Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

ascii genitals posted:

My (20F) girlfriend of two years told me the music that I (25M) play during sex is weird and a major turn off

My GF used to say "Perfect" and "Great" to my thrusts, but these days it's more like "OK" and "Miss"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It’s all in when you activate star power anyway

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for referring to my old friends kid as “baggage” and saying it is the reason I don’t want to reconnect?

quote:

I’ve been getting poo poo from the girlfriends of my friends for this. And I truly feel like I’m not being an AH here. But needed to post here to just make sure I guess.

Okay so growing up I (26M) was really close with a girl named Beth. Beth and me were really good friends growing up and in Hs. My friends always knew I had a crush on her. And her friends knew this too. So did Beth I think. But she was nice about it and we remained good friends after graduation. We went to the same college and were very tight our first few years. Around junior year, she started dating someone. And our friendship just fizzled. She got pregnant and moved in with the guy. I’ve seen her only twice since and we said hello. But she was always with her dude and kid. So I kinda just didn’t really see the point as she had pretty much shown our friendship wasn’t that lasting.

Recently she has started hanging out with our group again. I found out that her and her man split up and she was coming out more because they had split custody. Well the first night she was out we caught up all night. We just talked about mutual friends and how ours lives were going. She brought up getting dinner to catch up. I told her while it was nice to have her back in the group. I didn’t really see the point to getting dinner. She asked why. I said with her baggage it seemed like a waste of time.

Well Beth went back and told all her friends I said this. So me, my two buddies and their GFs were watching the games this weekend. One of them asked why I didn’t want to go get dinner with Beth. Given that I had such a crush on her for a decade. I said because she had baggage now. And didn’t speak to me for years. So obviously she wants something from me and I’m not interested in a mom at this point in my life. But maybe a few years go by and we can grab dinner. The girlfriends started harping on my term baggage. Demanding that explain myself. I said her kid was baggage. And that alone made me not interested in catching up. Because it wouldn’t lead anywhere and honestly felt like a waste of time. They called me an AH and have been talking poo poo about me to my friends for days. They are demanding I apologize to Beth. But I said nothing wrong and feel like I’m getting the short end of the stick here. AITA?

wow OP, you're a great friend

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for referring to my old friends kid as “baggage” and saying it is the reason I don’t want to reconnect?

I can understand why the OP wouldn't want to date a single mom but he could have been way less of a poo poo head about basically everything.

Also the rule that we're only getting one side of the story and it's always written to paint the OP in the best possible light is telling me that this guy is probably a turbo-rear end in a top hat and likely a poster on r/childfree.

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021

3D Megadoodoo posted:

And here I thought I was lazy as gently caress.

People always ask why I'm not divorced. You hit the nail on the head.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Foo Diddley posted:

This dude is so loving bitter that she hosed other people before him. Also love the fact that he assumed the dinner was a date and not literally just two friends catching up. Something which normal folks do!

Invisible Clergy posted:

I cannot imagine what OP was thrusting in time with. The squeaks?

Found an update to a memorable post from a few months ago:

original:
AITA for Punishing my Son Harshly for a Prank on a Vulnerable Person?

update

This one is so loving weird to me. Looking at the comments more, I found out that the child support money was being used to pay off the mortgage and other bills because the step-father has been on disability for years now. I also found some real gems here.

quote:

I tried to introduce Tom slowly and things started out Ok. They were never warm but it was peaceful. Things started getting rougher when Tom moved in. He had an accident at work and got behind on bills. It was a little sooner than we would have liked, but Jack had known him for a year at that point. It started with little things, like Tom telling Jack to clean his room, or put away his plates or mow the lawn.

Jack just wouldn't do it. I'd notice that every time Dan flew down to spend a weekend with Jack, it got a bit worse. I remember a few years ago overhearing Jack on the phone call Tom my "pet loser." A phrase I know Dan has used about others before.

