Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Dr Cheeto posted:

I think it's this one, but it's definitely Dance With the Dead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNg-E8jX2M

DWTD is my favorite retrowave artist since I heard Near Dark and I wish they were in a Hotline Miami game because they're so loving good. Dressed to Kill is my all time favorite song by them. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDF8b5I3NKw

Also Cheeto I'm glad you like DWTD. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Introducing the new weapon type: Sound. Special death animations includes cops raving to the grave or their heads popping to pure sonic booms. Update includes ability to change song midheist and the Ghetto Blaster cannot be reloaded after all the juice runs out from the current song. However, the weapon can be fully recharged with the next song loaded up in game.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 25, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I still don't know if I like the akimbo MP5s or Krinkovs more. The Krinkovs have better stats all around except for having half the ammo reserve but they also do twice as much damage. The MP5s just feel a lot more ammo efficient though.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Wilko posted:

All I do is make stupid poo poo now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxLYUFUPu2Y

Shadowrun spinoff game confirmed.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

watho posted:

I still don't know if I like the akimbo MP5s or Krinkovs more. The Krinkovs have better stats all around except for having half the ammo reserve but they also do twice as much damage. The MP5s just feel a lot more ammo efficient though.

On one end, the MP5s can be very effective bullet hoses. On the other, you can just magdump Krinkovs and kill just about anything, especially if you quadstack the mags.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Tried a crit flamethrower build for the first time and had fun on DW. On undercover I could control any stairwell or room for as long as I had ammo. I am amazed that infamy 10 and above players will play DW at level 42 with just 4 FAKs and CTV armor though. I can get the 0 infamy guy thinking 1 ECM is useful, even if he's level 98, but drat dude. You had to sink some time to get to infamy 10. Maybe use a med bag before you get 4 downs?

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Sounds of animals fighting achievement. Tried it solo with bots off and it did not work. Do you need 4 players?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Those mask achievements need 4 players, each wearing a different mask from the specified set of four, so yes, you need a full team

watho
Aug 2, 2013

clockworkjoe posted:

Tried a crit flamethrower build for the first time and had fun on DW. On undercover I could control any stairwell or room for as long as I had ammo. I am amazed that infamy 10 and above players will play DW at level 42 with just 4 FAKs and CTV armor though. I can get the 0 infamy guy thinking 1 ECM is useful, even if he's level 98, but drat dude. You had to sink some time to get to infamy 10. Maybe use a med bag before you get 4 downs?

The lowest that I've gotten a viable DW build to is ~62. Akimbo SMGs have made it so that when you can get Akimbo and Sneaky Bastard you're in a good place offensively and defensively but you don't have any utility what so ever. The new skill trees will completely change this though since at 48 you might be able to ace two capstones which will probably make you able to deal with DW if you know what you're doing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The lowest level at which I've run Deathwish was 55 I think? Just dump all the points into Enforcer for ICTV and you're done, DW viable.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

The lowest level at which I've run Deathwish was 55 I think? Just dump all the points into Enforcer for ICTV and you're done, DW viable.

Fugitive is probably the same level to be viable, I just happened to end up at around 60 last time I infamied and did a few heists.

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming
Hey quick Goonmod question. Since I was forced to restart my character I have none of my old mods which took me quite some time to get so I was wondering what file/files in goonmod I can modify to give me a bunch of gage coins when I finish collecting all the packs around a map?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I was bored and I did a thing. Glad to get it out of the way before the beta drops and I'll be busy doing all sorts of new stupid poo poo.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Flame thrower is super effective on diamond. It was good enough to carry a team before the buffs.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

BlackCircle posted:

Hey quick Goonmod question. Since I was forced to restart my character I have none of my old mods which took me quite some time to get so I was wondering what file/files in goonmod I can modify to give me a bunch of gage coins when I finish collecting all the packs around a map?
mods/gage_coins.lua, the line that reads:
code:
ExtendedInv:AddItem(GageCoins.CoinID, 1)
Change 1 to whatever.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Help me prioritize my perk deck completion, because I'm dumb.

Right now I have Crew Chief, Muscle, Rogue, Grinder, and Maniac. Which decks should I be focusing on next? I like to play with different builds, but also always seem to suck up a lot of damage because I'm terrible yet also a try hard.

