Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I don't think I'm going to finish my BLU spell list. Grinding for spells was and is boring and tedious of the highest calibur, without any feedback if you get zip, and after getting absolute poo poo luck from Mind Blast and Glower, I don't want to do the other dungeons. It's not fun at all to do, period. Doesn't help that the rotation during levelling was slow as molasses the whole way through either.

I managed to get it to 50 to see the carnivale and...honestly, I don't think it was worth it. The Questline is really good and I do love it, but the Carnivale just doesn't really engage if I can't go whole hog breaking the game in two.

That said, I managed to get 5 whole levels for my chocobo during this time! :toot: If anyone is curious how bonkers the exp rise is, it's like 500~ exp for lv70 enemies versus 10k-20k exp depending if you have a chain for every enemy around the late 40s.

Xerophyte posted:

You can macro heel and place to the same button if you want. I don't have mine in front of me righ now but google says something like
code:
/pac Heel
/pac Place
/micon Place pet Eos

This is extremely useful, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Yapping Eevee posted:

I'm gonna need a gear/dye list for this, if you'd be so kind.

Head: Pince-nez
Chest: Plague Bringer's Coat
Gloves: Republican Signifer's Fingerless Gloves, dyed Dalamud Red
Legs: Anemos Sarouel
Feet: Scion Healer's Highboots

I kinda wish the coat was dyable, but it has enough red highlights that it works for RDM.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Have you logged in this week? BLU absolutely didn't bomb, lmao

What are you talking about? BLU absolutely bombed.

Have you not been outside of copperbell?

They bombed over and over and over and over...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The true merit of MMO content is definitely measured by if people play it immediately when it comes out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Goons think if they didn't like something surely it means nobody else did. With regards to BLU I mean. It did fine and will continue to do so.

As I said earlier I don't know about 'it will continue to do so.'

Right now it has an extremely bare minimum amount of content. They need to continue adding a lot of masked carnivale things for it to feel meaningful. When it has a lot more skills and challenges it'll probably be fine but right now it's about a week's distraction before you've seen everything it can do.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

Right now it has an extremely bare minimum amount of content. They need to continue adding a lot of masked carnivale things for it to feel meaningful. When it has a lot more skills and challenges it'll probably be fine but right now it's about a week's distraction before you've seen everything it can do.

A week of good content is better than more of bad content (Eureka).

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

it's like custom deliveries not something you're supposed to devote all your attention to, you build up to it over time and then once you're "done" come back for weeklies and see if you can beat your old times

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Verranicus posted:

A week of good content is better than more of bad content (Eureka).

Much as I hate Eureka, I'd rather do Eureka than grind for rng spell chances.

Throne of Bhalz
Dec 11, 2003

FFVI is my favorite Final Fantasy by a mile. Having recently returned to the game, I wanna go fight Phantom Train and Kefka. Should it still be reasonably easy to find a group and do so?

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

If you are in a goon FC, you can shout that you are a newbie who needs some help, and you should be able to find some people who'll be happy to run them with you. If you want to do it with pubbies, your queue will be longer, but it should still be possible without too much downtime.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Throne of Bhalz posted:

FFVI is my favorite Final Fantasy by a mile. Having recently returned to the game, I wanna go fight Phantom Train and Kefka. Should it still be reasonably easy to find a group and do so?

The normal modes are in the normal raid roulette, which don't seem to have very long queues at all.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Goons think if they didn't like something surely it means nobody else did. With regards to BLU I mean. It did fine and will continue to do so.

Um actually the opinions of myself and the small group of people I play with extrapolate perfectly onto the entire game population. I really can’t believe I need to explain this to you.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I hit 60 on my Weaver and started this custom delivery stuff. I went to this Crafting Optimizer website to see what it said and gently caress around with macros. From my limited experience, it seems like "Probabilistic Sim" gives unreliable results, while Monte Carlo is good at guaranteeing an HQ craft.

Also macros are like magic. I haven't used them at all until now, and it's crazy how I can just press a button and my character will craft the thing.

edit: It seems like 60-70 might actually be faster than 50-60 since you have both collectibles (which seem easier than GC turn-ins, at least on the wallet) and beast tribe quests.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 19, 2019

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
What if BST was a new gatherer class where you were a rancher and collected enemies?

