Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'd love to see Vin Diesel in another scifi movie or in a marvel movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Reverand maynard posted:

I'd love to see Vin Diesel in another scifi movie or in a marvel movie.

Just watch pitch black. Bonus Keith David action

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Vin Diesel owns. Riddick owns.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Two Finger posted:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Two Finger posted:

I used to think Luis Guzman was in everything. No.

Keith David is in everything. And everything he's in is made better by his presence. He must have the hardest working agent in hollywoodlands.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Vin diesel is in the upcoming guardians of the galaxy 2 for your scifi needs.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Buca di Bepis posted:

Holy poo poo have you guys seen The Void? First Lovecraftian movie I've ever seen that half lives up to the material.

The trailer looked cool as hell. Is it streaming somewhere or is it in cinemas only?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Mr. Nice! posted:

Vin diesel is in the upcoming guardians of the galaxy 2 for your scifi needs.

Isn't he basically reciting one line the entire movie?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Didn't mean he wasn't good in The Iron Giant

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Keith David is in everything. And everything he's in is made better by his presence. He must have the hardest working agent in hollywoodlands.
He's in Saint's Row 4.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Pesticide20 posted:

Didn't mean he wasn't good in The Iron Giant

Man the iron giant is so good

Somebody posted this dudes review of John Wick a few months ago and I've been burning through his videos ever since :kiddo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdlmaCOp9cU

beanieson fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 15, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I thought the first F&F was fun, don't remember if I saw 2, thought Tokyo Drift looked awful and drift racing is usually boring anyway, and never looked back.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

The first F&F was responsible for every tard with a Civic putting on a fart can and wing and thinking he was fast. It's probably also the reason used Turbo Supras are still $40k+

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

I thought the first F&F was fun, don't remember if I saw 2, thought Tokyo Drift looked awful and drift racing is usually boring anyway, and never looked back.

5-8 are worth watching at least once. Get drunk or high and give them a shot.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
$6414 taxes owed, yeck

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Same one line he recited all through the first one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I do think it's great that he collects a check to say the same thing in different tones and whatnot. That's just hollywood writing big checks because they can. But better it go to him than a scientologist.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Tom Cruise is a good actor, my man

Lol my av

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pesticide20 posted:

5-8 are worth watching at least once. Get drunk or high and give them a shot.

I've only seen 7 and was somehow so bored when I was watching it with a friend that I drifted off during a scene when there were muscle cars parachuting out the back of a cargo plane. It was late at night but still. There's such a thing as pacing in movies, and when you're constantly blasting ears and eyes with big things smashing each other it just becomes white noise over a screensaver. I saw an interview with the director or somebody who said they go for practical effects whenever possible and that's total crap. They don't even make an effort to direct car movement realistically in the more ambitious scenes, just looks like a high budget goddamn anime.

e: Just rewatch Mad Max

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 15, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TBeats posted:

Tom Cruise is a good actor, my man

Lol my av

Agreed. Tom Cruise generally picks good and interesting roles. His movies are safe bets on being at least decently enjoyable.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Also holy butts today. It's 70 ish degrees and butts are everywhere as far as the eye can see.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

getting the lawnmower ready

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

getting the lawnmower ready

Take a photo of you hose drinking

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

cowboy elvis posted:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

cowboy elvis posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lol no

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Ok take a photo of Roscoe hose drinking

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

For some reason I decided to check out the thread on Arrival in Cinema Discusso to explain some plot points for me. Can someone tell me why it seems like everyone in there is so abusive to each other? It's like reading Tezzor or Effectronica posts in D&D except it's Hollywood movies.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Buca di Bepis posted:

For some reason I decided to check out the thread on Arrival in Cinema Discusso to explain some plot points for me. Can someone tell me why it seems like everyone in there is so abusive to each other? It's like reading Tezzor or Effectronica posts in D&D except it's Hollywood movies.

People don't like to be wrong. Now mix in a spoonful of goon plus a cup of ego and voila CD.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

cowboy elvis posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cowboy elvis posted:

roscoe is terrified of water

he hates to go out in the rain

snow is fine

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Well thanks for nothing then n4b thought you were cool

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

How does every further iteration of the Resident Evil films get more ridiculous than the previous one.

And who green-lit like 7 (?) parts of the series, was there really enough of a following to make them commercially viable?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Buca di Bepis posted:

Read the suicide squad thread in cd to confirm why there is no point in ever going into that sub forum

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How does every further iteration of the Resident Evil films get more ridiculous than the previous one.

And who green-lit like 7 (?) parts of the series, was there really enough of a following to make them commercially viable?
They must be making money somehow. :shrug:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Update on the shoulder, went to the doctor and she gave me 600 mg Motrin to the surprise of everything. My forgein travel was finally approved and the TL;DR of the travel brief can be summarized as "Travel in group of 2+ people and don't have any sort of fun"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

There's something like 14 new Transformers movies in some sort of production right now.

One Resident Evil movie every 2-4 years was a reasonable way of keeping Milla Jovovich in my spank bank. That can't be said about a single transformers movie after Megan Fox left the franchise.

There's a surprisingly sized RE fanbase out there and I'd heard the movies do great in Japan. Same can probably be said of transformers too.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Naked Bear posted:

They must be making money somehow. :shrug:

:stare:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Milla Jovovich is hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Movie studios are hilariously risk-adverse now so unless you can deliver the package of new script+director+actor right to them they'll just keep cranking out kids films or sequels until everyone involved dies.

Despite doing Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and having Leonardo DiCaprio on board, Christopher Nolan still had trouble getting Warner Bros to agree to do Inception.

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 15, 2017

• Locked thread