Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Angela Christine posted:

Did anyone in archeage actually enjoy fishing? I thought it was just boring thing people did to make money. If you actually enjoyed the big dumb minigame there were flocks of birds indicating fish spawns in safe zone ponds pretty much constantly. I only saw people actually chum the waters for lake fishing once though, because the gold/labor sucked.

People constantly did it in the harbor zone next to the one with the noon/midnight rifts. I spent ten minutes there and got bored so I left but there were always boats for leveling fishing or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Screw it, I've seen all the bad talking in the thread but damnit the main post got to me and I have nothing better to do so I'm going to try this game out.

How hosed am I?

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Screw it, I've seen all the bad talking in the thread but damnit the main post got to me and I have nothing better to do so I'm going to try this game out.

How hosed am I?

p. hosed. don't do it. really.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Or the problem is it's a lovely game.

Maybe.

I can't tell whether you're talking about AA or not diablo 3, but it doesn't actually matter when you get down to it.

D3 is pretty cool now, and I even got it for free :woot:

Warhammer was cool for the 2 days I played it, before wow 3.0 sucked me back in for 4 years. I wish they'd release the code for it so people could make private servers.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The thing that kills me about this terrible game is that even though it was terrible it still had some neat ideas that i'd really like to see get picked up by less terrible developers. The way the economy was set up was really interesting and forced people to take risks to make money via trade packs.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I really enjoy ArcheAge still

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CompeAnansi posted:

The thing that kills me about this terrible game is that even though it was terrible it still had some neat ideas that i'd really like to see get picked up by less terrible developers. The way the economy was set up was really interesting and forced people to take risks to make money via trade packs.

Of course some of those risks were 'Gee I hope I can stay connected the entire time because if I get disconnected, at all, in a non-PvP zone I'm totally hosed with no recourse'.

That one's not exactly good game play. Especially in a game that had Hackshield in it, something that's about as stable as a sovereign citizen in the middle of a cocaine-fueled bender riding a pogo stick.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When you die or get disconnected holding a trade pack and it doesnt get picked up, it will slowly sink until it reaches the floor of the game well below the visible ground level.

You need noclip to do this, but its super simple. Go to any of the ports where any sort of pvp happens and you will find 50-100 packs per day. They are stuck in rocks and un-clickable to anyone outside the rock or 10m below the seafloor. If you are below them they are very easy to see since many of the rocks have no geometry underneath. Pick it up, turn on stealth and swim back to turn in.

Its so much free money and you dont even have to scam anyone since those packs are considered lost. I did this daily on my main account and never got banned.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

effectual posted:

D3 is pretty cool now, and I even got it for free :woot:

Warhammer was cool for the 2 days I played it, before wow 3.0 sucked me back in for 4 years. I wish they'd release the code for it so people could make private servers.

I was referring to Trion's new game, not actual Diablo 3. That's why I said "not diablo 3"

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
All I know about that game is from looking at the splash page and while I could totally roll with blue open coat guy I have no desire to be anywhere near little girl race.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
seriously, where are the little boys for the other kinds of sex offenders?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I don't think you have to worry about the Catholic church playing this :downsrim:

Edit: they all play FF14

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bozonofski
Sep 22, 2009
Decided that I hate my life and am going to play archeage some more. What's the goon guild on aranzeb and how do I become part of it?

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Bozonofski posted:

Decided that I hate my life and am going to play archeage some more. What's the goon guild on aranzeb and how do I become part of it?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bozonofski posted:

Retard Mafia

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bozonofski posted:

Step 1) Wear a metal loincloth made of cheese graters

Step 2) ???

Step 3) Profit!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You need to produce a lot of wool.

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011
Longboards are the gift that just keeps on giving. I just found out you could do this today.

And thank god you can still put tradepacks on 'em too

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You know what you can't put on there? Good taste in games.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Morglon posted:

Why would you have to?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Morglon posted:

:drat:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Morglon posted:

:eyepop:

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Morglon posted:

:captainpop:

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011

Morglon posted:

:gowron:
this is funny right? we're being funny?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Dasyati posted:

Longboards are the gift that just keeps on giving. I just found out you could do this today.

And thank god you can still put tradepacks on 'em too

The cars do that too, however if you do it right, you can end up with a dead duck or chicken riding shogun.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Seems legit.

Good to see Trion have totally dealt with the massive and rampant exploiting and usage of 3rd party software :allears:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DancingShade posted:

Seems legit.

Good to see Trion have totally dealt with the massive and rampant exploiting and usage of 3rd party software :allears:

It's a 50% chance on those regrades isn't it? That's not exactly unlikely odds

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PCOS Bill posted:

50%? No. More like less than 5% on the first and 1% on the others.

And destroying the item when you get a major failure, which is nearly guaranteed on those last two.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

PCOS Bill posted:

How cute.

This is the most up to date table I could find. See how high the chance to just destroy your thing is with every one of those steps. Of course it's possible but it's very unlikely and nobody goes that high unless they're hacking or just have tons of money to burn. And if you actually do have the money to burn odds are you were hacking to begin with.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Sep 8, 2015

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
in most games stuff like that is server side, because theres no real performance benefit to the client rolling those dice. i kind of doubt they hacked that

but if they did it's especially funny. in fairness, i think you could set your own HP in this game, so

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

in most games stuff like that is server side, because theres no real performance benefit to the client rolling those dice. i kind of doubt they hacked that

but if they did it's especially funny. in fairness, i think you could set your own HP in this game, so

Yes, most games

Not archeage.

Yes you could set your own HP, you could even give yourself the invincible buff that you got from around the Nui statue, all while flying through the air attacking randoms at will (it didnt disable combat for you).

There are still teleport hacks where you load up a hauler with tradepacks, throw one on your back, unsummon the hauler and then telport right next to (or usually underneath if it is a pvp zone) the trader.

Welcome to archeage.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm eagerly awaiting the thread for Trion's latest garbage heap MMO. I already forgot the name of it. Hoping that game provides the same amount of entertainment, however I'll be letting some other poor schmucks be the guinea pigs this time while I sit back and read about it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are you talking about the "Diablo-like" MMO with massive 20 v 20 pvp battles that you can pay $150 for a founders pack for

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Well if nothing else we can look back on Rift and say "well it wasn't as poo poo as the other games were".

Maybe.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
All I heard about RIFT was that it went from fairly decent to quite good when they did the f2p transition...

... And from there spiralled into poo poo fairly quickly.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
why isnt there a Devilian thread anyway

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Truga posted:

All I heard about RIFT was that it went from fairly decent to quite good when they did the f2p transition...

... And from there spiralled into poo poo fairly quickly.

Rift is what made me think Trion was worth trusting, because it was pretty fun for awhile. Then I dunno wtf happened at Trion but now they have the Midas touch of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

SumYungGui posted:

Rift is what made me think Trion was worth trusting, because it was pretty fun for awhile. Then I dunno wtf happened at Trion but now they have the Midas touch of poo poo.

A lot of third rate game companies are doing similar things.. Adopting an already existing product, adapting it a bit, and running the minimum viable product strategy for a while as they occasionally introduce new micro-transaction stuff alongside very minor updates

It's not the business strategy that makes you the most money, but I think it does make money, since it seems to happen often enough

• Locked thread