Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's good that Mutoh wants to kill more companies than Fedor and Hogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Illinois Smith posted:

One of the greatest joys of watching Joshi is discovering how many Tough Indy Dudes decided "yeah, that's gonna be my finisher" straight after watching a 90s AJW tape.
I wouldn't knock these women at all. Have you ever seen a Burning Hammer? A Copkiller? 90's Joshi ladies did not gently caress around. Over meant over.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah, the cream of the crop in Joshi were as good as anybody. That reminds me, we should watch GAEA Girls one night in PSP.TV...

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Calm down guys. I love Joshi, I just think it's funny to picture the lightbulb that went on over Eddie Kingston's head the first time Quack showed him an Aja Kong tape.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So who's in worse shape: AJPW or NOAH? Are either in genuine danger of dying?

Also, less sad question: Is any of the Diamond Rings stuff any good?

Mr Muggy
Mar 30, 2010

I'm just gonna do this for about two minutes, okay?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So who's in worse shape: AJPW or NOAH? Are either in genuine danger of dying?

from what I've seen, AJPW can barely draw 1000 fans for one of their "big" shows. NOAH seems to be getting a little ground back with a couple of signings from Osaka Pro,still working with Diamond Ring, and TMDK from Australia. I say AJPW is in much worst shape. That being said, both companies still have a ways to go to get back to where they once were.

Vendo Thefastlane
May 24, 2005

Thefastlane's the last name
Hi! Sorry to just jump in here after years of no participation...

I started wrestling here in Japan a year ago, and was wondering if anyone else here has; I'd like to make a contact.

For everyone else thanks SO much for supporting puro, and especially the indies whenever you can!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Prince Devitt on moving to WWE in his own words:
http://www.famemagazine.co.uk/2013/08/24/irish-wrestler-returns-home-for-belfast-show-exclusive-interview/

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Vendo Thefastlane posted:

Hi! Sorry to just jump in here after years of no participation...

I started wrestling here in Japan a year ago, and was wondering if anyone else here has; I'd like to make a contact.

For everyone else thanks SO much for supporting puro, and especially the indies whenever you can!

You gotta tell us who you are now.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's like, 1 or 2 shows a year that get taped. So there's not much to judge by.

Vendo Thefastlane
May 24, 2005

getitoffgetitoff posted:

You gotta tell us who you are now.

Someone highly disappointingly unknown... Only a year of experience in an indy group, but one of us made it to a DDT tryout and I have a small chance myself over the next year. Ring name is ケント・ディカプリオ (Kento DiCaprio). I doubt there is anything online as my group has just 1 or 2 shows a month, no commercial DVDs, and is only on local TV.

I just wanted to see if someone's had the chance to do the whole locker room introduction thing as a white guy in a Japanese fed... I hoped for some advice so I wouldn't step on any toes since I don't know the etiquette. If not, it's OK; I'm sure I can figure things out. :)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Vendo Thefastlane posted:

Someone highly disappointingly unknown... Only a year of experience in an indy group, but one of us made it to a DDT tryout and I have a small chance myself over the next year. Ring name is ケント・ディカプリオ (Kento DiCaprio). I doubt there is anything online as my group has just 1 or 2 shows a month, no commercial DVDs, and is only on local TV.

I just wanted to see if someone's had the chance to do the whole locker room introduction thing as a white guy in a Japanese fed... I hoped for some advice so I wouldn't step on any toes since I don't know the etiquette. If not, it's OK; I'm sure I can figure things out. :)

there's only been a few goons training and even fewer on indies, never mind actually in Japan. but if you ever get down to Kyushu, (if memory serves you were up in Tohoku though) holler.

Vendo Thefastlane
May 24, 2005

harperdc posted:

there's only been a few goons training and even fewer on indies, never mind actually in Japan. but if you ever get down to Kyushu, (if memory serves you were up in Tohoku though) holler.

Ah well... Worth a shot.

Appreciate the offer but indeed out east. Maybe I'll get a chance to be booked around if I can make it, though.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ajpw apparently fired low ki already

the observer posted:

Low Ki was announced as being off the rest of the tour after the Akebono match on 9/16 due to broken ribs. A few days earlier, Low Ki had tried to fight Hikaru Sato, a former Pancrase protege of Minoru Suzuki (probably not the right guy to want to start a fight with). There wasn’t an actual fight, but it didn’t do him any favors and he was pretty down on options after his playing Halloween dress-up at the Tokyo Dome show unauthorized by the promotion (and then absolutely tearing the house down with his wrestling) in January. I still can’t get over his blowing it with New Japan at this stage of his career but he did. The perception from there was more than questioning if the rib injury was legit. Either way, because of the Sato incident, he was said to have been fired, but even if he quit, he’s not expected back. That didn’t take long.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Low Ki is a loving idiot. It shouldn't be possible to be that big a mark for yourself having accomplished relatively little in your career but somehow he manages it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Low Ki is a loving idiot. It shouldn't be possible to be that big a mark for yourself having accomplished relatively little in your career but somehow he manages it.

Is there any major fed that he has not napalmed his bridges with?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

bobkatt013 posted:

Was he ever in AAA or CMLL?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Was he ever in AAA or CMLL?

