Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
I am by no means a TTT expert but after reading this thread I had to try it. My friend and I were playing on a server and it was one of my first games.

I was chosen a detective, and decided to just picking people at random and calling them a traitor. It was surprisingly easy to get people riled up.

Another day I was playing and one guy stated that if he was a traitor that I should check is gun, which he then dropped on the ground. I promptly picked it up, shot him in the face and declared that "there was a new sheriff in town and things were gonna change".

In another game I was the detective and declared that someone was the traitor because the DNA detector said so. I had, and still have, no idea how the detector actually works and the guy started shouting about how he hadn't even fired his weapon and there was no way it was him. I told him I had scene CSI and that "You cannot question science". Someone else killed him and when the body was checked it announced the poor guy was an innocent. I instantly said "Guys I'm new how do you actually use the DNA detector?" and everyone got mad :(

TTT is a fantastic game to grief in, and it is even better with a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

The Supreme Court posted:

One of the TTT maps is a small island with a lighthouse. You're perfectly safe from being pushed off the top unless you crouch-jump onto a rail surrounding the edge, where it takes one crowbar swing to push you to your death.

People keep jumping onto the rail :psyduck:

There's a type of grenade in TTT called the Discombobulator. It does no damage, but throws whoever's in the blast radius in a random direction through the air.

The tower tends to get crowded with quite a few people.

I think you can see where this is going. The sudden rain of dudes from the lighthouse is a beauty to behold.

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.
But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.
Throw the incendiary near the top of the stairs so everyone is forced up to the top, and then drop it and see if you make it :)

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man
I find the best is holding a discon in your hand at the top of that map with the elevators, send both down and cook the discon till it explodes in your hand pushing everyone down.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Emron posted:

I'm really embarrassed for this guy

I'm not. He sounds like the dumbfuck who pulled lovely griefs in City of Heroes and tried to pass that off as a research paper too. Dian Fossey, he wasn't.

And christ. Even furries hate furries that call people 'hy00mans'.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Bieeardo posted:

I'm not. He sounds like the dumbfuck who pulled lovely griefs in City of Heroes and tried to pass that off as a research paper too. Dian Fossey, he wasn't.

Some academic goon could re-grief this guy by deconstructing his thesis and getting him denied tenure.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bieeardo posted:

My favorite part is where he defines furries as people with "animal avatars who are believed to be homosexual."

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

MaNiAk posted:

Speaking of TTT, I've been secretly (blatantly) using Lua aimbots, which are perfectly fine with VAC, with the shittiest weapon the m249 and turning it into a laser beam of death. The reason why the m249 is the worst gun is that if you're standing more than 2 feet from someone you're going to be pretty much shooting the air after the first shot.

What are you using? That could make for some fun griefing as a traitor.

xergm fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 11, 2010

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

MaNiAk posted:

Speaking of TTT, I've been secretly (blatantly) using Lua aimbots, which are perfectly fine with VAC,

:ssh: GMod says it uses VAC but it doesn't really. It's up to the server owner to have enabled ScriptEnforcer or something similar to stop people from clientside Lua cheats. (I used to have a Lua "wallhack" which was pretty interesting to occasionally use in Prophunt. It didn't work if ScriptEnforcer was properly set up, though.)

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else... I don't know.

xergm posted:

What are you using? That could make for some fun griefing as a traitor.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=94901

You don't want the final version, trust me.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!
I actually tried that one out and the didn't do anything to recoil for me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Another good thing you can do in TTT is grief the traitors. Most of the stories here seem sort of the opposite.

Find a server that has people that aren't complete shut ins and will talk on the mic. Then once there is only one or two traitors left go around and ask specific people (when you are a detective, so you have an air of authority) to spell innocent backwards. People don't really understand why its going on, but they have the big green bar at the bottom that spells innocent.

No big problem. But last night a friend of mine did this on a server and the third person he asked was a traitor. He clearly couldn't do it, so he got shot, and guess what?