Dumb idea I know but I kinda liked the thought, could involve housing barns. Probably entirely impractical though.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

But I made a kickin' rad glamour so in the end I'm happy because as always glamour is the true endgame.

I love this! Outfit information?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
This whole "Well they HAVE to scrap current Blue Mage and make it a real job thing!" idea going around now is kind of absurd

Like I get if you hate it, I got bored and stopped leveling it (for now) myself, but BLU would have had to have been a catastrophic failure for them to back down on it.

It's like when people were complaining about Eureka and Yoshi-P's answer was "We have the numbers, a ton of people do Eureka so we're going to keep doing it". Popular content is going to keep getting supported. Not everything is LoV or Diadem.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
You all keep using Verminion as an example and it's hurting my feelings :(

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Oh good I just did that and I'm glad how weird it felt to have him muster a force almost immediatly after he had to resort to manipulating Minfilia to get his way, might end up baring true. And that it's not just me being blinded by how sick I am of that little poo poo. And his weird fuckin shoes!
Well, good news: he's going to be in your party forever lmao, the game is convinced we really, really care about Alphinaud, and boy are they wrong.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I like Alphinaud more than Lyse, Fordola or Merlwyb and most other goon favourites. :shrug:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I would hope so, since he's gotten 3x the development of any of those you listed.

That said, it is pretty fun to see (mostly correct) impressions of ARR Alphinaud.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's easy to like someone who has been with you constantly for like 90% of the game. I don't think Merlwyb had a single bit of spoken dialogue in Stormwind.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Verranicus posted:

I like Alphinaud more than Lyse, Fordola or Merlwyb and most other goon favourites. :shrug:

How could anyone actually like Merlwyb. She does literally nothing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Femroe fetishists.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
She's pretty quick to shoot people, so I could see her being a bit more relatable than average for an American audience.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Verranicus posted:

Wait, when was Lyse ever a goon favorite?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Don't look at me, maybe when we thought she'd by a new class instead of just a monk?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

nyttyn posted:

Sadly I think the class's fate is going to be like lord of verminion - side content that bombs on release that they just abandon and leave there to rot. Not sure what the hell they were thinking with naming instant death as a reason they can't make the job a full class, then giving the class instant death, and then making bosses resist it anyway, but I don't think there's anything as emblematic of how much of a dumpster fire the class is then that.

Trash mobs exist.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

She's the leader of a pirate nation. People like the idea of her more so than the execution, which they haven't done anything with for some reason. Instead they focus on the potato princess and her gradually caving in to the capitalist class and how it's a good thing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Can't do anything wrong if you do literally nothing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

She does quite a lot, she's just not that involved with the main plot. Which makes her better, because she's a competent leader and not some moron getting hosed over by the Scions again and again, Raubahn.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Wayne Gretzky, probably posted:

Just pass the puck and let someone else miss.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Leal posted:

Femroe fetishists.

Yeah it's this.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Well, good news: he's going to be in your party forever lmao, the game is convinced we really, really care about Alphinaud, and boy are they wrong.

The Leveilleur twins are two of the most popular characters in the entire game at this point.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alphi is pure and good and I will not suffer Bad Opinions about him.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Alisaie is good and cool and the most likeable main female character since Yda.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

Alisaie is good and cool and the most likeable main female character since Yda.

i'm warming up to her but she's no krile

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

FactsAreUseless posted:

She does quite a lot, she's just not that involved with the main plot. Which makes her better, because she's a competent leader and not some moron getting hosed over by the Scions again and again, Raubahn.

???

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Is Y'shtola a better character than Alphinaud?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Countblanc posted:

i'm warming up to her but she's no krile

I refuse to do Eureka so I'm missing out on some Krile characterization or maybe I'd agree

Captain Cappy posted:

Is Y'shtola a better character than Alphinaud?

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

She's

Verranicus posted:

I refuse to do Eureka so I'm missing out on some Krile characterization or maybe I'd agree
All the Krile characterization is in the MSQ, barely anything happens in Eureka except she meets a mean potato