Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Did anyone ever made a gif of that cop going full Terminator on dude's window when he said, "No officer, I wasn't driving. I was traveling."

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Shbobdb posted:

Throwing back weird racist rules lawyering at racist rules lawyers feels ineffective to me since all it does it create a larger tradition of racist rules lawyering.

:shrug: I can't always just cuss them out so I need an alternative.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

dis astranagant posted:

The US is quite permissive on citizenship in general due to our long stance on preventing statelessness. IIRC we won't recognize that you've renounced your US citizenship if you aren't a dual citizen at the time.

You just have to be outside the US at the time, as far as I know. There are some notes where we suggest you really not do this if you aren't a dual national, but if you're not in the US and not a citizen, not our problem.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I recommend direct violence. Or if that isn't socially available, indirect violence like visine in their cocktail.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Nessus posted:

Is the dog in question a Republican?

Can you actually prove to me and a jury when someone isn't a christian or a conservative?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

torgeaux posted:

No, you don't. You have to have a license to drive, not travel. Passenger, on foot, whatever. That's the flaw in those weird SovCit arguments about not needing a license because they're "travelling." Travel away, good sir, but you cannot drive.

Eh. A lot of state highways outlaw or discourage pedestrian traffic, and vehicles that don't require licenses (bicycles, some species of moped, horses) can't be used on highways. Of course that only bars you from using public highways - you can still travel on backstreets and public land all you want!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Madkal posted:

If Trump can run then so should a Pomeranian.

Pair him with Vice President Papillon and I am right the gently caress on board.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

ZeeToo posted:

You just have to be outside the US at the time, as far as I know. There are some notes where we suggest you really not do this if you aren't a dual national, but if you're not in the US and not a citizen, not our problem.

Don't we also make it hard to renounce citizenship so billionaires can't just move to Hong Kong and then renounce their citizenship and never pay US taxes again?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Gyges posted:

The Natural Born Citizen clause was a gently caress you to Alexander Hamilton, and also there to save the fragile nation from the evils of French and English sleeper agents.

My favorite take on the natural born citizen clause comes from America: The Book.

"Very important. Imagine having fought for years to win your independence from England only to have King George get on the ballot and win. Very embarrassing."

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Shbobdb posted:

I recommend direct violence. Or if that isn't socially available, indirect violence like visine in their cocktail.
Don't do this. Unless you want to maybe put someone in a coma.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

The Lone Badger posted:

It's supposed to be cats

I checked with all three of my cats and apparently they see Twain as, quote, "one of the good ones"

Boot and Rally
Apr 21, 2006

8===D
Nap Ghost

Mister Adequate posted:

Fuckin nipple-necks, might as well just hand the whole planet over

Stupid tanks are born able to vote.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Boot and Rally posted:

Stupid tanks are born able to vote.

This post and the one it quotes are the best.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Um gently caress you even without this thing

Kirk literally and I mean literally called Obama "The drug dealer in chief"

please don't vote for racist assholes in the future.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Just do what I do and never vote for a Republican. If a Republican is the only one running for a position and there is no write-in, just skip voting for that office. It's served me well so far.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shbobdb posted:

Did anyone ever made a gif of that cop going full Terminator on dude's window when he said, "No officer, I wasn't driving. I was traveling."

?

The one where he just yanks that poo poo and it shatters?

Or the one where the chucklefuck in the truck gets the border patrol guy who knows his poo poo, realizes he's gone and hosed up, and tries rolling up the window and locking the door only to have the patrol guy bust out the window with a collapsible baton? That one can't be done justice with a gif because of how the chucklefuck reacts to poo poo getting real.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Dexo posted:

HHhhhhuh. What was your rationale for this, Luigi?

FAUXTON posted:

The one where he just yanks that poo poo and it shatters?

Or the one where the chucklefuck in the truck gets the border patrol guy who knows his poo poo, realizes he's gone and hosed up, and tries rolling up the window and locking the door only to have the patrol guy bust out the window with a collapsible baton? That one can't be done justice with a gif because of how the chucklefuck reacts to poo poo getting real.

Links?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Kro-Bar posted:

Don't we also make it hard to renounce citizenship so billionaires can't just move to Hong Kong and then renounce their citizenship and never pay US taxes again?

You explicitly cannot renounce away tax debts and legal issues.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Crabtree posted:

Can you actually prove to me and a jury when someone isn't a christian or a conservative?
Yeah, you just need a paper bag.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Artificer posted:

HHhhhhuh. What was your rationale for this, Luigi?

Links?

https://youtu.be/t-32-m0_-Sg

They're all in there.

