Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Postman posted:

This is from my early memories so bear with me. The game was a sidescroller for the NES where I believe you played as someone sneaking around a dark city in the first level. Thats all I played of it but I can still remember the tune that played.

Nightshade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Should be easy.

A educational platformer DOS game, about spelling or vocabulary.

You could call upon a monster? to pour goo? on other monsters. (I think you used spacebar for that).

One of the levels was called "pueblo" and had a yellow theme. Another level, close to the end of the game was a slime factory.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

No Gravitas posted:

Should be easy.

A educational platformer DOS game, about spelling or vocabulary.

You could call upon a monster? to pour goo? on other monsters. (I think you used spacebar for that).

One of the levels was called "pueblo" and had a yellow theme. Another level, close to the end of the game was a slime factory.

Sounds like Word Rescue to me.

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sounds like Word Rescue to me.

It is! Thanks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
The prequel to Math Rescue.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

The Postman posted:

This is from my early memories so bear with me. The game was a sidescroller for the NES where I believe you played as someone sneaking around a dark city in the first level. Thats all I played of it but I can still remember the tune that played.

It could be Rescue: The Embassy Mission if you never got past the moving the snipers into position part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i93e_DcCQc

That part had bitchin' music.

moller fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 29, 2014

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

!Klams posted:

Sounds like bedlam?

I tried looking it up on google but could not find any actual pictures, with lots of jumbled in new games with the same name. Some of the descriptions sound familiar, but I honestly can't tell.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I remember really liking a Mega Drive game as a kid. It as from a top-down perspective and I think you were free to roam around the map at will. I also seem to remember some sort of RPG elements, like upgrading weapons or stats maybe? You also played as one guy, not a plane or ship or anything else.

I've not had luck finding it because there were apparently a lot of games like that for the console.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I remember really liking a Mega Drive game as a kid. It as from a top-down perspective and I think you were free to roam around the map at will. I also seem to remember some sort of RPG elements, like upgrading weapons or stats maybe? You also played as one guy, not a plane or ship or anything else.

I've not had luck finding it because there were apparently a lot of games like that for the console.

Shadowrun I guess.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

al-azad posted:

Shadowrun I guess.

If it's not this (which you should play anyway), it might be Soldier of Fortune/Chaos Engine.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Alright, the god game thing was a bust so here's another request.

I'm trying to remember an old adventure game on the PC from the mid-90s, it was first person and you could see your hand... it was like a generic grey alien hand with clubbed fingers and stuff but it was really colorful.

I THINK it may have been claymation but likely not.
You could interact with just about everything in the world and it controlled like an FPS, you could enter houses, open mailboxes, etc.

It was very colorful and I'm pretty sure it was a children's game.

God, I can remember it so vividly but I can't pinpoint anything enough to put into words but I've been dying to play it again.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 29, 2014

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Super Nintendo game my brother rented once. Sidescrolling platformer, the main character was some genius inventor kid who accidentally shrunk himself and was going through his house to get the parts to his machine or something. Early on there was a boss level where you fought a rat in a bathtub or a sink or something.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

President Ark posted:

Super Nintendo game my brother rented once. Sidescrolling platformer, the main character was some genius inventor kid who accidentally shrunk himself and was going through his house to get the parts to his machine or something. Early on there was a boss level where you fought a rat in a bathtub or a sink or something.
Harley's Humongous Adventure

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Zaodai posted:

If it's not this (which you should play anyway), it might be Soldier of Fortune/Chaos Engine.

It could also be the stylistically similar Skeleton Krew or Techno Clash.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Deakul posted:

I'm trying to remember an old adventure game on the PC from the mid-90s, it was first person and you could see your hand... it was like a generic grey alien hand with clubbed fingers and stuff but it was really colorful.

You could interact with just about everything in the world and it controlled like an FPS, you could enter houses, open mailboxes, etc.

God, I can remember it so vividly but I can't pinpoint anything enough to put into words but I've been dying to play it again.

This is going entirely by the hand thing, but was it Jurassic Park: Trespasser? Not exactly the most kiddie game and it's more late 90's but I can't think of anything else like that.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Neo Rasa posted:

It could also be the stylistically similar Skeleton Krew or Techno Clash.

That TechnoClash game looked very similar to the one I remember. Same mix of collecting items and different weapons. Can't really remember much else, just that it was a really fun Mega Drive game and a bit more complicated than what usually came out.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Deakul posted:

Spelunx

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

djw175 posted:

This is going entirely by the hand thing, but was it Jurassic Park: Trespasser? Not exactly the most kiddie game and it's more late 90's but I can't think of anything else like that.

