Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Just got back hiking a bunch of canyons with my son.

Felt good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
motorcycles are a great way to permanently escape ever having to deal with your family again, definitely dad as gently caress

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

ElMaligno posted:

imo motorcycles are also dad as gently caress

german bikes are more in the weird uncle or grandpa territory though...

:negative:

Why does your windshield have its own smaller windshield 🤔

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Why does your windshield have its own smaller windshield 🤔

So you can adjust wind deflection.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Your gf sounds cool as gently caress

she's pretty rad, one day maybe she'll let me drive it

it's at her parents' house in a garage during her deployment so I can't sneak a few drives :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Trying to talk my wife into getting a manual Focus hatchback.
Probably not going to work out.

Would be dope if we got that turbo one Europe got years ago. That thing looked slick

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Didn't

Do

A

drat

Thing

On

Vacation

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the same twisted sicko designed both the pt cruiser and the hhr

my little brother drives an old infiniti i30, basically an upscale maxima. glass on one of the headlights is cracked, so i figured no big, headlight assemblies usually run 100-200 bucks. not for the i30. they cost around 1 grand :catstare:

I think I priced one (I still drive one) from O'Reilly for about what you thought first time. I love that old car.

he bought it like that. i think he paid 3500? either way we said gently caress it, just taped it up and sourced some cheap hids from amazon. hed have to burn thru like 100 bulbs before theyd cost the equivalent of a replacement assembly v:shobon:v

Yeah, eBay like Slim says, or hell, the local Pull-a-Part junkyard. Those same era Maxima parts should fit.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mr. Mambold posted:

I think I priced one (I still drive one) from O'Reilly for about what you thought first time. I love that old car.

Yeah, eBay like Slim says, or hell, the local Pull-a-Part junkyard. Those same era Maxima parts should fit.

now that i think about it, its actually an i35 and its got the xenon bulbs. we tried the junkyard, they had one i35 and both the headlight assemblies were missing. maxima headlights are a no go. theres actually 2 different light styles for that same model year, and his are the much rarer type

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

now that i think about it, its actually an i35 and its got the xenon bulbs. we tried the junkyard, they had one i35 and both the headlight assemblies were missing. maxima headlights are a no go. theres actually 2 different light styles for that same model year, and his are the much rarer type

Yo- this is for the passenger side. eBay's your friend, except when it isn't.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-I35-headlight-assembly-2002-2004-/162460329918?hash=item25d363e7be:g:P5gAAOSwtfhYn-qJ&vxp=mtr

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Woof Blitzer posted:

Didn't

Do

A

drat

Thing

On

Vacation

Good poo poo imo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wzzC-6T0Mk

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There was a very limited time period in the late 80s or thereabouts where Saabs were actually decent

I sort of wanted a Saabaru WRX for a second there

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vztv6LLifMk

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
just mowed the lawn for the first time this year and used the mower that came with the house. it's a self propelled honda and I feel like it was harder than the regular push mowers I've used before. any suggestions for the daddest push mower? riding isn't an option since the back yard and side yard have hills and I will be pissed as gently caress if a mower kills me and I don't get to see the nuclear apocalypse

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Toro personal pace

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Toro-Rec...20334/100659631

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
B&S motor? gently caress that thing. Their poo poo is trash.

Finally got the fuel pump sorted on the Corvette, I think. I wanted to start it up for the first time since fall and A-make sure the leak is resolved, and B-move it out of the garage so I can remove the Jeep's hardtop. In the event that my hoist fails, I reeeeeeally don't want the top falling and hitting the Vette. Then I can pull the Vette in more to one side so I can easily access the entire front suspension and replace the 51-year old bushings and balljoints, and give the control arms a nice wire-wheeling and coat of paint. Naturally, the battery is dead. :rolleyes: I'm pretty bad about using the battery tender as a preventative tool.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Dude I love my craftsman mower. It has a honda motor, starts first pull every time. The self drive is just a belt to the front wheels, so it's not over engineered.

Go find an Ace or a TruValue and take a look at their mower selections, get one without a B&S.

Lowes and HD are just going to sell the same rebranded trash. Deere, Toro, Husqvarna, and whatever else are going to be the same mower with different paint jobs.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I really want the Fiesta ST because I am the worst and I love the 2011 Fiesta I have now

My gf has a Focus RS and it is cool as gently caress

A friend of mine has a Focus RS..

