Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Monk Brotha

Just picked up the final piece I needed for sunwuko wave of light.

It's hilarious... Dropping atomic gongs on offscreen enemies and never stopping for any reason

I smashed a gr70 in 3 minutes but just noticed that I didn't get Monkey King checked off in the "get to grift 55 solo with 6 different sets" Conquest. Did I have to do a 55 precisely?

SWK is broken for that conquest because they reworked the set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
Recently got back into a regular non-season character from years ago, leveled up a Barb to 700+ paragon with full sets for WW and HotA. I'm basically just using icy veins' guide, whilst borrowing a few ideas from d3fans.

Currently I'm hitting a wall at GR89 with the HotA Barb, despite having almost all ancient/optimized gear. Aside from gemming all my ancient gear and getting higher paragons, should I be considering moving on to a raekor/IK HotA type build?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Wow, this was the easiest challenge rift ever. Frozen orb wizard with zero set items. First try beat it with a 2 minute margin.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

Kodo posted:

Recently got back into a regular non-season character from years ago, leveled up a Barb to 700+ paragon with full sets for WW and HotA. I'm basically just using icy veins' guide, whilst borrowing a few ideas from d3fans.

Currently I'm hitting a wall at GR89 with the HotA Barb, despite having almost all ancient/optimized gear. Aside from gemming all my ancient gear and getting higher paragons, should I be considering moving on to a raekor/IK HotA type build?

Gemming and MOAR paragon mainstat. I can't see the leaderboards at work but I'm pretty sure its a good bit more than 1000 maybe even 1200-1300 paragon to even think about pushing into the 100s solo.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Point of reference, I did GR100 solo for the first time in the low 1100s, high 1000s. Can't remember where exactly. And that was with suboptimal gear, no augment higher than 83 and my legendary gems in the low 90s. If you were laser focused on hitting GR100 then you could pull it off around 850-1000 depending on gear/spec/luck.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

Sounds good, I'll just chip away at the grind until I get those higher paragons. A good time to catch up on some podcasts

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Is the Get 6 gems to lv40 bugged? I'd swear I've gotten taeguk, Stricken, trapped, simplicity, zei, and gogok well above 40.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
It only triggers if the game can see all 6 gems in your inventory at once after successfully upgrading one after a gr, so if you have them across multiple characters it won't work.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Gonna be a hardcore wizard for the Spooky Season

Vakal
May 11, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Monk Brotha

Just picked up the final piece I needed for sunwuko wave of light.

It's hilarious... Dropping atomic gongs on offscreen enemies and never stopping for any reason

I smashed a gr70 in 3 minutes but just noticed that I didn't get Monkey King checked off in the "get to grift 55 solo with 6 different sets" Conquest. Did I have to do a 55 precisely?

Sunwuko Wave of Light monk kind of ruined this season for me as it was first complete set I put together and since it shits out so much damage with so little input required from the player, all the other characters I built afterwards just felt weak by comparison.

I was hoping the next season would buff some of the other sets, but so far it doesn't look like they are changing anything.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Console Hardcore is a tiny population. I think I'm about #75 on the leaderboards with a gr80 clear.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Console Hardcore is a tiny population. I think I'm about #75 on the leaderboards with a gr80 clear.

You can get there, you're so close.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You can get there, you're so close.

No joke, if I clear an 81 in 4'20 I'll be #69

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm running a Witch Doctor on HC because I've had no luck with the conquest communities in clearing out that last one so I'm gonna go for hc clear of 45 without sets or just leveling gems to 65. Having to get a set the hard way is taking a while but I got 3/6 of the Haunt/Soul Harvest set and a ring of grandeur right now so I think I can get there.

It's wild how having 3 haunts (with the big damage boost on the 4/6 of the set) and 10 stacks of Harvest upped how far I could push, but it's still kind of grindy and laborious. My main seasonal guy was a Hammer barb so the attacks not going bambambambambambam takes a while to get used to.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It does indeed take a while. I got my Monk from 1 to 70 solo, no paragon points, and had to gradually grind out 5+RoRG set pieces before it really took off.

I was home with a cold though so it was Something to Do.

Really makes you appreciate the season Haedrig Gift though.

Also the Challenge RIft cache is a lifesaver.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I have 5 pieces of the Jade Harvester Set, which with ring of Royal Grandeur brings me to the full set bonus. I'm also running 4/6 of the Fetish Army set the same way. The damage from the fetish army doesn't seem that impressive but the extra damage mitigation is pretty nice.

I don't really have a good idea for a meaningful rotation and gearing goal though. The Haunt/Soul Harvest thing and the items that give you 10 stacks and damage mitigation for having lots of stacks seem self evident but past there I'm out of ideas. Icy Veins proposes a build that honestly seems like more trouble than it's worth. The rotation seems extremely gimmicky, trying to set off the combo inside a Pirahnado at the same time as the appropriate Convention of Elements buff. I feel like there has to be a better way.

