Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

i have no idea how you think eureka is worse than diadem with the possible exception of "now it has stuff i want, but i dont want to do it"

That is exactly it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Failboattootoot posted:

That is exactly it.

Savage raiding is terrible by that same logic. I want the Diamond BLM weapon dammit. :argh:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

That is exactly it.
This is honestly the saddest post I've ever seen in this thread

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Defending eureka lol

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Rastan Beeza posted:

Defending eureka lol

No need to defend good content. Thank you YoshiP for blessing us with it.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

homeless snail posted:

“Bad content is now less ignorable” seems like a legit reason to be disappointed

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I haven't been in eureka in about a month - have bunny fates improved in Pyros in any way? Either by the devs changing the number of bunnies that spawn, or just less people doing the fate in general? Honestly the most discouraging thing about Pyros is not being able to craft the actions you want because the only sustainable way to get the rarer crystals is through bunny fates.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be honest I don't mind Amenos or Pyros. The big reason why is that both provided a steady stream of loot. (Amenos was better about this but whatevs.) Pagos sucked because it was slow, tedious and you barely got anything from it.

Vitamean posted:

I haven't been in eureka in about a month - have bunny fates improved in Pyros in any way? Either by the devs changing the number of bunnies that spawn, or just less people doing the fate in general? Honestly the most discouraging thing about Pyros is not being able to craft the actions you want because the only sustainable way to get the rarer crystals is through bunny fates.

Bunnies are pretty regular and honestly logogram prices are rock bottom lately.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
So far my only eureka experience is grinding out the challenge logs in Anemos. The brief time I've spent in Pagos doing the quests to advance to Pyros sucked, and I can't wait to never go back.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vitamean posted:

What spells are you trying to craft that actually use offensive logograms? Irregular is fun to use if you're reflect farming but hardly needed, and Bravery is alright I guess? The rest of the spells that need Bloodbath/Skirmirsher to craft them aren't that good, unless you really feel like killing yourself with double edge.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Bolow posted:

What spells are you trying to craft that actually use offensive logograms? Irregular is fun to use if you're reflect farming but hardly needed, and Bravery is alright I guess? The rest of the spells that need Bloodbath/Skirmirsher to craft them aren't that good, unless you really feel like killing yourself with double edge.

That's exactly it.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

homeless snail posted:

Well I mean, diadem 2.0 is conceptually also more fun. It wasn't fun enough to get me to grind in it for the rare things though. If Eureka was 2.0 Diadem but with bosses that have actual mechanics, I would like it a lot more. Which is to say that I would likely find it ok content that I resent less than afking through Eureka while I do something fun on a second device because I collect glowing swords like most people collect mounts and minions.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vermain posted:

I think the best way to put it without devolving into a multi-page argument is that it's divisive. Some people enjoy it, especially the later zones released, while others can't stand it. It caters to a specific sort of interest, much like the other side content SE releases for FFXIV.

Eureka is good.

Anemos is good.
Pagos was a warcrime but now it is tolerable.
Pyros is better than Anemos.
Hydatos will likely be better than Pyros.

However, there are some idiots in this thread that spazz out with insane hyperbolic vitriol any time Eureka is even mentioned.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

:ohno:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Grinding for the right to grind: The Instance is not good.
Hundred players zerging bosses: The Instance also is not good.
Afk while waiting for the thing to spawn: The Instance is literally the worst.

All of these are Eureka.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mordiceius posted:

Eureka is good.

Anemos is good.
Pagos was a warcrime but now it is tolerable.
Pyros is better than Anemos.
Hydatos will likely be better than Pyros.

However, there are some idiots in this thread that spazz out with insane hyperbolic vitriol any time Eureka is even mentioned.

Actually Eureka sucks.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
A hundred players zerging a boss is actually great, because it's hilarious to watch fifty of them get instagibbed the moment Louhi does any sort of cleave.

And all of Louhi's moves are cleaves. :getin:

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Saltery Quest rules.

What quest is this?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ither posted:

What quest is this?

With a Tonze of Salt, it shows up in the Saltery after you complete 4.5 story stuff I think?

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Well after 4 months I've decided to resub to get my final trophy for the PS4 plat. (500 FATES) Looking forward to catching up with some of you guys.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

small bird pudding posted:

Does anyone know of a top that's like the Republican Medicus's Chiton but without the wing things in the back? They clip like a motherfucker.

Star Velvet and/or Thaliak?

e: whoops I did not notice how belated this was, pls forgive

Leraika fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 14, 2019

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Grinding for the right to grind: The Instance is not good.

