Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

gently caress middle school. Absolute worst part of childhood, at least for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Calling it now: One gets past the goalie.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Murdstone posted:

Did you get my PM?

Yeah, I only saw it this morning. Feel free to go ahead and post the comics.

quote:

Rex Morgan MD

Oh come on. There is no way "Count Crushinski" is anything other than a heel name.

Pogo 8/10/52

Archie 12/5-7/49

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 5/2-4/77

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

My god, they're drinking gasoline!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

It's OK, it's brake fluid

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I really like Archie. Thank you for posting it Johnny Arrrse.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
For Luann, the idea of "parents will never be ready for kids!" does that poo poo still hold when both parents are loving firefighters? I mean of course Toni will learn to love staying home (I can see those comics now) and TJ can totally be a manny but no, gently caress that poo poo idea. You SHOULD be prepared and have the pregnancy/kid talk when you're going to be with someone.

My friend tried for years to have a kid, and was ready, as far as she knew. What she didn't count on was her spouse being mostly hands off, her kid having autism, and then her spouse insisting they push the kid to do better in math instead of social skills because "no four year old needs social skills lol." she also didn't count on her in-laws dropping the free care they insisted on helping with, because the kiddo was diagnosed with autism (which MIL believed was just the toddler being "a willful brat").

But this is Luann. The baby (or babies) will have no health issues, it will make their marriage better, babies solve everything especially when you're not ready for them!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 17-21, 2005)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Green Intern posted:

My god, they're drinking gasoline!

Snortin' whiskey and drinking gasoline

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

TampaTango posted:

Calling it now: One gets past the goalie.

I'm gonna call something else, in the long term:

They end up adopting a child instead; that way the Evanses' don't have to invoke that icky grown-up hugging more than they already do.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Luann 2025: Rise of Shannon

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (May 18-20, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (May 19, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (August 3-5, 1922)

Green Intern posted:

The powerful Katrinka!

You rang?

(spoiler for the Terrible Tempered Mr. Bang vs The Usual Reasons)

Dok's Dippy Freighter Meeting A Landmine (February 24, 1915)

The SS Evelyn was a cargo steamer sunk by mines in the North Sea, one reported death. They can't all be the Lusitania, y'know.

Just in time for the holiday season, Little Lefty does another racketeering story. (December 21-23, 1939)

Really appreciate that del's keeping Marmaduke in the loop, and after so many weeks of "Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo", it's a relief that they taught him another song.

(Kuhn & Loeb, by the way.)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 24, 2024

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Brad and Toni were both moved by the heroics of the first responders on that dark day that the Twin Towers fell and right away joined their local fire academy, where they first met. What I'm saying is, if they do want to have kids they should probably get a move on.

But having kids is a thing that both parents should opt-in on and Toni has been clear since they first discussed children after getting home from their honeymoon that having kids would mess up her career and she loves being a firefighter.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

Caption It!

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Julet Esqu posted:

Brad and Toni were both moved by the heroics of the first responders on that dark day that the Twin Towers fell and right away joined their local fire academy, where they first met. What I'm saying is, if they do want to have kids they should probably get a move on.

But having kids is a thing that both parents should opt-in on and Toni has been clear since they first discussed children after getting home from their honeymoon that having kids would mess up her career and she loves being a firefighter.
You're right, America needs another national event like 9/11 to motivate them to finally have kids.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Drimble Wedge posted:

"Caption It!" is a new cartoon caption contest that runs every week in this space. Are you creative? Do you have a weird sense of humor? Then send us a submission along with your name and town!
Email entries to captionitcartoon@gmail.com or go to @caption_it_cartoon on Instagram to comment/like.
Remember to keep captions brief and clean. Good luck!

I'm not sure if I can be bothered to send an email, but how about "I'm looking for a semi-autonomous relationship".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I really like Archie. Thank you for posting it Johnny Arrrse.

I want to ditto this. I'm a lifelong Archie fan - my dad's coworker would give him Archie digests to give to me when I was young, so it was some of the earliest reading I did. I still read it on occasion today. The strip is real good

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(September 24, 1910)

Baron Bean(March 25, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(February 22, 1913)

quote:

Caladonia N.Y.
Feb. 17. 1913

Dear Susie:- Me and Isaiah has decided to send Delicia for a visit. She needs a hull lot of new things
for her graduation and I thought you and Polly could help her selek something sootible. She aint
never seen her Uncle Sam and she can't remember you and Polly but she hain't talked nuthing but
New York ever since we got your letter. She'l git there sometine in the afternoon Wednesday (19th.)
so be sure Sam meets her at the deepo.
Your loving sister
Emily

P.S. She's uster hard work and Isaiah says don't let her get soft. Emily.

P.S. Isaiah says tell Sam, why don't he write? Emily.

So I hear this thread loves Eye dialect.

Also, Us Boys crossover!

Gasoline Alley(Niovember 15, 1919)

Us Boys(March 23, 1912)

This strip has had some odd nicknames, but 'The Coffee Cooler' takes the cake.

The Gumps(April 21, 1917)

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (April 21, 2002)

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Zippy The Pinhead

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Giant Ethicist posted:

We Are Reproducing

I love this comic.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 5/16/43

This is basically the plot of Jessica Jones.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze is spoiler'd due to bereavement arc.

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
By christ that first panel of Macanudo is terrifying.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Arlo and Janis

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

Let's all pretend I managed to find a way to effectively convey "sycophant"/"toady" in silhouette form and photoshopped it as Dethany (From On the Fastrack!)'s shadow in that last panel.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Guest artist Brooke McEldowney.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
The escalating madness in Corto is delightful. Also I'd venture the author has a clear type in their taste in ladies. :haw: Ambiguity is great.

:3: Oh boy, a classic Western story of a town in a villain's vice grip in Blueberry. LMAO at Marlowe's expertise today.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts, wearing the 70s on its sleeve. (March 27, 1977)

Crankshaft

Popeye

Thimble Theater (October 27, 1940)

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

(4/27/1994)

(4/28/1994)

Ziggy

(10/19/1971)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

THORN, April 5-10, 1984

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

:fireman:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/23/04

Brenda Starr 11/17-19/52

A "butter and egg man" was someone who spent lots of money in nightclubs; the phrase was supposedly coined by the legendary club owner Texas Guinan.

Smokey Stover 7/10/60

Everyday Movies 5/14/37

"Wouldja throw it out, if you was me?"

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 5/17-19/43

Closer Than We Think! 7/10/60

Looks reminiscent of Starship Troopers.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Guest artist Brooke McEldowney

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

*Extremely Khan voice* Buried alive. Buried aliiiive.

Flash Gordon

Pickings were a little slim this week for a Sunday viewpoint character. I was half expecting to get the POV of the giant whatever-it-is out there.

FoxTrot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Haifisch posted:

1981 comics

Random Selleck, why not