Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Friends of mine are driving down to Werribee on the chance they'll get to see it, optimal time will apparently be around 1am

I should be rolling down Collins St about 1am, will report back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Friends of mine are driving down to Werribee on the chance they'll get to see it, optimal time will apparently be around 1am

9pm update:

quote:

Photo taken on 10s low light setting with phone Werribee South

quote:

barely visible with naked eye though

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Now it’s going
Holy gently caress

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Holy poo poo, that's almost worth going to Werribee for.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Well for all those staying up for the Eurovision finals, that will give you something to look at while pre-drinking and biding your time.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Holy poo poo, that's almost worth going to Werribee for.

Mate in Angelsea has been sending me similar photos. Says in person though they are quite hard to see alas. Need to take long exposures.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It got quite bright here, easily visible with the naked eye, got some ripper pics on the work phone (iPhone 11 using night mode and 3s exposure, propped up on a rock)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

gay picnic defence posted:

It got quite bright here, easily visible with the naked eye, got some ripper pics on the work phone (iPhone 11 using night mode and 3s exposure, propped up on a rock)

Pics or it didn't happen mate.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Absolutely lashing it down in Sydney rn, good luck lads and ladettes

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Inceltown posted:

Pics or it didn't happen mate.

How do you post a photo while phoneposting

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Try this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

How do you post a photo while phoneposting

If you're in the app there is a button to post it for you. Hosts it in Imgur and all.

That is a sweet view

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Fukken sweet!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Looking at them on a bigger screen they're pretty grainy but it's still pretty cool

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Fell asleep on the couch and completely forgot to check the sky when I let the dog out in the middle of the night.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A friend got a halfway decent photo in Merri Creek park up in Coburg, which is even further north than I am

E: me last night, I guess

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 02:47 on May 12, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/leftrenewalxxx/status/1789472925739073722

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Up till 2am last night, best I saw was the faintest pink glow on my camera :(

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Sydneys cloud cover made it really hard to get mad at the light pollution spoiling the show.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Snake in a ute. Starring Lisa from Newcastle as the new Samuel L Jackson.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
That snake knows what it's doing. Solid winter planning right there.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Another wet summer coming. Lets loving go!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lmao at all the red

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Inceltown posted:

Snake in a ute. Starring Lisa from Newcastle as the new Samuel L Jackson.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Inceltown posted:

Another wet summer coming. Lets loving go!

the bureau is on little girl watch, if you see little girl be alert but not alarmed

spaceblancmange posted:

lmao at all the red

im sure thats absolutely fine

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

spaceblancmange posted:

lmao at all the red

If I'm reading that right the oceans are all full of hot, hot communists?

Maybe now the commies have taken over the seas the right will try and do something about the ocean levels rising. :colbert:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Having a brewery next to a camel dairy was a mistake

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

quote:

Actually, I was quite surprised to find how little camel flavour there is.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah, If your cooking with camel dung pretty sure more people were worried about it having a poo poo flavour not a camel flavour.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
poo poo is what you use when you cant afford kerosene or lpg
Its a significant global energy resource
poo poo. You're cooking with it.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It’s also used a lot in places where firewood is scarce. In Tibet they throw yak poo poo at a wall and when it falls off it’s dry enough to burn, or something.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Nice how everyone just slides right by the camel dairy.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

milk is stored in the hump

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Inceltown posted:

Nice how everyone just slides right by the camel dairy.

there are worse dairies, though I suspect there is also a sexual element to this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

It’s also used a lot in places where firewood is scarce. In Tibet they throw yak poo poo at a wall and when it falls off it’s dry enough to burn, or something.

That's just what they tell the tourists as they don't want outsiders to know they're like super bigoted against walls.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dessert dwellers use camel dung for their cooking fires so makes sense to use it for smoking barley.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

dr_rat posted:

That's just what they tell the tourists as they don't want outsiders to know they're like super bigoted against walls.

smug perpendicular cunts

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

spaceblancmange posted:

milk is stored in the hump

One hump is skim, the other is normal

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
once upon a time milk was home delivered in bottles with foil caps and the magpies would punch holes in the top and take all the cream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Carlos Lantana posted:

once upon a time milk was home delivered in bottles with foil caps and the magpies would punch holes in the top and take all the cream

Clever buggers deserve it.