(you gotta) grind for your right (to grind)

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
As of the most recent changes, Eureka has ascended to the lofty heights of "solidly mediocre". It will, however, no longer make you long for death and the gigantic periods of sitting around AFK waiting for something, anything to happen seems to finally be dead. If you prep them, they will spawn. Even Cassie (weather allowing)!

Now to see if they immediately backslide with some sort of new regressive garbage in Hydratus. My guess is that they will and it will remain unfixed for several months. The required steps to get the dungeon open and then to actually do it are a prime candidate.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Bolow posted:

And why should people be denied the right to the exhilarating experience of murdering themselves with Double Edge? Live the Diablos lifestyle.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rainuwastaken posted:

A hundred players zerging a boss is actually great, because it's hilarious to watch fifty of them get instagibbed the moment Louhi does any sort of cleave.

And all of Louhi's moves are cleaves. :getin:

Also the killer zombies that murder you upon revival.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Monathin posted:

With a Tonze of Salt, it shows up in the Saltery after you complete 4.5 story stuff I think?

I just ran this today and picked it up in Mor Dhona, but after you finish the Saltery stuff.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Eureka still awful because of the leveling.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

I just ran this today and picked it up in Mor Dhona, but after you finish the Saltery stuff.

So you are correct, my mistake.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 14, 2019

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Leraika posted:

Star Velvet and/or Thaliak?

e: whoops I did not notice how belated this was, pls forgive

No worries, and I thought about both of those (and like them and have used them for glams in the past), but the healer star velvet doesn't completely dye and the skirt on thaliak is a bit bigger than what I'm after rn.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

small bird pudding posted:

No worries, and I thought about both of those (and like them and have used them for glams in the past), but the healer star velvet doesn't completely dye and the skirt on thaliak is a bit bigger than what I'm after rn.

The only other thing I can think of is the Flame Lieutenant coat, and that's a stretch/has big ol' pauldrons/can't dye.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Obligatum VII posted:

Now to see if they immediately backslide with some sort of new regressive garbage in Hydratus. My guess is that they will and it will remain unfixed for several months. The required steps to get the dungeon open and then to actually do it are a prime candidate.

Hydatos should be good right away. Pyros was good right away.

Pagos was an oversight because they initially made it for a very small subgroup of people. And it was in development before Anemos was released and they didn't know how many people would be interested in Eureka.

Pyros was made in a post-Anemos world, which is way Pyros feels like the sequel to Anemos, not Pagos.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Mordiceius posted:

Hydatos should be good right away. Pyros was good right away.

Pagos was an oversight because they initially made it for a very small subgroup of people. And it was in development before Anemos was released and they didn't know how many people would be interested in Eureka.

Pyros was made in a post-Anemos world, which is way Pyros feels like the sequel to Anemos, not Pagos.

Pyros had much of the same problems, albeit to a slightly lesser extent, that Pagos did in regards to linking together large numbers of spawns that were then queued with weather locked NMs that would cause everything to just logjam at times. The most recent patch fixed that though. Bunny FATEs (and how they encourage large swathes of the players to not help prep things, since they could be doing bunnies instead) and the availability of certain logos actions due to the absurd rarity they gave to the offensive crystals is still all kinds of messed up and still not addressed as well.

"Less bad than Pagos" is such an incredibly low bar that there is still plenty of room to remain bad while clearing it.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Argas posted:

Eureka still awful because of the leveling.

It's bizarre coming back after Eureka was introduced. Relic in the previous expansions was a way to get players doing more of the regular content, but now relic seems to do the exact opposite and push all try-hardiest players off into some completely separate realm.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The new collectibles person is good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Warrior is my new favorite class.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Warrior is my new favorite class.

Embrace the comforting sound effect of the fell cleave.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

PhilippAchtel posted:

It's bizarre coming back after Eureka was introduced. Relic in the previous expansions was a way to get players doing more of the regular content, but now relic seems to do the exact opposite and push all try-hardiest players off into some completely separate realm.

Yeah this is half the problem with it. The other half is the total dependence on other players to progress, sure you needed parties to do the dungeons for the old relics, but you could just queue for those and do other stuff.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

No maintenance for Blue Mage?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Ither posted:

No maintenance for Blue Mage?

It was already added in the last patch and it'll unlock like the seasonal events without having to download anything. Or so it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
A small change I'm hoping for in Shadowbringers is that what will be the 50/60/70 roulette is given an exp bonus on par with lldr and adr.

Also maybe a few more items added in game instead of going straight to the cash shop but

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 14, 2019