Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

RabbitWizard posted:

Never got the appeal of the game. Two perfect players will never have anything but a default. And becoming a perfect player isn't hard with basic math and the ability to flip an image around in your head.
places where games of tic-tac-toe happen

- in an elementary school on the side margin of a print-out
- on a playground that has one of those twirly built-in tic-tac-toe sets
- in a prison with no chess sets or decks of cards or books or radios maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ever wanted to play Mario Kart but where the most recognizable character is the OUYA??? http://store.steampowered.com/app/323670/

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

Ever wanted to play Mario Kart but where the most recognizable character is the OUYA??? http://store.steampowered.com/app/323670/

quote:

classic retro 16-bit style

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Are there any essential mods for The Witcher 2?

Yeah, the combat rebalance mod one of the developers made.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Gort posted:

Yeah, the combat rebalance mod one of the developers made.

Witcher 2 is fine without that mod, and I'd recommend skipping it for a first playthrough - it makes some nice changes like giving you all of the top Witcher talent tree, but also breaks some things, like most alchemy recipes are now gained from a talent instead of buying from a vendor, which makes some quests impossible to complete until you get the talent.

I recently replayed it and answered this as well to another goon asking about the mod:

PlushCow posted:

I recently re-played Witcher 2 on PC with the Combat Rebalance Mod, previously played on the xbox 360, and I say you're probably better off skipping it for your first or only playthrough.

+ It nice because it gives you many talents from the get-go, like the Witcher talent tree, extended dodge roll, some which are essential anyways

- It does break some stuff. Much of the major talent trees are changed. You have to get a talent in the Alchemy tree for recipes, which you can't buy anymore and made one early side mission impossible to do until you have it. There's a mission or two you just wont be able to complete because of other changes.
-Breaks the tutorial but forget it, you dont need it.

But beyond those two things that stand out in my mind, I don't think it's essential at all and you can just play Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition as is. I would maybe look at a guide or two because I can't remember all the necessary talents (parry, +dodge distance, anything that gives +Vigor) and skippable ones (throwing daggers). Just remember to keep mobile, dodge all the time, and dont just button mash, use potions beforehand (swallow all the time) and dont hold back on explosives or magic.

http://www.beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=The_Witcher_2:_Assassins_of_Kings

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I liked Heroes Rise.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

C.M. Kruger posted:

classic retro 16-bit style
Has anyone made an Early Access game description generator yet? Here's one for startups

frank.club posted:

Plus it's free so shut your stupid mouth odiv lol
But my posting is free for you to read!

odiv fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 3, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

EightDeer posted:

Are any of the "Choice of" text adventures worth playing / any good? Given that the last ones I played were the loving Heroes Rise series, which are 100% garbage, I'm reluctant to try them.

I liked Mecha Ace for the couple of bucks I paid for it, but I'm a Gundam fan. It's reasonably short but is well written and manages to support a reasonable range of mecha styles from "you're all basically grunts and everybody dies" to "you're an insane dude with a laser sword who wins through the power of hot-headedness."

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

All I remember about Tallgeese was that he would invade people worlds under a dumb persona, make himself a friendly phantom then gently caress with people's games testing things. He would tell the thread that he was doing it with friend's games, but there was more than one time I saw him in some random guy's blind playthrough loving with things. The guy playing would be very confused at someone forcing themselves into their game and things happening.

The name I used at any given moment was based on what armor and weapon I was using that day, and was meant to look like an NPC name for fun. It worked quite well, many people thought I was a hidden NPC until they actually checked their recent players list.

Eventually, people made up this story that when I was wearing Silver Knight armor I was out to co-op, and when I was wearing Black Knight armor I was out to kill your NPCs (which I have never done once). The truth is that there was no "persona" or anything like that, that whole notion was a rumor that gained traction for some reason.

As for my testing... The only things I tested without asking were inconsequential things that I knew in advance were completely harmless, thanks to earlier testing in which I asked for volunteers. I mixed that sort of harmless testing in with my usual co-op routine, so unless I confirmed I was testing something you really wouldn't know if I was at the moment.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Everyone should be waiting for the return of the king http://wackywheelsracing.com/

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Managed to slog through Watch_Dog's main campaign, groaning through most of it, but I didn't really hate the gameplay.

That said, I don't know how soon I should start the separate Bad Blood DLC, if at all. Anyone here put themselves through it? How is it?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I am deeply unhappy that they didn't license some actually notable indie characters, like, say, the Cave Story robot. I'm sure most indie people wouldn't have cared if you asked.

Or is that naive?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

The name I used at any given moment was based on what armor and weapon I was using that day, and was meant to look like an NPC name for fun. It worked quite well, many people thought I was a hidden NPC until they actually checked their recent players list.

Eventually, people made up this story that when I was wearing Silver Knight armor I was out to co-op, and when I was wearing Black Knight armor I was out to kill your NPCs (which I have never done once). The truth is that there was no "persona" or anything like that, that whole notion was a rumor that gained traction for some reason.