When Jack was 16 there was one time that Tom's back was hurting and he told Jack to warm him up a plate of leftovers and Jack was playing a game and told him to get it himself. Tom unplugged his X Box an then Jack said "This loving guy! He stays here for free, eats free food and now even things he has a butler. This isn't a loving hotel, Tom. You can't afford one." Then another time when Tom told him to mow the lawn and Jack said "Don't tell me to mow the lawn at my own house. You mow the lawn and make me a sandwich when you're done."

Jack isn't like this with anyone else. He's usually very kind, quick witted and gracious. Before this, he has always been very, very sweet, kind and deferential to me and the rest of the family. Would even stand up from the table and pull out my chair for me at dinner. Just like his father used to. It is also worth noting that he has always been very kind to Alyssa even if I can tell he has never embraced her as a sister.

The thing that freaks me out it is again almost exactly like his father. If he likes you, he'll be as debonair and smooth as can be. But if he doesn't, he really doesn't. And he truly hates Tom.

quote:

There is a little culture clash between Jack and Tom. Tom is an old fashioned Texas man where he believes kids should do what they're told. Jack grew up in Manhattan. Believe me, Tom has way, way dialed things down from what he'd normally do, but he does believe that kids should listen to adults and help out around the house.

He realizes that there is a lot of tension and that his usual approach isn't going to work and I have even told him that if he tries it, I won't be able to maintain the marriage if he can't find a way to make a peaceable home with my son.

After I told him that, he mostly just tried to step out of any kind of parental role, but sometimes, he'd still "tell" Jack to do something and Jack would react very badly.

The last thing I want to do is excuse this jock shithead but even mother made it clear that most of his punishment was for "disrespecting Tom", not for being a bully.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BounceBanana posted:

People always ask why I'm not divorced. You hit the nail on the head.

i was "married" like 2 years into my now 10 year relationship.

yup. it was that and my current wife finally being like dude.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
So which one of you bumped the lock button while trying to change the title? :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Danaru posted:

So which one of you bumped the lock button while trying to change the title? :v:

Lol, I saw that and got confused because this isn't the drama thread in my bookmarks today

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Duplicate whoops

slurm fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 2, 2022

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Pope Corky to be banished from Vatican city

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

slurm posted:

Roommate exposed us to toxic radon gas, what can I do legally?

It's not tuesday

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

slurm posted:

Roommate exposed us to toxic radon gas, what can I do legally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4pEsEXdlI

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Solkanar512 posted:

This dude is so loving bitter that she hosed other people before him.

Yeah, he even says "I don't want to start a relationship where I'm not the top priority."

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit
Oh was that posted on Tuesday my bad I'll find a new thing

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Before catching up on the thread I'm assuming the title is about ghost busting and a tragic disrespect for the musical talents of Ray Parker Jr.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

I’ll poo poo in your hat

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

ascii genitals posted:

My (20F) girlfriend of two years told me the music that I (25M) play during sex is weird and a major turn off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwyWkksXuo

I was not expecting Hudson Mohawke

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

someone on reddit posted:

This is some poo poo Plankton would play while loving his computer wife.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
boooo i was concerned you poops.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

boooo i was concerned you poops.

Actually, if it wasn’t you letting me know I’d have never known

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:frog::respek::unsmith:

all good.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Soylent Pudding posted:

Before catching up on the thread I'm assuming the title is about ghost busting and a tragic disrespect for the musical talents of Ray Parker Jr.

Ray Parker Jr homage semi appropriate for r/relationships problems, actually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1JrzODWfN8 Features unwelcome house visitors and infidelity.
I hope Demi does a proper recording of that song sometime, the audio in that recording isn't great.

Rescue Toaster fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 2, 2022

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I’ll poo poo in your hat
But what if she doesn't wear hats

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah, he even says "I don't want to start a relationship where I'm not the top priority."

I wanna be the baby!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ascii genitals posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwyWkksXuo

My dude over here fuckin’ to the Resident Evil Director’s Cut soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJYvCHm3Ov4

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Do Orthodox farmers in Israel observe the Shmita year?

