Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Phoon posted:

I've lost the hammer head from my iron ancestor send help

IIRC the Urban Pattern one comes with the original's arms as well as its own, so you could grab one of them! I'd offer the spare from mine, but I've got a couple ideas in mind for using it in a conversion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I've got an urban pattern that I built and painted already. I have no idea where its spare arms went but I will look around for them

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Roughly how many points are the battlegroups? I've backed at the $235 level and I'm thinking Enforcers + FF + Asterians, since I'm excited about all three factions, and that gives me a good amount of variety for getting other people into the game. Haven't decided yet on my free vehicle, probably the Asterian flyer if it gets unlocked, otherwise the FF tank.

I heard someone mentioning that the battlezones actually aren't a massive savings compared to just buying them retail, is that true? I'm thinking about adding on the landing pad sprue, since I'm also probably going to get the Deadzone starter before the Warpath KS ships next year, so I'll already have the terrain from that.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

All the battlegroups (apart from the vehicle ones of course) seem to be around the 1000-1100 point mark if you build them bone standard, though it looks like maybe they'll get up to 1300-1500 with more unlocks? Ajax isn't pointed at the moment, and it's added next, along with another Iron Ancestor for the Dwarves @ 170pts standard.

Also you're better off getting the battlezones from a retail discounter like Miniature Market or Weyland, or whatever you have in your area, you'll get them sooner and cheaper by 5-10%, they're priced high so as not to annoy retailers.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 5, 2015

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So they've announced GCPS rather than going for the Asterian flyer, but haven't really offered anything concrete like shots of renders or anything like that. I dunno why but I can't shake the distinct feeling that they're putting the cart before the horse on this one and really stretching themselves thin.

The Corporation battlegroup includes:

30 GCPS Troopers.
2 tripod mounted Heavy Weapon Teams, which includes an additional 5-man plastic sprue and some metal parts to make the crew and an Engineer
1 Corporation Major-General figure
1 Strider (that can be built in Corporation, Enforcer, Plague or Rebs varieties)
And very quickly afterwards, a $15 Corporation Mule Transport (see next stretch goal below!)

They've also mentioned Marauder auxiliaries in the most recent update, but nothing on whether or not they'll be included at all in the KS.

Drone fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 5, 2015

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

All the Marauders they mention were in the first deadzone ks, they may be made available as add ons on wednesday, or added to the corporation group but I don't think they'll be funding any new models.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I really like the looks of that GCPS truck.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I really hope they fire-sale the old Corporation Marines in this, I'd love to pick up a few dozen.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

I'm not sure why I'm so cold on the GCPS. No new art, probably. Would be nice to get some indication that Veterans/Rangers/Marines all look at least a bit distinct. Hopefully we'll get that art soon, or an indication if any of the heavy weapons teams will end up looking much different.

The not-warthog looks pretty cool, though I probably would have preferred it either being a tad shorter or a tad longer. Hopefully it gets a variant like the others that's a bit more heavily armored, just for some variety.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

parabolic posted:

I'm not sure why I'm so cold on the GCPS. No new art, probably. Would be nice to get some indication that Veterans/Rangers/Marines all look at least a bit distinct. Hopefully we'll get that art soon, or an indication if any of the heavy weapons teams will end up looking much different.

The not-warthog looks pretty cool, though I probably would have preferred it either being a tad shorter or a tad longer. Hopefully it gets a variant like the others that's a bit more heavily armored, just for some variety.

The Rangers are pretty different to the Marines/Veterans in restic, though the photography on the website really doesn't show that off. They have different rifles, different, enclosed helmets, and drop packs. Only shared components are the torso/legs pieces and the special weapon sprues for flamers etc. They really should've had individual-trooper pics up so you could actually tell.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Hm. Well then hopefully there are enough upgrades on a particular sprue to support sufficiently distinct units. Makes sense, given the Steel Warriors upgrades. It would be a huge bummer to try to cobble restic Rangers into the mix. I am bullish on Warpath, but death to restic troopers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Finally tapped over 330k

I feel like the 350 and 365 are the last two we get until the last 48 hour rush

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I guess these posts have made me a little weary of Mantic restic. Though honestly I'm still not sure what the major differences are between the casting materials. I guess hard plastic is good and restic is bad and resin has its place?

I wonder if I haven't worked with restic before. As I mentioned before, I got one of the old elf army boxes from before the Kings of War 2 kickstarter. Everything has mold lines all the way around, which is annoying, but overall the models are alright and easy to chop up as necessary. Is this restic?

For reference, here are the mostly completed Seaguard.

If these are restic I'm not super worried then.

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 6, 2015

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
I know next to nothing about Mantic games but I'm pretty stoked for some Squats and Space rats.

From reading it looks like if I up my $235 pledge by say, $75 to $310 I could get 4 battlegroups, correct?

If so how stupid would it be to double up on Forge Father and Veermyn battlegroups? Or should I do 1 battlegroup of each and then 1 vehicle battlegroup for each? Not sure what makes the most savings from a 'getting the most from your $$' perspective and also what will be viable in the game. (I'm assuming that the vehicle battlegroups and the troop battlegroups for the same faction are considered 2 separate battlegroups)

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I'm not even sure if battlegroup is an in game term for unit organization or strictly a marketing term for bulk troop purchases.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Strictly marketing.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

I'm actually pretty excited for Warpath, since the setting seems to be a bit of Rogue Trader, a bit of Warzone and a whole lot of VOID. The Plague are basically Dark Legion x Genestealers x Koralon, and that's awesome.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I like that the Warpath universe seems to be an updated 40k: where 40k was a satire of 80s Thatcherism, Warpath satirizes modern neoliberal capitalism. Also rat people and space dorfs, which rule.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Siege Strider needs a redesign badly, with that stupid camera on top it just looks like a fat dude with a beer gut

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Yeah, I like that Warpath basically is a modern take on the 40k satire concept. It's a pretty neat setting from what I've read, and I really really appreciate that it's NOT just war going on.

