Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Kazvall posted:

But doesn't it?

It generally does overheads from what I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Ruggington posted:

I hit berserker level 20 and smash is too powerful

it's beautiful

it might be me making it up but I think it's awesome on lower difficulties and still awesome but a lot less likely to proc (and thus less powerful) on higher

it's pretty good. berserker's in a good spot. I love that class.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
They should just get the chivalry guys to help with zerker. That way I don't get hosed up going from one to the other.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Psion posted:

it might be me making it up but I think it's awesome on lower difficulties and still awesome but a lot less likely to proc (and thus less powerful) on higher

it's pretty good. berserker's in a good spot. I love that class.

even if it doesn't proc you still have 100% extra heavy damage and bisecting husks and sirens with horizontal body shots is power

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Standard left click attacks with the Pulverizer will also proc Smash.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

is it out yet

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Yes, but not for you.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Steam recommended me this game because I play Killing Floor 2. If I was Tripwire I'd be sweating to get some work done, because there's a new contender in the house.

Maybe for the 486 crowd.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

ZearothK posted:

Steam recommended me this game because I play Killing Floor 2. If I was Tripwire I'd be sweating to get some work done, because there's a new contender in the house.

Maybe for the 486 crowd.

Spoiler alert: It's really loving bad and the server populations are entirely kids with 10-year-old computers.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
When there's one zed left alive in the round, it needs to be highlighted and visible through the walls. Just had a game on Catacombs where everyone had to run around for minutes until we finally found the last one.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Firebug is so much more fun in KF2 than it is in KF1. I only played Firebug to grind it to max level in KF1, but I'm having a blast using it in KF2 and happily choose to play it. The tighter maps means that you can toast a lot of large groups per wave, and the Microwave Gun makes Scrake busting fun and easy. There are several matches I've played where me and the Microwave Gun was the difference between coasting through a wave and getting most of the team killed by Scrakes. I still need to unlock the level 15 and 20 perks, which seem to add a lot of power and even more enjoyment to the class.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

closeted republican posted:

Firebug is so much more fun in KF2 than it is in KF1. I only played Firebug to grind it to max level in KF1, but I'm having a blast using it in KF2 and happily choose to play it. The tighter maps means that you can toast a lot of large groups per wave, and the Microwave Gun makes Scrake busting fun and easy. There are several matches I've played where me and the Microwave Gun was the difference between coasting through a wave and getting most of the team killed by Scrakes. I still need to unlock the level 15 and 20 perks, which seem to add a lot of power and even more enjoyment to the class.

Firebug is easily my favorite perk right now. I really like the Flamethrower and Microwave Gun, and usually stick with FT until wave 5 or 6, which is when we really start needing MG. If there's another Firebug with an MG, I'll stick with FT for most of the game.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Firebug is easily my favorite perk right now. I really like the Flamethrower and Microwave Gun, and usually stick with FT until wave 5 or 6, which is when we really start needing MG. If there's another Firebug with an MG, I'll stick with FT for most of the game.

I just used the FT again after rolling CnB and Microwave for a while, and goddamn that thing is fun. You can do some serious damage to enemy groups very quick with it. I'm going to be doing the same thing you do from now on.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I just keep the flamethrower. I like it more than the microwave gun.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Skoll posted:

I just keep the flamethrower. I like it more than the microwave gun.

me too

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The flamethrower is definitely more fun IMO. But the MWG's ability to blow back big zeds and basically act like a shotgun you don't have to aim makes it much better in the end. They should increase the flamethrower's ammo capacity to make it more of a choice.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
I made a Tong Nou music replacement mod by following this helpful steam guide and replacing every audio file I could find and maybe some that shouldn't be... anyway, here it is

http://www.filedropper.com/killingfloor2tongnoumusicmod

http://www.megafileupload.com/qdqV/Killing_Floor_2_Tong_Nou_Music_Mod.zip

ZearothK posted:

Maybe for the 486 crowd.
Is that a commercial Half Life mod? It looks like one of those game modes made with LUA scripting in Garry's Mod.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Away all Goats posted:

The flamethrower is definitely more fun IMO. But the MWG's ability to blow back big zeds and basically act like a shotgun you don't have to aim makes it much better in the end. They should increase the flamethrower's ammo capacity to make it more of a choice.

If FT had 100/400 or 120/360, I'd always choose it over the MG.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I acknowledge that meta-wise the MG is superior, but the Flamer just feels right and fun to me. I go with it every time and my Firebug has been level 25 for a good bit now.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I really hope at some point they implement a team mate indicator of some kind. Trying to divine where my teammates have run off to is difficult. Asking doesn't always help. "I'm upstairs" or "the room". Zerkers tend to take off on a straight line and I hate chasing them - it would be better for both of us if I just knew they were close or not.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
What's the better Lv 15 Firebug perk, zeds-on-fire-explode or zeds-on-fire-make-more-fire?

