Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Don't forget that kids born after the year 2000 can vote next year, and are probably posting on this forum right now!

the relentless march of time haunts us all

And they will probably fail to vote because it's "not an election year".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

shame on an IGA posted:

And yet we're still counted as millenials it aint fair I tells ya

If you want to reach, Harvard classifies GenX as 1965-85.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

I was scared of the Gulf War because I didn't know there was more than one Gulf and thought people were fighting on the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.

So my mom got out a globe and schooled me.

Then the next day I saw a convoy of military vehicles and some oil refinery blew up and we had to stay inside with the windows closed.

That's when I knew my mom was lying and that SCUDs were being fired 45 minutes down the road :tinfoil:

Kids are dumb.

this is kinda funny but also probably incredibly loving scary to a kid

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Suddenly duck and cover doesn't sound so pointless after all.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Reverand maynard posted:

some of my first memories are watching bombs dropping on TV during the first iraq war

i couldn't understand why they were fighting a war about the game my dad played on weekends

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Shaddak posted:

I feel ya man. When I was in Kindergarten, Reagan was president, and the USSR still existed.

I grew up a roughly 25-30 minute drive south of Kennedy Space Center and the launch pads. Which means I could watch launches from my back yard, or say, the lawn of my elementary school. Which is where I watched the Challenger detonate mid launch.

Fast forward to February 1st, 2003. My flight major and I were looking over the radar scatter of Columbia's debris field (I probably have some of the shots saved on a flash drive) and I mentioned that I never thought I would see a second shuttle loss. At which point another airman looked at me confused.

They had no idea there was ever a previous disaster and couldn't fathom time existed before 1990.

Kids are loving stupid. And anyone younger than you is a kid.

Edit: Tha gently caress?

Freddy?

I can dig that.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Blackwater founder held secret Seychelles meeting to establish Trump-Putin back channel

:stare:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Not only was it before inauguration, but it's currently being looked at by the FBI.

poo poo is really, really weird.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Venom Snake did nothing wrong.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ARE YOU loving making GBS threads ME

BETSY DEVOS IS HIS SISTER

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/848999145612464129

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

If you want to reach, Harvard classifies GenX as 1965-85.

I think the best watermarks are "Were you aware of the implications of the Berlin Wall falling?" for defining where Gen-X ends and "Were you aware of the implications of 9/11?" for where the older group of millenials ends..

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
man, the ghosts of the Iraq War keep constantly popping up and loving up your country in new and exciting ways

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hahahahahahah

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Man I want more evidence to keep building against these corrupt fools.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Reverand maynard posted:

some of my first memories are watching bombs dropping on TV during the first iraq war

I have earlier memories than that, but I distinctly remember my dad saying bye to us in uniform to go over there, and I remember him getting off the plane coming back home too.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Venom Snake did nothing wrong.

:ocelot:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Oh wow

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Don't believe the fake news about Big Boss. The mainstream media played him like a drat fiddle.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVWRetR4jg

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Now that I think about it the president in MGS2 must have been Trump since he was big on grabbing crotches.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
MGS2 was pretty spot on about predicting how retards on the internet and memes would just make everything worse.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Now that I think about it the president in MGS2 must have been Trump since he was big on grabbing crotches.

trump getting cut in half in a wicked sick sword duel would be a p. good way to end his presidency

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Two Finger posted:

trump getting cut in half in a wicked sick sword duel would be a p. good way to end his presidency

It would also be pretty sick if a giant AI controlled nuclear submarine crashed into lower Manhattan and stopped at federal hall where Doctor Octopus Trump dies in his sword duel.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah we're already in the full retard timeline awesome poo poo might as well start happening

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Its not the initial story....

But the follow up that really makes it..

facialimpediment posted:

Are we really going to let this dumb loving charade continue? LoL this country is loving stupid. Burn it to the ground.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

It would also be pretty sick if a giant AI controlled nuclear submarine crashed into lower Manhattan and stopped at federal hall where Doctor Octopus Trump dies in his sword duel.

Yeah until that gets used as propaganda and Breitbart blames the big fuckall nuke carrier crashing into NY on the terrorist browns and we just elect Steve Bannon or some poo poo and continue down the same path.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

1991 is way too late to count as gen x but birthdays in that year absolutely need to be some kind of dividing line for arbitrary marketing demographic binning. They were the first to have facebook available all the way through high school and might as well be aliens to someone just 5 years older.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Yep. We're dealing with several dynasties of human garbage here.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

Yeah until that gets used as propaganda and Breitbart blames the big fuckall nuke carrier crashing into NY on the terrorist browns and we just elect Steve Bannon or some poo poo and continue down the same path.

