Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Why do old school RPGs always come up with the stupidest names for towns?
Banff? No one woul believe that anyone called anything that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Air is lava! posted:

Why do old school RPGs always come up with the stupidest names for towns?
Banff? No one woul believe that anyone called anything that way.

Banff isn't even a Canadian place name. It's named after Banff, Scotland.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

As someone familiar with winnipeg I'm astounded they managed to capture its layout so perfectly

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Blind Sally posted:

Banff isn't even a Canadian place name. It's named after Banff, Scotland.

Blame Canada Scotland.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

death .cab for qt posted:

As someone familiar with winnipeg I'm astounded they managed to capture its layout so perfectly

The Earl of Winnipeg is my neighbour, very nice man.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Little cosmetic note.

Crossing the dock gives both you and your companion a boat sprite. It's mostly the same sprite, but Cartman has a unique "fat boat" sprite.*

*at least I think it's unique to him.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

The second tune only shows up after you've finished all the main story quests in Canada.

I really like the chiptune version of O Canada. It sounds like it could easily have been the town theme from an NES RPG.

edit:

Regarding the second tune...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjoNucs20Vw

:staredog: Robin Williams was a national treasure.

The South Park movie was so great. I wish there more songs from it in the game. I still pretty much know all the songs by heart, watched it so much as a kid.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

mauman posted:

Little cosmetic note.

Crossing the dock gives both you and your companion a boat sprite. It's mostly the same sprite, but Cartman has a unique "fat boat" sprite.*

*at least I think it's unique to him.

It has a little KKK flag too, in my recollection.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Hello everyone. Today we're repeatedly crossing more than half the length of Canada.

We rejoin our heroes, for instance, just about to pass Winnipeg on their way to Banff.

See the thing in the middle of the road in front of us? No?

This is a snake. They're kind of dangerous enemies, as they're the only enemies in the game capable of inflicting a status effect that persists after battles.

If you mess up blocking their attacks, then you're going to get inflicted with something called "Dire AIDS." Our companions all have messages of condolences if we get infected.

: Dude, you got Dire AIDS! Weak!
: Oh, you got Dire AIDS. Weak.
: Dude, you got Dire AIDS.
: (Oh no, you have dire AIDS!)
: Aw man, you got Dire AIDS!
: I will hold my next comedy benefit to support your finding a cure for your Dire AIDS.

In terms of combat, Dire AIDS just means you're going to lose some HP every turn. Think of it like a poison condition that you can't cure on your own. At level 15 you lose something like 400 HP per turn, which isn't very much at all.

Of course you just avoid the infection altogether by blocking the attacks and then setting the snakes on fire for good measure.

Shall we visit Banff?

: Have you been to Newfoundland? You won't find better sodomy in all of Canada.
: Crabs are tough, sure -- but if you ask me the deadliest catch is man.
: A magic fish granted me a wish once.

The shop has some fairly nice items for sale.

The only weapon for sale is pretty strong and suits the berserker play style of the Jew class perfectly.

This was the last set of armor I needed the first time I played the game. 450 additional HP, automatic defense up, and automatic rebirth, on top of all healing effects healing you for an additional 200? It's beautiful.

Remember many many updates back when I showed off how to snap the game's difficulty in two, by using fire and healing effects? This is the ultimate expression of that, allowing you to win any future boss fights by just spamming the poo poo out of Dragon's Breath and Pyre Ball.

We will not be taking that road. I've committed to the battle mage play style, and a shitload of armor is going to serve us well in the future.

These patches even further help you survive.

: Banff Canadians are quite religious.

: Praise Christ. Praise God. Praise God and Christ.
: The Prince thinks Canada is a Monarchy! But there's other people with opinions, by God! Sorry, God.

: (if you fart) Ah! A Canadian Hail Mary.
: (if hit him/fart on him) WHAT'S THIS?! WHO THE gently caress HITS A BISHOP?!

Video:

: (starting fight) Assassin!
: (when hit) Love thy neighbor!
: (when hit) Remember the golden rule.
: (when hit) He knows not what he does.
: (when hit) I shall turn the other cheek.

