Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoblinBomb
Sep 19, 2004
Shit happens when you party naked.

Don Cojones posted:

Anyone know of a cheap decent looking antenna? I remember seeing a link to a smallish black one that cost like 12 bux but that was a while back.

I have a '94.

http://www.gomiata.com/miunthblan.html $20 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Cojones
Jul 11, 2001
That's fine. Thanks.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Blearghhhhhhhh just missed a $400 hard top by minutes. Emailed the craigslist poster about 20 minutes after the posting went up, and I was 2nd in line. Sorry this post is pointless but :argh:

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Piano posted:

Blearghhhhhhhh just missed a $400 hard top by minutes. Emailed the craigslist poster about 20 minutes after the posting went up, and I was 2nd in line. Sorry this post is pointless but :argh:

Yeah, I had to try a few times, before I got my $600 silver one. I was first in line of something like a dozen people who had called. The guy I bought it from was perplexed.

velocityJE
Jul 11, 2001

~ LOVE FOREVER ~

Shlomo Palestein posted:

Yeah, I had to try a few times, before I got my $600 silver one. I was first in line of something like a dozen people who had called. The guy I bought it from was perplexed.
i got one too

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

You have the same car as me, only my interior is black.

beatdown
Mar 6, 2007

Yeeeeah hardtop party. Got mine on my nearly perfect $1800 '91. Seller had just started to realize how much it was worth when I came to pick it up, he had people begging him to sell it separately.

velocityJE your latches look funny, is it just from being painted over or is it not a mazda oem?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Your hardtop (the NB) isn't on right. You need to get the frankenstein bolts into their proper place.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Screw you all and your hardtop bourgeoisie club.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Question for you NB hardtop guys - how much more livable does the hardtop make the car compared to the soft top up? I'm hoping the larger rear window will alleviate some of that claustrophobic feeling you get on the car with the soft top up.

The reason I ask is my father is wanting to downsize from two cars (an early NA and a Nissan Skyline) to one car that is smaller than the Skyline but better to daily drive than the NA. He loves the NA but hates driving it with the top up and at any rate its too old to be an only car.

His idea is to get a small hatchback like a Swift Sport or Fiesta ST but I'm trying to push him into at least considering an NB with hardtop.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
On the S2000 thing, how hard are they to work on? The Miata is an absolute pleasure to wrench on.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Phone posted:

Your hardtop (the NB) isn't on right. You need to get the frankenstein bolts into their proper place.

I think Phone is right. I would check that pronto.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

hardtop crew ahem

beatdown
Mar 6, 2007

dissss posted:

Question for you NB hardtop guys - how much more livable does the hardtop make the car compared to the soft top up? I'm hoping the larger rear window will alleviate some of that claustrophobic feeling you get on the car with the soft top up.

The reason I ask is my father is wanting to downsize from two cars (an early NA and a Nissan Skyline) to one car that is smaller than the Skyline but better to daily drive than the NA. He loves the NA but hates driving it with the top up and at any rate its too old to be an only car.

His idea is to get a small hatchback like a Swift Sport or Fiesta ST but I'm trying to push him into at least considering an NB with hardtop.

Mines the early NA style on an NA, but its basically the same. The road noise is blocked out quite a bit compared to soft top, but its still much louder than your run of the mill sedan. Don't expect miracles here.

The wrap around rear window is amazing though. It gives you side visibility that's nearly as good as having the top down. It has better side/rear visibility than just about any car I've driven. It does also make the interior feel much larger.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

beatdown posted:

Mines the early NA style on an NA, but its basically the same. The road noise is blocked out quite a bit compared to soft top, but its still much louder than your run of the mill sedan. Don't expect miracles here.

The wrap around rear window is amazing though. It gives you side visibility that's nearly as good as having the top down. It has better side/rear visibility than just about any car I've driven. It does also make the interior feel much larger.

Cheers that was what I was looking for. I'm not so concerned about noise as to the feel of the car with the hardtop on as to be honest its kinda crap with the soft top.

Anyway I've tracked down a decent looking NB with the hardtop, 1.8 and six speed at local dealer so I'll make sure he goes to look at it. I can't help but think even a fairly hot hatch is going to prove a disappointment after a while.

crutt
Sep 13, 2003
Hamhock Captain.

dissss posted:

I loved mine so much I ripped out the soft top and threw it in the dumpster. I have an NB with a later na hardtop, so I haven't wired the defroster yet. Without the soft top back there its like another mini trunk!

