Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

No no no:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cast in the name of God Ye not Guilty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7_Od9CmTu0

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still don't understand this one. I mean, I get the counter group made against the first one but why seedless watermelon?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'll always appreciate that someone in Japan saw Batman TAS and thought "what if Bruce Wayne but a giant mecha?"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'll always appreciate that someone in Japan saw Batman TAS and thought "what if Bruce Wayne but a giant mecha?"

Also, let's steal the title song from Queen.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

RareAcumen posted:

I still don't understand this one. I mean, I get the counter group made against the first one but why seedless watermelon?

birth control?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

LordSaturn posted:

birth control?

Do you put the watermelon on the penis or in the vagina?

Either way will actually work as effective birth control, but they both have issues.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Shut up Meg posted:

Do you put the watermelon on the penis or in the vagina?

Either way will actually work as effective birth control, but they both have issues.

i used to go to church every sunday until i started eating seedless watermelon. now all i do is eat seedless watermelon, fornicate homosexually, smoke drugs, and take the lord's name in sloppy vain

my dad's a bishop / seeded watermelon farmer, you couldn't imagine how salty it's made him

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Because God made them with seeds. At least, that’s what it is for my aunt.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

tgacon posted:

Because God made them with seeds. At least, that’s what it is for my aunt.

I hope she's also boycotting all the varieties of bananas that are usually sold in supermarkets, God originally put seeds in them as well:

It's not like seedless watermelons are all that "unnatural" anyway, they're just a sterile hybrid of two other kinds of watermelons. Pretty much the equivalent of crossing a horse with a donkey to create a mule.

And even then the seeded watermelons you can get in stores are way different to how they looked centuries ago:
https://hyperallergic.com/226096/the-evolution-of-the-watermelon-captured-in-still-lifes/
.... which would also have been fairly different from how they originally looked in the wild before they were cultivated.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I doubt there are many fruits or vegetables readily available that haven't been fiddled with to make them more edible.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
We've been genetically engineering for as long as we've known that breeding stuff passes on traits.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Elfface posted:

We've been genetically engineering for as long as we've known that breeding stuff passes on traits.

Genetic engineering can be selective breeding, which humans have been since before agriculture, or it can be directly manipulating an organism's DNA, which has been going on for only a few decades. The former is mostly incremental and well understood, but the latter could have unexpected environmental effects we don't necessarily expect yet. The GMO crop is going to be processed by your body more or less exactly like the non-GMO equivalent, but, for example, introducing an immunity to a particular pest may let another pest that was kept in check by the first pest spread. And the relative speed of these changes may create scenarios where ecosystems limited by the rate of natural selection can't cope.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Genetic engineering can be selective breeding, which humans have been since before agriculture, or it can be directly manipulating an organism's DNA, which has been going on for only a few decades. The former is mostly incremental and well understood, but the latter could have unexpected environmental effects we don't necessarily expect yet. The GMO crop is going to be processed by your body more or less exactly like the non-GMO equivalent, but, for example, introducing an immunity to a particular pest may let another pest that was kept in check by the first pest spread. And the relative speed of these changes may create scenarios where ecosystems limited by the rate of natural selection can't cope.

This is all true, but it's not why anti-GMO people are against GMOs.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This is all true, but it's not why anti-GMO people are against GMOs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzEr23XJwFY

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I love that the first guy they interview who is dead seat against GMOs is holding a bag of kale which is a brassica cultivar, which was genetically modified from a wild cabbage ancestor (along with cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, kohlrabi, etc etc).

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Is the guy on the right the banana guy ?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

lol

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Not sure he maker of this image actually watched the film and saw how it ended.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Considering how many trucks I see with Imperial/Darth Vader stickers, it looks on purpose. Lost cause, and all that apologia.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

"but the bad guys have a cooler symbol and better uniforms" might as well be the epitaph for human civilization

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

There's a David Mitchell reference somewhere in there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bad guys always have the best looking uniforms. This is why when the next revolution starts I'm joining which ever side wears black socks with sandals.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Besesoth posted:

I can't decide whether this account is amazing or amazingly awful, so it goes here.

https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/1133469735226679296

I warned you bro!!!!

Detective No. 27 posted:

The best part is that the story is actually Dark City but mecha. Plus Asimov, 'cause why not.

If I remember right the animation studio actually did work on Batman TAS though so that definitely played a part too; the TAS Batmobile shows up as an easter egg at one point.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

John Murdoch posted:

I warned you bro!!!!

The best part is that the story is actually Dark City but mecha. Plus Asimov, 'cause why not.

If I remember right the animation studio actually did work on Batman TAS though so that definitely played a part too; the TAS Batmobile shows up as an easter egg at one point.

Wha, where?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nobody:

Anime: What if Batman TAS, except Bruce Wayne drives a giant mecha

Anime: Also Alfred is a robotic french maid

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Batman fuckin' loves giant mecha. He can't get enough of them.

Yes that last one is a dinosaur, and you'd better believe there was a tie-in animated movie

Sometimes he needs a bunch of Pacific Rim jaegers because all his supervillains get Godzillerized:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPtGfy5B8uE

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Data Graham posted:

Nobody:

Dorothy wasn't Alfred, Norman was Alfred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llcN25JcM3o

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Parrotine posted:

Wha, where?

There's a brief shot of a parking garage and one of the cars is patterned after the Batmobile.

Edit: I tried to sift through my old rear end anime poo poo because I swore I had it saved locally only for it to not matter cuz somebody else already uploaded it.

Data Graham posted:

Nobody:

No, Alfred is not a robot maid!!!!
:goonsay:

John Murdoch has a new favorite as of 17:44 on May 29, 2019

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bad guys always have the best looking uniforms. This is why when the next revolution starts I'm joining which ever side wears black socks with sandals.

uhhhh socks sandals khakis and a polo is the new nazi uniform.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKUCWJURpWU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Data Graham posted:

Nobody:

https://twitter.com/TrashCanDanpt3/status/1125981722095439872

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RareAcumen posted:

It's 'satire'.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RareAcumen posted:

That particular FB group is a parody mocking anti-abortion advocates.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I bet forcing himself to make a design for an all-ages audience was an interesting experiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Paladinus posted:

It's 'satire'.

I bet they have a Panoply of funny posts :haw: