Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
As an aside, please don't overuse the term "mentally ill" to refer to angry shitizens

I mean the mentally ill are not monsters

Shitizenism is more like a personality disorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Pff. Look at that visual (and especially lighting) design and those smooth animations. No fidelity at all. Just a bunch of detail and set dressing and lots of characters moving around. These people obviously do not know anything about game development. Also, what's with the unobtrusive and subtle UI? What hacks.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I don't play other games because they don't perfectly capture my lifelong dream of driving a space Greyhound bus

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Tippis posted:

Pff. Look at that visual (and especially lighting) design and those smooth animations. No fidelity at all. Just a bunch of detail and set dressing and lots of characters moving around. These people obviously do not know anything about game development. Also, what's with the unobtrusive and subtle UI? What hacks.

talking about npc....SC pre-alpha and even now in alpha is almost devoid of NPCs lol , we have a tutorial whose very scripted that it will not care what you do

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

EminusSleepus posted:

talking about npc....SC pre-alpha and even now in alpha is almost devoid of NPCs lol , we have a tutorial whose very scripted that it will not care what you do

Yeah. You'd think that in a simulated universe that has a 1:1,000 1:1,000,000 1:500 1:whateverchrissaidlasttime ratio of player to NPCs, they would have shown up more by now. I suppose they count as gameplay and are therefore sensibly developed last…

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

As an aside, please don't overuse the term "mentally ill" to refer to angry shitizens

Same.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
DSmart turning Karl into the next Ilovecreamsoda would make for some mighty good internet. :pray:

oh and Karl? Go gently caress yourself.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Holy poo poo seraph has made an entire subreddit, complete with threads only by himself, just to get us to notice him

Not gonna link because seraph

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i understand friend, and I do not use it lightly

matilda2013 i think actually fits the bill

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Oh man. The lengths I'd go to to have the opportunity to “accidentally” drop a section on Citizenism into the next printing of DSM. I'd probably even consider giving money to CIG.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Scruffpuff posted:

Dude this is your best work yet :)

At some point i'm gonna bring out the watercolours, motherfuckers be ducking on that day!

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tippis posted:

Oh man. The lengths I'd go to to have the opportunity to “accidentally” drop a section on Citizenism into the next printing of DSM. I'd probably even consider giving money to CIG.

i unironically think star citizen will provide material for decades of PhDs

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
STAR CITIZEN: A Dangerous Flight into the Shadowy World of a Game that does Not Exist.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo seraph has made an entire subreddit, complete with threads only by himself, just to get us to notice him

Not gonna link because seraph

Lol I guess he's run out of money for new accounts since bitcoin went down in flames.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41seqy/derek_smarts_guide_to_bullying_your_rivals_wife/cz57r64

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

now matilda is saying goons are responsible for the harassment of sandis kids

wtf is wrong with matilda?

this is the kinda mental gymnastics it takes for someone to throw thousands of dollars into a videogame that will never get ma... oh.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41seqy/derek_smarts_guide_to_bullying_your_rivals_wife/cz550km

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41seqy/derek_smarts_guide_to_bullying_your_rivals_wife/cz58m4i?context=3

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

On a different, but old note, I wonder how much it costs to license Serious Engine… I mean, Second Encounter seems to have better localised gravity, and SS2 better vehicle gameplay than what CIG has produced so far.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Today I learned we should all know that this dude named bandit (maybe it was banditloaf) is some cyberstalker dude known by some other name a while ago that stalked/harassed someone named Dodger and Totalbiscuit. He's also apparently one of Derek's Twitter buddies.

Therefore, in their minds, if you didn't know any of this you're complicit with cyberstalking.

I'm shocked and dismayed I did not know who this random person on the internet was and that they did those things to people I don't know of (Dodger) or really follow (Totalbiscuit). You should be too Goons.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
With all of the threats to the Roberts family and doxing that gets posted in this thread, it's weird that Reddit never screenshots any of it. Or links to it. At all. Ever.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Unfunny Poster posted:

Today I learned we should all know that this dude named bandit (maybe it was banditloaf) is some cyberstalker dude known by some other name a while ago that stalked/harassed someone named Dodger and Totalbiscuit. He's also apparently one of Derek's Twitter buddies.

Therefore, in their minds, if you didn't know any of this you're complicit with cyberstalking.

I'm shocked and dismayed I did not know who this random person on the internet was and that they did those things to people I don't know of (Dodger) or really follow (Totalbiscuit). You should be too Goons.

the idea that the goons are Derek Smart's shadow army is one of the funniest things about this whole waking nightmare of a game

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TTerrible posted:

With all of the threats to the Roberts family and doxing that gets posted in this thread, it's weird that Reddit never screenshots any of it. Or links to it. At all. Ever.

