Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

It has to be local

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Play XCOM but with half the team as his, and half the team as yours.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It has to be local

Portal 2 has splitsceen even on PC, I'm pretty sure.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

CJacobs posted:

Portal 2 has splitsceen even on PC, I'm pretty sure.

The store page lists single player and 'coop' which means online coop only.

Looking for 'local coop' store page listings.
the store page is a lie?

edit: not meant to be snarky, here's a terrible smilie to ease any pain :sterv:

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 3, 2015

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

mr. nobody posted:

I have played splitscreen Portal 2 on PC, PC Portal 2 has splitscreen

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mr. nobody posted:

edit: not meant to be snarky, here's a terrible smilie to ease any pain :sterv:

Portal 2 has offline splitscreen dude

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

I'm wrong, no problem but seriously my source was steam the makers and sellers of this game

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

'Co-op' means the game has co-op. 'Local Co-op' means it has no online co-op.

Steam unfortunately doesn't enforce any distinction between games that have online co-op only and those that have both online and local.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What are the for real good Visual Novels that are up on Steam? My anime tolerance is high but I would still prefer very little sex with underage girls stuff.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

littleorv posted:

What are the for real good Visual Novels that are up on Steam? My anime tolerance is high but I would still prefer very little sex with underage girls stuff.

So a little bit is ok then?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Well implied stuff is fine I just don't want to see any of it.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

EightDeer posted:

Are any of the "Choice of" text adventures worth playing / any good? Given that the last ones I played were the loving Heroes Rise series, which are 100% garbage, I'm reluctant to try them.

The Heroes Rise series is literally the worst they have to offer to my knowledge, all of the rest are better. Unless you need those Steam Cheevos, get them from the website itself, there's more games and you can look at the code. As for others worth playing, in addition to what others have already said, Neighbourhood Necromancer has a surprising amount of depth to it and a sometimes fun, sometimes gory setting.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

littleorv posted:

World End Economica is by the author of Spice and Wolf and is apparently pretty good. Haven't gotten around to playing it myself though.

And there's Hatoful Boyfriend of course.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Quick tell me a good two player coop game I can play with my visiting Bosnian friend

Bowling.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

littleorv posted:

Pretty much everything on steam is crap. Not that there's a large wealth of good stuff off of steam but the handful of decent ones out there haven't really made it to the platform yet.

If your anime tolerance is indeed high, maybe you'll enjoy Grisaia no Kajitsu when it hits Steam sometime this month, apparently. It's honestly pretty funny.

edit: Oh yeah and Higurashi chapter 1 hits in a couple weeks and that's kind of interesting and creepy (in the good way), although that doesn't get really good until the second half (chapters 5-8) which will take years to release at this rate.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 4, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

littleorv posted:

Hatoful Boyfriend and Long Live the Queen are pretty enjoyable.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Narcissu is good if you want to be sad. Analog: A Hate Story is good if you want to be confused, sad, and then mad.

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Pretty much everything on steam is crap. Not that there's a large wealth of good stuff off of steam but the handful of decent ones out there haven't really made it to the platform yet.

If your anime tolerance is indeed high, maybe you'll enjoy Grisaia no Kajitsu when it hits Steam sometime this month, apparently. It's honestly pretty funny.

Mostly this though. Steam is not a great platform for finding good VNs.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
VNs fall into Sturgeon's Law even harder than normal video games if you're not in it for the anime titties.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks goons. I wasn't optimistic that there would be any good VN's but I figured I'd may as well ask. I'll probably try and play through the bird dating simulator again because I've heard good things.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Quick tell me a good two player coop game I can play with my visiting Bosnian friend

Not sure, but make sure he makes you coffee

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Analog: A Hate Story is good if you want to be confused, sad, and then mad.

and then Hate Plus to get angry or sad, depending on route.

Sadly, Hate Plus is not as good in the writing side as the original.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Morter posted:

Managed to slog through Watch_Dog's main campaign, groaning through most of it, but I didn't really hate the gameplay.

That said, I don't know how soon I should start the separate Bad Blood DLC, if at all. Anyone here put themselves through it? How is it?

Not gonna lie. I LOVED Watch_Dogs. Yes...Adrien was Autistic Superman, but that was the charm. I completed most of the side activities.

By the time the DLC came around months later, I was still burned out. The new PC is a better protagonist (Angry Wrench Wielding Canadian!) than Adrien, but its more of the same.

DO YOU WANT TO WASH_MORE_DOGGIES!? Play the DLC. If you didn't like the main game, the DLC won't change that. The new PC plays somewhat differently so you have to play the game differently (I don't think he gets a silenced pistol? He certainly doesn't get the game-breaking silenced-rifle Adrien got).

