Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

His moobs are as big as my head.

Also, there's something not quite right with the physics here - has he stapled that ridiculous Wing Commander amulet thing to the shirt with re-enforced buttons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Meandwhile, at CIG Manchester...

CS Johnny: :kicks in door to lead programmer's office: Sir! We can't handle all these CS requests! I need help down there!

Lead Programmer: It can't be as bad as all that. How many are we looking at Johnny?

CS Johnny: I've got 45 unread messages in my inbox!

Lead Programmer: Have you tried the mass reply button?

CS Johnny: :Gulps: I can't sir. I've never been trained.

Lead Programmer: Dear god. We're going to need everybody on deck. :hits intercom:

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

fuctifino posted:

I think CIG had better announce another sale

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15167-Meet-Gillian-Anderson-And-The-XiAn-Scout

Khartu-al is back on sale. "Coming soon," which almost certainly means hangar-ready instead of flyable.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Breetai posted:

You know,I never really got a good handle on exactly how big Ben is; I tend to read this thread on my teeny-weeny smartphone on the bus to work because otherwise I'd not have time to keep up with it, so I've not watched much in the way of video content. But something like this suddenly draws all of those goon posts rabbiting on about how concerned they are about his health into really sharp focus

:lesnick: has his own gravity.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

xiansi posted:

Also, there's something not quite right with the physics here - has he stapled that ridiculous Wing Commander amulet thing to the shirt with re-enforced buttons?

That's just the gravitational pull you're seeing.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

I am not trying to shame him, but he can have a healthy life outside of SC and enjoy himself. :(

Ben... please Ben, wake up!

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Mendrian posted:

Meandwhile, at CIG Manchester...

CS Johnny: :kicks in door to lead programmer's office: Sir! We can't handle all these CS requests! I need help down there!

Lead Programmer: It can't be as bad as all that. How many are we looking at Johnny?

CS Johnny: I've got 45 unread messages in my inbox!

Lead Programmer: Have you tried the mass reply button?

CS Johnny: :Gulps: I can't sir. I've never been trained.

Lead Programmer: Dear god. We're going to need everybody on deck. :hits intercom:

lead programmer this is too much to handle, come on lets have a night out, we're going to canal street, chris said he spent loads of time there when he was younger....

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

if SC were to come out like even 75% complete (depending on which 75% lol) I would totally consider getting a computer that could run it and goon up, however, its not going to happen no matter how much anyone wishes, dreams, or throws money at it. It's not possible for this game to meet the expectations imagined by the community. Therefore, its fun to make fun of people who believe. I don't doubt that many people in this thread would be thrilled if the tides changed to where it was looking like real progress was being made. I would be surprised if many others didn't feel the same.

But no I guess we all are just evil trolls who hate everything idk

My bet is that this is the M2 Bradley of video games. If the whales can keep giving them money (and so far they give no indicator they will stop) the thing has to, eventually (If no fraud investigation happen) , come out in a playable form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYpRhoZqBY&t=1413s

But the 3 generals are Chris Roberts.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

LOL @ 37:00 Sandi gets up to leave, Ben says, "Now we can get the party started!!!" and you hear Sandi SLAM a door offscreen.

http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity/v/36977585

Amazing.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Chin posted:

I don't understand why Loiosh is remembered so fondly.

Despite his friendly demeanor he was first and foremost a massive equivocator. More often than not if someone had a reasonable point that conflicted with his reality he'd just dance around or outright ignore it.

This thread must seem a bit of a bear pit for shitizens. I can't fault a dude for coming in with his shields up. Compare Loiosh to any other shitizen.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Hey Bootcha, don't be like CIG, just complete the goon-de-yada.

If Derek gets around to recording a segment, make it a dlc :v:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Breetai posted:

You know,I never really got a good handle on exactly how big Ben is; I tend to read this thread on my teeny-weeny smartphone on the bus to work because otherwise I'd not have time to keep up with it, so I've not watched much in the way of video content. But something like this suddenly draws all of those goon posts rabbiting on about how concerned they are about his health into really sharp focus.