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

crutt posted:

hardtop crew ahem

winter mode ahem

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Winter mode, you say?

:smugbert:

edit: I should get a new picture where I have all my center caps on.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

^^^^^^^^^^^gently caress you and your nice weather! Just kidding, it's been pretty awesome in the STL area lately weather wise, had the top down couple days ago.

Replaced the CAS oil seal today. I bumped the little tooth thing when taking it out of its housing so I didn't really get the chance to mark it off. Tried to estimate where it is.. took like 4 hours all together of loving with it, getting frustrated, chilling out, going back to it.:argh: Good thing I probably won't have to do it again. Then again this was bad planning because I need to replace the valve cover gasket(since it's leaking oil) and could've much more easily done the CAS o ring thing then. Oh well.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2caCLlSYOA
5:00

destructo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 11, 2010

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Corvette Corvette Corvette Corvette Corvette Corvette BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MIATA BWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Learn how to manipulate youtube links.

Also, hi emilio!!!~~

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Phone posted:

Learn how to manipulate youtube links.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StCoClvLb4Y&t=0m31s

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
No stupid, it's half miata, half bear, half pig

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Did anyone see this thread? http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=399867

I am convinced the previous owner just died or something, haha, that's so bizarre.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

dreesemonkey posted:

No stupid, it's half miata, half bear, half pig

I see and raise you..

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Apparently not :420:

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
I am not humanly capable of passing a good deal when I see one. I must make profit on cars at all times.

I found a rare '93 Limited Edition (1 of 1500) on craigslist for $1,700 and had to buy it. I'm going to clean it up, fix a few things, and see if I can get $3,000 for it.

it is also to be noted that the Miata is a very practical car.

For those not aware of the details on the Limited Edition model, check here:

http://www.miata93le.com/About_LE.htm

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

You can probably get some retard on clubroadster.net to swap his interior with yours and pay you $1000.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Well, I have been reading this thread all week since I was in the market for a new car. Today I joined the ranks of goon Miata owners with a '96 Montego Blue NA with 83,000 milers. The paint isn't perfect and the weather stripping needs some loving but I think I got an okay deal at $3575.

The dealership didn't have any maintenance records so I plan to do the timing belt and water pump in the spring.

It seems to be a base model with the power steering package and a factory spoiler. I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great info that helped me make an informed decision when looking at cars.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

8th-samurai posted:

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great info that helped me make an informed decision when looking at cars.

Do I need four doors? If no, answer = Miata.

destructo
Apr 29, 2006

Piano posted:

You can probably get some retard on clubroadster.net to swap his interior with yours and pay you $1000.

This is actually a miata.net thing :v:

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
Hardtop club!

Before I got it:

After I got it:

I still have the hardtop. The only time it comes off is when I autocross or I put it in the middle of the living room to go for a drive.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Why is it that whenever I see a miata at an autocross they always have their headlights up?

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!

Tactical Bonnet posted:

Why is it that whenever I see a miata at an autocross they always have their headlights up?

It opens freer, cooler airflow to the air filter. Perhaps a miniscule difference, but some very good drivers that I know swear by it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Besides, you lose the "WHEEEEE I'M HUNTING CONES" look with the lights down.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Sockington posted:

Do I need four doors? If no, answer = Miata.

Well when I say "cars" mean basically mean Miatas.

Brain Issues
Dec 16, 2004

lol

IOwnCalculus posted:

Besides, you lose the "WHEEEEE I'M HUNTING CONES" look with the lights down.

The two popped up headlights look like the sight of a handgun, except instead of helping you shoot people they help with hitting the apex.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Brain Issues posted:

The two popped up headlights look like the sight of a handgun, except instead of helping you shoot people they help with hitting the apex.

This brings up another ridiculous thing, how many people have said "I can't see anything with these pop-ups!!" Where the gently caress are you looking at? Do you only look at your god drat bumper when driving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

The way to work today, my head unit decided it wasn't going to tolerate my cassette adaptor anymore. Can anyone recommend a good(dirt cheap) head unit with aux in, maybe a USB port, as well as a decent dash kit with a stuff bin? In an ideal world the total for head unit+dash kit is <$100.

Tactical Bonnet fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 14, 2010