Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Ynglaur posted:

That brings up a good question: what is the longest booty run you've ever made in Eve? How many jumps to get that One Special Module/Ship/Frozen Corpse/Whatever?

I really can't be bothered to go more than 10 jumps to buy something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Ynglaur posted:

That brings up a good question: what is the longest booty run you've ever made in Eve? How many jumps to get that One Special Module/Ship/Frozen Corpse/Whatever?

one time I went from geminate to fountain all on blue JBs ; early 2011 was a weird time (lol@old NC getting it's poo poo kicked in)

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

one time I went from geminate to fountain all on blue JBs ; early 2011 was a weird time (lol@old NC getting it's poo poo kicked in)

Wasn't geminate owned by some weird neutral group with ties to the NC but not actually in? I do remember using the jump bridge highway to shuttle ships down through TEST jb's to kill TEST pets though. 2013 was funny year.

EDIT: This of course is the new style JB highway I'm talking about where you had to gate between bridges. Going bridge to bridge (You had to take a single jump into J5A) was pretty wild but holy poo poo did entire stretches of that route go dry on fuel often. I remember getting stranded en route in PB many a time and having to take 16 jumps to the nearest forward on the chain connector. Major pain in the dick.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 7, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

Wasn't geminate owned by some weird neutral group with ties to the NC but not actually in? I do remember using the jump bridge highway to shuttle ships down through TEST jb's to kill TEST pets though. 2013 was funny year.

EDIT: This of course is the new style JB highway I'm talking about where you had to gate between bridges. Going bridge to bridge (You had to take a single jump into J5A) was pretty wild but holy poo poo did entire stretches of that route go dry on fuel often. I remember getting stranded en route in PB many a time and having to take 16 jumps to the nearest forward on the chain connector. Major pain in the dick.

geminate/vale were mostly split between RAGE and majesta, two shitlord "space democracy" alliances which were in the NC, and then some associated not-NC alliances, like BR1CK, which AFAIK were a lot of ex-ATLAS and they wanted to fight the russian (again)

the old goon/nc/test jb network was insane (when you could have 2 JBs/system), and you could rip around space

2011 was a weird time though, the NC was coming down off a 10-month streak of being the uncontested superpower of EVE, and within a few months the map would go from this:

to this:

this period was the age of "supercaps online," and PL/RUS really showed just how effective they could be

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Brick was who I was thinking of, and I'm refusing to use the 1 on principle. I thought majesta was in tenal, but I don't care enough to actually go look :v:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I forgot how far I've had to burn across k space for stuff. I know we did at least 20 jumps once for a pos bash

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
old NC was absolutely stupid and had insane amounts of rules for everything, unless you were in the MM or RZR leadership

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
I've gone 40+ jumps in a deathroam that devolved into shooting an astrahus of random alliance in provi

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://zkillboard.com/kill/58038888/
:shittypop:

Maybe he shows shows off by letting other miners cargoscan him :v:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
nobody cares

Kritisch The Scrub
Apr 1, 2015

Meat_Grinder posted:

My question is: Is it worth it for me to leave the cuddly quiet Proviblock and join the GSF? How is your management? I'm really not cool with incompetent people at the steering wheel. I'm interested in Exploration and Scouting. I got Mumble and CTS access, can TS or Discord as well. When my bro flew with Big, they had a really neat system of rewards for scouting. What do you guys have that makes you better than others?

Join Goons (Read: SNOO), speak to myself or really anyone in Karmafleet coms about Exploration and you will find out quickly what wonders await. You like exploring? take a leap and explore GSF.

P.S. Read the loving forums before you show your rear end. Also Faud is love, Faud is life.

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Just some hot rear end Steve online action

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

geminate/vale were mostly split between RAGE and majesta, two shitlord "space democracy" alliances which were in the NC, and then some associated not-NC alliances, like BR1CK, which AFAIK were a lot of ex-ATLAS and they wanted to fight the russian (again)

the old goon/nc/test jb network was insane (when you could have 2 JBs/system), and you could rip around space

2011 was a weird time though, the NC was coming down off a 10-month streak of being the uncontested superpower of EVE, and within a few months the map would go from this:
to this:

this period was the age of "supercaps online," and PL/RUS really showed just how effective they could be

I was there for all of this ya big dummy.

EDIT: I remember when you got set R/O during a SOTG QA session :laugh:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Meat_Grinder posted:

So, I've been playing this game lazily since July. I'm very much into intel. Did my research before subbing and spec'd into Exploring right away. Joined a shiny new corp in Derelik couple days in, which turned out to be a complete clusterfuck.

