Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is that the one that people keep posting about in the Barkley thread? What meme am I missing beyond it being Bob's Game level trash?

The creator is an incredible insane piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dackel posted:

I can't believe I'm witnessing this historic game launch during my lifetime

i wrote a review of it

http://steamcommunity.com/id/crowfeathers/recommended/650670

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is a drat good review.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is fallen legion out now, because I can't tell since videos are like still previews on youtube.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

:staredog: Well there's a review that hits the ground running.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

lol at the bootlicker in the comments who's willing to go to bat to white supremecists just for making a (lovely) game that doesn't have a huge fanbase

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

thirty five fuckin dollars for a wizardry clone? what the gently caress

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

That blog post has amazing links in the sidebar

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

RareAcumen posted:

lol at the bootlicker in the comments who's willing to go to bat to white supremecists just for making a (lovely) game that doesn't have a huge fanbase

there's always one

I have to often remind myself that the internet (including comment sections/reviews/youtube videos) is a terrible representation of what most people are really thinking and feeling

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

"This review is from a cuckold from the Something Awful forums: It's safe to ignore their crybaby SJWism review spamming. "

This Green Skeleton guy from the comments seems mad. I'm glad your good review upset them, corn in the bible.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
steam communities are cool when they have people who give good technical advice about games and stuff but most of them are full of people who are straight-up loving insane

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
who here is green skeleton

cmon bro don't be a little snowflake bitch

stand by your words

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if Cleve actually had an IQ of 180 he'd know to get some game time on his smurf accounts so they're not immediately obvious

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
at least be a neonazi with good taste in games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

at least be a neonazi with good taste in games

It's hard to be a neo nazi with good taste in games when so many of them encourage you to kill yourself and your friends.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i feel like those guys think i'm like genuinely real mad at cleve and not laughing at his silly beliefs

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

pretending everyone who's laughing at them is actually offended is the only way they can get through the day

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

i feel like those guys think i'm like genuinely real mad at cleve and not laughing at his silly beliefs

i feel like they are insane people with lovely taste in videogames and/or cleve

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
u know ur doin sumthin ryte when you make enemies everywhere u go - contemporary American proverb

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

my favorite response on my review is a guy who just said DID YOU KNOW WIZARDRY IS ALSO HETERONORMATIVE like he was laying down the biggest own of his life

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

i feel like this is the funniest thing that will ever come out of insane steam community people

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The Colonel posted:

i feel like this is the funniest thing that will ever come out of insane steam community people

that guy's an rpgcodex guy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tae posted:

Is fallen legion out now, because I can't tell since videos are like still previews on youtube.

It is I own it have played it for ten minutes. Literally

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Was it a good 10 minutes or a bad one?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

The Colonel posted:

Gay Dad Sim is the better game.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

mycot posted:

Gay Dad Sim is the better game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQXx-ahRTzM&t=95s

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

that guy's an rpgcodex guy

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HGH posted:

Was it a good 10 minutes or a bad one?

It seemed okay but don't take that as a endorsement

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

KingSlime posted:

who here is green skeleton

cmon bro don't be a little snowflake bitch

stand by your words

what do you have against green skeletons ya slimer

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Played some more Nier:A, and I am not at all surprised that the happy friendly Machine village was horrifically destroyed by Zombie Machines. The poor pink-bowed sister :ohdear:.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you choose to kill Pascal as A2?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

a much better fate than the alternative.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaggitz posted:

a much better fate than the alternative.

Ahh, there's the Yoko Taro I remember. It's not Yoko Taro until there's children committing suicide out of fear :stare:. I'm actually talking about the first time, outside the Resistance Camp, not whether to kill him or erase his memories.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Played some more Nier:A, and I am not at all surprised that the happy friendly Machine village was horrifically destroyed by Zombie Machines. The poor pink-bowed sister :ohdear:.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you choose to kill Pascal as A2?
You can also just straight up leave, if you keep trying to do so, and force Pascal to deal with living with the memory of it all.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

You can also just straight up leave, if you keep trying to do so, and force Pascal to deal with living with the memory of it all.
Does Pascal still go back to his village if you do this?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nate RFB posted:

Oh. poo poo. :ohdear: I wiped his memories, now he's selling the corpses of his friends and family as junk in the Village.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

I wasn't being sarcastic. :colbert:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
For anyone who might have complained about the battle/field speed in Trails in the Sky games but did not want to deal with cheat engine, they are rolling out beta DX9 patches for at least one of the games (the 3rd) that introduces a configurable turbo mode button. I imagine it's only a matter of time before it gets tested in FC and SC as well.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah it'll be in a couple of hours, she just went to bed before getting to FC and SC.

newmans_owned
Nov 26, 2015

Home Of The Hottest WADs On The Net
i've got an honest question for those who know anything about darkbasic programming:

i really, really like brigand: oaxaca. despite its rough edges, it's an really endearing first person crpg with a lot going for it. sadly, i'm a bit peeved that it only supports 1028 by 768 or 1280 by 1024 out of the box.

is it theoretically possibly to implement support for 16:9 resolutions in darkbasic, or do i have to stomach 4:3 and roll with the punches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

newmans_owned posted:

i've got an honest question for those who know anything about darkbasic programming:

i really, really like brigand: oaxaca. despite its rough edges, it's an really endearing first person crpg with a lot going for it. sadly, i'm a bit peeved that it only supports 1028 by 768 or 1280 by 1024 out of the box.

is it theoretically possibly to implement support for 16:9 resolutions in darkbasic, or do i have to stomach 4:3 and roll with the punches?

I'm amazed he got multiple resolutions working at all so I'm gonna say that ain't happening.