Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

The 20% less damage part seems better than the evasion does, but hey, at least evasion builds have a decent tanky option now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I recently played this game again after having not touched it in a while and to be honest I didn't really like a lot of the changes. The subclasses seem cool and fun but I strongly disliked the Trials/Labyrinth. My personal issue with it is that I dislike the timing. The trials seem to be a minor inconvenience that end up just being a hassle while you're leveling and the Labyrinth... I can see people liking it, but to me it feels like a chore, sadly, and a huge break from the fun I'm having leveling my character.

I think I would have liked the Labyrinth as a rare endgame thing, for the really late endgame. The concept is amazing. It's a nice roguelike element, reminded me of Binding of Isaac a bit, and I got a fantastic Cube/Maze Runner vibe from it. I think I would have loved to see it as an event or race just as much as I like Descent and just as much as I'd hate having to do 10 levels of Descent every time I create a character in order to unlock Passive Tree points.

I didn't like the Perandus coins either. I liked it early on since hey, free stuff, and the encounters seemed fun but by the end the Perandus chests were just too frequent, too hard for my poorly geared character and my bad skills, and too tiresome to deal.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The next league has an end-game labyrinth that will supposedly take some farming in order to access.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

Is there a go-to hc viable fakener build?

Check out the Trickster that Zizaran hit 100 with in the PHC 2 week: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zizaran/characters (character is Zizaran). I've been running it in PSC and it's extremely tanky and powerful.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Elentor posted:

My personal issue with it is that I dislike the timing. The trials seem to be a minor inconvenience that end up just being a hassle while you're leveling

Those will be gone (mostly) after 2.3; you'll only have to run the trials once per league after that, so it'll be a one and done thing.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

regulargonzalez posted:

If that were 50% *more* evasion it'd be bis for many builds imo. 50% increased is still nice (assuming it's global) but not crazy strong or anything.

Someone from GGG said a while back that any conditional modifier must be global because of some technical restraint. So yeah, 50% increased evasion is nice, but it's not massive.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

soscannonballs posted:

The next league has an end-game labyrinth that will supposedly take some farming in order to access.

hype, kaom's sign is getting buffed to give %life regen/endurance charge

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Social Media posted:

Check out the Trickster that Zizaran hit 100 with in the PHC 2 week: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Zizaran/characters (character is Zizaran). I've been running it in PSC and it's extremely tanky and powerful.

Thanks!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm very pleased with the chaos conversion nerf. Too many OP as poo poo builds have been around abusing full chaos conversion. Now there's just your regular amount of broken things.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Phobophilia posted:

hype, kaom's sign is getting buffed to give %life regen/endurance charge

Haha yeah that's cool. I used double Kaom's Sign until like level 94 or 95, so a buffed one should be pretty nice for getting to maps.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
It's also quite possible to get a +1 endurance charge belt by buying a white one, and "alching" it with a lead-to-gold darkshrine in labyrinth.

Sharay
Apr 19, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

It's also quite possible to get a +1 endurance charge belt by buying a white one, and "alching" it with a lead-to-gold darkshrine in labyrinth.

Does the darkshrine effect differ somehow from an alch or is this just to save currency?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Sharay posted:

Does the darkshrine effect differ somehow from an alch or is this just to save currency?
The point is you can use it on a white corrupted belt with +1 charges.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Even 60% chaos for ice/chaos trapper seems still viable? Assuming they don't fuc with passives/Ice Trap damage.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

It does make the chaos damage nodes less attractive (ice/spell/area damage etc. are all still fine for a trappers), so the skill trees will probably be a bit different. I'm pretty fine with the chaos changes, it's much more of a "if you want to protect yourself from reflect and ignore enemy resistances, go chaos" rather than a "if you want to do the most damage your build can possibly do AND ignore most map mods, go chaos"

Speaking of Trappers, since a stibnite flask creates a smoke cloud ground effect, does a Sabateur's Born in the Shadows affect it, or only the blind from Blinding Assault?

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
I'd like to ask the thread's advice on something I'm not sure of. For a Molten Strike build like this one with Avatar of Fire, Elemental Overload, and regen stacking, what would provide better overall defenses?

