Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

They will not give him pain killers.

I see absolutely nothing about refusing anesthesia while users are clean. Not giving opiates is obvious, but novocaine or other locals seem to be OK as long as he's not high in the dentist's chair.

"If you use meth you can never go to the dentist again" seems a bit unrealistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

shortspecialbus posted:

The Jeep was burned out. The van is only clapped out :colbert:

(and engined out)

FYI, both the van and Jeep are no longer on the property.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

shortspecialbus posted:

The Jeep was burned out. The van is only clapped out :colbert:

(and engined out)

O....or were they....

:tinfoil:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

McStephenson posted:

A Mad Max: Fury Road reaction GIF re:my sincere assertions.

Touché.

edit: then again people are literally working to get a shipping label slapped on a box to "Burned Out Van, Valentine NE" soooooo

Come on admit it you heard the voice in your head

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

"If you use meth you can never go to the dentist again" seems a bit unrealistic.

Billboards and TV ads with pictures of meth users appear to support this conclusion. :v:

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

DICK DICER posted:

Come on admit it you heard the voice in your head

I 100%, NBA Jam style from across the court, multiple somersault, break the glass while the artifact voice shouts SLAMMA JAMMA slam dunk admit that I heard that voice in my head when you posted that GIF.

"...MY PROPERTY!"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

I see absolutely nothing about refusing anesthesia while users are clean. Not giving opiates is obvious, but novocaine or other locals seem to be OK as long as he's not high in the dentist's chair.

yeah I just meant he's got tooth sensitivity and is not gonna get a prescription. probably need a few thousand bux in root canals and tooth implants etc but maybe a dentist could fix a cavity or two if that's the immediate issue.

if dick is gonna establish residency in nebraska for the purpose of recieving benefits he is gonna need a nebraska id, right?

id say the first things to do for the next couple of days is fix the popup and get his package. and speaking of... didnt greyhound insist it could not be delivered to that bus stop in north platte??

TheNothingNew
Nov 10, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

id say the first things to do for the next couple of days is fix the popup and get his package. and speaking of... didnt greyhound insist it could not be delivered to that bus stop in north platte??

Yuuup. That's why he was heading to Ogalalllaa in the first place.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

if dick is gonna id say the first things to do for the next couple of days is fix the popup and get his package. and speaking of... didnt greyhound insist it could not be delivered to that bus stop in north platte??

Grehound: quality guaranteed

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

DICK DICER posted:

MY PACKAGE JUST ARRIVED IN NORTH PLATTE

Holy.

loving.

poo poo.

I'm both shocked and unbelievably happy to hear this. Best loving thing all month, and I literally just finished spending three days at the Goodwood Revival.

Maybe second-best, because spending the day with you last weekend was pretty loving hilarious.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Dave, did you get your 'za?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

HandlingByJebus posted:

Gotwood Revival.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

rndmnmbr posted:

Dave, did you get your 'za?

I did it was cheesy and the manager sat and chatted with me for a while, boss

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

DICK DICER posted:

Gotwood Revival

:quagmire:

I got a lot of wood this weekend. Not gonna lie. Will post photos / videos soon :)

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

DICK DICER posted:

I did it was cheesy and the manager sat and chatted with me for a while, boss

Yeah, I told her you had your poo poo jacked and you were in a rough spot. She was pretty goddamned awesome on the phone.

I wish I could do more.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Dude, I need to get the box size. Wanna measure you car so we can get some idea of how big this box is. The box looks like it might be 2.5 feet tall, but the other dimensions, I dunno.

edit: I am slightly worried this box might be too big for fedex.

nm fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 11, 2017

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think fedex is usually really expensive for big boxes, anyway. what we need is a courier maybe? or freight.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Isn't this all assuming that greyhound will release the box to someone other than 14? I thought they wanted 2 forms of ID, the claim check and a DNA test.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Leperflesh posted:

I think fedex is usually really expensive for big boxes, anyway. what we need is a courier maybe? or freight.

Bike flights uses a merchant account, which reduces costs quite a bit. I think the largest box fedex will ship with 75lbs is like $100.

rdb posted:

Isn't this all assuming that greyhound will release the box to someone other than 14? I thought they wanted 2 forms of ID, the claim check and a DNA test.
Per Dave, north platte DGAF. There are some other logistical hurdles like getting the shipping label to them.

edit: I've messaged a touring cyclist in North Platte to see if he can measure box and stick a label on it.

nm fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 11, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
They actually called me back, which was unexpected. Their boss needs to call his boss for the okay, and will call me back tomorrow.

My body is ready

Pissssss

Totally dissolves road build up :ohdear:

Ogallalalala

Norteno platte

nm
Jan 28, 2008

So I have a dude who can stick a mailing label on that box in North Platte. Maybe measure it too.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

DICK DICER posted:

They actually called me back, which was unexpected. Their boss needs to call his boss for the okay, and will call me back tomorrow.

