Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Cedric and Shelton getting the jobber entrance :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1381911891136671744

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

lmao

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Producers of Wrestlemania matches. The producer list is as follows:

Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair – TJ Wilson
Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre – Jamie Noble and Jason Jordan.
The Miz and John Morrison vs. Damian Priest and Bad Bunny – Adam Pearce
Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins – Shane Helms.
The New Day vs. AJ Styles and Omos – Chris Park.
Tag Team Turmoil Match – TJ Wilson and Pat Buck.
Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon – Michael Hayes.
Roman Reigns vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan – Michael Hayes.
Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley – TJ Wilson.
Randy Orton vs. The Fiend – Jamie Noble.
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn – Unknown
Big E vs. Apollo Crews – Jason Jordan.
Matt Riddle vs. Sheamus – Chris Park.
Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax vs. Natalya and Tamina – TJ Wilson and Pat Buck.

I'm not sure what conclusions to draw from this.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The conclusion is that Vince has mush brain

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Grey posted:

Producers of Wrestlemania matches. The producer list is as follows:

Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair – TJ Wilson
Bobby Lashley vs. Drew McIntyre – Jamie Noble and Jason Jordan.
The Miz and John Morrison vs. Damian Priest and Bad Bunny – Adam Pearce
Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins – Shane Helms.
The New Day vs. AJ Styles and Omos – Chris Park.
Tag Team Turmoil Match – TJ Wilson and Pat Buck.
Braun Strowman vs. Shane McMahon – Michael Hayes.
Roman Reigns vs. Edge vs. Daniel Bryan – Michael Hayes.
Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley – TJ Wilson.
Randy Orton vs. The Fiend – Jamie Noble.
Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn – Unknown
Big E vs. Apollo Crews – Jason Jordan.
Matt Riddle vs. Sheamus – Chris Park.
Shayna Baszler and Nia Jax vs. Natalya and Tamina – TJ Wilson and Pat Buck.

I'm not sure what conclusions to draw from this.

TJ Wilson is a land of contrasts.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Adam pearce, I knew you were good

Now get off my TV and stop giving cover for lovely booking

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Man. Was Rhea always this bad? I remember thinking Rhea/Charlotte last year was great

Lid posted:

TJ Wilson is a land of contrasts.

It wasn't his idea for that women's tag match to go 30 minutes or whatever it was. (At least, I hope not!)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhea has never really been bad. Even when she was green she was okay. So not sure what's up with the last couple of matches. Maybe she and Asuka just have zero chemistry, which happens.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Codependent Poster posted:

Rhea has never really been bad. Even when she was green she was okay. So not sure what's up with the last couple of matches. Maybe she and Asuka just have zero chemistry, which happens.

Yeah I've seen her do great stuff in NXT. Her matches with Asuka stank. Mania was boring, last night was really bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have a strong feeling that Rhea greatly benefitted from NXT rehearsing matches.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Asuka botched a few things and they weren’t totally on the same page but it wasn’t that bad for a match on Raw

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Endless Mike posted:

I have a strong feeling that Rhea greatly benefitted from NXT rehearsing matches.

Most of NXT did I think.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Asuka botched a few things and they weren’t totally on the same page but it wasn’t that bad for a match on Raw

The words "for a match on Raw" do so much heavy lifting here that they might as well be performance center trainees.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So is Fiend back to being sweater Bray Wyatt?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Wresting only one singles match in 2021 prior to WM might have something to do with it too.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

TV Zombie posted:

So is Fiend back to being sweater Bray Wyatt?

he kinda goes back and forth

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Seams posted:

Wresting only one singles match in 2021 prior to WM might have something to do with it too.

Yeah. As much as AEW frustrates me by relegating a lot of people to the streaming shows, at least those people are wrestling every week rather than just sitting in catering.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Sometimes two great wrestlers just don't have chemistry. I remember Styles and Owens had like a 3 PPV program and not one of them was above ok.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Sometimes two great wrestlers just don't have chemistry. I remember Styles and Owens had like a 3 PPV program and not one of them was above ok.

tbf having to work every match with excessive Shane all over it probably wasn't easy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I didn't watch Raw and I thought the WrestleMania match loving stunk, but I'm not gonna hold too much against Rhea or Asuka for a match that was gonna end with HEEEEERE'S CHARLOTTE anyway not being that good.

SonicRulez posted:

The first one had a meh countout finish right when it was getting going, the second one ended in some incredibly bizarre botch, the blowoff at SummerSlam was pretty good except for all the Shane stuff.

They had a fun TV triple threat with Jericho that I think goes down as Jericho's very last WWE match.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
watching Raw here, MVP comes out to introduce Lashley (who never ended up coming out). Drew interrupts MVP, then Strowman interrupts Drew, then Randy Orton interrupts Strowman. I shouted "what the hell is going on" a second before MVP did. Then Adam Pearse interrupts. Hilarious.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MJeff posted:

I didn't watch Raw and I thought the WrestleMania match loving stunk, but I'm not gonna hold too much against Rhea or Asuka for a match that was gonna end with HEEEEERE'S CHARLOTTE anyway not being that good.