Steve Bannon will never be president.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If everyone involved with this poo poo ends up going to jail I swear to God I will become christian again because that will be divine proof that God exists and the US not Israel is his preferred country now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Genocide Tendency posted:

Steve Bannon will never be president.

"Neither will Donald Trump"

-A lot of people eight months ago.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

"Neither will Donald Trump"

-A lot of people eight months ago.

Yoink..

Steve Bannon will not be president. Ever.

Edit: Its gone.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 3, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
All of this poo poo could mean absolutely nothing and it could be all above-board.

But everyone is acting like stupid guilty people act.

Oh and that Internet privacy bill that's probably going to be signed is for a policy that 6% of Americans want, with 83% opposed. https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/849001813147889665

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

At least there are still a few politicians who aren't poo poo in this world

quote:

[removed name] -

Last month, we won a very important victory against the Republican health care plan that would have taken away insurance from 24 million Americans, raised premiums for seniors and defunded Planned Parenthood.

But we must be clear. This is just the beginning of our struggle, not the end. Our true goal is not just stopping Republicans from destroying health care. Our goal is guaranteeing health care as a right for all people.

Let me be blunt. The Affordable Care Act has done some very important things for our country. Today, 20 million Americans have health care who did not before the law was passed. We ended the obscenity of people being denied coverage because of pre-existing conditions and we put a cap on how much people with serious illnesses have to pay out of pocket. Progress was made but we can do better -- much better.

That is why, within a couple of weeks, I am going to be introducing legislation calling for a Medicare-for-all, single-payer program.

People who cannot afford health care don't deserve to die. We should not be spending far more, per capita, than any other nation for health care or be paying the highest prices in the world for prescription drugs.

I believe now more than ever that the American people are ready to end the national disgrace of being the only major country on earth not to guarantee health care as a right for all of its people. Add your name if you agree.

Add your name as a citizen co-sponsor of my Medicare-for-all, single-payer health care bill that will guarantee health care as a right for all Americans.

The truth is that the insurance and pharmaceutical companies in this country are bribing the United States Congress. In recent years they have spent billions of dollars in lobbying and campaign contributions to make sure that we maintain a dysfunctional, but profitable, approach to health care. Enough is enough. Now is the time to take them on and do something about it.

They will try to make words like "NATIONAL HEALTH CARE" sound scary.

But the truth is, we already have a very large single-payer system in this country. It's called Medicare and it has succeeded in providing near-universal coverage to Americans over the age 65 and gets high marks from people who are enrolled in the program. I believe we can and should expand it to cover everyone.

I believe the American people are ready for a Medicare-for-all, single-payer system that guarantees health care as a right for all Americans. But getting there will require nothing short of a political revolution in this country. Add your name to say we're in this together.

Add your name as a citizen co-sponsor of my Medicare-for-all, single-payer health care bill that will guarantee health care as a right for all Americans.

Today, 28 million of our sisters and brothers are living without health care, while many others have high deductibles and co-payments. Despite the gains under the Affordable Care Act, there is still a major health care crisis in this country.
Our job, together, is to end that.

In solidarity,
Bernie Sanders
U.S. Senator, Vermont
:bernin:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

welp and here come the secret service again

Comrade Blyatlov fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 3, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
That crazy blackwater meeting has links to Flynn, Bannon, and Kushner too. Yikes.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/849007923405750274

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/849008099658747904

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/849008489942978561

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/849008970643775488

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

All of this stuff is just lost in the void until the smoking gun is found.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/849002446722666497

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

TBeats posted:

All of this stuff is just lost in the void until the smoking gun is found.

At least Bill O'Reilly over at Fox News is starting to feel the heat over his gropey, creepy ways.

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/849008675440254980

https://twitter.com/TomKludt/status/849006354769616897

C'mon advertiser revolt!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

brand engager posted:

At least there are still a few politicians who aren't poo poo in this world
:bernin:

Its really what we need to fix the healthcare system, but it will happen over the corpses of every health insurance provider and pharmaceutical company in the US.

They won't let that happen no matter how many favors they would need to call in and how much they would need to spend in bribes. The US healthcare system is built from the ground up to profit off of the end user, and that poo poo aint ever going away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Oh man, too bad Donnie didn't throw out the first pitch at the Nationals home opener.

https://twitter.com/RealAlexRubi/status/848994320883613697

• Locked thread