1. Taking Mind over Matter and reserving no mana.
2. Taking Iron Reflexes and running Grace + Determination.

The latter seems really strong with having 272% armor from the tree already, but it doesn't do anything for elemental damage, while Mind over Matter does.

Xequecal fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 23, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

For ice trapper I doubt it matters much, it just makes your nodes somewhat less efficient, since you can't be reflected regardless I barely take any chaos nodes anyway though, so it's not a big deal. The real question is if they nerf Pyre or Ice Trap base damage (I'm guessing they'll do the second).

Mince Pieface fucked around with this message at 19:31 on May 23, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

The point is you can use it on a white corrupted belt with +1 charges.

I did this a few times this league, vaaled a few jewelery boxes, find a white amulet with +1 curse or belt with end charge, or anything really strong like that. Then wait for a lab to show up with lead into gold. Nothing amazingly well rolled yet.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
What about the new weapon that makes magic items drop identified? Does that affect vaaling strongboxes?

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

gonadic io posted:

What about the new weapon that makes magic items drop identified? Does that affect vaaling strongboxes?

When you vaal a strongbox it also identifies everything anyway, so no.

regulargonzalez posted:

If that were 50% *more* evasion it'd be bis for many builds imo. 50% increased is still nice (assuming it's global) but not crazy strong or anything.

Given how many evasion nodes the average ev/acro build takes, 50% increased is nearly the same as 50% more lol.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

Powercreep is not a positive thing. 2.2 was completely ridiculous and they need to do a lot of work to rebalance the game .

can you just uninstall and stop posting/playing forever, thanks

sincerely,

everyone

NecroMonster posted:

Everyone who thinks an arpg should be slow or incredibly difficult has their head on wrong.

this guy's got it

panda clue fucked around with this message at 20:16 on May 23, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

Everyone who thinks an arpg should be slow or incredibly difficult has their head on wrong.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
everyone remember that 'TheRat' was the one who bitched incessantly about how those filthy casuals were 'getting items they should never be able to get' in perandus league, and then quit because of the same reason. lmao.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

panda clue posted:

everyone remember that 'TheRat' was the one who bitched incessantly about how those filthy casuals were 'getting items they should never be able to get' in perandus league, and then quit because of the same reason. lmao.

:vince:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

..what?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

what part of that was confusing for you

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

panda clue posted:

what part of that was confusing for you

Mostly the part where you made up all of it.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

TheRat posted:

irc never lies

panda clue
May 23, 2014

TheRat posted:

uhhh... lol. pretty much anyone in the guild with you, on these boards, or who has ever been in IRC for more than 5 minutes has heard you bitching about 'power creep' and how the game is ruined because items are 'worthless' now. you aren't going to fool anyone by saying "nuh uh".

im not capable of making up the kind of poo poo you pull out of your rear end

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Uhhh... :suspense:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I agree. Me complaining about certain elements of the game is equivilant to me saying the game is ruined. Good call. I have no idea where your fantasies about "filthy casuals" or me quitting are from. Neither of them have any root in reality.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol good poo poo guys

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

panda clue posted:

nobody cares you big ol bitch

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

perandus league was good, i mean, i never got a single good item of any value off of cadiro myself, but boy howdy did this tank the price of some items i need for builds on standard

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm okay with whatever continues to make the game refreshing and fun. 4 years or whatever since CB, so far so good.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Vasudus posted:

I'm okay with whatever continues to make the game refreshing and fun. 4 years or whatever since CB, so far so good.

some people don't have fun unless they are doing things that they know most others cannot do. but yes, I agree with you.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

NecroMonster posted:

perandus league was good, i mean, i never got a single good item of any value off of cadiro myself, but boy howdy did this tank the price of some items i need for builds on standard

Not gonna miss my card melting on perandus packs.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I've found Rodent to be a helpful and friendly person whom I've always been happy to have in guild chat for many leagues now. Not really sure where the animosity is coming from...

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Artificial Idiocy posted:

I've found Rodent to be a helpful and friendly person whom I've always been happy to have in guild chat for many leagues now. Not really sure where the animosity is coming from...

try telling him hes wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

panda clue posted:

try telling him hes wrong

im glad you're here to be autistic enough for all of us so this games thread doesn't look out of the ordinary

• Locked thread