Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

man, I'd be happy to hear Bryan review anything non-WWE at this point. I don't really want to echo Leonard Chikarson's sentiments but I really hate Bryan bitching about wrestling being lovely when so many awesome alternatives exist.
They're not awesome if you're not looking for that kind of wrestling product.

CaptainYesterday posted:

Is it kosher to pimp my own wrestling podcast?
I usually do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.

MassRayPer posted:

People literally pay money for him to bitch. If he didn't review wrestling he hated I never would have subscribed to F4W prior to the merger. It's cool when he and Vinny like stuff, but there's a reason the Adrenaline Flush exists and not the WRESTLING IS FUN-HOUSE.

As for three reviews, he has to review Raw with Dave and has tried to use this as an excuse to not review it with Vinny, but gently caress that I want Vinny to review major TV shows, not old poo poo. I assume the third review is Todd, but if you are listening to the Todd shows that is your own fault.

Oh god no I listen to zero Todd shows, been that way for over a year now. I do genuinely like Bryan hating on wrestling, that's totally the main reason I ended up paying for an account. Those TNA reviews have always been great. It's just not so much my entertainment but more the fact I feel like the guy wants to enjoy wrestling, but is forced into watching stuff he just doesn't care about. I'm probably wrong since he makes room to review Brooke Hogan movies instead of reviewing awesome indie wrestling, but I cannot complain about that at all. He delivers on material I didn't even know I wanted.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

Oh god no I listen to zero Todd shows, been that way for over a year now. I do genuinely like Bryan hating on wrestling, that's totally the main reason I ended up paying for an account. Those TNA reviews have always been great. It's just not so much my entertainment but more the fact I feel like the guy wants to enjoy wrestling, but is forced into watching stuff he just doesn't care about. I'm probably wrong since he makes room to review Brooke Hogan movies instead reviewing awesome indie wrestling, but I cannot complain about that at all. He delivers on material I didn't even know I wanted.

The second half was directed at Oatgan's post but I was too lazy to quote him or mention him or anything that might signify that I wasn't accusing you of listening to Todd shows. I need to be more careful where I brandish that particular sword.

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.

MassRayPer posted:

The second half was directed at Oatgan's post but I was too lazy to quote him or mention him or anything that might signify that I wasn't accusing you of listening to Todd shows. I need to be more careful where I brandish that particular sword.

well now I just feel like some dude who goes to F4W purely for Toddcasts and my life suddenly has no meaning

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm Todd Martin irl. Thank you for your patronage

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Todd shows rule, Capital T for life.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if you filter my posts in this thread, you'll find some interesting facts about todd martin

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yo where and when is that Wrestling thing in Seattle taking place? I'd like to go watch half naked guys hit each other

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I like hearing Vinny review Raw, but I could do without their Smackdown reviews. It seems like Vinny hates the show and considers it pointless, while Bryan hasn't yet watched it. 2 Headed Shark Attack review was great, and I wish they'd do more wacky reviews like that.

SNARF SNARF SNARF
Apr 23, 2012
i don't understand what you're talking about, but it makes me mad as hell! Listen to me, as I spout gibberish, and know that I. I am MAD. :mad:

The Shaman of Cum posted:

if you filter my posts in this thread, you'll find some interesting facts about todd martin

I can confirm this.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

man, I'd be happy to hear Bryan review anything non-WWE at this point. I don't really want to echo Leonard Chikarson's sentiments but I really hate Bryan bitching about wrestling being lovely when so many awesome alternatives exist.

Chikarason is a gigantic moron whose criticism of Bryan was that he's basically not allowed to feel burnt out with Final Battle, TLC, Raw, Smackdown, Main Event and Tribute to the Troops all happening in a span of four days. He questioned the man's love of wrestling because he thought 15 hours of wrestling (9 of which had no commercials) might be a little too much.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Chikarason is a gigantic moron

Just trimmed that down to the important part.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

I've read all your posts in this thread, but I'm still unsettled about a couple of issues. First: Does Todd Martin know a great deal about professional wrestling and are his opinions on the subject worth paying attention to? Second, is he a gentleman of considerable girth?