Heck...I dunno...I might re-install and play the DLC. Its been long enough. :shrug:

I want more WASH_DOGEZ...pretty happy the rumor mill is spinning up on the sequel, and that Ubisoft might be taking their time for once.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 4, 2015

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

The twist is that you end up on a DHS watch list instead of just the FBI.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

C.M. Kruger posted:

The twist is that you end up on a DHS watch list instead of just the FBI.

That scene was invented for the anime adaptation, so fear not!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Mortal Kombat X for 20 bucks.

GET OVER HERE

Edit: Didn't realize the thread has a hate-on for G2A/Kinguin now.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 4, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Snuffman posted:

Not gonna lie. I LOVED Watch_Dogs. Yes...Adrien was Autistic Superman, but that was the charm. I completed most of the side activities.

By the time the DLC came around months later, I was still burned out. The new PC is a better protagonist (Angry Wrench Wielding Canadian!) than Adrien, but its more of the same.

DO YOU WANT TO WASH_MORE_DOGGIES!? Play the DLC. If you didn't like the main game, the DLC won't change that. The new PC plays somewhat differently so you have to play the game differently (I don't think he gets a silenced pistol? He certainly doesn't get the game-breaking silenced-rifle Adrien got).

Heck...I dunno...I might re-install and play the DLC. Its been long enough. :shrug:

I want more WASH_DOGEZ...pretty happy the rumor mill is spinning up on the sequel, and that Ubisoft might be taking their time for once.

Both Aiden and T-Bone start with silenced pistols, and I plan on being minimalistic with weaponry--not picking up everything I see so it's a bitch to scroll through stuff (plus, I find it irksome to carry like 30 weapons on your person).

I do like this whole semi-randomized/repeating missions for XP and extra perks in the whole Street Sweeping angle, but AI and combat are already coming off slightly annoying...

I don't know if I'll even complete it, if stupid loving Tobias or whatever is going to be a major character. T-Bone I can handle at least

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Tezzeract posted:

GET OVER HERE

[u[/url]

Nooooope pirated keys/ stolen keys no thanks.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Tezzeract posted:

GET OVER HERE

This site got people's uPlay keys revoked for being stolen and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to talk about them on SA.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

I didn't give anyone permission to make a game about my life.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Long Live the Queen is really fun, it's less a traditional visual novel and more a boardgame-style game where you build up stats and they determine the outcome of both scripted and semi-random events all wrapped up in a narrative presentation.

Like, as a very mild spoiler one of the big events early in the game revolves around an assassination attempt on the princess via a gift of poisoned chocolates, and there are a ton of different skill checks that allow her to survive it: if she's studied divination then she recognizes a portent of doom on her way to pick them up and gets spooked, if she's studied dog handling enough to get a puppy then it smells the poison and warns her, if she's studied geography then she'll recognize that the kingdom its supposedly from doesn't actually make chocolates, etc.

And of course you could have not done a good enough job raising her in which case she eats them and dies.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

I didn't give anyone permission to make a game about my life.

How exactly are those things on your shoulders attached?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Don't buy from G2A unless you like losing your money for garbage.

Buy from Nuuvem instead and support the time-honored tradition of taking advantage of another country's weak economy.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sleeveless posted:

Long Live the Queen is really fun, it's less a traditional visual novel and more a boardgame-style game where you build up stats and they determine the outcome of both scripted and semi-random events all wrapped up in a narrative presentation.

Like, as a very mild spoiler one of the big events early in the game revolves around an assassination attempt on the princess via a gift of poisoned chocolates, and there are a ton of different skill checks that allow her to survive it: if she's studied divination then she recognizes a portent of doom on her way to pick them up and gets spooked, if she's studied dog handling enough to get a puppy then it smells the poison and warns her, if she's studied geography then she'll recognize that the kingdom its supposedly from doesn't actually make chocolates, etc.

And of course you could have not done a good enough job raising her in which case she eats them and dies.

Making my princess be the demon god-queen ruler of the mortal universe was probably my favorite part of that game

edit: This is only slightly a joke

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

resistentialism posted:

How exactly are those things on your shoulders attached?

Very carefully.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

mr. nobody posted:

edit: hero siege

Yeah, this or Terreria

Or Towerfall Ascension

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Sloppy posted:

Yeah, this or Terreria

Or Towerfall Ascension

Is starbound good yet?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Tezzeract posted:

GET OVER HERE

Hope you like paying money for something that'll just be taken back.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Why hasn't anyone suggested Crypt of the Necrodancer for that local co-op guy?

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 4, 2015

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I got a coupon for 50% off Out There: Omega Edition by crafting a badge, but only one guy on my friend list has it and he hasn't played it yet. Any opinions? It looks like a pretty nice FTL-esque roguelite, especially for $5.

Reasking. No one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is starbound good yet?

Pretty sure those guys simply ran off into the sunset and left the game as it was.

• Locked thread