The Bishop of Banff is little more than a speed bump at this point in the game. His attacks aren't particularly dangerous, for starters.

However, he can annoyingly drag the fight out.

It's not as bad as Butters' full heal ability, but regaining nearly 11,000 health and wiping away all debuffs is pretty mean for a boss fight.

Cleanse the Wicked is probably his most dangerous attack, because it hits Stan for nearly a third of his max HP despite blocking it. He eventually falls like everyone else, though.

: Okay okay WHOA WHOA WHOA! Please, you don't have to kill me! I'll go away, the Prince will never know I'm alive.

: Please. Take these dire pig testicles, and tell the Prince they're mine.

So what do you guys think? Let's hold a vote. Bold your responses and... you know what? Never mind.

: Bless you, my son! It'll be our secret. Wow, good thing I saved these.

There is never any good reason why you should kill him. In fact, doing means you will permanently miss him as a Facebook buddy.

: Wow, those ARE some dire balls. I'm gonna let you keep holding those.
: A noble decision, Commander. I knew I was right to trust you.
: (sniffles) Poor dire pig...
: Aw, come on dude! We should take his balls anyway, so we have extra.
: Mphphphppmpmphm!
: Maybe those aren't dire pig testicles at all. Maybe they're fakes the pig gave the bishop.

Of course, there is dialogue for killing the Bishop...

: AGH! (he blinks out of existence)

: Sick, dude! I hope that's the last time we have to cut off somebody's balls.
: Well, it's for the greater good that we cut off his balls... I guess.
: Maybe if we replace his balls with the pig balls he'll come back to life again.
: Awesome work with the balls! You think the Prince will let us keep them?
: (Oh my god!)
: Wow, you're a real ball buster, Commander Douchebag.

Again, there's never any reason to do this. So don't.

Over here under this pot you can see something. Break the pot and it releases a switch.

The switch, in turn, controls this locked door over on the right.

The ranger patch adds 100 damage to ranged attacks. The discus, on the other hand, has innate bleeding, and jumps to two targets.

The damage is also pretty nice.

Anyway, back to Ottawa.

Remember the Ottawa Clinic? It's the only place in the game you can cure Dire AIDS.

: I see you have Dire AIDS. I can heal it for 5 Canadian dollars.

(if you LEAVE)
: Well, it was nice knowing you anyway.

(if you GET HEALING)
: You are now cured of Dire AIDS. You still have AIDS, but it is no longer Dire. It's like Magic Johnson AIDS.

:eng101: Don't gently caress with snakes, y'all.

Video:

: Is he dead? Did you kill him?

: Yay! The Bishop's balls! Now religion won't interfere with government! How can we ever repay you?

: You said you would free the Minister of Montreal, my Lord.

: Sorry, no can do. With both the Bishop and the Minister taken care of, my throne is secure.
: But my liege, we made a promise.

: Shh. You. Shhh.

The Prince walks off.

: Quickly. You must speak with the Duke of Vancouver. He can help you get into the Catacombs of Quebec.

: Give the Duke this. Hurry now!

: The poor Bishop. I will mourn him for a long time to come. (queefs)

:toot: We're befriending Canadian Nobility left and right.

Anyway, now we're off to British Columbia.

: Many wonderful films are shot in Vancouver. All of them are about cabins terrorized by serial killers.

: Hockey is quickly becoming the world's eleventh most popular sport.
: I have a doctorate in hockey from McGill.
: Long ago, two ice dancers got in a fight and beat each other to death. Canadians loved it, and hockey was born!

: Welcome to Vancouver, the San Diego of Canada!
: People come from far and wide to buy our 2010 Winter Olympics merchandise.

The shop has a pretty nice wand. I still prefer to regain my PP through fire abilities, but you can't discount the raw damage.

I've never really seen the point to these stickers. So few enemies in the game even have shields, and I can't think of a single situation when it would be useful to remove 6 layers of them simultaneously. Hell, I can't think of a single enemy that even has 6 layers of shields.

Anyway, the Ducal palace is up in the northern end of town.