As for my testing... The only things I tested without asking were inconsequential things that I knew in advance were completely harmless, thanks to earlier testing in which I asked for volunteers. I mixed that sort of harmless testing in with my usual co-op routine, so unless I confirmed I was testing something you really wouldn't know if I was at the moment.
Uh huh

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

I am deeply unhappy that they didn't license some actually notable indie characters, like, say, the Cave Story robot. I'm sure most indie people wouldn't have cared if you asked.

Or is that naive?

I'm guessing that most of the devs involved felt that their games were really popular and good with recognizable and beloved characters

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just correcting your bad information.

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm guessing that most of the devs involved felt that their games were really popular and good with recognizable and beloved characters

Well, they're wrong. I suspect that isn't an uncommon event.

Which reminds me, why haven't you been added to the curator mentions in the OP?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Tallgeese posted:

Which reminds me, why haven't you been added to the curator mentions in the OP?

My guess is that it's because no sane person would ever bother reading a Steam thread OP, much less actually edit one

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

In my defense I only skimmed it out of curiosity.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

EightDeer posted:

Are any of the "Choice of" text adventures worth playing / any good? Given that the last ones I played were the loving Heroes Rise series, which are 100% garbage, I'm reluctant to try them.

Choice of Robots and Tin Star, the latter is on its way.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

PlushCow posted:

Witcher 2 is fine without that mod, and I'd recommend skipping it for a first playthrough - it makes some nice changes like giving you all of the top Witcher talent tree, but also breaks some things, like most alchemy recipes are now gained from a talent instead of buying from a vendor, which makes some quests impossible to complete until you get the talent.

I recently replayed it and answered this as well to another goon asking about the mod:

I think you must have missed the fact that the mod makes the combat feel much more responsive - it's not just a collection of talent changes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Where's ricochet 2

WHERE is ricochet 2 gabe n!!

A couple years ago I listened to an interview with gabe newell. They asked about ricochet 2 and he said there were "exactly as many people working on ricochet 2 as there were when development started." There's still hope!!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Gestalt Intellect posted:

A couple years ago I listened to an interview with gabe newell. They asked about ricochet 2 and he said there were "exactly as many people working on ricochet 2 as there were when development started." There's still hope!!

So... zero?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

EDIT: For some reason I thought that said weeks and you therefore you were serious. DOH!

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 3, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:thejoke:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Gort posted:

I think you must have missed the fact that the mod makes the combat feel much more responsive - it's not just a collection of talent changes.

The combat is still pretty bad with the mod, and the mod breaks a bunch of poo poo and fucks up item progression and does a lot of other lovely stuff. It's really bad.

Like if it was just the changes to the combat it might be ok, but it's really barely an improvement to begin with and definitely not worth loving up all the other stuff.

e: seriously don't use the mod for your first playthrough, it's garbage.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

EightDeer posted:

SLAMMED! is pretty great. It's been a few decades since I last gave a gently caress about wrestling, and it still got me interested.

Thank you for that clarification.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

RabbitWizard posted:

Never got the appeal of the game. Two perfect players will never have anything but a default. And becoming a perfect player isn't hard with basic math and the ability to flip an image around in your head.

Still an awesome thing for the makers of the game, they learned about the whole Steam process and how to get a game on there :shobon:

I heard* Ultimate Tic Tac Toe was to be the second paid mods game, but things changed at the last minute and their dreams of a payday have been dashed.

*made up

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

gently caress! Wheres ricochet 2!

Alien swarm 2, ricochet 2, codename gordon 2, these are what we need valve not any of this sissy half-life 3 poo poo

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I think that was his interview with Nerdist, which is kind of eerie to listen to in the wake of the paid mod scandal because he spends like half interview talking about monetizing content and giving sloppy blowjobs to the "maker" scene.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I got a coupon for 50% off Out There: Omega Edition by crafting a badge, but only one guy on my friend list has it and he hasn't played it yet. Any opinions? It looks like a pretty nice FTL-esque roguelite, especially for $5.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

My guess is that it's because no sane person would ever bother reading a Steam thread OP, much less actually edit one

What is your curator thingy

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cerepol posted:

What is your curator thingy

It's not very good.

Orv
May 4, 2011
In light of your admitting that I can't even pretend to be mad about it anymore. :smith:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It's fantastic actually

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

littleorv posted:

It's fantastic actually

Waifu Hunter's curator review of: Littlewitch Romanesque: Editio Regia posted:

"It's a bit like Harry Potter, if Harry Potter was an FBI honeypot meant to get you on several watchlists and no-fly lists. Obama ruins anime yet again."

:agreed:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Quick tell me a good two player coop game I can play with my visiting Bosnian friend

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I recommend playing Narcissu 1 & 2 (it's free!) and then This War of Mine to start off a real happy day.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Quick tell me a good two player coop game I can play with my visiting Bosnian friend

http://store.steampowered.com/app/95400/

Ibb and Obb is fun if you meant puzzle games

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Trine 1 or 2.
Portal 2 is the best, though.
Tomb Raider and the Guardian of Light is really fun.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

portal 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

broforce
battleblock theater
gauntlet
magicka
monaco

edit: hero siege

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 3, 2015

• Locked thread