Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

danbanana posted:

Which I'm willing to bet is better than anything Side Project has ever brewed.

This statement also applies to Allagash White though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

funkybottoms posted:

Wet Tie Affair was both a Wisconsinite and a good dude, but he almost never posts anymore, so i don't if either is still true.

I'm still here! Just like you said I rarely post. I did message nah and we're working something out.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

internet celebrity posted:

Anything I need to check out in Philly? I'm in town for a wedding this weekend but I should have time Sunday morning/afternoon to make a stop or two.

Which area of Philly are you staying in?

Crime and Punishment is probably making my favorite stuff right now in the city. Some solid IPAs and sours and decent food. That’s in West Philly.

2nd District in south Philly is good too. And Brewery ARS is nearby but I haven’t tried it yet.

Monk’s Cafe is a solid bar with a lot of good stuff on tap. Lots of Russian River beer. There’s a front and back bar if you stop there.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Fat Lou posted:

This statement also applies to Allagash White though...

Eh. I get the importance of White but that's one of the few styles I have little interest in.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Quiet Feet posted:

Somebody tell me that Braupakt is good. I just got a case but haven't opened it yet because I'm at my in-laws for the weekend.

it's bad on draft and also out of a bottle. sorry.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Secret Machine posted:

Which area of Philly are you staying in?

Crime and Punishment is probably making my favorite stuff right now in the city. Some solid IPAs and sours and decent food. That’s in West Philly.

2nd District in south Philly is good too. And Brewery ARS is nearby but I haven’t tried it yet.

Monk’s Cafe is a solid bar with a lot of good stuff on tap. Lots of Russian River beer. There’s a front and back bar if you stop there.

Second for Monks. I think it still has the biggest list in the city and the mussels are great. Try the hot wings if you dare.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH
allagash white kicks rear end

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

derivation is probably pure diabetes water who gives a poo poo

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Second for Monks. I think it still has the biggest list in the city and the mussels are great. Try the hot wings if you dare.

Well, I was all hyped up for Monk's but there's a huge line right now and I'm not about to go through that poo poo show.

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

internet celebrity posted:

Well, I was all hyped up for Monk's but there's a huge line right now and I'm not about to go through that poo poo show.

yeah todays not the day. it will probably thin out later though. check at like 3-4pm

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Just moved to Seattle and holy poo poo there’s a lot of breweries around. Any highlights or places I should try first?

I’m going through kind of a lager/pils/kolsch phase at the moment, but I like most styles.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hefty posted:

Just moved to Seattle and holy poo poo there’s a lot of breweries around. Any highlights or places I should try first?

I’m going through kind of a lager/pils/kolsch phase at the moment, but I like most styles.

Holy Mountain, Cloudburst and Fremont are the standouts in Seattle off the top of my head.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
They put me in charge of pouring atrial rubicite. This was a bad idea for everyone

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Spanish Manlove posted:

They put me in charge of pouring atrial rubicite. This was a bad idea for everyone

How much atrial did you get to drink :hellyeah:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

air- posted:

How much atrial did you get to drink :hellyeah:

Way too fuckin much, Im ashamed at how much. I don't want people to know how much cause I wanna get invited to volunteer at more events.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Hefty posted:

Chuckanut makes the best lagers out that way

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

Furious Lobster posted:

Holy Mountain, Cloudburst and Fremont are the standouts in Seattle off the top of my head.

Agree with these and I'll add Reuben's Brews to the list. Definitely check out Brouwer's Cafe and Pine Box if you are looking for beer bars as well.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/McAllisterDen/status/1046129046550192129

consensual poster
Sep 1, 2009

A trash question asked by a trash human being.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

consensual poster posted:

Agree with these and I'll add Reuben's Brews to the list. Definitely check out Brouwer's Cafe and Pine Box if you are looking for beer bars as well.

Furious Lobster posted:

dphi posted:

Chuckanut makes the best lagers out that way

Thanks, y’all. We actually went to Brouwer’s today and I had beers from all of those breweries. They were out of the Holy Mountain fresh hop pils, but I got the Cloudburst “wet hop” (whatever that means) IPA, which was very good. My fav might have been the Seapine Candle Fly Kolsch though, which is maybe an unremarkable beer, but it was super smooth and drinkable.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
RLRL was such a bad event, not even a shitshow but just intensely boring. They had about 6 kegs of Cantillon stuff, about 18 bottles total for on-premise, and an extremely underwhelming taplist aside from the Loons and HF Arthur. Fortunately most of the FL scum was in Miami skipping each other in line, passing out on the street, and profiteering, so at least it was a relatively chill event where I just bottle shared with some friends.