: They say that the Duke earned his title by winning a log roll with the last duke.

See that crack in the back wall? You can destroy it.

Another piece of the barbarian set, a lumberjack beard, and...

This axe.

Mr. Adler wouldn't like this axe one bit. However, I can't argue with those numbers and stats.

Video:

: Yes, yes I know. But Ottawa is clear on the other side of Canada! How are we supposed to get there?! Uh huh... Yes, I see. Oh wow. No I didn't know that. Yes, go on. Yeah, I hate that guy too. Uh huh. No I haven't seen that show. Is it good?

The Duke is in the middle of a fairly important phone call.

: The Duke of Vancouver is a very busy man.
: Someday maybe I'll be the Duke of Vancouver.

: A letter from the Princess?

: What the - why according to this, the Prince had something to do with the Bishop's murder and has imprisoned the Minister unjustly!

: Young man, if you wish to brave the Catacombs of Quebec, you would have to speak with the monks who live to the southeast of town. Only they could train you in such sorcery.

: Didn't you hear what I said? The monks to the southeast of town can teach you in such sorcery.

To the southeast of town? Well if I remember right, there was a dock south of where we entered...

Yeah, that dock.

I hope these monks can teach us how to free the minister of Montreal.

Raise your hands if you didn't see this coming. The first time I played, the entire time I was doing this section I had this huge dumb grin on my face. It's a really cool setpiece, because of course it makes sense that your dude would meet and befriend Terrance and Phillip at their home in Vancouver.

: Who are you?
: Perhaps he is the American everyone is talking aboot, Terrance.
: Nah can't be. He can't be a master of spellcraft, he doesn't even know magic.
: He probably doesn't even know how to fart.

: Who are you?
: What is the sound of one anus farting? (farts) Ha ha now you know!

So they wanna see some magic, eh? Well how about Dragonshout?

: Ho! He knows Dragonshout!
: Any magician's apprentice can Dragonshout. It's not like he farted into his hand and hit you in the face with it, Phillip.

Hey, we can Cup-a-Spell!

: My god! He can cup a spell!
: If he's really good, how come he can't sneak a fart behind your face?

Oh, you wanna see the Sneaky Squeaker? Well get a load of this!

: The Sneaky Squeaker! Very impressive. He is worthy of our training after all.
: Yes. Prepare thyself, child. It is time for you to learn some TRUE magic.

: Your magic is impressive, young American. Not since Eric Von Thunderpants of Nova Scotia have we seen such prowess.

: But now you must learn to control your anus muscles in just the right way to change a spell's FREQUENCY.

: Some objects seem too large to be damaged by magic. But now, I will break through it with... NAGASAKI!

: Here, watch again.

The Nagasaki tutorial is the same as all the previous ones.

: Now you try. Believe in yourself!

Naturally there is failure dialogue.

: No no no! You call that a fart?
: You must focus harder! And push harder too.
: Think of your anus muscles as a puckering kiss. Pucker! Pucker! Here, watch again. (he farts)
: Now you try. Believe in yourself!

: That's it! Now let us see how Nagasaki works in battle!

: These three pedophiles from Alberta will have their way with you unless you damage them all with one move.
: Nagasaki!

More failure dialogue...

: Come on, kid! Nagasaki! Or they're gonna get you!

& : (laugh)
: That's it! You have the power!

: You did it! Now go out and use your anus for the good of mankind.
: And don't ever, ever fart on a man's balls.

: You're supposed to go to the Catacombs of Quebec now.
: Go free the Minister of Montreal.

: You must never use this fart for evil. Or on balls.

Guess what I forgot to take. Yep, I forgot to take the perk again. I'm sure I'll eventually remember.

However, that will be for later. Next time? We go to the one place in Canada we haven't been yet - the Catacombs of Quebec.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
You haven't been to Canada until a wild animal has given you the Canadian Greeting. I'm not sure whether we've seen that attack yet.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
All I gotta say is I'm glad South Park's Canada doesn't subject us to Geese.

I can't imagine what South Park would turn Geese into... they're already evil, EVIL creatures...