The Israeli Ministry of Agriculture has a whole section on the website discussing it, the various ways of working around it, and the support you get if you do decide to plain stop farming for the year.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for forcing my son into a corner so he would admit he was lying in front of his friends?

quote:

My son (11m) is one of those kids who lies all the time to make himself look cooler. My wife and I have done everything we can to try and help him with his problem but nothing works. A few days before this, I had enough, and decided that next time he did this, I would try to embarrass him into stopping. On Saturday, he and his friends were playing Fortnite in the living room, while I was in the kitchen making dinner. He said that today, he had played in a game against Ninja, and he had beat him. So, he had been challenged to a 1v1, and he had absolutely destroyed him. Like always, his friends just listened in awe.

I decided to try and back him into a corner, so I came in, and I asked him what time he did this. He said around 4, just before his friends had got there, and that it was to bad they hadn't got to watch him. I said "wait. 4? You didn't finish cleaning your room until right before we invited your friends over. Were you playing while you were supposed to be cleaning?"

He had one of those "it was at this moment he knew" moments, and started talking out of his rear end. He said no, and told me that I had let him take a break and play, remember? I put my angry dad face on, and I told him no, I didn't do that, and his brother could back me up. I told him that he isn't supposed to play when his chores aren't done, and when his mom gets home, we're going to have to talk about a punishment for this. I also told him that I would let his friends stay, since they were already here, but I also wouldn't let them stay any later than usual, even if their parents allow it.

I started to walk away, and grumbled under my breath about disobedient kids and how he always does this, and the fact he tried to lie made it worse, etc. At this point, he was panicking, because my family doesn't usually do punishment, so he's not really used to it. He then actually admitted that he lied, and he wasn't playing, and he had never played with Ninja at all, etc. He then started crying and begged me not to ground him.

His friends looked shocked that he would lie to them, because like said earlier, they ALWAYS believe him. I then acted like I had no idea he was lying, and just said "Oh, sorry about that. You can keep playing then, and we'll just talk to your mom about lying to your friends. Have fun!"

We did talk with my wife about it, and like always, he was apologetic and said he wouldn't do it again. Hopefully he isn't lying about that this time. My son is still furious with me though for embarrassing him in front of his friends. He's only been talking to me the bare minimum, and my wife said that while she finds what I did kind of funny, it wasn't cool to do it in front of his friends. I'm also starting to believe I did something wrong, so please, let me know. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Better that the kid learns the world isn't always going to just go along with their bullshit now than after they're an adult.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

My browser doesn’t translate Hebrew, but my guess is it’s a pretty sound farming practice. My family farms in an arid climate and they only plant half the land each year so that moisture and nutrients can build up in the fallow land on off years. It’s also a good time to burn or otherwise eradicate weeds.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Probably a good lesson for the kid to learn, but lmao at running to Reddit to humble-brag about how savagely you owned your kid

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

imagining a guy who plays old video game songs like, megami tensei or ff music or smth during sex and lmaoing

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

therobit posted:

My browser doesn’t translate Hebrew, but my guess is it’s a pretty sound farming practice. My family farms in an arid climate and they only plant half the land each year so that moisture and nutrients can build up in the fallow land on off years. It’s also a good time to burn or otherwise eradicate weeds.

Basically the way they describe it hardly anyone does it, they find various way around it, either the land isn't really in historical Land of Israel, or they "sell" it to gentiles to work there anyway.

As for land nutrients and all that, there's a lot of research done there about crop-growing in arid climates.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Booky posted:

imagining a guy who plays old video game songs like, megami tensei or ff music or smth during sex and lmaoing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPeCei_qfnQ

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
A girl I know told me her ex did the final fantasy fanfare when he came.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Elfface posted:

A girl I know told me her ex did the final fantasy fanfare when he came.

*Zelda treasure-chest jingle as I open my pants*

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Booky posted:

City Escape from Sonic Adventure 2 on repeat

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

In college I had a fwb who'd play Led Zeppelin every time I came over to mask the noise from her roommates. Anyway that's why I spent a period in my 20s getting instantly horny when hearing Kashmir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Thrusting to black dog