Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Covok posted:

Wait, wait, wait, are you seriously trying to tell me Canada is more racist than the US? With Trump as President? I find that hard to believe. Next, you're going to tell me Europe is more racist.

Actually, about that...France is currently about to elect a Trumplike bitch into power that will push for a French brexit which basically destroys the EU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

SocketWrench posted:

Actually, about that...France is currently about to elect a Trumplike bitch into power that will push for a French brexit which basically destroys the EU

And this is how the world ends. Not with a bang, but with a series of idoits hanging themselves.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Covok posted:

Wait, wait, wait, are you seriously trying to tell me Canada is more racist than the US? With Trump as President? I find that hard to believe. Next, you're going to tell me Europe is more racist.

Yeah Canada makes Andrew Jackson look like Pope Francis.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Re: Canada; see Rob Ford

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah, Canada has Baloogan after all
That, too.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Covok posted:

Try traveling. It broadens the mind. Yes, Europe has lots of racists.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Nah, I knew Europe was racist as gently caress, in general, but Canada seemed a lot better on those issues I guess.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Mantis42 posted:

Nah, I knew Europe was racist as gently caress, in general, but Canada seemed a lot better on those issues I guess.

They've got quite the hosed up history with the First Nations people.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Mantis42 posted:

They're not. They had what amounted to concentration camps for Indian kids for about a century in the form of residential schools, and until the 60s indians could not leave the reserve without a pass from the government. Last Res school closed in 96, though they were on the way out in the 70s. I could talk about indigenous people and their ongoing treatment by Canada at length, since it's half of my historical focus, I've experienced it, and two of my grandparents went through the schools, but not sure the Freep thread is the place for it.

Edit: Bonus. PM in 2009 claiming Canada has no history of colonialism while jerking off about how great Canada is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqTMbSrAnxQ&t=599s

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 17, 2017

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Refresh pages before responding.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tiberius Thyben posted:

They're not. They had what amounted to concentration camps for Indian kids for about a century in the form of residential schools, and until the 60s indians could not leave the reserve without a pass from the government. Last Res school closed in 96, though they were on the way out in the 70s. I could talk about indigenous people and their ongoing treatment by Canada at length, since it's half of my historical focus, I've experienced it, and two of my grandparents went through the schools, but not sure the Freep thread is the place for it.

Edit: Bonus. PM in 2009 claiming Canada has no history of colonialism while jerking off about how great Canada is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqTMbSrAnxQ&t=599s

I agree that this is the wrong thread, but if you ever felt like writing an effort post and making a thread, maybe in A/T, I'd read it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Canada is more racist than the US" is probably hyperbolic but yeah, lots of bad poo poo here too. There's an annoying tendency for Canadians to say "Oh those backwards Americans :allears:" whenever a US race riot is in the news, it's a bit of a blind spot

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Really it should be "all European and European descended countries are racist poo poo bags"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not to downplay the evils of colonialism, but I'm starting to get the impression that there's no need to limit that statement just the West.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Mustached Demon posted:

Really it should be "all European and European descended countries are racist poo poo bags"

If you're using the poli-sci definition of "able to exert racial privilege" then that's true most places by definition. If you're using it in the broader sense of "narrow-minded bigots" then you just described most of humanity. And arguably American whites are better than average for at least being *slightly* cognizant of racial privilege they hold.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Well yeah if you want to get pedantic we can conclude humanity deserves an apocalyptic meteor.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
The French national anthem, aka Alex Jones on :catdrugs : during a regular broadcast:

Arise, children of the Fatherland,
The day of glory has arrived!
Against us tyranny's
Bloody banner is raised, (repeat)
Do you hear, in the countryside,
The roar of those ferocious soldiers?
They're coming right into your arms
To cut the throats of your sons, your women!

To arms, citizens,
Form your battalions,
Let's march, let's march!
Let an impure blood
Soak our fields!

What does this horde of slaves,
Of traitors and conspiratorial kings want?
For whom are these vile chains,
These long-prepared irons? (repeat)
Frenchmen, for us, ah! What outrage
What fury it must arouse!
It is us they dare plan
To return to the old slavery!

To arms, citizens...

What! Foreign cohorts
Would make the law in our homes!
What! These mercenary phalanxes
Would strike down our proud warriors! (repeat)
Great God! By chained hands
Our brows would yield under the yoke
Vile despots would have themselves
The masters of our destinies!

To arms, citizens...

etc.

Fear of the outsiders and foriegners is codified in their national song. Also Canada has a few frenchies in there.