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I loved the Terrance and Phillip section :allears: Just the way Terrance shouts "NAGASAKI!" after they sic the pedos on you was hilarious to me.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They should have put that island in Vancouver on the west side, to coincide with the actual Vancouver Island.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

A good poster posted:

They should have put that island in Vancouver on the west side, to coincide with the actual Vancouver Island.
That's to bad. It's the only detail about Canada they got wrong.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

So one of the major last minute changes here while the game was still under THQ, the Nagasaki was originally taught by Randy instead of the Sneaky Squeaker.

Nagasaki!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

A good poster posted:

Maybe Terrence and Phillip live in Richmond?

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Maybe Terrence and Phillip live in Richmond?

Surrey, it's over the river and everyone knows that all cool people live in Surrey... maybe not...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

al-azad posted:

So one of the major last minute changes here while the game was still under THQ, the Nagasaki was originally taught by Randy instead of the Sneaky Squeaker.

Nagasaki!

Eagerly anticipating the punch line to the "never fart on a man's balls" joke.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Eagerly anticipating the punch line to the "never fart on a man's balls" joke.
You think it's a joke? :mad:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I barely batted an eye at the nazi zombie fetuses, but calling a fart Nagasaki sort of rubs me the wrong way.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hirayuki posted:

You think it's a joke? :mad:

No you definitely should not fart on a man's balls, but it gets brought up every time they talk about farts in this game and I'm anticipating the moment where, with no other options, our hero is forced to fart on a man's balls and rips open a hole in space-time or something.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Alternatively, that's the reason the New Kid had to come to South Park in the first place.

Only now he can control his power.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

paradoxGentleman posted:

I barely batted an eye at the nazi zombie fetuses, but calling a fart Nagasaki sort of rubs me the wrong way.
At least it's far better than the trailer version.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
As you may expect, using the fart button in Canada causes nearby NPC's to start laughing, unlike back in South Park where people get annoyed/disgusted.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

As you may expect, using the fart button in Canada causes nearby NPC's to start laughing, unlike back in South Park where people get annoyed/disgusted.

The best example of this is the Princess of Canada. Farting on her causes her to say "You are very thoughtful."

There's so much incidental dialogue I'm not sure how to even show off. Like, I have a bonus update planned to show off a few things that I missed, but there is just page after page after page of dialogue the various townies have if you hit them or fart on them, for instance. Each buddy has stuff to say about each sidequest, and even dialogue for picking up various sidequest items. Hell, there's unique dialogue for taking each buddy into each of the main cast's bedrooms. What's frustrating is there's dialogue I've heard that the game script that I'm using doesn't have.

Basically this game is packed to the gills (and then some!) full of jokes and flavor text.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

About half of the updates in Edward_Tohr's Grandia LP were just straight up NPC chat, and it worked pretty well. But no one's going to mind if you just say that anyone who wants all the incidental dialogue should play the game themselves.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

C-Euro posted:

No you definitely should not fart on a man's balls, but it gets brought up every time they talk about farts in this game and I'm anticipating the moment where, with no other options, our hero is forced to fart on a man's balls and rips open a hole in space-time or something.
I was actually completely convinced that you'd be forced to use your superfart in order to avoid being crushed by your fathers balls.

Yeah, now there's a sentence I never thought I'd write, good job Obsidian :v:

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

There's nothing quite like activating Dragonshout and hearing some lady off-screen scream "OH MY GOD"

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Are you guys ready to be done with Canada? Me too. Let's finish this poo poo up.

This cave is the only place we couldn't do anything in before. We could enter it at any time, but there's a rock wall blocking our progress.

The fart tutorials really could have been improved. There was no need to show you how to Dragonshout four different times, only to show the real tutorial later.

The Nagasaki fart works similarly to how the tutorials have been training us. Similarly being the operative word. For instance, you press down and then up on the right thumbstick first. That's when you can find the rumble point with the left thumbstick.

Once the screen is shaking like it's experiencing an earthquake, just hold that frequency until the wall is destroyed. A gif of this would just be a lot of shaking and be really loving huge. If you really want to recreate the effect, just shake your monitor like a carton of orange juice.