Traitor...

also an admin who muted him and temp banned him

but still

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

Memorizing the block of text that shows up at the beginning of every round if you have the tips turned on is a good tactic I picked up too, if you have a hard time with memorizing it I'd suggest a small tattoo on the back of the right hand.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Blocking gates to cities with Mammoths was a specialty of our clan in Age of Conan back near launch. I think they've fixed the clipping/hitboxes to be smaller now, but what a joy that was...

Blarticus posted:

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=94901

You don't want the final version, trust me.

Neither version will work for me, it's like the commands don't even exist or it's installed wrong. It's in the correct folder, though. Maybe it doesn't work on TTT? Have you used it there before?

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 12, 2010

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Nerolus posted:

Blocking gates to cities with Mammoths was a specialty of our clan in Age of Conan back near launch.

Not nearly as fun as this.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

I was going to mention that, but I figured it'd been posted a few times already. Absolute classic. Makes me laugh every time.

vvv Edit:
Yeah, I just noticed how many pages this thread was. I knew it was huge but not this loving massive. It really does need to be posted a few times, if you ask me. It's that good. I don't blame him.

Nerolus fucked around with this message at 16:58 on May 12, 2010

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

Nerolus posted:

I was going to mention that, but I figured it'd been posted a few times already. Absolute classic. Makes me laugh every time.

It's been posted 4 or 5 times in this thread I believe, but it's gotten so long that I think it's a good thing to remind everyone what this thread is really about every 30 pages or so.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

Nerolus posted:

Blocking gates to cities with Mammoths was a specialty of our clan in Age of Conan back near launch. I think they've fixed the clipping/hitboxes to be smaller now, but what a joy that was...

Neither version will work for me, it's like the commands don't even exist or it's installed wrong. It's in the correct folder, though. Maybe it doesn't work on TTT? Have you used it there before?

They added a sneak-like skill that made it so you could pass through people. It also makes you super vulnerable though, so best only used in cities.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

pubbie snipers in Battlefield Bad Company 2 love it when you squat in front of them no matter where they go!

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Nerolus posted:

This sparked my interest so I searched for a video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVJgE9_6SEg&feature=related

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
A friend and I had this hilarious tag team thing in BF2 where we, as a blackhawk and spec-ops, would fly over a populated nocap and drop some c4 and then detonate it as it was on the ground.

Another favorite was to paradrop onto the opposing carrier and snipe the people waiting for a helicopter/jet. On some maps you could do the same with the airfield and smoke stacks.

None of these were effective but they were hella fun.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Mister Snips posted:

A friend and I had this hilarious tag team thing in BF2 where we, as a blackhawk and spec-ops, would fly over a populated nocap and drop some c4 and then detonate it as it was on the ground.

Real Men Clayhawk.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

pubbie snipers in Battlefield Bad Company 2 love it when you squat in front of them no matter where they go!
They also love it when you shoot smoke in front of them over and over.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

They also love a good tracer dart in the face.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

.TakaM posted:

They also love a good tracer dart in the face.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPGjQOS3WBM

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A long time ago, in a beta far far away, I liked to gently caress around in the Killzone 2 beta with a little co-operative grief that was not just fun to watch but also beneficial to me (and the enemy team!)

For those who don't know, Killzone 2's multi-player is basically like some bizarre mishmash of Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 where everyone has a certain class with abilities and skills but everyone plays it like MW2. Two of these classes are the Engineer, which can build automated turrets, and the other of the Medic, which has the ability to revive "wounded" soldiers with a gun that shoots lightning. Me and a buddy of mine would get our mics up in gear and join any random KZ2 beta game going on, both of us on opposing sides and preferably on a great big map with lots of "dead" space going around in it, and prepare to ruin someone's game.

I would be the Medic, and he would be the Engineer, and we'd work out beforehand a certain location. A location to build what? Sentries! Now it had to be somewhere out of the way that many wouldn't come to without a good reason, but when we worked that out my friend would go on ahead and set up shop in this place. If it had a blind spot in approach, the better! What I would do is go up to any random player on my team and say over Mic chat something like "Hey, I spotted a bunch of dudes in <place with all these turrets my friend made>! Let's go!" and they would follow me. Of course, at this point I would corral them into our own little "Killzone" and they would be mercilessly killed by turrets.

