Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If one of the tanks accidentally moves any of the three out of position, the world ends and the raid is lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

these are the safest "insane" theories i've ever seen!!

Ugh fine!!!

-Regalia mount finally added. Seats 4, $50 in cash shop.
-Meister quality Yshtola statue announced, has a speaker that occasionally says little sun when it detects motion. Yuna dance emote included.
-We've heard your feedback and we've quarantined balmung to it's own server group.
-Customizable UI finally enters the fray.
-Fray previewed as a Trust.
-All new zones just Eureka again.
-Breast slider added to Lalafels. Anyone that uses it gets reported to the feds and banned.
-You've got airship expeditions and submarine excursions and now, for the first time in eorzea, moped gangs can be sent out at your fc workshop.
-Cutscene length of msq roulette increased by 50%, please look forward to it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

jalapeno_dude posted:

Probably the entire Warring Triad at once if they do a third.

:getin:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Tarnished Makai Hand Mortar makes a cute tiny pistol. I bet it would be adorable on a Lalafell.

warcraft_boyfriend_99
Aug 12, 2007

by Pragmatica

Ibblebibble posted:

Hate to tell you this but all the best boss tunes have vocals and they rule.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Jwsypbz10

im willling to give it a shot,, i have just never experienced anything like that before. 11 yrs of wow, 10 final fantasy.(never mmo) only music lyrics I ever heard were from the blitzball tournament in 10 or the ending credits.its major to me, i cant wrap my head around it just being a thing for a boss fight.... and like a 20 + minute song too! That's some we are fighting Sargeras/Sephiroth poo poo in the backwater I come from.Its going to take some getting used to for sure.

warcraft_boyfriend_99 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 2, 2019

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

code:
Time elapsed: 147 minutes. Earned so far: 1312806 Gil, 360 Genesis, 220 Mendacity. Ran 28 maps, opening 13 portals, portal rate of 46.43%.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Tarnished Makai Hand Mortar makes a cute tiny pistol. I bet it would be adorable on a Lalafell.

If you get the PVP version (which is easy to get) you can dye it.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Countblanc posted:

- new gold saucer game based on FFT but you make teams with your minions
Yes, good, I was daydreaming about a game like that this morning. It would probably wind up as half-baked as Verminion, but what if, what if?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

warcraft_boyfriend_99 posted:

Having REAL vocals from 7min on though was a bit jarring, I don't need vocals in boss fights lol.

repent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noJiH8HLZw4 (watch the entire thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LIw6Vnt2MI

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

If you get the PVP version (which is easy to get) you can dye it.
Oh nice, I guess I'll run some PVP, because all the animations look great with it. Wished I'd saved that 100k GSP though.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Wooooo just got to level 70. I've been enjoying Stormblood almost as much as Heavensward, honestly. More in some ways: the music and dungeons are really great.

More importantly, can anyone put me in touch with someone able to craft level 70 Warrior gear for a reasonable fee? I don't know what that number would be, but I have about 2.8million in the piggybank. I'm Belloc Baneblade on Excalibur, or I have PMs here if that's easier.

I'd be happy to toss in some extra gil for Paladin and DRK weapons too since I'm planning on getting the other two tanks to 70 in the near term.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Xalidur posted:

Wooooo just got to level 70. I've been enjoying Stormblood almost as much as Heavensward, honestly. More in some ways: the music and dungeons are really great.

More importantly, can anyone put me in touch with someone able to craft level 70 Warrior gear for a reasonable fee? I don't know what that number would be, but I have about 2.8million in the piggybank. I'm Belloc Baneblade on Excalibur, or I have PMs here if that's easier.

I'd be happy to toss in some extra gil for Paladin and DRK weapons too since I'm planning on getting the other two tanks to 70 in the near term.

i'll send you a note,

or not because you're not online... i'll craft you a 380 left side. i'll try to be on tomorrow evening.

e: all of your left side stuff is ready for pick up
e2: why aren't you in a goon FC? :thunk:

Phone fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 2, 2019

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Crackerjack posted:

There hasn't been many screenshots lately, so let's see some Fashion Fantasy XIV endgame.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Man, Alexander really did have the best music.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

If one of the tanks accidentally moves any of the three out of position, the world ends and the raid is lost.

Run, run or you're well done.

I've been morbidly fascinated by the idea of needing to use Sophia tilts to position for Sephirot green/orange or Zurvan Soar since the Ultimate fights were first announced.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

warcraft_boyfriend_99 posted:

im willling to give it a shot,, i have just never experienced anything like that before. 11 yrs of wow, 10 final fantasy.(never mmo) only music lyrics I ever heard were from the blitzball tournament in 10 or the ending credits.its major to me, i cant wrap my head around it just being a thing for a boss fight.... and like a 20 + minute song too! That's some we are fighting Sargeras/Sephiroth poo poo in the backwater I come from.Its going to take some getting used to for sure.