It's worth pointing out that there are only a small handful of Nagasaki barriers in the game, like maybe 5 or 6? There's only two that aren't in the final dungeon, with this being one of them.

That's 6 enemies. gently caress that.

Yeah, there's no way I'm fighting this battle. Sure I could wreck a lot of face with Pyre Ball or Dragon's Breath, but I just don't want to.

So I'm not.

:hellyeah:

Believe it or not, but that encounter is the last thing we had to fight in Canada. Defying all conventional RPG logic, the only boss fight in Canada was the Bishop of Banff halfway through.

The last piece of the Barbarian armor is right here. It's really a pity we complete the set so late, because we have almost no time to appreciate it before we get another direct upgrade.

We do look pretty boss, I have to admit.

Alright Mr. Minister, you're free!

: Oui oui oui! Cela est mauvais! Allo? Au secours! Yes yes yes! This is bad. Hello? Help!
: (when you fart) Un toot de joyeux. A cheerful toot

Video:

Script translation supplied by Google Translate.

: JE SUIS LIBRE! JE SUIS LIBRE! I'm free! I'm free

: Oh, ne vous besoin de quelque chose traduit? Oh, do you need something translated?

: Ok, cela se traduit par cela... cela se traduit par cela... OK, this means that... this means that...

: Voila! Bon Jour! Merci beaucoup! Here is(sic)! Hello! Thank you very much.

He seemed nice. I think. He was at least nice enough to translate our note. Now we can finally get back to the girls. Oh, and the Minister of Montreal and the Princess of Canada both add us as Facebook friends.

: You are a true hero of Canada!

: Had enough of Canada, eh? Can't say I blame you.

Bye Canada!

And hello South Park. Now, we could go straight back to Annie, but we have some news to report to Jimbo.

: Aw, I hate spiders. Sure hope you blasted the heck out of it!
: Man, you showed that bacteria what a real hunter looks like!

: You're probably the best hunter this town has ever seen! Right up there with me and Ned in our prime! Right, Ned?
: Straight up.

:toot: We've finished the very last sidequest in the game! Jimbo and Ned both add us as Facebook friends, and we also get Jimbo's key.

: Got another hunting trip coming up in a few weeks and you're welcome to come along. Ask your folks. It'll be fun! Live grenades.
Ned likes this.

I also remember to buy one of the perks now. A free 2PP for using any food item is pretty good... I guess. Look, we've taken all the good ones and all that's left are stuff that is of dubious use.

Anyway, over in the right side of Jimbo's shop is an alien teleporter beacon. We could have come up here a long time ago, but this chest is locked.

The White Whale patch increases damage by 20% when in critical health. The real rewards for Jimbo's sidequest, however, are the weapons. The grenade applies Slow on and around the target, and the axe is just metal as hell.

Innate Vampirism is pretty nice.

I also want to point out that we can use this katana now. It's a pretty boring weapon, though. All it has is damage and the ability to destroy armor. Yay? The metal as hell axe we're using heals us when we attack a bleeding target!

Alright, I guess we can't put it off anymore. Time to talk to Annie.

Video:

: Ready to go back?
: The girls are ready to see you.

: See? Right here it says that five women were at the clinic that day.
: And right there it says Nancy Turner 3:30 pm!
: That's HEIDI'S mom! So HEIDI TURNER was the two-faced bitch!
: The evidence is irrefutable. Thanks, New Kid. We now know it was Heidi Turner all along who was spreading the rumors.

: Freakin whore!

: Two-faced butt rag!

: gently caress Heidi Turner in her loving two-faced rear end!
: But Heidi is really sorry, so we're deciding to forgive her.

: I love you guys so much!

: We love you too Heidi!
ALL: YAY!/YAY HEIDI!/Etc.
: You've served the girls well, New Kid, and so you have our services. Tell the boys we will play their game. (bangs gavel) Sparkle!
ALL: SUNSHINE!