Like no-one's physically perfect, but it takes YEARS of neglect to get to that stage. How old is he again?

The scary thing is he was just a regular overweight dude on 2012. Seriously dig up some Fart Shitizen kickstarter videos and see. Seeing his dream turn to ashes is killing him

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

Update from the RSI site:

Controlling Your Spaceman

"We've made mention over the years about the technology we're using, and how we've got top-notch developers all over the world making things happen that have never happened before. In a recent broadcast, Disco Lando made a statement that really cuts to the heart of our efforts here at CIG: "In Star Citizen, you're not controlling your spaceship. You're controlling your spaceman controlling your spaceship." This philosophy has guided our efforts from the very beginning, and we'd like to take some time to dive into this with you, our loyal backers."

"To fully understand our goals here, where you are controlling your spaceman who is controlling your spaceship, we had to dig into some of the most fundamental questions, such as "what is consciousness", "how do brain signals translate into the nerve impulses required to make a simple motion, such as your hand closing", and "how does the greater energy expenditure of a heterotrophic organism translate into higher cognitive function?" Fortunately, our modified version of CryEngine is already coded with the answers to these, and many other, fundamental questions related to controlling your spaceman who is controlling your spaceship."

"Since we had the foresight to settle on such a perfect engine for the game we envisioned, it was really a simple matter to translate that into you controlling your spaceman who is controlling your spaceship. Let us take you through the step-by-step of what the code is simulating each time you log into the 'Verse!"

- Your logon and password are parsed by the system and, if valid, we spin up an instance of a "virtual mind" - this mind has no independent thought (our NPCs will be able to think independently using a proprietary AI algorithm years beyond our competition) and is simply waiting for you to inhabit its mindspace
- We then "wake up" the virtual mind. What many of you think is a canned animation is actually a complex simulation of a fully adult human male with no history or state of mind waking up as if coming to life for the first time - since these are his first steps ever, this is why it looks hesitant and uncertain - we are creating virtual life!
- At this point, each keyboard/mouse/joystick input is translated by the server into the appropriate brain and nerve impulses in your spaceman that are eventually translated into things like forward locomotion, standing, jumping, and so on. Since all of these nerve impulses are simulated, it might look, to the untrained eye, like defective physics and improper, badly-coded animation. But nothing could be further from the truth! We have recreated the inner workings of life itself in our game, and what you're seeing is some of the most complex code ever devised!
- When you use the "F" key to use an item, such as a ladder, we imprint a desire in the spaceman AI to complete a contextual task; in this case, climbing a ladder. And again, what looks like a canned animation is actually the simulated neurological processes of your spaceman's brain deciding how to move his limbs, grip the rungs, keep his balance, etc. This is why it looks so terrible - you're not realizing that this is a newly created form of virtual life taking his first steps! If the animation were canned, we obviously could have made it look much better, like countless other games have for decades. The fact that it looks bad, and is unskippable, is proof of our advanced approach.
- Finally, when you sit in the pilot's seat, every single move you make is filtered through this simulated neurological system into the physical movements the spaceman needs to make the fly the spaceship. In much the same way as an experienced driver doesn't think about hitting the gas to "go", your spaceman understands when you push forward, that means to apply throttle, so he does so. You're not controlling the ship - you're controlling the man!
- A negative side-effect so far, that we're currently working on, is that given enough time in the simulation, many of the spacemen gain a level of awareness. This manifests as janky controls, unresponsive inputs, and lag. Once the spaceman starts questioning the nature of his reality, textures may appear to pop in and out - this is normal, as the spaceman is trying to reconcile what he sees with what he thinks he knows. If enough spacemen become aware, it overloads the server CPU which manifests in a server crash. All these things are simply the result of such an advanced system as ours, and we're working around the clock to get them resolved. There should never be a situation where you are not in full control of your spaceman.