Is this re: them potentially getting the package to you, or just releasing it to a courier/goon/honest looking Lycra Bandit?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Don Dongington posted:

Is this re: them potentially getting the package to you, or just releasing it to a courier/goon/honest looking Lycra Bandit?

Yes

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Now I'm curious about these cashiers.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

my kinda ape posted:

Now I'm curious about these cashiers.

They are good at looking at things.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

nm posted:

So I have a dude who can stick a mailing label on that box in North Platte. Maybe measure it too.

Will greyhound release the thing to a dude who's not Dick? I sure hope so. Seems like the easiest, most expedient way to get him his poo poo back.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

Will greyhound release the thing to a dude who's not Dick? I sure hope so. Seems like the easiest, most expedient way to get him his poo poo back.

I'm sort of hoping a fedex label with dick's name and address will seem more legit than just some dude.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

nm posted:

I'm sort of hoping a fedex label with dick's name and address will seem more legit than just some dude.

And for authenticity, 14 Inch Burned-Out-Jeep sounds suitably Native American to possibly be a tiny backwoods location that is also a valid address.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Eat This Glob posted:

At this point I'm like 90% sure you can just walk into any given Greyhound terminal and just help yourself to whatever bags you want.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hell ive been riding to and from town twice a day whether i need to or not, get me down there and itd be like a 14 hour ride back

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DICK DICER posted:

I believe i was signed up for washington apple care through molina (sp?) But my wallet was stolen so many times i stopped replacing cards

gently caress Molina with the largest elephant-sized dildo with titanium spikes. I've had nothing but bad experiences with those chucklefucks while they sit around and jerk each other off.

I'm on one of their ACA plans, but fixing any of their fuckups is a week+ process that requires me spending a full day or twenty on the phone with those cum gargling fucksticks.

DICK DICER posted:

MY PACKAGE JUST ARRIVED IN NORTH PLATTE

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Tremek posted:

FYI, both the van and Jeep are no longer on the property.

I saw that in the videos, but... what happened to them? :ohdear:

That's a pretty drat nice bike, thanks Tremek!

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Sep 11, 2017

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Holy poo poo, this thread exploded.

If you don't mind can you take a pic of the pop-up mechanism at the center that pulls on all 4 cables? I'm not quite getting how it works but I've got some ideas on making something that will work.

E: does the truck have a trailer hitch?

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Tremek posted:

Other stuff I brought up for Dave that I can remember:

2 x 10-meal Mountain House meal boxes
2 x big tins of dried fruit
Some Nutrigrain bars
2 x big 7 gallon water containers
A medium-heavy insulated puffy-style XL jacket
Insulated winter work gloves
2 x pair heavy winter socks
Brand-new Camping toilet
LED head lamp - takes AAAs - he has a bunch
LED Coleman-style camping lamp - takes AAs - I brought him a 48-pack of AAs
If all else fails - a solar-charged LED inflatable camping lamp
Trash bags
Case of toilet paper
Costco bag of microfiber towels
2x spare (empty) propane tanks - I forgot to get these filled in the tire-changing chaos, but he now has 3 total propane tanks including the one that came on the camper.

So while not a complete and infinitely sustainable setup, it's what I could pull together on short notice.

Suddenly to me the thread is basically this:

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!

kastein posted:

Holy poo poo, this thread exploded.

If you don't mind can you take a pic of the pop-up mechanism at the center that pulls on all 4 cables? I'm not quite getting how it works but I've got some ideas on making something that will work.

E: does the truck have a trailer hitch?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0273/4347/files/1995_coleman_destiny_series.pdf?166952328207538286288

This has a very detailed breakdown that is a lot more informative. Also, if you go back sometime in the last ten pages someone posted a picture of the mechanism.

Edit: Thanks again to everyone in this thread, it makes me very happy. Bonus thanks to Dave and Tremek for being badasses.
Edit: here it is

Anuvin fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 11, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The lifting mechanism itself looks like a glorified (hand operated) parking brake to me. Except instead of yanking a handle up to pull a single cable to the block, you turn Dave's crank. Either way, it's pulling 4 cables on a block (instead of 2 like with a parking brake).

Are there any retaining clips to keep it up once up? Like on a car lift?

Alternatively, if the tracks are exposed, is there a way to wedge some wood into each rail to keep them from falling suddenly?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 11, 2017

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dave said his main problem with fixing the camper is he doesn't have any tools. He can't get to the mechanism.

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
It seems to be a ratchet that keeps it from slipping. Dave mentioned that he figured out how to lower it, although I haven't seen how to do that in the manual yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deteriorata posted:

Dave said his main problem with fixing the camper is he doesn't have any tools. He can't get to the mechanism.

Workin on that!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Workin on that!

Yeah, I know. I think Dave will get it all sorted out pretty quickly once he can get into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, I know. I think Dave will get it all sorted out pretty quickly once he can get into it.

I started digging through my spares, I have two so-so small kits I'm gonna send his way.

• Locked thread