Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

Very easy. The best thing is that generally you expect to die as a Counselor so if you die early that's fine.

I bought it based on your word Pinwiz. If I don't like it, I'm coming after you

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

joylessdivision posted:

Also ignore anyone who gives you poo poo for hacking and slashing as Jason. Though you shouldn't kill anyone with it because it's lame as gently caress.

If you have a counselor not trying to get the gently caress away from you and they don't have a weapon, they're trying to bait you into grabbing them because they have a handy collection of pocket knives.

Hack them down to limping and then go look for their friends. :murder:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yaws posted:

I bought it based on your word Pinwiz. If I don't like it, I'm coming after you

:)

All I do is get murdered and it's so fun.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Don't hate on this pure, wholesome content

I make mother proud

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Got chosen as Tommy in a round the other night and ran to the four seater I got killed at. Sure enough everyone's still swarming the car with Jason around because the keys are in and they're trying to distract him long enough to start it up. I keep yelling for people to get clear so I can shoot but no one really clued in.

Jason grabs a counselor, I imagine knowing I'm trying to shoot his rear end, so I do exactly that. Sprinted up directly behind him and drove a shell of buckshot straight up his rear end in a top hat. AJ gets dropped, Jason drops too, we all bounce out in the car.

Thank god Jason's got badonk or someone would have died there, besides me beforehand I mean

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
shoot him in the foot

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

redneck nazgul posted:

If you have a counselor not trying to get the gently caress away from you and they don't have a weapon, they're trying to bait you into grabbing them because they have a handy collection of pocket knives.

Hack them down to limping and then go look for their friends. :murder:

Don't even give them the chance to heal, if any counselor is alone and acting like King poo poo Walking Tall trying to take you on toe-to-toe you just cut them down. Maybe they're hoping for a weapon stun, but more than likely they have a pocket knife.

Also helpful advice to newbies, if Jason sees you you're dead. It's pretty much just inevitable, the only way to save yourself is to call his attention to other people and hope he decides to latch onto them instead. If you're hiding under a bed and he doesn't get you, it's only because he was distracted by somebody else nearby. The hiding did nothing except buy you a little more time.

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

cool thank you

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I make mother proud

It would be pretty funny if someone went to one of those things just in a ratty sweater distracting Jasons.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Jesus gently caress I hate that bug where, if a counselor hits you, as Jason, after you pull someone out of the car, you have a chance to just go rocketing away from them at high speed across the map. It's even worse when you just morphed to the car so you have to hope you hit geometry or the cool down finishes before you leave existence

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Archenteron posted:

Jesus gently caress I hate that bug where, if a counselor hits you, as Jason, after you pull someone out of the car, you have a chance to just go rocketing away from them at high speed across the map. It's even worse when you just morphed to the car so you have to hope you hit geometry or the cool down finishes before you leave existence

I like that as Jason I can stand in front of the driver door and no counselor can get in the vehicle but they always stay huddled around it allowing you to hack 3-4 of them to death. (if it's the 4 seater at least)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MacheteZombie posted:

I like that as Jason I can stand in front of the driver door and no counselor can get in the vehicle but they always stay huddled around it allowing you to hack 3-4 of them to death. (if it's the 4 seater at least)

It's pretty great

The car is a total death trap with a good Jason on it because everyone wants to get the golden ticket and it almost never works out

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Once I got the shift car stop down a little better it made a huge difference. Now if I stop it once there's a good chance I can keep it stopped most if not all of the rest of the round.

Still no Tinfoil at it, but I can be feared a bit more at least.

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

So Icey Seifuku posted:

I wonder if I could have just ran around full sprint for the remainder of the match instead of trying for the car as it did not seem like I was losing stamina at any point.

I also should have went into the water too see how AJ's demonic possession felt bout swimming.

Whatevet, there's always the next time someone pointblank flaregun's Tinfoil during a grab attempt.

