Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Datamined Blue Mage spells, if you'd like to spoil things for yourself a week in advance.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...d=0&single=true
Orbonne Monastery related:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Did someone say glamours?

I'm so going to hell for this

You did it. You found a horny person on FF14.

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Server's down, time for glam shots!
All my favorite glams are cosplays of inferior games.

e: Also download for the patch is up!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Hogama posted:

Datamined Blue Mage spells, if you'd like to spoil things for yourself a week in advance.

I wonder if they're gonna have another sexualized animal race in the future or just lean hard into an ugly race like Nu Mou or something. Viera are gonna make bank from fantasias.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
playable seeq in 7.0

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hogama posted:

Blue mage spells:

Lots of hilariously low potency attacks. Primal attacks are actually pretty strong but share a (probably long) cooldown. Several low chance of success attacks that are stupidly powerful if they work, like Tail Screw and Missile.

They have several *very* powerful buffs/debuffs which is probably why they don't want them in DF or in content past 50 because poo poo like 30% magic vuln would turn other jobs into absolute monsters in combination with Trick Attack etc.

Most importantly, Flying Sardine is on the list.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 8, 2019

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

jokes posted:

I wonder if they're gonna have another sexualized animal race in the future or just lean hard into an ugly race like Nu Mou or something. Viera are gonna make bank from fantasias.

Koji/Yoshi didn't sound like they were joking when they said this was going to be the last race

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Whatever I'm gonna be the sluttiest bunny boy until the servers shut down 40 years from now anyway.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ah gently caress craftable Sophia weapons are in this patch? I never got off my rear end to buy/farm the beads and now they're gona be super expensive rip

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
They are.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

jokes posted:

Whatever I'm gonna be the sluttiest bunny boy until the servers shut down 40 years from now anyway.

yeah but what about in game

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ey I'm all patched up and ready to go play Mahjong with Moogles

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I'm only going to play mahjong, nothing else.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raid spoilers

T.G Cid is gonna loving wipe so many raids.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
My SAM bis ended up looking really good even if it is just... literally the sam bis i picked. :v:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Big alliance raid story spoiler:

Good things are happening with this patch.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but there's some new glamour stuff for sale at the gold saucer besides the 2m MGP bling mount. There's a wooden sword for the SAMs here for example. :toot:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Have to go to work now, do I get to kill/maim/beat up Ramza?

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
That third boss is a pubbie killer. But it's also really fun.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Like 5 years of making jokes about how Final Sting will be a real ability.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
let the endgame begin

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

MSQ spoilers:

The negotiation scene is probably one of my favorite scenes in FFXIV so far. It was something to see the Emperor dunk on Gridania and Limsa, and then see the Emperor reveal that he really is pretty batshit during round 2.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

Alris posted:

Big alliance raid story spoiler:

Good things are happening with this patch.

so i am a full-time working adult with slow internet who will probably not have a chance to play any of the new content until tomorrow at the earliest, but this bastard is literally my favorite character in the whole final fantasy franchise and so i gotta know, can somebody please spoil me, what is he doing here. what the heck is he DOING in this storyline

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
FFTWotL continues to be the bad, non-canon version of tactics where no one says poo poo as they attack.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Viera stuff.

"Ah, yes. I have learned much of the leporine folk during my travels, so let us start off with the most basic of details─there exist two distinct clans, the light-skinned Veena Viera, and the darker-skinned Rava Viera"

In other words, tread not the wood with hopes of finding a male Viera, for you will be met with naught but disappointment...or worse, death."

"The word Viera itself means “people of the wood,” and true to that name, both the Rava and the Veena make their homes exclusively in the Golmore Jungle, or the primeval forests which line the southwestern foothills of the Skatay Range, respectively."

Similar to that of the Miqo'te Keepers of the Moon, the Viera's societal hierarchy is strictly matriarchal. You will find no males in the villages of both the Veena and the Rava, let alone in positions of rule.

Yet, that does not mean they do not play an important role in Viera society. The males take up the mantle of Wood-warder─protectors of the forest─and serve their tribes by seeing no evil encroach on their tribe's sacred demesne.

Males, for the most part, are reclusive, shunning contact with even their own kin, save for the rare occasion they return to their village of birth to sow their seed and to claim any boys who have reached adulthood...but I shall speak of that queer custom at length later.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Solovey posted:

so i am a full-time working adult with slow internet who will probably not have a chance to play any of the new content until tomorrow at the earliest, but this bastard is literally my favorite character in the whole final fantasy franchise and so i gotta know, can somebody please spoil me, what is he doing here. what the heck is he DOING in this storyline

Setting up for a future storyline. It's a last second cameo

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

ImpAtom posted:

Setting up for a future storyline. It's a last second cameo

thank you, and also, drat it

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Merlwyb: "Limsa Lominsa was forged of refugees like Garlemald and we built a nation without robbing others of their own homelands!"

Varis: "So sayeth the pirate."

:drat:

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Merlwyb: "Limsa Lominsa was forged of refugees like Garlemald and we built a nation without robbing others of their own homelands!"

I know right? You have to be one hell of a hypocrite to say that with a straight face. But pirates gonna be pirates.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Axel Serenity posted:

let the endgame begin

There's a mahjong thread that got started in trad games a few months ago. I'm a complete novice at the game who only really started playing it because of Yakuza 0 but would love to get more mahjong discussion going on.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869069

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Karanas posted:

I know right? You have to be one hell of a hypocrite to say that with a straight face. But pirates gonna be pirates.

Yet more proof that Merlwyb is just the worst.

Xun posted:

Ah gently caress craftable Sophia weapons are in this patch? I never got off my rear end to buy/farm the beads and now they're gona be super expensive rip

FINALLY. I've been stockpiling beads forever. Time to make a zillion gil.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I loved the one-two punch to this too where he’s like “so about them Kobolds” and Merlwyb can’t say poo poo in response

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

At least the plot is self aware enough to call poo poo like that out.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Saint Freak posted:

Like 5 years of making jokes about how Final Sting will be a real ability.

The best part is that it does actually kill you.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rainuwastaken posted:

Yet more proof that Merlwyb is just the worst.

FINALLY. I've been stockpiling beads forever. Time to make a zillion gil.

Beads? (Bees?)

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

Anyone find how to get all the stuff pictured here? Aside from the loft and stairs (CRP crafted, sub-50) and the kitchen things.

Specifically I'm looking for that dresser with the shiny rocks which looks like the Glamour dresser, and also that pile of dolls which seem to be one item.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
half of it is going to be maps

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Alright, I finished MSQ, Four Lords, and Ivalice Raid.

Now what do I do? :(

ImpAtom posted:

Raid spoilers

T.G Cid is gonna loving wipe so many raids.

You don't have to tell me that. :shepicide:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Alright, I finished MSQ, Four Lords, and Ivalice Raid.

Now what do I do? :(

You don't have to tell me that. :shepicide:

Work on that mahjong rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

Have to go to work now, do I get to kill/maim/beat up Ramza?

Which one? The answer is no either way, but you get something close.

Zerilan posted:

Work on that mahjong rank.

Heck.