I also super love that there will be both men and women on the GCPS trooper sprue. That's really refreshing compared to, say, GW's total lack of female Guard despite their presence in the fluff. I'm not sure how much GCPS I'll end up with compared to Enforcers or Asterians, but I definitely want enough for DZ (DZ forces are small enough to collect every faction :3)

I rather disagree with Invictus on the Siege Strider. I think it looks great!

EDIT: Oh hell yes. Mantic confirmed that the GCPS troopes will have gender-neutral bodies (becuase armor) with both male and female heads available. Rock on.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 6, 2015

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
My coworkers rebs starter came in the mail today in a case so I had to check the fine print and there it was:

"No one likes the coffee-flavoured rebels."

And as an extra bonus, another guys enforcer starter has the hard plastic sprue instead of the old models.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Esser-Z posted:

EDIT: Oh hell yes. Mantic confirmed that the GCPS troopes will have gender-neutral bodies (becuase armor) with both male and female heads available. Rock on.
I think the Siege Strider looks like it could look cool on the table or look terrible. Concept art, even renders like that, leave a lot to the imagination.

I think I'll buy at least a sprue of troopers even though I'm still pretty sold on Enforcer/Asterian

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Esser-Z posted:

"There's no such thing, and Mantic's failure to understand this is why the Pathfinders look like arse. At least if this was another all-male kit it wouldn't actively hurt the chances of getting a competently designed female kit in the future."

Tit plate and pin up hips, it's the Dakka way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Esser-Z posted:

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

NTRabbit posted:

"There's no such thing, and Mantic's failure to understand this is why the Pathfinders look like arse. At least if this was another all-male kit it wouldn't actively hurt the chances of getting a competently designed female kit in the future."

Alex Holker. Has to be Alex Holker?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Good thing it doesn't have a head!

NTRabbit posted:

These people have never looked at a woman in full military gear, have they? Like, a real person.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 6, 2015

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Esser-Z posted:

These people have never looked at a woman in full military gear, have they? Like, a real person.
Nope!

They also don't know what heels do or how breasts behave under clothing. I like a sexy mini or two mixed into the bunch, but the Pathfinders look cool to me so I'm probably too happy in the medium.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Daedleh posted:

Alex Holker. Has to be Alex Holker?

Chicken dinner

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Esser-Z posted:

Good thing it doesn't have a head!
That's just the thing though. Having that little camera thing on top makes it look like it has a robo pinhead.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Captain Invictus posted:

That's just the thing though. Having that little camera thing on top makes it look like it has a robo pinhead.

You can build it without that bit. It's just a new addition to several different decorative bits you can put on the shoulders.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The other Striders already established where the 'head' is, that's basically a hat.

I may have asked before, but Is there any way to get the TK Dark Knights? I found a five-pack of the ones from the first KS, but they never seemed to have made it to general release.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Trying to shop for minis without knowing how much they cost in game is nerve wracking. I guess I should be glad I won't be able to actually afford this stuff till I get Christmas money

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm not seeing it, sorry!

Speaking of heels, I really hope the guy in the KS comments asking for little heels he could attach to the female troopers' boots was joking, because that's such a ridiculous idea.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

signalnoise posted:

Trying to shop for minis without knowing how much they cost in game is nerve wracking. I guess I should be glad I won't be able to actually afford this stuff till I get Christmas money

http://manticblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Warpath-KS-Alpha-06-101.pdf

New Mass Battle alpha, adds Asterian and GCPS (with Marauder mercs) lists, but no points for any of the Asterians yet.

They've also turned a few things on their head - Asterians are now the most elite, as all their infantry are 3 to a stand instead of 5, and Forge Fathers are weaker than Enforcers per team.

Also Mule for scale

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 6, 2015

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Mule feels a little undersized if it's supposed to carry ten dudes, but I really like it overall.

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm not even sure if battlegroup is an in game term for unit organization or strictly a marketing term for bulk troop purchases.

So other than the duplicate named characters do you guys think it would be stupid to up my pledge from $235 to $310 so I could get 2 forge father and 2 veer-myn battlegroups?

Or do you think I should do 1 forge father, 1 forge father vehicles, 1 veer-myn and 1 veer-myn vehicle group?

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Or you could skip out on the vehicles, double up on one team and buy a few extra of the 20 for $20 troops to flesh out the other side. I'm really not sure how integral vehicles are to the system yet but I'd hope footslogging would be just as viable.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

NTRabbit posted:

http://manticblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Warpath-KS-Alpha-06-101.pdf

New Mass Battle alpha, adds Asterian and GCPS (with Marauder mercs) lists, but no points for any of the Asterians yet.

They've also turned a few things on their head - Asterians are now the most elite, as all their infantry are 3 to a stand instead of 5, and Forge Fathers are weaker than Enforcers per team.

Also Mule for scale

Thanks for linking that, I read the first release and haven't reviewed it since. I did notice the Accuser Interceptor is taken in units of 2-3 so as it stands in the alpha the free vehicle in the $125+tiers won't be legally fieldable on its own. Which is odd.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
That's a typo - taking vehicle formations is optional, you can definitely take a single.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

EdBlackadder posted:

Thanks for linking that, I read the first release and haven't reviewed it since. I did notice the Accuser Interceptor is taken in units of 2-3 so as it stands in the alpha the free vehicle in the $125+tiers won't be legally fieldable on its own. Which is odd.

Likewise for the walkers coming 1 at a time in Heracles and the battlegroups. It probably will be in Firefight though, I don't think any walkers or vehicles will come more than one at a time in those rules.