This happened to me. You will float above the water and Jason will not be able to grab you. You can also chase other players around with infinite stamina while pretending to be a ghost. I found it polite to let Jason kill me at the end of the match so no one could accuse me of exploiting a glitch.

Floaty counselor is best councilor.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I don't know if I like Adam anymore. His character design is great, I mean honestly I pretty much dress like him on a daily basis and I even had a mullet once (more than once). But I find my play style gets me killed more often as Adam than AJ. I honestly like the lone wolf stealthy gameplay of AJ. I like being able to help behind the scenes. Be a fairy godmother to the other players, coming out of nowhere to drop off a battery or phone fuse and then run away. Or, you know, totally pull a Chad and steal the boat when no one is looking. Which still never works for me but I won't stop trying.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Adam is my favorite for sure. You can really just beat the piss out of Jason and never get grabbed if you're enough of a fucker with windows and stuff. Just make sure the rest of the counselors know Jason is chasing you and to use that time wisely

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Skunkrocker posted:

I don't know if I like Adam anymore. His character design is great, I mean honestly I pretty much dress like him on a daily basis and I even had a mullet once (more than once). But I find my play style gets me killed more often as Adam than AJ. I honestly like the lone wolf stealthy gameplay of AJ. I like being able to help behind the scenes. Be a fairy godmother to the other players, coming out of nowhere to drop off a battery or phone fuse and then run away. Or, you know, totally pull a Chad and steal the boat when no one is looking. Which still never works for me but I won't stop trying.

I've found Adam is best for when I've been having bad rounds and need to blown off some steam. It's nice to be able to run stupid fast and whack Jason real good with a bat or axe.

I've been maining Deborah mostly because I like fixing stuff for XP, although I keep getting hosed because I fix the car and then someone runs off with it.

AJ with the Lone wolf perk and Night Owl is super fun though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
With AJ I always felt like I was getting left behind, with Adam I'm always the man with the plan, hauling repair wares and escaping by boat.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

Currently installing this and excited to get face bashed in by Goons in hockey masks.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

metavisual posted:

Currently installing this and excited to get face bashed in by Goons in hockey masks.

Being bashed in by Jason's the least of your worries. You might be subject to Science Camp.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

widespread posted:

Being bashed in by Jason's the least of your worries. You might be subject to Science Camp.

"Everybody line up! Machete stand in front"

*Eats a shotgun blast*

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My science camps are always informative and useful

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Adam is high risk high reward. Yea I have plenty of games where I single handedly repair the car or call the cops, but then I also have games where I get killed in under two minutes. Basically, as Adam, I'm never running from Jason. If I'm running away momentarily it's just to find a good weapon to beat him with. It's an attitude that leads to some early deaths but Adam doesn't think Jason is a big deal man, he can take him no problem.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Adam can be defeated just by doing a quick backwards loop to dodge the swing and grabbing him... Adam without knife = meat

e: one thing you guys are weak on is counselor melee skills

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Just had a pubbie match where I managed to 7/7 the counselors before hitting rage mode. I'm not sure if I'm getting better or if it was just a bad batch of pubs though. They were actually doing an okay job of helping each other so they had that going for them

One of the counselors I caught while smashing a door in combat stance, they tried to run past me while I was occupied but Jason locked onto them as they ran past :discourse: You can always count on Jason

Danaru fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jul 5, 2017

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Phyresis posted:

e: one thing you guys are weak on is counselor melee skills

Fuckin guilty as charged. Which is why I normally play deb and fix stuff. Or just get my rear end locked in bathrooms or something.

Should be on tonight for my shenanigans.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

This game has the worst goddamn community. Granted I suck and don't know what I'm doing but fuckin' poo poo is it grating getting screamed at. People are either awful or just silent.