Goffer fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 18, 2017

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
My favorite posts from the Freep thread are when they actually experience the whiplash of Trump reversing himself on all of his campaign promises. Sure these moments of clarity are always snuffed out, but that brief window where they experience the absolute terror of sadness/awareness that they've been duped yet again is delicious schadenfreude.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Goffer posted:

The French national anthem, aka Alex Jones on :catdrugs : during a regular broadcast:

Against us tyranny's

To arms, citizens,
Form your battalions,
Let an impure blood
Soak our fields!

It is us they dare plan

To arms, citizens...

What! Foreign cohorts

To arms, citizens...

etc.

Fear of the outsiders and foriegners is codified in their national song. Also Canada has a few frenchies in there.

you know that this song was written during a time where the armies of European powers were attacking France right

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Kurtofan posted:

you know that this song was written during a time where the armies of European powers were attacking France right

No you see the French Revolution mainly came about because of economic anxiety regarding Prussians, Russians, Austrians, Brits, Ottomans, Spaniards, and Italians stealing NOTER TRAVAIL. The revolutionaries managed to dispose the Bourbons, who were despised because they allowed porous borders, but went too far when they composed that anti-globalist song quoted above and beheaded Louis XVI, noted deep state actor. This was a straw too far for the fragmented globalists of Europe and they all sent their armies and navies to crush the insurrection. Amid the chaos, a proud nationalist, who was not afraid to be anti-PC or HRE, arose. His name was Napoleon Albert Einstein Bonaparte. And he promised to build a "Maginot Wall" to keep the foreign hordes at bay. Alas, the combined weight of the globe proved too much for Napoleon--who was no Atlas--and he ended up exiled, mostly due to unfair treatment in the press. But his ground game was in the hearts of the French people all along and he quickly returned to defend las volk against the impending international doom. But you know how this story must end by now: the globalists using nefarious tactics such as a larger, more experienced, better supplied force defeated the Homme whom loved France and Corsica first and foremost.

And that is why La Marseillaise is xenophobic and racist and bad.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Trump congratulates Turkey's Erdogan on referendum win

quote:

To: Theoria
UH!!?

5 posted on 4/17/2017, 8:21:10 PM by aquila48
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: deadrock
Why .. why ... WHYYYY?!?

6 posted on 4/17/2017, 8:21:45 PM by 198ml ("Profit")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

I don’t like this at all.

Erdogan is the closest thing to Hitler Europe has seen since the end of WWII.

8 posted on 4/17/2017, 8:25:53 PM by dfwgator

quote:

I hope this is incorrect.

9 posted on 4/17/2017, 8:26:01 PM by lee martell

quote:

I’m going to give Trump the benefit of doubt for now.

The fact that islam is PURE evil and ergot of Turkey appears to follow it...I will trust Trump has a plan to defeat islam.

If not, GTFO.

10 posted on 4/17/2017, 8:26:06 PM by soycd

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Pontius Pilate posted:

No you see the French Revolution mainly came about because of economic anxiety regarding Prussians, Russians, Austrians, Brits, Ottomans, Spaniards, and Italians stealing NOTER TRAVAIL. The revolutionaries managed to dispose the Bourbons, who were despised because they allowed porous borders, but went too far when they composed that anti-globalist song quoted above and beheaded Louis XVI, noted deep state actor. This was a straw too far for the fragmented globalists of Europe and they all sent their armies and navies to crush the insurrection. Amid the chaos, a proud nationalist, who was not afraid to be anti-PC or HRE, arose. His name was Napoleon Albert Einstein Bonaparte. And he promised to build a "Maginot Wall" to keep the foreign hordes at bay. Alas, the combined weight of the globe proved too much for Napoleon--who was no Atlas--and he ended up exiled, mostly due to unfair treatment in the press. But his ground game was in the hearts of the French people all along and he quickly returned to defend las volk against the impending international doom. But you know how this story must end by now: the globalists using nefarious tactics such as a larger, more experienced, better supplied force defeated the Homme whom loved France and Corsica first and foremost.

And that is why La Marseillaise is xenophobic and racist and bad.

:perfect:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Goffer posted:

Against us tyranny's

To arms, citizens,
Form your battalions,
Let an impure blood
Soak our fields!

It is us they dare plan

To arms, citizens...

What! Foreign cohorts

To arms, citizens...

etc.