I was just cruising through that reddit thread (because I hate myself) and someone said FIVE people have been doxxed in our thread. Who are these mysterious people? What happened to them? Do their angry ghosts haunt the thread even now? :iiam:

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

fuctifino posted:

Nobody has contacted Chris and Sandi's kids. Aren't they like really young in any case?

My guess is this all stemmed from a time when someone linked a pre-kickstarter video that showed Sandi, Chris and the kids... or linked to her IMDB page that also had a pic the same. Then in Karl's insane mind, this has developed into "OMG THEY HARASSED AND STALKED THEIR KIDS".

Someone linked the IMDB page of Chris and Sandi's kid ( a public page that Sandi or Chris had to make and update with photos), on that page was a photo of Sandi holding the child. The child had Chris last name, and could be seen in the kickstarter video.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Gilganixon posted:

the idea that the goons are Derek Smart's shadow army is one of the funniest things about this whole waking nightmare of a game

You're obviously not seeing the private games section literally called 'Smart's Shadow Army', then. Do you have a platinum account? The password is You need a platinum account to view this content

Edit: loving IMDB, enabling stalking. This poo poo has to stop.

Look at this: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1667407/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

loving contact information. Why haven't the feds closed this poo poo down?

Hav fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 20, 2016

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Ahh no, go get some marmite, enjoy your cat and sit down for a nice game of star citizen :allears:

Once again, there's no Marmite around. Not to eat, and not to buy. And the only way I would maybe play is if the instances got bigger and we had a massive multicrew Goon ship I could sign up on for mayhem and giggles.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Is it just me or does Matilda2013 seem crazier than usual?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/41seqy/derek_smarts_guide_to_bullying_your_rivals_wife/cz59y0m

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Iglocska posted:

I am thick, who is that Del boy? :p

It's a nick name for the main character in a British comedy show called Only Fools and Horses. I'm assuming the OP meant Mr Smart though.

Mirificus posted:

Is it just me or does Matilda2013 seem crazier than usual?

I'm predicting a meltdown any day now.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Ashamed you're linked to a site that does hosed up things?" - Guy posting on Reddit, who ardently tried to keep the pedo subreddits running for several years despite legal threats.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Yeah, way way outside the normal realm of hatred today. Could just be a result of being caught out just flat recommending someone dox Derek's family.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

You're obviously not seeing the private games section literally called 'Smart's Shadow Army', then. Do you have a platinum account? The password is You need a platinum account to view this content

Edit: loving IMDB, enabling stalking. This poo poo has to stop.

Look at this: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1667407/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

loving contact information. Why haven't the feds closed this poo poo down?

Somewhat a little off topic but your link made me feel like an idiot. I use IMDB a few times a week when I see an actor and think "I know that guy from some other movie, but can't place a name" type of thing.

Guess I was taken off guard that ATV is now in IMDB lore. Unbelievable. Moments like these I feel so naive.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Unfunny Poster posted:

"Ashamed you're linked to a site that does hosed up things?" - Guy posting on Reddit who ardently tried to keep the pedo subreddits running for several years despite legal threats.

Excuse me fuckwit it's technically ephebophilia which is totally different and not the same at all and furthermore

:goonsay:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Anyone else noticing Del boy's sinister silence on this ................. something is afoot

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

Anyone else noticing Del boy's sinister silence on this ................. something is afoot

He's probably been sent to his bedroom as punishment and isn't allowed to use the computer, thanks to the emails Mrs Smart received.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think I'm at the point where I feel bad fro Matilda. I think it was those last posts, they just were so bad. If he was in Helldump he'd be mercilessly torn apart for those weak attacks.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sillybones posted:

I think the idea is your buy insurance in game with in game currency. (that you bought off the webstore for $$$)

Since you need ongoing financial drains to prevent inflation in such an economy.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Dear Auntie,

Please send me that delicious lasagna again. poo poo was delicious. Also, Uncle Derek is up to something nefarious on the internet again apparently. Please set Legal upon him.

*This message may be sponsored by Matilda2013*

Will visit soon,
Ricky Smart

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
PA-

-AARP

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Samizdata posted:

Since you need ongoing financial drains to prevent inflation in such an economy.

Fortunately Croberts saw this in advanced and hired an economist to handle the economy simulation.

I'll be curious if it is Keynesian or Austrian based.

I'm actually amazed he hasn't planned for different currencies in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

A new picture, feel free to do whatever you like with it as always.

I am seeing Ben as more of a Pizza The Hutt out of Spaceballs, what with the grease and dubious hygiene and all.

• Locked thread