The first one had a meh countout finish right when it was getting going, the second one ended in some incredibly bizarre botch, the blowoff at SummerSlam was pretty good except for all the Shane stuff.

They had a fun TV triple threat with Jericho that I think goes down as Jericho's very last WWE match.

Second to last. He later showed up (amusingly overweight from the Fozzy tour) in the Greatest Royal Rumble.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lol oh yeah. And he deeply deeply regretted it basically immediately.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Lid posted:

See Braun was infamously terrible in the ring and the fans didn't warm to himn at all, then he became BRAUN and a ridiculous caricature and suddenly he got beloved with I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU.

The problem was he wasn't supposed to get over as BRAUN, he was supposed to be another Giant for Roman Reigns to overcome and instead BRAUN was getting cheered rather than feared. Just another man caught in the Roman Reigns-Charlotte Flair Push Hurricane.

The thing is, Braun never really stopped being bad--the promos and a lot of the matchwork still show it--it's that it didn't matter, because for once, the WWE did the thing you're supposed to do with everyone and booked him to emphasize his strengths and cover his weaknesses. He didn't have to be a great talker because he rarely spoke outside of catchphrases and yelling, he didn't have to be a great wrestler because he mostly just fuckin' crushed people, and shockingly, when your booking for someone is 'this angry person is bigger and stronger than everyone,' over time the audience will generally get into it because an angry strong dude who throws people around like bags of flour is awesome and one of the elemental centers of wrestling.

But then, as you say, Roman Reigns, and Brock Lesnar, and then they got bored, so now he's a big strong wrecking machine who also can get beat up by Shane McMahon.

I didn't even particularly like Braun at the time and I still thought they should've put him front and center, because it was the ultra-rare case of them doing a whole thing right and in a way the fans liked, and it was really, really obvious.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
They booked the cage match ok for the most part. Shane's crew attacks his knee with chairs, Shane focuses entirely on the knee, but any time Braun gets ahold of him he just destroys Shane. Except for the portion of the match where Braun had to sell Shane's punches

Also the whole "this is for everyone who's been called stupid" thing was terrible and just a rehash of the Nia/Alexa bullying feud

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

big news from last night is no more Michael Cole on Raw. I wonder if that's why he sounded so poo poo on Sunday, he probably only found out that day

Per The Athletic, Cole is the one who recruited Adnan Virk

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Did they test this new guy out at all before Raw? Like was he on main event or 205? I guess nobody will know

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grem posted:

Kinda knew the Fiend stuff on Mania was gonna be a clusterfuck after reading this:

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/alexa-bliss-addresses-the-rumor-about-her-wearing-a-mask-at-wwe-wrestlemania/

Biggest show of the year, no talent informed of what's going on until they wake up that morning, totally normal.
I repeat myself but if the Austin/Jericho interview was any indication, this has been their MO for the past two decades.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

He's done podcasts at ESPN and a movie podcast once he was let go from ESPN.

Podcasting is not the same as Broadcasting but...he does have some experience in talking/carrying a conversation for a mass audience.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Did they test this new guy out at all before Raw? Like was he on main event or 205? I guess nobody will know

They brought him in to call taped matches.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
So MVP had what 4 separate appearances on the show but neither the new RAW tag champs or new US champ were on it.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
who would you rather listen to

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Matt Christman go on RAW

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It was nice to have a guy who isn't shouting through the entire match but he didn't raise his energy level when the moment called for it either

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

rko yourself and everyone around you

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

watching Raw here, MVP comes out to introduce Lashley (who never ended up coming out). Drew interrupts MVP, then Strowman interrupts Drew, then Randy Orton interrupts Strowman. I shouted "what the hell is going on" a second before MVP did. Then Adam Pearse interrupts. Hilarious.

I actually like those segments. Its so rare that WWE books their title pictures as competitive fields. In theory I like the idea of the champ coming out fresh off a victory and having a bunch of people some looking for a shot at the belt. Most of the time WWE title pictures are just a line you wait on until the guy in front is done.

Although didn't Drew lose clean? He shouldn't be one of them. gently caress off.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
He was told to go to the back of the queue except then he won the triple threat again so like...

WWE

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

STAC Goat posted:

I actually like those segments. Its so rare that WWE books their title pictures as competitive fields. In theory I like the idea of the champ coming out fresh off a victory and having a bunch of people some looking for a shot at the belt. Most of the time WWE title pictures are just a line you wait on until the guy in front is done.

Although didn't Drew lose clean? He shouldn't be one of them. gently caress off.

Except this is a regular thing that they do. And when the people in the #1 contender match lose they just gently caress off and do something else, immediately forgetting about the title.

Like what are Orton or Braun going to do for the next month? Just out of feuds that don’t seem to be continuing. Will they continue to be a threat for the title? Probably not. We will get a month build to a rematch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Matt Christman go on RAW

I'd rather see him job to Matt Cross.