:staredog: Little girls are terrifying, y'all. Anyway, Wendy, Bebe, and Red all add us as Facebook friends after the cutscene. We can also get Jessie, Nelly, Allie Nelson, and Heidi Turner by talking to them in the room.

: I bet you're thinking about something totally deep right now. (JESSIE friends you)
: You didn't hear it from me, but Millie said that Bebe said that Allie said that Monica knows someone who has a crush on you.

: We should be friends so you can like my posts! (NELLY friends you)
: I just posted the hottest picture of me.

: You're really different from the other boys. Like, you aren't even gross!

: I learned that betrayal can actually make your friendships stronger, and it's all thanks to you! (HEIDI friends you)
: You should totally stay as a girl. It's so much better!

: You're totally... hot!

: The girls will be ready to help you whenever you need us.

: Thank you SO MUCH for clearing my name. Now when girls all me a whore it's more in a joking way.

: Heidi's having a slumber party-- oops! I almost forgot you're not a girl!

: Sleepover at Bebe's house next weekend! If you can see this post, you're invited! Don't tell anyone else about this post.
Bebe and Red like this.

There's a Chinpokomon hiding over here on the left, next to Jessie.

We can also find the Valkyrie armor. It's a direct upgrade to the Barbarian armor. I'll show it off in a moment because it's... special.

: As an honorary girl, you have been granted full access to our adorable supplies. Wanna do a little shopping? (SHOP opens)

If I had been paying closer attention to the effects, I would have grabbed this blade while recording this. This thing straight up bypasses all armor and shields on the target. That is as handy as it sounds!

I grab both of these ranged weapons. The bow is pretty straightforward and is as powerful as it sounds with bleed effects. It also completely shreds shields, further making those patches completely useless.

The chakram is also really strong, and will be useful as hell in an upcoming boss fight where I completely forget to equip it.

There's a huge list of armor, three sets worth. The Valkyrie set is better than these for the build we're using.

The girls are also selling this patch. It's okay.

So, the chakram is gonna be what we're using for the next bit of gameplay. It's dealing 500 physical and 100 gross damage on each hit it lands, and also naturally adds bleeding. Now for the Valkyrie armor...

It's a chainmail bikini. However look at those effects. The surges are from the patches I applied, but everything else is part of the armor bonuses. This set lets you kick rear end, and when you kill something you kick rear end even harder.

Oh hey, because we're an honorary girl we now have free passage in and out of their secret clubhouse. Let's see just where it is.

MOTHERFUCKER. GOD drat IT.

I'm mad now. Anyway, now is the moment of truth.

28/30 Chinpokomon means that we haven't missed any so far! :toot: Furthermore, we can also get #29 right now. Let's go do that.

If you think really hard, you may remember a completely unremarkable area we briefly visited. There were some objects hidden behind a rock we couldn't destroy because it had a green crack.

So let's pay it a visit.

I wouldn't blame you if you don't remember this is here. You can actually see the second-to-last Chinpokomon peeking out from behind the background.

One Nagasaki fart later...

And if we talk to the crab person...

: Human, your anus pulverized the rock that was the inter-dimensional gateway between our worlds. Now that it's destroyed, Crab People can conquer humanity and it's all thanks to you! Thank you friend!
: Hello friend to the Crab People and betrayer of Humans. Your anal heroics will never be forgotten.

We're now Facebook friends with the Crab People drummer. :confuoot:

: I keep having the same dream. I'm sitting in a hot tub, and it keeps getting a little warmer. Then I wake up covered in carapace secretions.

:catstare:

This costume is in the chest next to the crab person. It actually has more armor than the Valkyrie armor, but has almost no bonuses. One bonus gives you a small PP regeneration when indoors, and the other is a mild thorns effect. The Valkyrie armor is better in every way.

Well then. Time to report back to the boys.

Oh right, I wanted to say something. This is the hard point of no return for the game. When we return to Kyle with our success, we will be locked into the endgame sequence. So this is your absolute last chance to loot Jimmy's House or the Taco Bell Construction Site.

