Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

My excuse is I'm a wormholer in low-class space, so the only way we can use anything larger than a battleship is to hope the locals hand us one and go "HERE, STICK IT IN" and bend over, or finding an unfueled stick with a live SMA that has a cap in it. Either or.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
The trick is using cap stable alpha clone smart bomb ships because if you logoff a certain way your smart bombs stay on and you log off in a bubble so you don't warp and you get infinite aggression cause ur hitting the stick. I was able to get 6 coercers doing this but then I realized archeage queue was down so I played that instead.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Landsknecht posted:

why wouldn't you just use a few supercarriers to bash pocos?

Because then NCdot would have dropped on them. Actually that's why I kept the Naglfar docked up for that moment as well. The horde scouts on the NCdot undock showed activity which meant we (horde) had to put away the caps and for me it meant subtle bashing in an Oracle.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

The trick is using cap stable alpha clone smart bomb ships because if you logoff a certain way your smart bombs stay on and you log off in a bubble so you don't warp and you get infinite aggression cause ur hitting the stick. I was able to get 6 coercers doing this but then I realized archeage queue was down so I played that instead.

What. Does that work with guns or is the lock lost? Also do you still show in local?

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
So apparently I last played this game in February 2007. Just got back in with the free clone, consider me to have amnesia. I am the only person on a station that hates me (N-1024 VII Mine TT, KPU-3). I have no idea where this is, except that the map indicates it's in the 'Outer Passage' pretty deep into low sec. I have a Brutus worth about 50 million that I can't fly, because I'm too alpha. I got out of the ship, and a nice insurance man phoned me up and gave me a 4,000 ISK frigate instead. I can't fit it out, because the station hates me. If I leave the station I can't come back, because it hates me. I don't seem to be able to put my old ship up for sale. Stripping all the fittings off the original ship I can cram maybe 4 millions worth into my new, tiny cargo hold. I could also put 9 of my highest value bits and pieces up for a 3 day auction in the hope someone wanders through the system.

I do, however, apparently have a jump clone 42 wormhole hops away. Getting to it would obviously involve dumping 70 million ISK worth of stuff at some random station indefinitely. I'm aware that 70 million probably isn't that much, but still. The alternative appears to be flying 50 hops in a ship that has no guns. And actually, I'm not even sure it has a way of warping.

So, uh, advice?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
The circle of life is true! Bittervets can become newbies! Apply to GSF and leave your stuff and come to Delve. Be an adorable new-newbie and get showered in ISK. Or at least have a funny video game story.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir_rJX6GPxo

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

:stonk:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Do you not trust in the nanofiber?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

iospace posted:

Do you not trust in the nanofiber?

I didn't realise it was their FC at first. I was listening to some music and just assumed the player has swerved into´some grunge tracks by mistake. Oh wow that voice.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Zephyrine posted:

I didn't realise it was their FC at first.

it's a sermon in swahili or some poo poo, jeez zephyrine

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a good write up of the new citadel arrays they just introduced? Basically just a summary of what they do would be nice since I missed that stuff.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is there a good write up of the new citadel arrays they just introduced? Basically just a summary of what they do would be nice since I missed that stuff.

I looked to see if that French person who did that citadel guide way back when did one for the complexes. No dice, sadly.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

RockyB posted:

So apparently I last played this game in February 2007. Just got back in with the free clone, consider me to have amnesia. I am the only person on a station that hates me (N-1024 VII Mine TT, KPU-3). I have no idea where this is, except that the map indicates it's in the 'Outer Passage' pretty deep into low sec. I have a Brutus worth about 50 million that I can't fly, because I'm too alpha. I got out of the ship, and a nice insurance man phoned me up and gave me a 4,000 ISK frigate instead. I can't fit it out, because the station hates me. If I leave the station I can't come back, because it hates me. I don't seem to be able to put my old ship up for sale. Stripping all the fittings off the original ship I can cram maybe 4 millions worth into my new, tiny cargo hold. I could also put 9 of my highest value bits and pieces up for a 3 day auction in the hope someone wanders through the system.

I do, however, apparently have a jump clone 42 wormhole hops away. Getting to it would obviously involve dumping 70 million ISK worth of stuff at some random station indefinitely. I'm aware that 70 million probably isn't that much, but still. The alternative appears to be flying 50 hops in a ship that has no guns. And actually, I'm not even sure it has a way of warping.

So, uh, advice?

if it still works as it did when i last played, you can put up a public contract for your brutix + fittings, so others will be able to buy it. with an attractive pricetag and some advertising in local chat, it should sell quite quickly.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Disclaimer: I've not done as much research as I should have, so take this only as a guideline. Some of the numbers could be off.

Engineering Complexes heavily favour specialization in production; the specific reason for this are the rigs they use:

* Medium rigs for Raitarus are divided by class; T1 ship size (small, med, large), components, fuel, all kinds of research, T2 ship size (small, med, large again) etc. all have rigs meant to increase ME, and another set of the same type for TE.

* Large rigs for Azbels combine the ME and TE increases, but still restrict by class, so if you wanted to make a subcap production Azbel, you'd spend all three of your rig slots on Small, Medium, and Large ship and have nothing else for components, research, or T2 ships.