Nothing special right? Well, these turrets didn't exactly "kill" you in the beta originally. They just wounded you, which is a state where you're dying but still capable of being revived. I believe in the final version they do outright kill you, but in any case back then the fun would begin after they were downed in front of these turrets. I would sneak around the corner with my Medic's lightning gun and revive the downed soldier, who would mercilessly be pelted with bullets before he could even draw his gun again. There was only a short cooldown for the Medic Gun, which was usually shorter than the time it took a "downed" enemy to permanently die.

As soon as the target became wounded in front of these turrets, they were effectively trapped between me and my friend for as long as it took for them to either leave the game or for someone to uncover what we'd been doing. Every time the target hit the dirt, I'd pop out with the Medic gun to revive them. So there would be just a cacophony of shrieking voice chat and angry PSN messages sent to us from the poor sap, but not only were we playing this guy but we were being rewarded for doing it

Every time I revived this poor person, I would get XP for it and every time my friend got a kill on them they would too. Reviving the fellow unfortunately took away the kill point but it effectively made it very easy to level up and effectively ruin someone's ranking online. At times, me and my friend could keep up the cycle of ever-lasting death going for anywhere from five to ten minutes depending on the size of the map, the amount of players, and the location we had.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

doo doo doo I won't get off the spawn island doo doo doo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X359DyEMiWE

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010
In the past I used to go on Second Life and use spam blocks to lag up furry nightclubs. That was lazy trolling, so I stopped going on for a few months.

A couple of months ago, I made a new account. Female avatar with a surname like Wolftail or something equally furry. I went to a furry nightclub and instantly was flooded with private messages, one of which promised to buy me some yiff clothes if I met up with him at some furry sex shop. I met up with him, made nice talk, he gave me a rainbow wolf outfit, and then we went to the yiff chamber.

The yiff chamber was a bed in a cave in a savannah like area, and it was private so only he and I could go in it. There were animation balls on the bed so you could do all sorts of sex positions. We started doing sex, and after we did the cuddling animation whilst I grilled him.

He told me he lived in Chicago, I said I was going there in the summer and that we could meet up and date. He told me he loved me. He then told me about his fetish - he liked girls putting large objects up their vagina. He said if we met up, he would put loads of frozen hotdogs up my vagina. He then copypasted a story he wrote, about him having sex with a water Pokemon (I think it was Floatzel or Buizel, but I am not sure). I talked to him for several days and got him to buy me loads of objects, I pretended that someone told me he yiffed with someone else and he bought me more stuff to apologise. He kept telling me what he was going to do to me sexually when we met up, and I led him on. We even became 'married' in game.

After a few days, I grew bored of him. When he was talking about sex, I said I would love for him to suck my penis. He was confused, so I explained that I was a hermaphrodite so had both a penis and a vagina, and that I told him before. He said that he couldn't love someone with a penis, and promptly logged off.

The following day I went online and looked at his profile, and he had changed it, saying that his heart has been broken through Second Life, and now he is going to work on getting women in real life. He also said that he was only going to go on SL once a month. I am not sure if I griefed him or inspired him. I may have broken his heart, but it was me who made him go into the real world. In that respect, he is a better man than me. Unless he is finding a woman to carry out his sexual fantasy of them shoving a bowling ball up their fairy.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Holy hell that thesis is so utterly pathetic it's almost surreal. HEY GOONS ALL OF YOUR SUBVERSIVE AND EVIL GRIEFING IS CAUSING REAL WORLD BUSINESSES TO LOSE MONEY! :supaburn:

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

FelixMeOneMoreTime posted:

We started doing sex, and after we did the cuddling animation whilst I grilled him... I talked to him for several days and got him to buy me loads of objects ... We even became 'married' in game.
OH BOY, you sure griefed him good!

:ughh:

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 13:58 on May 17, 2010

Blarticus
Dec 7, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

doo doo doo I won't get off the spawn island doo doo doo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X359DyEMiWE

What a hilarious and new grief!