So next time guys? We enter the final dungeon. :toot: We're nearly done!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
This game sort of hits an abrupt end with the recruitment of the girls, which wound up taking a significant portion of the game. Watching the commentaries Matt and Trey are upset because "We only really learned how to make a video game by the time development was almost over." and I do really miss some of the things they showed in the initial trailer.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
There was probably a whole Crab People dungeon that got cut. Also, I don't know if you mentioned the kindergartners playing pirate at the playground, but nothing really happens with them, either.

The development of The Fractured but Whole is probably going a lot smoother.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

A good poster posted:

There was probably a whole Crab People dungeon that got cut. Also, I don't know if you mentioned the kindergartners playing pirate at the playground, but nothing really happens with them, either.

The development of The Fractured but Whole is probably going a lot smoother.

If only because they're not with a studio going out of business at the time, and like they said, they know a whole lot more about video games than when working on Stick of Truth.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Onmi posted:

This game sort of hits an abrupt end with the recruitment of the girls, which wound up taking a significant portion of the game. Watching the commentaries Matt and Trey are upset because "We only really learned how to make a video game by the time development was almost over." and I do really miss some of the things they showed in the initial trailer.

Where are the commentaries?

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Are you going to show off any of other character classes' abilities? My playthrough was as a Fighter, which was a neat experience and his ability set teetered between boring and hilarious.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Where are the commentaries?

Up on their website, they do commentaries over each episode of the show.

http://southpark.cc.com/collections

I forget the specific episode they talked over but I would assume it was in Season 17 due to them doing a 3-part Game of Thrones/Stick of Truth/Console Wars story. (also the video player on the site is awful)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Are you going to show off any of other character classes' abilities? My playthrough was as a Fighter, which was a neat experience and his ability set teetered between boring and hilarious.

Thief mostly just involves backstabbing people a million times and layering Bleed effects.

Edit:

Onmi posted:

Up on their website, they do commentaries over each episode of the show.

http://southpark.cc.com/collections

I forget the specific episode they talked over but I would assume it was in Season 17 due to them doing a 3-part Game of Thrones/Stick of Truth/Console Wars story. (also the video player on the site is awful)

Oh, I had hoped that they had an unlockable commentary track like Valve sometimes does or something.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Thief mostly just involves backstabbing people a million times and layering Bleed effects.

That's disappointing. Fighter is about blasting an airhorn in someone's face, punching them in the balls, then kicking them in the head while they're crumpled over in pain.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

rotinaj posted:

Edit:

Oh, I had hoped that they had an unlockable commentary track like Valve sometimes does or something.

Oh, no. They can't even be bothered to talk about their episodes for the full run time. If Trey and Matt were asked to do commentary for a game there would be a lot of laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Sblwz3b8s

I do like them talking about how they were approached for a freemium mobile game.

Das_Ubermike
Sep 2, 2011

www.oldmanmurray.com

Onmi posted:

Oh, no. They can't even be bothered to talk about their episodes for the full run time. If Trey and Matt were asked to do commentary for a game there would be a lot of laughter.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that they only do the mini-commentaries for their episodes. I remember watching one of the earlier seasons, I think it was 3 or 4, and Trey mentioned how they don't do longer tracks because they find them to be really boring on DVDs and such and didn't want to appear like they're up their own rear end. Which kind of sucks because they're interesting guys and the stories behind some of the episodes are really pretty funny. Like how the linked meteor shower episodes came about because of how lovely they thought the Wild Wild West movie was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Das_Ubermike posted:

Yeah it's kind of a shame that they only do the mini-commentaries for their episodes. I remember watching one of the earlier seasons, I think it was 3 or 4, and Trey mentioned how they don't do longer tracks because they find them to be really boring on DVDs and such and didn't want to appear like they're up their own rear end. Which kind of sucks because they're interesting guys and the stories behind some of the episodes are really pretty funny. Like how the linked meteor shower episodes came about because of how lovely they thought the Wild Wild West movie was.

I'd really like to get a behind-the-scenes, comprehensive book on some aspect of making South Park from them. I enjoy that kind of stuff way more than the actual episodes.

also, I'm shamelessly trying to kick this along to a new page. So there.

• Locked thread