"We hope this insight helps you appreciate the incredibly immersion and fidelity we've baked into our product from the very start. See you in the 'Verse!"

I can't tell if you are joking or if this is real.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkJnd9rSAQ8

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

I think when I posted the comment on the stream that got me banned, hobo glared at the camera :haw:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

fuctifino posted:

Jesus Christ, you are right - pay careful attention to Lando's feet as :lesnick: moves

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Like 200 pages ago I gave up and just hit last post.

There were still 75 posts left.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

The Saddest Robot posted:

I can't tell if you are joking or if this is real.

Everything about Star Citizen is Poe's Law personified

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Excellent! Maybe we can get a handful of threadmen together to be dumb in Plague New York or whatever that game's about.

Password confirmation phrase is "snodgrass"

I was really interested in this game, but all I've been hearing lately is how Ubi has significantly scaled back the game, in terms of explorable area, and increased the grind factor. Kinda killing my desire to poke at it. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think of it.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Grondoth posted:

Like 200 pages ago I gave up and just hit last post.

There were still 75 posts left.

We posted cat pix and shared recipes. Bootcha almost burned the place down again during another cooking lesson. Pgabz's neighbor died. :( Also, the game is not out yet.

There, now you're caught up.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
:lesnick: honestly looks like he weighs in the 550-750 range. I'd worry for him if he hadn't become such a vile and toxic influence on the community.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Berious posted:

Everything about Star Citizen is Poe's Law personified

I won't lie. I was kind of sad when I went to RSI's website and couldn't find it.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Wulfling posted:

I was really interested in this game, but all I've been hearing lately is how Ubi has significantly scaled back the game, in terms of explorable area, and increased the grind factor. Kinda killing my desire to poke at it. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think of it.

I played a multiplayer build at PAX and utterly crushed some Youtube celebrities so I'll always look at it fondly. I'll figure out if I want to buy the game from the beta though, I'm not too hot about it with the decreased scope in the news.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wulfling posted:

I hadn't been following it at all, but hearing that it's being scaled back is already a little disappointing. When the beta opens I'll poke around in it and let you know.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

54:23 on that stream is when hobolad saw my comment and I actually got a reaction.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
So what will this game have that say, EVE doesn't?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

seeing this grotesque in this thread has helped me lose weight. Every time I think of eating something unhealthy I think of this wobbling bowl of poo poo and think, "do I really want to turn into this pile of blubber and failing organs and die of explosive diabetes at the age of 40".

thanks star citizen!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Wulfling posted:

:lesnick: honestly looks like he weighs in the 550-750 range. I'd worry for him if he hadn't become such a vile and toxic influence on the community.

That's 250kg - 340kg or 39-53 stone for European peeps

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Birds?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
You know what's more disgusting? Think of the smell from his fat folds that must have released.

Mick Jaggoff
Sep 11, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

DREAMS

also birds

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:yikes:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

fuctifino posted:

using the rebound of the arm-rest to appear as if he is moving

so fat that he can only grasp the tips of his fingers

everything about him is revolting.

:barf:

edit: oh yeah and his glaucoma/glass eye and weird rear end dentures. this man is a mess and i have no sympathy at all because of what he does for CIG on a daily basis.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 23, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Doors. After all, if there's anything EVE is famous for, it's its non-working door.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tippis posted:

Doors. After all, if there's anything EVE is famous for, it's its non-working door.

dont forget high fidelity toilets

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Agrajag posted:

dont forget high fidelity toilets

Come to think of it, if we allow “not X” on the list, there's tons of stuff that SC will have over EVE.
A non-economy.
A non-dynamic world.
A non-expansive universe.
…etc…

This is obviously all intended and much better because.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Star Citizen: There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

53 different space scarves.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The incredibly talented and multiple award-winning Sandi Gardiner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Scruffpuff posted:

Star Citizen: There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

^^ Any other title beyond this point is unacceptable.

• Locked thread