Oh well, I'm just gonna wait for the single player.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I got smacked by a random player and it let me walk at sprint speed with jogging stamina loss.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
http://1428elm.com/2017/07/05/friday-13th-game-gun-media-bans-youtube-gamer-400k-subscribers/

Justice knows no subscriber count.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

So after our rousing rounds of fun goontiem I decided one last pub session before I watch a movie and drink myself to sleep was in order. It was an experiment I had tried with goons and it failed. I decided to try it with pubbies. As soon as the round starts I (Tiffany ) jump immediately in the water, swimming as fast as I loving can to the island. I get there, and then... wait. And I wait. I wait some more.

Time passes....

The entire round I'm moving my mouse around like loving crazy watching for Jason. Occasionally I'll sidestep, just to keep the idle timer off me, but it looks like just moving the mouse might have been enough. Everyone who dies sees what I'm doing, notices Jason has yet to notice me, immediately ragequits. By the time the server finished there were three players.

Now, you might be asking yourself... how well did this plan work?

Well, I was the last to die for one. Yes, I did die. But how? I'm guessing Jason either sensed me somehow, or I sidestepped and he saw the noise bubble. Either way he warped his rear end directly to the island and proceeded to search it... and then went away. He couldn't find me! And then I sidestepped again and he returned, this time with full blown sense going. He searched and finally found me. I ran around the island with him chasing for a little bit, no weapon no nothing. He finally catches me, and proceeds to put me out of my misery.

I got 668 points that round. I've literally gotten less XP when I actually loving try. Keep in mind: I did nothing else that round either. No barricades, no arming myself, no fixing poo poo. Just run, hide, and point my flashlight away from where Jason will look. If my perks were better, I had three knives, and brought a baseball bat with me... I could have gone the entire round without speaking to or helping another player, and probably still died but goddamnit I would have ruined someone's night.

Nothing is more Chad than that.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yaws posted:

This game has the worst goddamn community. Granted I suck and don't know what I'm doing but fuckin' poo poo is it grating getting screamed at. People are either awful or just silent.

You should play with Goons

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

It's easy to mute people who you can tell are going to be obnoxious.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Yaws posted:

It's interesting to me how different everyone's experiences can be. In 100 hours of playing with random people on the PC, I don't think I've ever heard anyone scream at someone else because they aren't good. I've heard people attack each other for pretty much every other reason under the sun, and use all the most popular slurs. I myself have asked people if they are playing with their feet instead of their hands after they've slammed into a fifth or sixth tree in their attempt at driving, but I've never heard anyone scream at another player because they suck.

I guess it's all subjective. If someone were to ask me about this game's community, I'd say that it's quite a bit more pleasant than others I've encountered. Sure that means that my race/religion/sexuality/ancestry only gets attacked 1 out of every 10 rounds or so, but that's still better than something like Overwatch, or godforbid, CoD, where the hate is just loving constant.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
If someone gets angry at you for being bad just start laughing.

Also already be drunk.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Mostly what I hear is men being really... REALLY horrible with just constantly talking about rape.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

reignofevil posted:

Also already be drunk.

Yeah this is my go-to drunk game.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

reignofevil posted:

Also already be drunk.

effective countertroll: saying they need some perspective in their life if skill at a party game is what they get bothered about

if they keep it up, i suggest that they go to church (or mosque or temple) to thank god (or allah or yahweh) for their incredible blessings since they can obsess over party games all night

boy does THAT one get some loving responses.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
just tell'em to go gently caress their moms then shoot them.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i've had pretty much nothing but good experiences with the community but i'm pretty quick to hit that mute button. this is the most pointless game to metagame of all time with no ladder and absolutely no incentive to be salty as a counselor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Coffee And Pie posted:

It would be pretty funny if someone went to one of those things just in a ratty sweater distracting Jasons.

I have a friend who goes but doesn't cosplay - May ask them nicely to be my handler and wear a ratty sweater. Maybe ask me politely not to murder people.

Actually got a proper photo back today of the whole outfit:

• Locked thread