Also, feel free to show me your Masterforceer builds.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Armorer

Edit: Burglar for stealth.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Yeah get Burglar for whatever stealth build you like and after that who gives a crap you're probably gonna use all of them similarly rarely

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
PROTIP: If leave at least one perk deck without points, you can bank enough points to insta-max new ones. This is probably a better idea than putting points into Hitman or Infiltrator.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
you don't even have to do that if you don't own one or more of the perk deck DLCs - your unpurchased perk deck counts as your bank of points. Also hitman is hilarious and should be maxed out, how wrong you are.

I mean, it should probably be last, but still. ICTV akimbo Compact-5s? :getin:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Infiltrator is an excellent deck, it hardly deserves being lumped in with Hitman.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

grancheater posted:

PROTIP: If leave at least one perk deck without points, you can bank enough points to insta-max new ones. This is probably a better idea than putting points into Hitman or Infiltrator.

Or Sociopath.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

bbcisdabomb posted:

Or Sociopath.

Sociopath is a good deck. :colbert: granted, it isn't amazing, but it isn't trash.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 25, 2016

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Yeah but you have to own Hotline Miami 2 to use it and ehhhhhhhhhh

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Specifically the special edition of HM2 to access it. I sort of and sort of don't blame them for not finally releasing that as a separate PD2 DLC pack for people to buy, but its also tied to Devolver's money as well.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Do you earn perk points for decks you don't own? I didn't think you could earn more than you could immediately spend.

Maxing out a single perk deck is pretty quick, no point in sandbagging and depriving yourself of a perk deck, even a bad one.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sociopath is the best perk deck :colbert:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Do you earn perk points for decks you don't own? I didn't think you could earn more than you could immediately spend.

Yeah I'm sitting on 27,400 points for two perk decks I'll never ever give a poo poo about.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Zigmidge posted:

Yeah I'm sitting on 27,400 points for two perk decks I'll never ever give a poo poo about.

But do you own the DLC for them?

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

hellfaucet posted:

Roll with a AR and a shotgun, and you can be invincible. Assumes infamy 5.

The remaining 12 skill points could go to aced Joker in Mastermind, aced Fully Loaded in Enforcer, or acing some of the lower tier skills in both.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Dr Cheeto posted:

You asked if you earn for decks you don't own, I said Yeah.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't own Dragan, and I can bank a full perk deck's worth of points despite having all the ones I own filled, so yeah, ones you don't own count. Basically, you can earn as many perk points as there are decks total.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

hellfaucet posted:

Help me prioritize my perk deck completion, because I'm dumb.

Right now I have Crew Chief, Muscle, Rogue, Grinder, and Maniac. Which decks should I be focusing on next? I like to play with different builds, but also always seem to suck up a lot of damage because I'm terrible yet also a try hard.

Ex President probably, definitely Burglar for stealth.

Also this with Muscle would probably suit your needs nicely.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Ex-President is basically the poor-man's grinder, except you can wear fatsuits with it too.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Concordat posted:

Ex-President is basically the poor-man's grinder, except you can wear fatsuits with it too.

If Grinder gets nerfed too much though, I might switch to ex-pres or even back to rogue. 14 FAKs plus the new auto-use of FAKs could make Rogue a better choice for DW.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
The nerf to muscle is that you won't regen hp while suppressed? What does that really even mean in this game? I wasn't even sure how it was a mechanic other than my armor simply refusing to start its regen fora long rear end time.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Tulip posted:

Flame thrower is super effective on diamon. It was good enough to carry a team before the buffs.

Grapplejack posted:

Sociopath is a good deck. :colbert: granted, it isn't amazing, but it isn't trash.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Hobold posted:

The nerf to muscle is that you won't regen hp while suppressed? What does that really even mean in this game? I wasn't even sure how it was a mechanic other than my armor simply refusing to start its regen fora long rear end time.

Being shot resets armor recovery is obvious. Nearly being shot also refreshes the delay and is the principal reason why the turret is more annoying than something you shouldn't stand in front of. It'll still hammer the piece of cover you're hiding behind. The hitman deck will cause your armor to recover regardless.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Hobold posted:

Suppression is basically whenever you're shot at. Which is all the time. So, that would mean you never heal.

It would be like that leadership bug which never gave you the recoil reduction if you were being suppressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
So... That Birth of Sky bug is actually pretty annoying. All it takes is at least two people each landing near different money pallets within a certain time window. At that point, triggering one flare triggers both flares, causing two Locke choppers to fly in. The heist is irreparably broken, then.