She loves the thing.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
A machinist friend of mine was telling me about Briggs and Stratton. He said they got this nasty habit of running tooling, molds, dies right until their very last breath and then a little more. So you get a a run of them that are solid gold, a run that are about average, and a run that are just pure garbage depending on what combination you get in your mower.

This makes my dad very mad as when he was a kid Briggs and Stratton was the duck's nuts for racing gokarts, but my dad is almost 80 so there you go.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

A friend of mine has a Focus RS..

She loves the thing.

She let me drive it down her dad's driveway and in a parking lot around our house so I can't attest to how fun it is to drive. Riding in it is baller in and of itself.

bengy81 posted:

Dude I love my craftsman mower. It has a honda motor, starts first pull every time. The self drive is just a belt to the front wheels, so it's not over engineered.

Go find an Ace or a TruValue and take a look at their mower selections, get one without a B&S.

Lowes and HD are just going to sell the same rebranded trash. Deere, Toro, Husqvarna, and whatever else are going to be the same mower with different paint jobs.

There's an ACE right by me, I peeped their mowers real quick when I was there but my knowledge of mowers is "pull string cut grass put oil and gas in it sometimes" so I'll look harder next time I'm there

FIDEL CASHFLOW fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 9, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

FYI Windows 10 creator update is manually available

Go to check for updates and you should see an option with a link to click to get the windows 10 update assistant

Think I read it officially rolls out the 11th

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if you buy a push lawnmower do yourself a favor and get one with a honda engine

i returned 4 lawnmowers when i first got here and finally found one i like

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-21-in-3-in-1-Variable-Speed-Gas-Self-Propelled-Mower-with-Blade-Stop-HRR216K9VYA/203709697

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I never had trouble with my old Husqvarna, but I think that had a Kohler on it. Doesn't matter that much, as long as you change to oil yearly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I never had trouble with my old Husqvarna, but I think that had a Kohler on it. Doesn't matter that much, as long as you change to oil yearly.

i bought one that died one me after 2 mows, gently caress that bullshit euro crap.

i do an acre and a half push because my ground is way too soft to handle a ride on and also to get sikk calves. i demand a push mower worthy of my land.

honda does one thing very well imo: small engines that never die.

im a honda man in my yard as well as a proud american

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Acre and a half is a lot to push, your calves must crush walnuts in your sleep.

I only ever had about a quarter acre to push with the Husqy, and a solid third of that was house footprint and aggregate pads, because Memphis doesn't like concrete. I always used a rider when I was a kid and mowing 15-20 acres a week around the farm properties.

I'd invest the money on a Honda also, with that much to mow. Totally get why you bought it.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i bought one that died one me after 2 mows, gently caress that bullshit euro crap.

i do an acre and a half push because my ground is way too soft to handle a ride on and also to get sikk calves. i demand a push mower worthy of my land.

honda does one thing very well imo: small engines that never die.

im a honda man in my yard as well as a proud american

poo poo dude, I have like a tenth of an acre of yard to cover and that is annoying enough with a push

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

900s are one of the few cars that looked good as a cab.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
My brother's first car was a 900s Turbo. Fantastic car. My cousin ended up killing it by breaking the rear axle in half by hitting a curb while high, and we were all furious. That car deserved a better death than that.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I used to own a 2000 9-3 hatch with a 5-speed. I know, lovely GM era, but I still enjoyed the way it looked and drove.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Bought a new office chair since my back is broken.

Getting old sucks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3QuBMGdCGo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TBeats posted:

Bought a new office chair since my back is broken.

Getting old sucks.

You get one those baller Herman Miller chairs?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

cowboy elvis posted:

You get one those baller Herman Miller chairs?

We've got a couple, or 3 each one is a shaggy dog story. Craigslist good

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
those are way too expensive for my budget :(

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
two of my zucchini plants started blowing up so I moved them to pots while I figure out how I'm going to divvy up the back yard for planting

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Synchronized happy flappy tails

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm taking apart some old laptops and am thinking of making the lcds into stand alone monitors with a raspberry pi hooked up to stream poo poo. apparently you can set them up to do the mirror thing off of an Iphone, which would be fine because my wife uses iphone and would be the main user of it anyway, just for like a kitchen tv while cooking and poo poo. Crazy project or not? It doesn't seem too crazy but I don't know, I've never done anything like it.

edit: or I could just get a roku, you don't have to subscribe to anything for that right? you can just log into your normal stuff?

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Correct on the roku. I've never hosed with a laptop monitor, that's an interesting idea.

• Locked thread