Right now I'm mostly running around applying haunt and opportunistically seeking groups where I can wipe out a big chunk with the Soul Harvest set bonus and the rest of my inputs are pets and the Spirit Walk because I don't have anything better to do. Any thoughts?

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

I'm so new to this so take what I say with a grain of salt. Those icy veins builds are generally for pushing GRs, which is where things like timing CoE becomes important. For general farming you want something you can run on autopilot. Icy veins has a speed farming variation on your build, it might be worth checking that out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Unless you're pushing super high GRs and your build revolves around some kind of cooldown-based meganuke, you'll get more out of CoE just spamming stuff like usual instead of trying to line everything up. Even if you completely ignore the proc and use only one element, it's still a 50% damage increase (66.6% if you're a Necro! :twisted:).

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 3, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Coe is loving stupid and turns me off on the game. And I have an ancient one that's equivalent to a loving primal

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People say this but I really don't see why. You can totally ignore CoE and it will still do its thing without your interference. It's not even mandatory for several builds anymore.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
Anyone playing non seasons? my tag is vrath#1663. P900 or so, doing GR 75ish with an innarius lazy build.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
As the #69 Hardcore Monk in console season 12, I can confirm that you don't even need to pay any attention to CoE timing.

Maybe it would let you get to a better rank

But why would you want it to

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

#69 Hardcore Monk

Don't doxx my Grindr name

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I wish amulets had their own slot in the cube.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was thinking how a blitz/gauntlet mode would be a cool addition for the new season. Basically just surviving an increasingly difficult wave of enemies and getting better XP and drops as time built up.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

sector_corrector posted:

I was thinking how a blitz/gauntlet mode would be a cool addition for the new season. Basically just surviving an increasingly difficult wave of enemies and getting better XP and drops as time built up.

This isn’t different enough from how GRs already work for them to implement it, but I’ve heard chatter about a boss rush survival mode like Super-Ubers and that would be fun.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

sector_corrector posted:

I would like this. Just an ultra-dense GR with a clean, linear level design where you are swarmed the entire time. I think it would be different enough from the current GR experience to justify.

Alternatively just significantly up the average density on rifts and GRs, especially the new Necro tileset rifts that feel almost empty.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Uh Da Share Zone tileset is the best

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

cool startup feel posted:

I would like this. Just an ultra-dense GR with a clean, linear level design where you are swarmed the entire time. I think it would be different enough from the current GR experience to justify.

Alternatively just significantly up the average density on rifts and GRs, especially the new Necro tileset rifts that feel almost empty.

Make all grifts battlefields or festering woods and triple the density. TIA.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Get on my level

The Devil's Level

Nothing says Hardcore Monk like 666'ing your way to #69 in 5:55:566

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bust Rodd posted:

This isn’t different enough from how GRs already work for them to implement it, but I’ve heard chatter about a boss rush survival mode like Super-Ubers and that would be fun.

They had a play test of this at this years? last years? blizzcon I believe. No plans to release it apparently.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Get on my level

The Devil's Level

Nothing says Hardcore Monk like 666'ing your way to #69 in 5:55:566

Try me.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

Am I missing something here? 0.3% increase toughness?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Kodo posted:

Am I missing something here? 0.3% increase toughness?

It has 70 more armor, which I guess just barely balances out the str/vit being slightly worse.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
OK so I get this game is all about 'lol everything is RNG' but please tighten up the difference between GR maps. Fishing for rifts sucks and the difficulty among elite packs is too much. While you're at it, add T14-16 that guarantees 5 key drops, make potions and gems no longer take space in inventory, add a button to shard all legendaries like you can for magic and rare, make bane of the powerful proc when you kill a yellow without having to kill all of a its minions, and have pets pick up crafting mats and gems. Make it cost paragon points or something.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Being able to set my pet to grab all loot over a certain quality threshold and also grab mats would be awesome.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Don’t forget auto-casting abilities.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Hexenritter posted:

Being able to set my pet to grab all loot over a certain quality threshold and also grab mats would be awesome.

But white drops are the best loot in the game because they breakdown to x15 mats and then you just convert to what you need.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

RIP hardcore witch doctor. You hit a wall on damage output but were nigh invulnerable, so I kept pushing you forward. Then you got one-shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Nehru the Damaja posted:

RIP hardcore witch doctor. You hit a wall on damage output but were nigh invulnerable, so I kept pushing you forward. Then you got one-shot.

Condolences, my friend. His Legend will live on in our hearts.

What build were you playing? Will witchdoctor II be the same or try something new?