FelixMeOneMoreTime
May 11, 2010

The Supreme Court posted:

OH BOY, you sure griefed him good!

:ughh:

That wasn't the griefing aspect, the whole getting his hopes up thinking he has found a girlfriend who shares his interests then revealing she actually had a penis was the griefing part of it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In the past I used to go on Second Life and use spam blocks to lag up furry nightclubs. That was lazy trolling, so I stopped going on for a few months.

A couple of months ago, I made a new account. Female avatar with a surname like Wolftail or something equally furry. I went to a furry nightclub and instantly was flooded with private messages, one of which promised to buy me some yiff clothes if I met up with him at some furry sex shop. I met up with him, made nice talk, he gave me a rainbow wolf outfit, and then we went to the yiff chamber.

The yiff chamber was a bed in a cave in a savannah like area, and it was private so only he and I could go in it. There were animation balls on the bed so you could do all sorts of sex positions. We started doing sex, and after we did the cuddling animation whilst I grilled him.

He told me he lived in Chicago, I said I was going there in the summer and that we could meet up and date. He told me he loved me. He then told me about his fetish - he liked girls putting large objects up their vagina. He said if we met up, he would put loads of frozen hotdogs up my vagina. He then copypasted a story he wrote, about him having sex with a water Pokemon (I think it was Floatzel or Buizel, but I am not sure). I talked to him for several days and got him to buy me loads of objects, I pretended that someone told me he yiffed with someone else and he bought me more stuff to apologise. He kept telling me what he was going to do to me sexually when we met up, and I led him on. We even became 'married' in game.

After a few days, I grew bored of him. When he was talking about sex, I said I would love for him to suck my penis. He was confused, so I explained that I was a hermaphrodite so had both a penis and a vagina, and that I told him before. He said that he couldn't love someone with a penis, and promptly logged off.

The following day I went online and looked at his profile, and he had changed it, saying that his heart has been broken through Second Life, and now he is going to work on getting women in real life. He also said that he was only going to go on SL once a month. I am not sure if I griefed him or inspired him. I may have broken his heart, but it was me who made him go into the real world. In that respect, he is a better man than me. Unless he is finding a woman to carry out his sexual fantasy of them shoving a bowling ball up their fairy.

this reminds me of this one grief i did where i tied a guy up and sucked his dick then started calling him a fag hahahahaha god i got him good huh guys

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

:huh:

You had a hardon didn't you? Don't lie. :gay:

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.

Did you do all this ironically yea? One time I hosed my best friend in the rear end but I did it ironically and kept going "ooh im so gay haha" man that was funny

Eyebrows Mulligan
Apr 29, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Hey guys, Felix is just trying to grief us :ssh:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Blarticus posted:

What a hilarious and new grief!

oh, you.

But it made him switch classes, get off the island, and do something worthwhile so v:unsmith:v

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

I discovered something hilarious and fun, may have been mentioned already. "Stranded" mode in Gmod allows you to work your rear end off mining and chopping trees to build a fort or a base of some kind out of pieces of wood, fence, random props, etc. You can level up a pet, grow plants to eat food - it's pretty much exactly like Wurm Online, minus the terraforming. Anyways, it's fairly easy to make fire. Fire only requires a few materials, and if you can find a grindstone or some sort of open flame already built into the map, you can light wooden props and plants on fire.

Grab a board, only takes one wood. Light it up and drop it in someones plant field. I'll go up like a match. People will hate you forever and ever. Or better yet, do what I did and find someone painstakingly creating a house out of plywood about 50 feet up in a tree. Light it up and let it catch on fire from the ground up, spreading piece by piece until the screaming owner is finally caught on fire.

:words:

You are terribly bad at this. Thanks for the confession though. Also, congrats on becoming a furry. :what:

EmeraldFlashlight
Mar 17, 2006

by T. Fine

We know you jerked off. You don't even have to admit it. We know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN SHIT
Mar 10, 2001

guff
So do the marriages that have broken up over WoW guildmates hooking up.. do those count as griefing?

• Locked thread