E: Also, I am going to be in Chicago for a wedding the last week of October turning into the first weekend in November, and have both Saturday and Sunday completely free. It would be cool to meet up with you folks after all these years and perhaps share some beers. Let's do something!

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

RLRL was such a bad event, not even a shitshow but just intensely boring. They had about 6 kegs of Cantillon stuff, about 18 bottles total for on-premise, and an extremely underwhelming taplist aside from the Loons and HF Arthur. Fortunately most of the FL scum was in Miami skipping each other in line, passing out on the street, and profiteering, so at least it was a relatively chill event where I just bottle shared with some friends.

E: Also, I am going to be in Chicago for a wedding the last week of October turning into the first weekend in November, and have both Saturday and Sunday completely free. It would be cool to meet up with you folks after all these years and perhaps share some beers. Let's do something!

Danbanana paging you to the thread to plan something TIA!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Hefty posted:

“wet hop” (whatever that means)

Wet Hops are straight off the vine, unprocessed hops

It's something nobody cares about anymore because of lovely IPAs that don't taste like beer

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Compusaurus posted:

Danbanana paging you to the thread to plan something TIA!

That's a bad weekend for me... Though depending on where, I might be able to sneak out like after 9p for a drink.

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
I was going to do a tryhard writeup of the Denver breweries I visited, rating each on their flight options, child- and dog-friendliness, from my trip to GABF but here's a magnum of stout instead

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

nullfunction posted:

I was going to do a tryhard writeup of the Denver breweries I visited, rating each on their flight options, child- and dog-friendliness, from my trip to GABF but here's a magnum of stout instead

looks more like a magnum of Punishment to me...

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

funkybottoms posted:

looks more like a magnum of Punishment to me...

The logic was "open this and people can go drink more of it while they're waiting on the next beer to open" but we'll see.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Wil Wheaton should do some kind of wheat-beer collab.

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

Oh no someone opened a second magnum

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
lol whichh fuckin loser brought a bottle of night swim to the big dick share

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost
Some guy that just got back from Tampa. It was OK but kind of pales in comparison to a lot of what showed up.

Great Notion has a blueberry muffin beer that tastes exactly as advertised, people are losing their minds, wait til we open some dry hopped mead :cheers:

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

nullfunction posted:

The logic was "open this and people can go drink more of it while they're waiting on the next beer to open" but we'll see.

the joke was that w00tstout and Punishment are both bad beers made by Stone

nullfunction
Jan 24, 2005

Nap Ghost

funkybottoms posted:

the joke was that w00tstout and Punishment are both bad beers made by Stone

Both made an appearance :cripes:

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

nullfunction posted:

Both made an appearance :cripes:

LOL you went to a bottle share with Greg Koch.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Wil Wheaton sucks

he sucks even worse than most AC stouts

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

One of the other guys on my Podcast ordered every. one. of the loving Stone collabs. There are like 10 of them sitting there laughing at us. Who's going to drink all those? What the gently caress man! Throw an event for free to drink it and we'll probably get 1 guy to show up and we all sadly are drinking Imperial Bashah and Saison Du Buff^3 or whatever the poo poo. ugh.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Those Stone collab bottles have been sitting on the shelves in my local liquor store for a long time now. I'm sort of curious but I'm waiting to see if they get clearanced out at some point.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I've had a Jolly Pumpkin-Nøgne Ø -Stone collab beer that is some kind of spiced holiday ale sitting in my basement for going on 10 years now. I'm not sure why I bought it because every time I see it I put off drinking it until "next time". Should probably just drain pour it at this point.

also i lied and didn't end up going to the JP Zwanze Day, no idea how their first non-sour NEIPA turned out

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I...I like w00tstout....:smith:

I've never bought a bottle tho, just an 8oz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
More like...

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/dunkin-donuts-beer-harpoon-brewery

...Drunkin' Donuts