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 6, 2013

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Bryan loved the NJPW show, so the new Observer Radio is basically the "New Japan is awesome" show part 2.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

njsykora posted:

Bryan loved the NJPW show, so the new Observer Radio is basically the "New Japan is awesome" show part 2.

Seriously, how could you not love that show. Watching that 3-way I was just thinking to myself how unique is LowKi. Everything about the guy is his own. The way he does his moves, his facial expressions, even just how he moves around the ring. The fact that he was doing it in a suit was amazing.

Naito might be my favorite heel in the business as well. Although that other guy in the Sakuraba match was oozing heat as well.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave Day One: New Japan :gizz:

Day Two: New Japan :psyduck:

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
I listen to Capital T sometimes when I want to fall asleep. Usually does the trick well.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There was plenty of :gizz: on the day 2 show. I haven't listened to the Observer live show to get Sempervive's thoughts but I'm going to assume he's marching in line with everyone else.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I enjoyed hearing Bryan laughing in the background as Dave tried to explain what a "star" in wrestling is and why TNA hasn't created any. I could listen to him try to explain that for at least another 10 minutes.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tato posted:

I enjoyed hearing Bryan laughing in the background as Dave tried to explain what a "star" in wrestling is and why TNA hasn't created any. I could listen to him try to explain that for at least another 10 minutes.

Was it hard for Dave to explain because the subject matter was complicated, or because he is a sperg?

Devil Child
Nov 30, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CombineThresher posted:

Was it hard for Dave to explain because the subject matter was complicated, or because he is a sperg?

The subject is exceedingly simple, but like many simple subjects there's so much misinformation that it's even harder to explain than the average TNA gimmick match.

And he's a sperg. Fortunately one who uses his powers for good.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The prediction show was super optimistic about Cesaro this year. I don't think he'll end up as Smackdown champion so soon.

And somebody stole my prediction that Orton will get fired. :argh:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEzLl7TKO-M

It's old as hell but this is still one of the funniest goddamn things I've ever seen

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

CaptainYesterday posted:

Since it seems to be OK to pimp my wrestling podcast, http://www.curtainjerkers.com/ hosts the podcast I host, Saturday Night Curtain Jerkers. The guy who uploads episodes to the website is a bit of a flake, so here's the latest episode: http://archive.org/details/SaturdayNightCurtainJerkers1-5-13The2ndAnnualBenoitAwards

We also did commentary over the movie Foodfight!, because my God is the movie terrible. http://archive.org/details/SaturdayNightCurtainJerkers1-5-13OvertimeFoodfightCommentary

Where's your RSS feed?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEzLl7TKO-M

It's old as hell but this is still one of the funniest goddamn things I've ever seen

I knew that's what it would be as soon as I saw "Old as hell..."

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The Muffinlord posted:

Where's your RSS feed?

As I said, the guy who runs it is a bit of a flake. I've told him to put up an RSS feed, but he's lucky to get the episodes up within a week.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Bryan has never heard of the Book of Mormon and that is astonishing to me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Karmine posted:

Well, it's not pro wrestling, MMA or a bigfoot show.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Karmine posted:

The man has never heard of Hollandaise sauce. He doesn't live in a bubble so much as a bathysphere stranded at the bottom of the Mariara Trench

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Karmine posted:

"I'm going to see Art, Bryan, OK?"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He was so indignant about it too. "What the hell is the Book of Mormon?!?"

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

The man has never heard of Hollandaise sauce. He doesn't live in a bubble so much as a bathysphere stranded at the bottom of the Mariara Trench

You mean Holidays sauce?

ACS
Apr 30, 2009

Jack Krauser posted:

You mean Holidays sauce?

God bless Bryan Alvarez.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Jack Krauser posted:

You mean Holidays sauce?

When he ate it he thought it was cheese. I mean my God

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

When did this happen?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

this past Tuesday's Bryan and Vinny Show, I think. either that or last week's, my sense of time is terrible.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
It's this week's.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jack Krauser posted:

You mean Holidays sauce?

That's an accurate name in this case, because this is the gift that'll keep giving.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What did Dave do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

LordPants posted:

What did Dave do?

What do you mean?