* XL rigs for Sotiyo are much broader, giving ME and TE increases to entire grades; if you wanted to produce T2 ships from BPC to T1 to component to T2 hull, you can do that using a Sotiyo.

While the ECs themselves have a built-in 1% ME bonus, the real value comes from the rigs, with T2 obviously being the best. The benefits scale according to sec status; highsec x1, Low x1.9, Null x2.1. A Highsec Raitaru would give a 2.9% ME bonus, a lowsec would give a 4.7% ME bonus, and a null would give 5.1%. None of this, of course, is taking into account the TE bonus the rigs give you, assuming they're even fit.

So what does this mean?

Any given large-scale production system could have dozens of Raitarus, up to a dozen Azbels, or two Sotiyos (only three rig slots, natch). If you're doing vertically integrated T2 ship production, you'd need a Raitaru for:

* Invention and Copying TE
* Component ME/TE
* T1 Ship ME/TE
* T2 Ship ME/TE

For one hull class. If you wanted to make a different size class of ship, you need two additional Raitarus -- one rigged for medium T1 ship ME/TE, the other for medium T2 ME/TE.

And remember that each of these things can be in a single system, driving up the System Index and making your jobs more expensive.

So, where do producers stand? If you're a high or lowsec producer, join a null corp and use their ECs. If you have access to an Amarr T3 station, don't feel bad about using it, a T1 rigged Raitaru barely beats it by a rounding error, and you end up getting more diverse options for what you can build without shipping materials all over a system. If you have a T2 rigged Raitaru, use that above all else, but keep in mind that Amarr T3 stations have significant TE bonuses as well.

If you or your organization manage to erect a Sotiyo that isn't stuck in a dead-end and easily defensible system pumping out supercaps all day, treasure that fucker because it will do everything you want it to do.

And finally there are T2 rigs, which I won't get into and solely exist to make efficiency-obsessed turbospergs like myself weep bitterly at rig prices. Suffice it to say that T2 rigged Sotiyos are only viable in the realm of large coalition assets and the filthy filthy rich.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Did you always want to have that sweet, sweet 80 bucks EVE-backpack? CCP has you covered! Your Christmas-gift for today is 15% off every merchandise from their shop.

It's the season of giving, so hop on over to their shop and give them lots of money! :shepface:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

This shirt is decent:

https://eve.mybrightsites.com/products/121157

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, and with the 15% coupon from CCP and shipping, the price is down from 23 to

over 40 bucks. gently caress.

Is CCP shipping everything from their tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic? That seems like a bad idea to me.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Half the shirts they're selling aren't in stock for "Larges".

Oh also "Your address could not be verified, please make sure your shipping address is accurate" pops up when I try to order it for my location that even the USPS can find. Which is the shipping company this site is using.

It's so poorly set up/ran its peak :ccp:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 20, 2016

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

The beer and wine glasses are pretty nice too.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.
I was really happy once they announced, that they would bring the eve store back.. But those shipping prices ruined it for me tbh

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I wasn't around for the first iteration of the store. But wasn't it gently caress USA prices then?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Oodles posted:

I wasn't around for the first iteration of the store. But wasn't it gently caress USA prices then?

It's "gently caress everything" prices. Especially the shipping. For my country, the cheapest option is 20+ bucks. The second cheapest option is 60+ bucks and I didn't even look at the most expensive option after that point.

Man I know Iceland is an island, but I once imported a music CD from loving Japan and shipping only cost like 5 bucks or something. It's also great that CCP only has like 25 items in their shop. They don't even sell their books on that store, which completely surprised me back when they came out. (To be fair, ordering the EVE artbooks from my book store around the corner meant I didn't have to pay CCP's stupid high shipping costs, but still.)

Libluini fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 20, 2016

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Oodles posted:

The first iteration was gently caress off prices because they were teaming up with a company that makes expensive, but high-quality, stuff. (At least the shirts were high quality, I suspect the jackets are completely average jackets with extra poo poo sewn on.)

I think people just want super-cheap shirts for their videogame apparel, because they don't plan to wear them all the time. They should have gone with the guys that Giant Bomb are using for shirts. Their shirts are paper-thin, slightly undersized, and super-cheap. But people still like them, because all they wanted was a disposable tshirt.

(Actually the best thing to do would be to have the really cheap tshirts and then an expensive, high quality hoodie or pullover for the obsessive fans.)

Libluini posted:

Man I know Iceland is an island, but I once imported a music CD from loving Japan and shipping only cost like 5 bucks or something.
They're not shipping from Iceland, it's from the US. They're just using a company that makes their profit on the shipping fees.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

They're not shipping from Iceland, it's from the US. They're just using a company that makes their profit on the shipping fees.

That's nuts, but also so much like CCP it hurts.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

well that was irritating.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Part of me wonders if high shipping prices are because of the fact that it's xmas time. The other part is :ccp:'s inability to do research.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oodles posted:

First iteration of the store (way back in like 2008) was "these prices are pretty lame but whatever" then they shut that down because CCP didn't feel like running it. Then they re-opened it with Musterbrand who had "gently caress you" prices ($120 for a sweater etc.) that nobody liked and the designs were pretty awful. Then they shut the store down again and 4 years later they have this, with "gently caress you" prices on shipping.

