; (

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

OctaMurk posted:

I feel bad for Steph ; (

I don't, they're stupid bastards.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

boner confessor posted:

more than a dozen partners in a year is too much imo because at that point random sex is your hobby and it's a pretty bad/destructive hobby

What if it's a fun outlet for your spreadsheet addiction?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Milotic posted:

What a loving idiot:

I like how he can't even just own up to the fact that the reasons his wife is mad are entirely accurate. He writes so passively like it was just one huge coincidence he spent the entire threesome neglecting her and even cuddled with her over the wife after they went to bed.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pick posted:

are you saying that hentai has lied to me all these years

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Milotic posted:

What a loving idiot:

Local man discovers One Weird Trick to cheating on his wife! Spouses hate him!

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

On top of that dude being a dumb poo poo, I take issue with the way he squandered a threesome

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

For real tho you gently caress the other woman and just roll over to sleep when you can't get it up again?

Eat (Clapping hands emoji) your wife's (Clapping hands emoji) pussy!

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Welp, my dick isn't working so I guess all the sex stuff is done for the night. If only there were sex acts that don't require an erect penis. Shucks.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

that's still a tree in the forest.

give your SO the first poke.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

HoAssHo posted:

Welp, my dick isn't working so I guess all the sex stuff is done for the night. If only there were sex acts that don't require an erect penis. Shucks.

Yeah, I'm sure fingerblasting his despondent wife for 10 minutes was gonna salvage this sinking ship.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The error seems to have been both in principle, and in execution.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Over 40 partners a year just tells me she likes sex and hates people.

It's one of those things where I don't think there's any problem with the act in theory but the practice just doesn't work out, which you should be able to figure out with a couple minutes' thought. Like, sure, if it's OK to have sex 40 times with 1 person in a year then logically having sex 40 times with 40 different people shouldn't really be so different. But at some point the logistics just stop working unless you start cutting some corners that... probably shouldn't be cut. It's not immoral so much as it's just a bad idea.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Look, Philberto, youre a nic- ok guy, but I got a quota to hit so how about you stop faffing about deciding what you want for dinner we leave here and go do the humpty hump in a burger king bathroom so i can make my 8'oclock?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Straight White Shark posted:

It's one of those things where I don't think there's any problem with the act in theory but the practice just doesn't work out, which you should be able to figure out with a couple minutes' thought. Like, sure, if it's OK to have sex 40 times with 1 person in a year then logically having sex 40 times with 40 different people shouldn't really be so different. But at some point the logistics just stop working unless you start cutting some corners that... probably shouldn't be cut. It's not immoral so much as it's just a bad idea.

In practice sex generally is part of, like, a kind of emotional intimacy you're definitely not sharing with 40 people concurrently, and if you're passionlessly humping your way through hookup after hookup that probably speaks to either a compulsive disorder or an underlying inability to actually connect with others. pump-and-dumping vague acquaintances just isn't that much fun.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 28, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Are you trying to tell me the Emperor should have no heirs???

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

In practice sex generally is part of, like, a kind of emotional intimacy you're definitely not sharing with 40 people concurrently, and if you're passionlessly humping your way through hookup after hookup that probably speaks to either a compulsive disorder or an underlying inability to actually connect with others. pump-and-dumping vague acquaintances just isn't that much fun.

generally people in a slutty phase who aren't grappling with some psychological issue are just engaging in pointless belt-notching. it's the same thing as people who try to travel to as many different countries as possible just to tick them off the list

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah but exploring new countries is fun and getting awkwardly jerked off by a succession of lonely chicks you don't like is awful

Barudak
May 7, 2007

yeah but exploring new countries is fun and getting awkwardly jerked off by a succession of lonely chicks you don't like is awful

I dont think these are two different activities.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HoAssHo posted:

...wait, what?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

boner confessor posted:

generally people in a slutty phase who aren't grappling with some psychological issue are just engaging in pointless belt-notching. it's the same thing as people who try to travel to as many different countries as possible just to tick them off the list

To be fair, some of them are just desperately trying to create one magical passionate whirlwind experience and are just numbly feeding quarters into the slot machine until they hit the jackpot.

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 28, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

there's a difference between a romantic fling exploring paris and planning out the optimal route to hit every south american nation so you can get back home before your budget runs out

really it's just an imbalance in quality vs quantity of collected experiences

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

let's see if I can get a quickie at the bus stop in Peru I can catch the 11:30 and have all afternoon to find someone to blow me in Ecuador, then it's on to Medellin for the donkey show

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Me [64 M] with my kids 23F, 21M, 19M, 18M and soon to be ex-wife 50F (24 years). I've been cheating for almost 20 years and am about to divorce, best way to tell my kids?

quote:

I'll provide some background information first before. My wife and I have been married for 24 years. The start of our relationship was very romantic and compatible. We had and still have many of the same hobbies we were very affectionate with each other and had a very fulfilling sex life. Sadly, this changed shortly after the birth of our last son. Clearly, I was more than willing to wait the full 8 weeks for my wife to heal after giving birth.

However, this shortly turned into 4 months and we still hadn't had sex. Eventually, it started up again to once every two weeks and then once a month. I approached her multiple times about this and how I wasn't happy with the status of our sex life. I suggested counseling and a variety of other options. I hired babysitters and cleaners to help her at home too, but nothing was really working. We want for a few sessions, but she lost interest. Eventually, I stopped bringing it up because I didn't want to be a nag. She must have thought that I had accepted or had become content with the situation. This was not true however. I didn't want to go the rest of my life feeling unloved and unwanted. Nowadays we probably have sex maybe once every two months.

However, about a year and half into our semi-dead bedroom situation I began an affair with a woman who works at my company. Our affair didn't last, but since then I have had 8 long term partners as I am not a huge of having ONS. The reason I didn't file for divorce sooner was that I was very worried about having my kids used against me and possibly taken. I also am very successful business wise and I didn't want to have to end up paying a ridiculous amount of child support. I decided about 10 years ago that I would eventually file for divorce once my youngest left the house and turned 18. Since then I have been preparing and securing myself financially for the future divorce. I do not regret what I have done. I have a great relationship with all my kids the oldest two are already in law school and medical school respectively. I am just worried about my wife and kids being blindsided by my decision. So I suppose I have three questions. Should I tell my kids or my wife first? How should I go about telling them? and Should I give the reason why and disclose my infidelity? My youngest is 18 and I have a woman I am seeing who I would like to get serious with so I am eager to get the ball moving.

tldr; wasn't faithful to my wife how is the best way to end things and tell my kids

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

haaa he almost kept the woe-is-me act up and then fumbled at the last sentence

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

The error seems to have been both in principle, and in execution.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
paul mccartney is going to slap the poo poo out of that guy