Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Empress Brosephine posted:

Although using your super as catwoman is stupid it's better and more damage to meter rb into a combo

No I definitely agree, but I am otherwise bad and need that Super Finisher bonus to get gold on those Multiverse events that ask you to!

I watched a set of Poison Ivy vs Catwoman to study Ivy and it made me want to play Catwoman too. Also it was funny to see the Catwoman player get super salty about Ivy's wakeup command grab when that is literally her only wakeup attack and I still have not been able to successfully land it after hundreds of tries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fair enough. I'm bad too but like catwoman because you can meter burn back forward triangle then do back 3 jump 1 down forward 3 for a cool combo

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

hup posted:

Doesn't Bane's actually deal some good damage?

And it goes through a bunch of projectiles!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Also Power Girl and Reverse Flash Concept Art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/justinmurrayart/posts/10158635469630447

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

hup posted:

Doesn't Bane's actually deal some good damage?

Banes damage output is through the room now in this game, and that's before he even venoms up.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wow, NRS actually dialed back the T&A? Truly a bold new era.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Also Power Girl and Reverse Flash Concept Art

:eyepop:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

McSpanky posted:

Wow, NRS actually dialed back the T&A? Truly a bold new era.

They did in the last game. This is not some kind of new development.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

MrJacobs posted:

They did in the last game. This is not some kind of new development.

Yeah there's been a trend to dial down the sexy in NRS games since mkx. MK9 Mileena vs MKX Mileena is fairly drastic.

Tekken just came out though they don't care about that, titty physics and bikini's everywhere.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
NRS losing the battle of titty escalation. Gonna go learn me some Baiken.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Goddammit, concept art Peej had the one-shoulder cape, literally the most iconic part of the costume imo. Wish that was in the normal game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Beefstew posted:

Goddammit, concept art Peej had the one-shoulder cape , literally the most iconic part of the costume, imo. Wish that was in the normal game.
Hmmm
HMMMMMMM

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Peegee's costume has two iconic things and it ain't the cape

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Catwomans is lame and it saddens me :(

Hey now, it's a Matrix Reloaded homage in the year of our lord 2017. That's gotta count for something.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Calaveron posted:

Peegee's costume has two iconic things and it ain't the cape

No, it's the cape. Boob window I can take or leave. Cape is non-negotiable.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Beefstew posted:

No, it's the cape. Boob window I can take or leave. Cape is non-negotiable.

The cape is cool but ... lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I love Supergirl's clash callouts when she's up against the seriousface DC characters.

Atrocitus: I WILL DEVOUR YOUR SOUL!
SG: As if!

SG: You fight like a noob.
Cyborg: I don't even know what that means.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Who taught Supergirl to speak 90's American English??

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kahndaq's DVD library is a bit out of date.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

exquisite tea posted:

SG: You fight like a noob.
Cyborg: I don't even know what that means.

- robot man with brain constantly hooked up to internet

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

- robot man with brain constantly hooked up to internet

Cyborg's one consistent character trait is that he is the most boring character in whatever he's appearing in.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
Do you not get source crystals every profile level? Hit 65 and only got a gold MB.

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

ExCruceLeo posted:

Do you not get source crystals every profile level? Hit 65 and only got a gold MB.

Apparently you only earn source crystals through level 60 according to a reddit thread.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

Ruzaii posted:

Apparently you only earn source crystals through level 60 according to a reddit thread.

Ugh. So much for unlocking everything by playing.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

ExCruceLeo posted:

Ugh. So much for unlocking everything by playing.

From the outset they always listed source crystals as the premium resource. I was surprised they even doled out any at all. And you can unlock everything by playing other than the premium skins.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am getting better at fighting while the screen is upside down. The high ground one where the screen sways back and forth though, I need to take some dramamine or something before doing that

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am getting better at fighting while the screen is upside down. The high ground one where the screen sways back and forth though, I need to take some dramamine or something before doing that

I'm really glad I'm not the only one 100% crippled by that one. I can do upside down but yea, swaying kills me.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Is there a consensus on stats to emphasize for certain characters? I know gear doesn't matter on ranked but for us multiverse addicts it'd be cool to know what to roll for. I lucked out and got 3/5 of the knightbreaker set for Bane early on but now that he's 20 I'm unsure whether to be happy with his stats on rerolls.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I don't know if the stat spread matters all that much but I am beginning to think that for high level tower opponents the gear that gives a bonus against certain types (villains/superpowered/etc.) might actually be helpful

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nice to see that we're still having the issues of wiping out hours worth of levelling on characters. That's good poo poo.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

hup posted:

Is there a consensus on stats to emphasize for certain characters? I know gear doesn't matter on ranked but for us multiverse addicts it'd be cool to know what to roll for. I lucked out and got 3/5 of the knightbreaker set for Bane early on but now that he's 20 I'm unsure whether to be happy with his stats on rerolls.

All I've managed to figure is that Zoners prefer ability power and Rushdown characters prefer strength but the defense and health values don't make a big difference either way.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I've only just now got to a point where I've got full inventories and I'm looking at an hour plus of tedious selloffs and am not looking forward to the process in the slightest.

e: and of course because of the limited overflow thing I've got to do it on a timeline or any of the actual gameplaying potentially forfeits gear, making playing the game riskier before I manage my dumb inventory and sell for cash for the single slot machine that exists.

meta-encumbrance in a fighting game. Brilliant. Finally I can dress up Joker exactly like I want to, unless all my slots are filled with samey swamp thing arms.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jun 4, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is anybody else hoping they'll have a special event for the 20-year anniversary of this triumph of filmmaking?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Nipples on all the things!

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Is anybody else hoping they'll have a special event for the 20-year anniversary of this triumph of filmmaking?

That movie is awesome if you think of it as a modern adaptation of Adam West Batman.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I would support anything that led to more Poison Ivy gear, possibly some pants

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I would support anything that led to more Poison Ivy gear, possibly some pants

Solomon Grundy want pants too!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cheetah: "Heretic!"
Joker: "Thank you!"

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.

exquisite tea posted:

I'd kill for an Arnold premier skin for Captain Cold :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Prygelknabe posted:

I'd kill for an Arnold premier skin for Captain Cold :allears:

I want to hear all-business NRS Freeze go "Chill out, Bird Boy" in a clash :getin:

• Locked thread