First days are good, I get contacted by some active PVP neighbor corp, pretend to be an idiot and feed him a ton of BS implying that we have a parent corp, even though we're a complete indie, my CEO ignores the guy completely. Then the usual happens. We get slapped with wardecs left and right, CEO nowhere to be seen, miners get podded daily. Quarter of the corp ragequits, while I attempt to retrain a portion of the remaining people into lowsec/wormhole exploration and succeed with 8 of them. Wardeccers don't follow us into lowsec, so we are weirdly "safe" (ship loss is still high, but nowhere near the wardec ratios and they're making a fuckton more ISKs than when mining). My boys scavenge north of Derelik dry. PVP slightly recedes. CEO shows up with a fkin battleplan, wants noobs to tackle a 6-yr old active char wardeccer. We train, assemble in full force, he just sits in the station. We end up fighting another guy later on, and get completely mowed down in our noob ships. Half of the peeps are miner chars at that point, with zero battle skills. The other half is my guys. CEO turns out to be a complete dick and tries to humiliate and then kick one of the members because said member criticized him. I stand up to him. He drops me. I join another corp, a part of Proviblock. More than half of the old corp people leave with me when they learn about the fuckery. Old CEO wardecs the new corp and gets really salty. I feed the corp intel to my friendly PVP contact just in case. Another quarter of old corp leaves to join pirate corps, but still wants to stay friends with us. We mow down the old corp's Citadels. Old CEO ragequits.

My question is: Is it worth it for me to leave the cuddly quiet Proviblock and join the GSF? How is your management? I'm really not cool with incompetent people at the steering wheel. I'm interested in Exploration and Scouting. I got Mumble and CTS access, can TS or Discord as well. When my bro flew with Big, they had a really neat system of rewards for scouting. What do you guys have that makes you better than others?

H O L E S Q U A D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gS05lWy9Ko

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Hole Squad got shat on by Boat in the tournament, real poo poo status = in question

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 44 hours!)

nex posted:

Hole Squad got shat on by Boat in the tournament, real poo poo status = in question

Usually it's Bomberwaffe getting poo poo on by DBRB so this is just him picking on easier targets.

Wealthy Aristocrat
Dec 12, 2016

RhoA posted:

I really can't be bothered to go more than 10 jumps to buy something.

I once went 25 jumps for some veldspar because it was 1 ISK cheaper than in my current location. " DEATH TO TAXES"

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Wealthy Aristocrat posted:

I once went 25 jumps for some veldspar because it was 1 ISK cheaper than in my current location. " DEATH TO TAXES"

That made me remember when I first started, I ended up flying each ship back and forth and every last trash item because I was trying to get the best value per sale rather than look at profit as a function of time. I think it took me a few hours and maybe netted me an extra million.... maybe :cripes:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Awhile ago someone posted about some skills untraining since the patch. I just noticed some skills I am 90% sure I had trained on a character that seem to not be trained to v.

Was this an actual bug?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Awhile ago someone posted about some skills untraining since the patch. I just noticed some skills I am 90% sure I had trained on a character that seem to not be trained to v.

Was this an actual bug?

What skills untrained for you?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bunch of int/Mem skillls I feel like I trained before I moved off my int/Mem remap. Thermodynamics v, sensor comp v's graviton physics v

The problem is I can't 100%remember because I have~180m sp on this character plus my other guys and it's hard to remember what I trained but I did map to int/Mem for a year to train this poo poo

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Just petition it and see, at the very worst you'll get a ~the logs show nothing™~

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Bunch of int/Mem skillls I feel like I trained before I moved off my int/Mem remap. Thermodynamics v, sensor comp v's graviton physics v

The problem is I can't 100%remember because I have~180m sp on this character plus my other guys and it's hard to remember what I trained but I did map to int/Mem for a year to train this poo poo

Of those, only grav physics v even makes sense to me, but that's also because I fly tackle and occasionally use a HIC. I prefer dictors though (warp speed rigged because loooooool).

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

iospace posted:

Of those, only grav physics v even makes sense to me, but that's also because I fly tackle and occasionally use a HIC. I prefer dictors though (warp speed rigged because loooooool).

Thermodynamics V is nice if you overheat stuff at all. Sensor comps probably don't really matter much these days.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

frozenphil posted:

Thermodynamics V is nice if you overheat stuff at all. Sensor comps probably don't really matter much these days.

Have they ever mattered?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Wasn't the sensor comp skills that tiny edge that pushed rainbow ECM ships into uselessness?

They're pretty low rank anyway....

