Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That robot is packing some serious steel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Tetrajets, huh? Be interesting see if they pull those off well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

No third party has yet.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I have Hun-grr and he has ankle tilts?!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Even Flame Toys Starscream is amazed by his own junk.

Or maybe that's just normal for Starscream.
Please don't make me remember all those drawings of anime Starscream making out.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Without the requirement of making the figure transform, we are free to add details that wouldn't be possible or economical with a transforming figure"
Immediately gives Starscream a huge bulging crotch.

In other news, Peaugh has SS VW Bee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdozZ-8PONY

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
PE TM2 Megatron and Zeta Blitzkrieg are both dropping in the next 10 days!

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

Oh no. The "vintage" toy store near me has just gotten a gently caress ton of KOs. and new TFs in general. so boned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Daaku Shinsei posted:

Oh no. The "vintage" toy store near me has just gotten a gently caress ton of KOs. and new TFs in general. so boned.

Go forth my son, do what must be done.

And take pictures.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The MSJ posted:

Why does that Gundam have wings

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And it doesn't transform? Amazing, simply amazing(ly bad)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The MSJ posted:

Somebody took a LIIIIIIITTLE too much inspiration from the revoltech line.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

MP Barricade looked nice, but I'm glad I didn't buy it because the SS looks Good Enough

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

El Burbo posted:

MP Barricade looked nice, but I'm glad I didn't buy it because the SS looks Good Enough

It looks really fun and fits into the nicely tidy and tiny Studio scale.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looking forward to flame toys megatron that just has a giant trigger sticking out from his perineum.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh man, this is dropping shortly as well. I'm at like $400 for September and it's the second day

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
drat, I've never dipped my toe into the third party pool, but I have a inexplicable affection for skylynx...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
the affection is entirely explicable. he's just the best.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just ask anyone, especially himself.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I’m totally getting that Sky Lynx. It’s beautiful.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

Okay, but Long Haul is already very accurate to his movie design and really good

The only reason I'd be up for a new one is if it actually combined and served as a premold to Onslaught.

yeah hes good i just wish his arms and legs were thicc like a fat girl

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Walmart online was good to me for once!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
E: ^ oh wow, they used the old boxart? I wonder if Harmony Gold are going to flip their poo poo about G1 Jetfire. I kinda hope they do and get stomped down in court again.

Jesus. I know I bring him up every so often, but I just took WFC Optimus down off the shelf to transform him, and what planet did this toy come from? His transformation design language is so far removed from what Hasbro and Takara normally do, he feels like a third party job.

Actually, you know what he reminds me of? ROTF Leader Optimus. All the detail panels that are mounted on little arms to get them where they need to go.

Phy fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Sep 3, 2018

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

DrChud posted:

How much was Devastator, and did they have the minibots set yet?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Phy posted:

E: ^ oh wow, they used the old boxart? I wonder if Harmony Gold are going to flip their poo poo about G1 Jetfire. I kinda hope they do and get stomped down in court again.
I suspect that the terms of the recent settlement are that if they sue anyone again that poo poo goes public and their lack of actual rights will cause them to owe millions in damages to the companies they've sued.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Arquinsiel posted:

I suspect that the terms of the recent settlement are that if they sue anyone again that poo poo goes public and their lack of actual rights will cause them to owe millions in damages to the companies they've sued.

Not to mention Harmony Gold's hold on the Macross rights through Robotech are going to expire in a couple years

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
They only had the rights to distribute the cartoon anyway, so that shouldn't mean a drat thing to anyone.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

How much was Devastator, and did they have the minibots set yet?

Devastator was 74, I haven’t seen the minibots in stock myself yet online. I was using instocknow for Dev and Scream, they only popped up a few times and seem to sell out quick.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

DrChud posted:

Devastator was 74, I haven’t seen the minibots in stock myself yet online. I was using instocknow for Dev and Scream, they only popped up a few times and seem to sell out quick.

Well that kills my interest, that's at least 40 dollars more than it should cost

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's interesting how most of the toy companies that Hasbro licensed Transformers from aside from Takara have gone out of business, but the media companies have persisted on and on.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Arquinsiel posted:

They only had the rights to distribute the cartoon anyway, so that shouldn't mean a drat thing to anyone.

They have a lot more than that. They have the distribution rights in the West plus the rights to any merchandise based on any of the licensed properties here and the rights to make derivative works based on them for release in the Western market. Their stranglehold on them expires in 2021, although they will own the name "Robotech" forever.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Nope. The company they got those rights from never had the rights to give to them in the first place, and that's basically why everything since the Big West vs. Tatsunoko Productions trial (and two appeals) has resulted in Harmony Gold backing down hard. The TL;DR: is that Tatsunoko has the rights to the 36 episode series, but Big West, and via them Bandai, have the rights to the line art, designs, characters, universe etc, so Harmony Gold technically can't actually make anything. There are rumours that this is why the current Robotech comic had a sudden un-announced hiatus of a couple of months, but the most obvious thing to look at is Catalyst Game Labs and Pirahna Games Interactive just throwing out Macross-inspired/derived designs for their stuff and giving zero fucks right now after this year's case.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

DrChud posted:

Are these online only?

I was ordering an SDCC exclusive off of HTS.com so I went ahead and ordered SS Lockdown, especially since it wouldn't have been any cheaper to buy him at retail. I'm too old for the "hunt", I've got poo poo to do.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Xenomrph posted:

Are these online only?

I believe they’re wal-Mart only, not necessarily online only. With stocking situations being how they are it might be easier to get them via the website.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I believe they’re wal-Mart only, not necessarily online only. With stocking situations being how they are it might be easier to get them via the website.

Yeah. Some of the local Wal-Marts would have to reorganize the shelves to make room around here, and I feel like even then scalpers would just get them anyway. (Probably then to sell to their local hapless comic and toy store.)

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

Arquinsiel posted:

Nope. The company they got those rights from never had the rights to give to them in the first place, and that's basically why everything since the Big West vs. Tatsunoko Productions trial (and two appeals) has resulted in Harmony Gold backing down hard. The TL;DR: is that Tatsunoko has the rights to the 36 episode series, but Big West, and via them Bandai, have the rights to the line art, designs, characters, universe etc, so Harmony Gold technically can't actually make anything. There are rumours that this is why the current Robotech comic had a sudden un-announced hiatus of a couple of months, but the most obvious thing to look at is Catalyst Game Labs and Pirahna Games Interactive just throwing out Macross-inspired/derived designs for their stuff and giving zero fucks right now after this year's case.

There's been no couple month hiatus on the Titan Comics Robotech book, though? I mean, I get the bloody thing, and it shipped #1 in the last week of July last year and has trundled along, with a few slips of a few weeks here and there (similar to IDW TF books at times); #12 was last month but the dead tree was delayed a smidge iirc, and I think #13 is getting shifted to the first third of October?

That's not any kind of couple-month hiatus though, by any stretch.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So I’m back in the US and been to one Walmart and one Target, and both have had a ton of Terrorcons and no wave 2 dinobots

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.allspark.com/2018/09/punch-counterpunch-in-hand-gallery/

Here's a bunch of new pictures of Punch/Counterpunch

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

So I’m back in the US and been to one Walmart and one Target, and both have had a ton of Terrorcons and no wave 2 dinobots

This morning my local Wal-Mart had Swoop, Dreadwing and Grimlock. I really ought to check out Target but it's kind of a production getting in and out of their parking lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Keep looking, they're saturating now. Terrorcons are still iffy though.