IIRC, he was part of a 8-man tag with Joe, Homicide and AJ in some TNA vs AAA matchup, but that's pretty much it, so not really a chance to burn any bridges in Mexico.

That said, he has burned so many bridges in the US and Japan that one or two burned bridges in Mexico wouldn't even make a difference.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The fact that AJ was even interested shows how:

a) Talented Ki is

b) Desperate AJ is

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

bobkatt013 posted:

I mean he didn't really burn his bridge to the WWE since he didn't do anything of note.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean he didn't really burn his bridge to the WWE since he didn't do anything of note.

They fired his rear end due to his ego.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Or he quit due to his ego. Either way, WWE is done with Low Ki.

AJPW giving Low Ki a spot made sense because they are/were run by crazy people.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
He was fired due to his ego, but his ego said "as long as I can say that I quit, okay?" or was it the other way around?

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Pretty sure he was upset with his push, a meager midcard one that saw him only win a single match, after going through and winning NXT, so he decided to leave. If he were to return, I guess it would depend on what Triple H thinks of him, but I think they realize he'd be more trouble than he's worth.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (
That's a real pity for the Japanese audience. They seem to love him quite a bit.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Ditch posted:

The fact that AJ was even interested shows how:

a) Talented Ki is

b) Desperate AJ is

He's definitely a talented guy, but he's never really got anywhere because of his insufferable personality

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Sato vs Ki sounds like an awesome match. :(

I really want to see him burn ALL the bridges in the world except DDT and then shop up there in something like Sato's old anime costume. With that grumpy/constipated/intense look on his face.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

OmegaBR posted:

Pretty sure he was upset with his push, a meager midcard one that saw him only win a single match, after going through and winning NXT, so he decided to leave. If he were to return, I guess it would depend on what Triple H thinks of him, but I think they realize he'd be more trouble than he's worth.

Yes but that could have been due to his ego and pissing off the bookers.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Didn't he also break Ziggler's nose in that one match he had?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Hoss Corncave posted:

Didn't he also break Ziggler's nose in that one match he had?

If I'm remember correctly, there was some sort of miscommunication, Ki irish whipped him into the corner and went for his Cartwheel/Kick combo and Dolph just stopped running, turned around and leaned forward right into his foot.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 27, 2013

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is there any reason why Chono hasn't competed for the AJPW Triple Crown title? Considering his fellow Musketeers accomplishments, it would be highly appropriate to give him a run. :unsmith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The man called M posted:

Is there any reason why Chono hasn't competed for the AJPW Triple Crown title? Considering his fellow Musketeers accomplishments, it would be highly appropriate to give him a run. :unsmith:

He's 50 and hasn't had a good match in about 10-12 years, and also he's pretty much retired to work for AJPW as a consultant.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That and he had a title shot vs Mutoh in 2001.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
Not sure if anyone will see this, but...wanted to give some details on the end (for now) of Rudo Reels Digital.

Unfortunately, my download host had decided that unlimited wasn't really unlimited, and they couldn't handle my 11TB of DVDs, so they're closing my account.
I don't blame them or hold it against them; they've provided me a great service for a few years.

Anywho, I thought it'd be fitting to do one last free download so for anyone who doesn't have it, here's NJPW's 2013 Dominion PPV. You'll have until Oct 15 to download it.

https://www.payloadz.com/d1/freeproducts.asp?id=2377376

I'm also running a 1-2 day flash sale on select titles in the DVD SHOP. 300+ different titles have been reduced to digital-equivalent prices but you'd get actual discs shipped to you. Check it out:
http://rudoreels.com/shop/product-category/flash-sale/

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
IVP had the same bad news :( And I don't get paid until after they're gone!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

does anyone know where to find some of the recent NOAH shows? the more recent show results looked interesting but there seems to have been a drought since Kobashi's retirement show aside from maybe the Jr. tag tournament that Tiger & Liger won.

RudoReels
Feb 21, 2013

RudoReels.com for International Pro Wrestling DVDs and Downloads.

Free downloads in every newsletter email!
@LvK-
It really sucks. But, train was bound to derail sooner or later. Our prices compared to the sizes of the files don't really make it cost efficient for whomever's hosting it.

@golden-
Not sure. I haven't had the resources to properly dig for missing shows just yet (now it'll be worse) so I mainly just snap up anything I see available. haven't seen much on the NOAH front. I know some were asking me about the 7/7 show. No sign just yet.

I'm doing trading here and there to pick up odd stuff I'm missing but a lot of it is staples that everyone else probably has, but I still have to 'go through the motions' and get it anyway...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

golden oldies pete posted:

does anyone know where to find some of the recent NOAH shows? the more recent show results looked interesting but there seems to have been a drought since Kobashi's retirement show aside from maybe the Jr. tag tournament that Tiger & Liger won.
I've had decent luck finding things match-by-match on google/youtube. Especially a youtube user with a name that's something like prowrestlingark or prowrestlingaark.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I didn't realize Harada joined NOAH. I'd guess if anyone from Osaka Pro goes next it'd be Tadasuke.

Fake Edit: Wow, it looks like pretty much all of JOKER is gone save Tadasuke and Ultimate Spider Jr. That's kind of lame, the bits I saw I liked Kuuga nd Orochi quite a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Orochi is supposed to be quite good. He's been training a lot of the Ice Ribbon women.