The first time you encounter vocals in fight music will be Titan around level 35 (probably higher since there are massive newbie xp bonuses nowadays). I think you'll enjoy it! The primal songs are one of the reasons I checked this game out in the first place.

e: meant to edit my previous post rather than create another...

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

how the gently caress does Alexander get mentioned without either metal OR rise

I can’t link poo poo right now someone do it for me

snap, click, clank, whirl, whiz, go boom
wheels humsing uplander doom!
crack, thoom, snap, bam, bing, bang, and zoom
a nearsoon firebloom crimson FOOM!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

oh, yeah, and it was the titan theme lyrics kicking in that really got me hooked on soken’s work. maybe that’s better to see blind though

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Yo.

Dawg.

Yo.

https://youtu.be/BiUp3DpksQY

In short, ffxiv is full of bangers, please do not mute the music.

Also, try not to be a cutscene skipper. In contrast to WoW, your actual involvement in the story is centered on you, not some jerk with a model scaled up to twice your height swooping in at the last moment to read the benefit of your hard work.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 2, 2019

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In contrast to WoW, your actual involvement in the story is centered in you Alphinaud Lyse you, not some jerk with a model scaled up to twice your height swooping in at the last moment to read the benefit of your hard work.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And yes, Soken (the music director for FFXIV) heads a band that plays the rockingest tracks from the game live and has released several albums of exactly that. Often with guest vocals from the English localization lead because Koji Fox leads a charmed life as the king of nerds.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

alphinaud is the smartest kid in eorzea

also, rise is still better than answers

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Countblanc posted:

- yoship will look directly at the camera and say in perfect english "if you don't DPS as a healer I am going to ban you."

gently caress yeah do it, Dancer's coming soon anyway

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

World War Mammories posted:

how the gently caress does Alexander get mentioned without either metal OR rise

I can’t link poo poo right now someone do it for me

snap, click, clank, whirl, whiz, go boom
wheels humsing uplander doom!
crack, thoom, snap, bam, bing, bang, and zoom
a nearsoon firebloom crimson FOOM!

As someone did for me earlier: Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhDvQIqEkuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLCWCPyxByg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IiOzi05IlA

Have Brute Justice's theme too while I'm at it.

E: I guess I should warn that these all spoil the boss themselves but eh.

Double Edit: I forgot the REAL best track of HW, dont @ me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gePFGKWgqRE

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Leraika posted:

Man, Alexander really did have the best music.

Also a bro, which was a welcome change of pace.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Failboattootoot posted:

-Regalia mount finally added. Seats 4, $50 in cash shop.

Done, take my money.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Leofish posted:

I noticed something while using a Fantasia just now: are there aesthetician-exclusive face paints? I know there are hairstyles you have to pay the 2000g to get but I don't recall ever seeing a unique face paint.

I know of one, to my knowledge. Doing one of the Halloween events gave access to a bat face paint. Aside from that, I can't remember hearing of anything else.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What landmark is this in the distance, visible from the Silver Bazaar in Western Thanalan? It looks like it's in or near Crescent Cove/Vesper Bay?

fake edit: I should have taken this in first person

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What landmark is this in the distance, visible from the Silver Bazaar in Western Thanalan? It looks like it's in or near Crescent Cove/Vesper Bay?

fake edit: I should have taken this in first person

It's Cape Westwind.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
Castrum Marinum, I think. It's the actual imperial base of that region, but the only part we the players see is the opening, Cape Westwind.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's the Garlean castrum Cape Westwind acts as the access point for (I can never remember it's name). You never actually go there directly.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thank you, I didn't recognize it because the Cape Westwind fight takes thirty seconds.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Cape Westwind is all about cutting loose and having fun. Threat, heals, damage don't matter just having good wholesome friendly fun does!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a nifty little pistol, but the Mendacity tome pistol is also neat, the Ikkansai.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What are Mendacity tomes?

Also is that a tiny Bayonetta?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
there's 3 types of tomestones

poetics: arr & hw
mendacity: pre-4.4 tomestones (i360/370 gear + 4.4+ crafter mats)
genesis: 4.4+ tomestones

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

What are Mendacity tomes?

Also is that a tiny Bayonetta?

You should take a job to 70 :v:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
let's go pictomancer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hogama posted:

let's go pictomancer

Finally, the Gold Saucer gets picross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Die Sexmonster! posted:

You should take a job to 70 :v:
I did back in 4.0.