E: Chucklefuck is at 14:30

E2: Terminator Cop is at like 1:05.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 28, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

just google "cop bust window soverign citizen"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoBgkAmJUn0&t=226s

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Dexo posted:

Luigi didn't vote for him. Read the next few posts.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

GalacticAcid posted:

Luigi didn't vote for him. Read the next few posts.

yeah. I noticed that. I'm just going to leave that up so I never forget to read the rest of the thread...

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
drat I have short term memory.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

KiteAuraan posted:

Just do what I do and never vote for a Republican. If a Republican is the only one running for a position and there is no write-in, just skip voting for that office. It's served me well so far.

Unfortunately I had to vote for a Republican this year because his opponent was also a Republican and was 1000x crazier.

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
Please tell me there are comments from the Malhuer jurors. They were factually guilty of the charges, I've got to know their reasoning.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
As a white male, my most selfish reason for hating republicans is that their idiotic policies are somehow turning white males into a single voting bloc. That means once demographics change and white men don't have the same undue influence on national contests (like right now for example) politicians will basically dismiss them and their concerns as a group. The race war a lot of white men fear is more likely because they are segregating themselves so heavily politically.

If American political collaborations were built on actual policy positions then race wouldn't be an issue, but whites gotta white I guess and even though I never will vote republican I'm gonna get dragged down with the rest of the deplorable idiots.

At least I'm educated I guess.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/DLin71/status/791850440832851968

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Spoke Lee posted:

Please tell me there are comments from the Malhuer jurors. They were factually guilty of the charges, I've got to know their reasoning.

White people can't be terrorists, duh.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
My less selfish reasons are that Republican policies are monstrous and evil

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
From what I've read the Feds goddamn bungled the whole goddamn case and shouldn't have file those specific charges.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Stereotype posted:

As a white male, my most selfish reason for hating republicans is that their idiotic policies are somehow turning white males into a single voting bloc. That means once demographics change and white men don't have the same undue influence on national contests (like right now for example) politicians will basically dismiss them and their concerns as a group. The race war a lot of white men fear is more likely because they are segregating themselves so heavily politically.

If American political collaborations were built on actual policy positions then race wouldn't be an issue, but whites gotta white I guess and even though I never will vote republican I'm gonna get dragged down with the rest of the deplorable idiots.

Why are you accepting Republican political framing? You're a white man, sure, but what exactly ARE your interests here? The Republicans certainly aren't doing well for most white men in anything other than giving them something to screech and fulminate at, which, while apparently a key aspect of governance, is not actually doing anything for them.

I do not think there will ever actually be a Race War unless these idiots start it.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Hollismason posted:

From what I've read the Feds goddamn bungled the whole goddamn case and shouldn't have file those specific charges.

Yeah it's like the cop or white vigilante who gets off of a murder charge when manslaughter probably would have stuck

I suppose it is meant to dissuade prosecutors from just charging stupidly harsh crimes then "setting" for the highest they can, but it always feels so gross in the end.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Mendrian posted:

Eh. A lot of state highways outlaw or discourage pedestrian traffic, and vehicles that don't require licenses (bicycles, some species of moped, horses) can't be used on highways. Of course that only bars you from using public highways - you can still travel on backstreets and public land all you want!

Both who responded to this ignored "passenger," and most of the limitations you list apply to limited access highways, like interstates and parkways. It doesn't matter, though. They're right conceptually, and wrong in their application. They can travel, but the state can restrict or license means of travel.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I also don't think this is the last Bundy trial.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Stereotype posted:

Yeah it's like the cop or white vigilante who gets off of a murder charge when manslaughter probably would have stuck

I suppose it is meant to dissuade prosecutors from just charging stupidly harsh crimes then "setting" for the highest they can, but it always feels so gross in the end.

Not really. It's like when the fbi hands a retarded kid some clay, tells him it's c4 and asks him if he wants to jihad.

Only in this case, the retarded kids had money for lawyers.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Stereotype posted:

Yeah, it's definitely "not all white men". Unironically, because college education is an enormous rift in the demographic.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Yeah, it's definitely "not all white men". Unironically, because college education is an enormous rift in the demographic.

And the few remaining union guys.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Spoke Lee posted:

The actual criminal offenses they were charged with had less straightforward legal definitions than you'd think. This tells me we need to amend the criminal code to make it so storming a federal facility as part of an armed group and refusing to let anyone in for a month actually gets punished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

FAUXTON posted:

https://youtu.be/t-32-m0_-Sg

They're all in there.

E: Chucklefuck is at 14:30

E2: Terminator Cop is at like 1:05.

Did that cop at 4 whatever just say "I believe crime is afoot" :magical:

• Locked thread