I'm leaning towards explodey.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Choose explosion and never look back

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tibbeh posted:

Choose explosion and never look back

Single handedly the best ability in the entire Firebug tree.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Seriously, nothing better than running down a hall of trash tapping the trigger while zeds burst like fireworks all around you. Bonus if zed time hits.

also: Cardboard Box A, would doing audio swaps for zeds be in the same area as the music? Had some ideas to make my game stupid.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Mendrian posted:

I really hope at some point they implement a team mate indicator of some kind. Trying to divine where my teammates have run off to is difficult. Asking doesn't always help. "I'm upstairs" or "the room". Zerkers tend to take off on a straight line and I hate chasing them - it would be better for both of us if I just knew they were close or not.

No thanks. Losing a team mate and having to track them down (or losing the rest of the team, which is even more tense and fun) is a far better meta-game for me, especially for a game that is supposed to be so team-oriented. I might think differently if players could be downed and rescued like in Payday or L4D, but in KF you deserve to be punished for getting separated and not being able to handle it. IMO, of course.

e: It would also mean my team couldn't say stuff like "Where's Gromit? Leave him - he's already dead."

Gromit fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 3, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Skoll posted:

I acknowledge that meta-wise the MG is superior, but the Flamer just feels right and fun to me. I go with it every time and my Firebug has been level 25 for a good bit now.

I like the Microwave because it's fun to make enemies (especially Scrakes) big n' puffy before they go pop. Plus, it's the best anti-Scrake weapon in the game as of now.

quote:

No thanks. Losing a team mate and having to track them down (or losing the rest of the team, which is even more tense and fun) is a far better meta-game for me, especially for a game that is supposed to be so team-oriented. I might think differently if players could be downed and rescued like in Payday or L4D, but in KF you deserve to be punished for getting separated and not being able to handle it. IMO, of course.

In my KF2 experience, I"ve found that losing teammates is either because they get seperated when things go to hell and can't get back easily or pubstars trying to solo a part of the map by themselves in an easy difficulty and getting stomped by wave 5.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Where do I go to delete maps? I have gigabit so at least I'm not stuck downloading 300MB of awful design for very long but I definitely don't want to keep anything I've being subjected to thus far.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\Maps

don't delete the official ones :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
So I unlocked Zed Shrapnel.

:stare:

It doesn't seem to proc as much as the description states, but holy poo poo it does major damage when it does. One exploding zed can pretty much wipe out all but the biggest groups with one explosion. I managed to cause two FPs in Hard to detonate because of explosions caused by the skill.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Finally started playing Hard mode.

Man, I don't think I can go back to normal. It's so much more fun when people dying is not that uncommon and there's actually a threat of us wiping at the later waves. Nobody using voicechat or even text = almost guaranteed wipe

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

Away all Goats posted:

Finally started playing Hard mode.

Man, I don't think I can go back to normal. It's so much more fun when people dying is not that uncommon and there's actually a threat of us wiping at the later waves. Nobody using voicechat or even text = almost guaranteed wipe
I think Hard also dials down pubbie IQ somehow. My teams are doing a worse job of picking a room and covering all the entrances/exits, and we keep getting scattered by scrakes/fps and herded by sirens into the bloats. I can only do so much dps :(

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Alereon posted:

I think Hard also dials down pubbie IQ somehow. My teams are doing a worse job of picking a room and covering all the entrances/exits, and we keep getting scattered by scrakes/fps and herded by sirens into the bloats. I can only do so much dps :(

IMO Hard sits at the threshold where gaining experience seems much faster than in Normal, but enemies will actually be able to kill you. So you get this difficulty that impatient newbies flock to in order to level-up faster but since they lack practical experience they often get slaughtered.

This is my opinion mainly because this is the exact experience and reasoning I had when I jumped to Hard straight-away :v:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Suicidal is even better. Enemies gain different attack strategies and animations, which makes things significantly harder - oh, you stopped watching that door? Surprise, a flood of Crawlers are up in your poo poo ten seconds ago.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Suicidal kind of steps over the line for me between "fun" and "stressful". I don't mind playing Suicidal/HOE if it's just to gently caress around and no one is taking it seriously, that's enjoyable.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Suicidal is only fun with a decent team. Even on Hard you can salvage something as a lone player but on Suicidal you're hosed if the team is trash.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Pub teams base on difficulty level:

HoE: Calls out FP. Calls out Scrake. Heals Teammate
Suicidal: Ok who needs money. Scrake here. Here's the gun you dropped when you died.
Hard: You guys hold up on that room, I can solo this map. *gets ate by a scrake* wtf why won't you heal, this team sucks.
Normal: Guys I think I glued my ear to my shoulder.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Suicidal is the perfect mix of challenge and fun for me. The enemies have more tricks and there are more of them, but it isn't the constant zerg rush that is HOE. Pubbies are a lot more coordinated too.

I'd play Suicidal only, but I still have to level my Demo to 15 so that it's not a completely useless piece of poo poo. 8 levels to go :suicide:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Gunslinger confirmed next perk:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=113209

Get hype, nerdlings.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

in December

also I hope part of Gunslinger is fixing the akimbo aiming. It's so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

maybe the 9mm will get an iron sight that isn't booty