Conversely if you go to WeLoveFine who run stores for other games/studios, they have reasonable prices with acceptable shipping. Same with TheYetee.com, and a bunch of other places.

I could get a $15 shirt from one of those stores in the US, ship it to Korea and it only cost $23 total (after tax). Meanwhile anything from the current EVE store is like $40 in shipping on top of a $23 shirt. It's hilariously dumb. You're better off with the GoonSwag shirt or the PL shirt or whatever other shirt you can make. gently caress it you can even set up a Spreadshirt site with some decent designs and make cheaper stuff that's just as good of quality.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 20, 2016

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Also, since we're talking about eve shirts, here's my idea for the best eve shirt, shut it all down because nothing will ever top this:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would buy that.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Go Here. Sign up as a designer and make your own shirt with that. Claim Piotot is someones name?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh by the way, I just noticed CCP injected 300 AUR into my accounts. After looking around, apparently CCP secretly gifted the Aurum to every account someone logged into yesterday.

A nice surprise! Especially since there are many SKINs now costing only 250 AUR. (I used this gift to collect the Firecell-skins for Astero and Stratios. The leftovers went to the Sanctuary-skin for the Astero. Three new skins, thanks to CCP and some random leftover Aurum. Not bad.)

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Did you always want to have that sweet, sweet 80 bucks EVE-backpack? CCP has you covered! Your Christmas-gift for today is 15% off every merchandise from their shop.

It's the season of giving, so hop on over to their shop and give them lots of money! :shepface:

I went and had a look to see how :ccp: priced shipping to Australia, but seeing an A4-sized sheet of decals for $7 was enough for me to lol nope out of there

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Managed to get the x-mas skin for the Stabber:

Looks like a hybrid between the Stabber and the Vagabond. I love it.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In case any of you Goons want to do an esport thing and win some of those fancy IGC Skins in the spring there's an open sign up tournament called the EVE_NT Cup. The point is to help filter out and find teams to invite to the EVE_NT Minor League for the Spring Championship. Info below.

https://www.eve-nt.uk/eve_nt-cup/

quote:

Hi eveSports fans!

Have you been an EVE_NT Championship spectator and felt you could do just as well as those teams? Fancy a hand at being a team captain yourself? Well we have the opportunity for you! We would like to announce the first EVE_NT Cup!

EVE_NT Cup will run on the weekend of January 21-22nd 2017. This will be a first-come first serve cup with a maximum of 64 places which will determine which teams will be offered spots in our EVE_NT Championship Minor league.

To apply you will need to register a minimum of 8 players, maximum of 15. Each player must have an active TQ omega account and cannot have signed up for another team in the Championship (CCP will verify). To enter the EVE_NT Cup team captains must pay a deposit of 3 plex (to ensure attendance) plus an additional two (so 5 in total) which will be used as prizes for the top teams. The top 6 teams of the Cup will be offered a place in the Minor League season, so as well as making yourself available for the cup you must also have the following dates clear in your calendar – Feb 5th, Feb 19th, March 5th & March 19th.

The prizes for the Cup will be determined by the size of the prize pool, the current plan is to award prizes to the top 8 teams. Rules and fittings for the cup will be the same as rules for Season 2 of the Championship and announced no later than one week before the tournament (the format will be very similar).

To sign up to the EVE_NT Cup fill out this form here.

Deadline for sign-ups is the January 7th. You do not need to pay the deposit until instructed.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

working mom posted:

What. Does that work with guns or is the lock lost? Also do you still show in local?

you dont show in local and i never tested it with guns, because i think you lose locks when you close client unless you're in extreme tidi and it never triggered you as logging off.

sorry for the late reply im busy having sex with a lot of girls and playing a good video game called 'archeage'

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you dont show in local and i never tested it with guns, because i think you lose locks when you close client unless you're in extreme tidi and it never triggered you as logging off.

sorry for the late reply im busy having sex with a lot of girls and playing a good video game called 'archeage'

Aside from the fact that you don't show in local so you can do it with less chance of interruption, I can't really think of a good use for this vs an afk coercer which as an alpha can get 4x the dps as a stable smartbombing maller.

Also please don't lie, we both know that archeage is a terrible game, unless they fixed it all of a sudden

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

on the contrary, they made it worse but i'm having fun ironically multiboxing freighters in highsec

working mom posted:

I can't really think of a good use for this

you can have like 50 alpha accounts offline bash a tower for you while you're logged off playing archeage.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
The best use I found for those wagons was dragging people who were afk bashing training dummies off so that they logged off for inactivity :v:

It seems like a lot of effort for max 4300 dps (assuming mallers with 4med 1lrg), on either a poco or an offline pos, plus I doubt you could get that many on there without overlap. It's a neat idea but I'm not sure in practice its workable all that well (unless you were scaling with omegas offline with 8 large smartbombs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

So, with the game now F2P, is there any reason to pick up the $20 starter pack on steam if I wanted to check the game out?

• Locked thread