Nope, not even close.
I didn't really mean that you could control the hand movement and stuff, it's just that that's what your view mainly consisted of.
And it was really cartoony.

Nope, it was definitely more akin to something Bethesda would make but it's for children and has a very cartoony aesthetic.

Thanks for the tries though.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Normality

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Feels like you're in the right direction but that's not it either. :negative:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Mzbundifund posted:

This is a strange one. It was an I think early CD-era PC game, first-person point-and-click adventure game with prerendered graphics and live actors like Myst. You were some sort of time traveller and you go back to some sort of Aztec(?) city looking for an artifact or a piece of a time machine or something. You can scan other people and use your future suit to look like them, which you use to fool a fat guy who wants to go to a festival into thinking you're his sister who will watch his shop for him while he's gone. You have a sassy male AI that talks to you sometimes. I only ever had the demo and I've no idea what it was called at all.

This is The Journeyman Project 3.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Deakul posted:

The Neverhood?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

PSP game. I believe it's a VN where you're a teacher trying to resolve your student's problems. When you're ready you enter a blue-ish landscape and literally battle your students in Bloody Roar 3D fighting style. The main character's special move is summoning a tiger or something and there was a demo of the game where you fight a photography student.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

al-azad posted:

PSP game. I believe it's a VN where you're a teacher trying to resolve your student's problems. When you're ready you enter a blue-ish landscape and literally battle your students in Bloody Roar 3D fighting style. The main character's special move is summoning a tiger or something and there was a demo of the game where you fight a photography student.

Kenka Bansho: Badass Rumble?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Amazing game but nope. :(
Thanks though.

Emuticus
Jan 23, 2013
There was a game for the NES (or maybe SNES) that had the cover image of a guy punching something or someone, and the skin of his fist flying off to reveal a metal hand. It played like a combination of Contra and Double Dragon, I think...

The Postman
May 12, 2007

moller posted:

It could be Rescue: The Embassy Mission if you never got past the moving the snipers into position part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i93e_DcCQc

That part had bitchin' music.

This is it man! Amazing how well the music from the first level stayed in my head after all these years.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Emuticus posted:

There was a game for the NES (or maybe SNES) that had the cover image of a guy punching something or someone, and the skin of his fist flying off to reveal a metal hand. It played like a combination of Contra and Double Dragon, I think...

bionic commando

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Emuticus posted:

Shatterhand

Capsaicin posted:

Kenka Bansho: Badass Rumble?

No. Very similar in aesthetic but this game is Japan only.

Emuticus
Jan 23, 2013

al-azad posted:

Shatterhand

You might be the best person ever.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Was it Zelda-y?

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Super Hydlide :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Beyond Oasis?

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

al-azad posted:

Gachitora?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Bingo.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Pretty sure it was an old Apple II e game. First person game set on what I believe was a space ship or station. Couldn't tell you what game play was like but I remember a part where an alien would kill you and this female voice would come up and say "ohhhhh god". Pretty sure the sound clip was taken straight out of this scene.

http://youtu.be/tRX2ntm2rXQ

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

There was this PC game i got off a demo disk in the late 90s or early 2000s cant quite remember when though.
it was like orks or orcs or something where you have these big green orks which do different jobs or something
they look like early 3d or like they're made out of clay or something.
IIRC it was a puzzle game and i cant remember if you're playing on a board or what. pretty sure the camera was like isometric or like hovering at 3rd person height, like looking down on a boardgame
I've tried looking for games with orks etc in the name but ive come up with nothing

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Hollenhammer posted:

There was this PC game i got off a demo disk in the late 90s or early 2000s cant quite remember when though.
it was like orks or orcs or something where you have these big green orks which do different jobs or something
they look like early 3d or like they're made out of clay or something.
IIRC it was a puzzle game and i cant remember if you're playing on a board or what. pretty sure the camera was like isometric or like hovering at 3rd person height, like looking down on a boardgame
I've tried looking for games with orks etc in the name but ive come up with nothing

Gobliiins maybe?

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

Thanks but no it's way newer than that, like 1999-2000. Maybe as far forward as 2002

Thats exactly it, Thanks!
edit: wow its a Monolith game

Hollenhammer fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Sounds exactly like Gruntz.