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
They do when you lose tackle off EC-300s. :negative:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want to see a titan get jammed by ec-300s just for the comedy value

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
five flights of ECM drones can get pretty mean in a small fleet setting.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

The Slack Lagoon posted:

The main incidents with broken SP in the last while have been:
1. drone skills getting hosed up when they split / moved skills around due to someone being :ccp: with their SQL operation. Only hit drone skills.
2. a problem a year ago with skill queues, related to BIAB rollout. It delayed skills that were in training and lost accelerator time, but not anything that was already finished.
3. something just recently that turned out to be a display bug, no SP actually got lost, can't really remember what it was.

so I think it's pretty likely you're mis-remembering or have the wrong character or something, but you can petition anyways. maybe they'll give you SP just because!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

iospace posted:

Have they ever mattered?

Kinda nice for booster ships/mission runners hoping to dodge scan probes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

frozenphil posted:

Kinda nice for booster ships/mission runners hoping to dodge scan probes.

Point. Didn't someone find out that even with maxed out scanning it was impossible to directly probe down a golem in bastion due to the sensor strength boost?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

iospace posted:

Point. Didn't someone find out that even with maxed out scanning it was impossible to directly probe down a golem in bastion due to the sensor strength boost?

i think the hardest thing to possibly scan down is scannable with a bonused ship and max skills without implants needed.

Distracted
Jun 9, 2010

iospace posted:

I used to just chalk it up to my own laziness. I always locked down their location by pinging their drones.

Distracted
Jun 9, 2010

Meat_Grinder posted:

So, I've been playing this game lazily since July. I'm very much into intel. Did my research before subbing and spec'd into Exploring right away. Joined a shiny new corp in Derelik couple days in, which turned out to be a complete clusterfuck.

First days are good, I get contacted by some active PVP neighbor corp, pretend to be an idiot and feed him a ton of BS implying that we have a parent corp, even though we're a complete indie, my CEO ignores the guy completely. Then the usual happens. We get slapped with wardecs left and right, CEO nowhere to be seen, miners get podded daily. Quarter of the corp ragequits, while I attempt to retrain a portion of the remaining people into lowsec/wormhole exploration and succeed with 8 of them. Wardeccers don't follow us into lowsec, so we are weirdly "safe" (ship loss is still high, but nowhere near the wardec ratios and they're making a fuckton more ISKs than when mining). My boys scavenge north of Derelik dry. PVP slightly recedes. CEO shows up with a fkin battleplan, wants noobs to tackle a 6-yr old active char wardeccer. We train, assemble in full force, he just sits in the station. We end up fighting another guy later on, and get completely mowed down in our noob ships. Half of the peeps are miner chars at that point, with zero battle skills. The other half is my guys. CEO turns out to be a complete dick and tries to humiliate and then kick one of the members because said member criticized him. I stand up to him. He drops me. I join another corp, a part of Proviblock. More than half of the old corp people leave with me when they learn about the fuckery. Old CEO wardecs the new corp and gets really salty. I feed the corp intel to my friendly PVP contact just in case. Another quarter of old corp leaves to join pirate corps, but still wants to stay friends with us. We mow down the old corp's Citadels. Old CEO ragequits.

Yeah man just PM Scooter McCabe in game with a link to your post history and he'll get you sorted.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Yea, I started training some skills to 5 because I have run out of things to train, being around 180M sp. All subcap ship skills (including marauders) to 5, all small and medium gun/missile spec at 5, etc.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

The glitch was that when the last release happened, it reset a lot of skills that were in training back to the beginning. I had HaC 10 days from completion when the patch hit and it started over. They recently went back and awarded unallocated skill points to all my characters that were affected. It was just a few days ago, so HAC 5 was almost done again and now I finished all the support skills for my Titan. Just have to buy the skill book and hull (and train cybernetics 5 so they let me in titanswarm).

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Was this an actual bug?

Yes. What happened was that for some people who logged in between the patch (but pre fix patch) all skill points trained since their previous skill went into the skill being trained at the time of that log in and the queue would reset. In my case it was about two months because of medical and terrible game reasons, so, all the skills that got trained in my dread training queue (2 or 4 million or so SP worth) got dumped into like Amarr destroyer III or whatever. Then they ran a script that stripped those surplus SP. It was supposed to reward you with those as unallocated SP so you could fix your queue as you wanted, but I had to poke a GM to get that part done.

The thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=499977&find=unread

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 13, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Was this an actual bug?

I forgot I had a ticket open for this. My Cybernetics went down to 4... even though i have clones with implants that require 5.

Speaking of Cybernetics 5, it seems my trial account turned alpha is still benefiting from +5s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Yeah I don't think they figured out how to disable them from working

• Locked thread