Ours is more "gently caress the British". Russia's is just a drunk cossack beating himself to a climax by every chorus

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 18, 2017

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

More from Trump congratulating Erdogan:

quote:

Donald has very good manners. Of course he called Erdogan. The best move to open up possible negotiations about things that will arise. What’s he supposed to do? Send in the Tomahawks?

26 posted on 18/04/2017, 13:41:19 by Veto! (Opinions freely dispensed as advice)

He's known for those

quote:

To: Freedom56v2
Trump was tougher on Merkel than on Erdogan.

30 posted on 18/04/2017, 14:07:49 by 353FMG (AMERICA FIRST.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Watching them try to keep their plaque-riddled brains together as their precious god-emperor betrays them in every way possible is the best entertainment I've had in years. I just wish we could have shuffled them all off to the Republican Reservation for it, though, so it wasn't stunting societal progress.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I wish now he'd just come out and say "psyched" and turn into a good responsible President.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Fathis Munk posted:

I wish now he'd just come out and say "psyched" and turn into a good responsible President.

Trump supporters have been thinking this was going to happen from day 1, and...everything else was just him playing 72nd-dimensional-billiards-chess-Russian-Roulette-strip-poker.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fathis Munk posted:

Heh, yeah....but he's got like 70 years of never being responsible, so expecting him to do that now is about as likely as Hardcore Republicans admitting they hosed up while Trump's in office

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well, if we're at wishing already, why not wish for the stars !

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SocketWrench posted:

Ours is more "gently caress the British".

Isn't there also a hint of slavery is cool and extremely good

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

SocketWrench posted:

Ours is more "gently caress the British".

Never a bad decision.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
GOP senator: Trump should spend less time at Mar-a-Lago

Pretend I posted that picture showing Trump taking more vacation days at this point than Clinton, Bush, and Obama combined.

quote:

To: GIdget2004

Trump will save this nation a vast sum that will make the cost of these trips look like chicken feed, by the time he’s done.

Trump works long hours and is dedicated to bringing this nation back to it’s prime status.

How he chooses to unwind at the end of the week, is fine with me.

We just had an idiot for eight years that screwed us into the ground at every opportunity, and was constantly taking vacations. That’s now what I see going on here at all.

3 posted on 04/18/2017 12:24:47 PM PDT by DoughtyOne (Happy days are here again!)

quote:

Beats camp David

4 posted on 04/18/2017 12:24:49 PM PDT by ImJustAnotherOkie

quote:

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

quote:

He’s not doing anything important, like brokering a deal with China to squeeze North Korea and, maybe, shut NK down while avoiding a war. Nothing important at all; maybe Joni should shut up and try and accomplish something useful like helping Trump repeal Obama care and pass tax reform.

6 posted on 04/18/2017 12:25:41 PM PDT by Truth29

quote:

The White House is riddled with bugs and leakers.
Trump goes to Mar a Lago for a reason.

8 posted on 04/18/2017 12:25:49 PM PDT by Buckeye McFrog

quote:

We need a new White House in DC. The current one is outdated, overly-crowded and insufficient for the 21st century.

10 posted on 04/18/2017 12:26:43 PM PDT by be-baw (still seeking)

The Senator complaining is a woman, by the way.

quote:

Oh, shaddup you dumb broad

11 posted on 04/18/2017 12:27:41 PM PDT by goodnesswins (Say hello to President Trump)

quote:

FR s***poster Luircin: Joni Ernst should mind her own #### business and STFU.

15 posted on 04/18/2017 12:28:08 PM PDT by Luircin (Dancing in the streets! Time to DRAIN THE SWAMP!)

No see, Trump earned it!

quote:

Where were these people when 0bama was golfing 3 times a week and going to Marthad Vineyard?

I am all for Trump taking the weekend t o unwind at Mara Largo. Unlike his predecesor, he works all week. He shouldngo down and recharge on the weekend.

16 posted on 04/18/2017 12:28:26 PM PDT by Angels27

Fake News!

quote:

To: Truth29

Yes, Joni should shut the hell up and do something useful.

Also, the $$ amount being reported is TOTALLY FAKE. Judicial Watch got the travel data, and it is 66% less than what's being reported.

17 posted on 04/18/2017 12:28:48 PM PDT by onona (Keeping the faith will be our new directive for the republic !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

Bitch,Bitch, Birch

Trump can be where ever be wants to be

He’s president

19 posted on 04/18/2017 12:29:46 PM PDT by bert (K.E.; N.P.; GOPc;WASP .... Hillary is Ameritrash, pass it on)

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27

"WTF is wrong with these people? Does DC infect their brain or something?

To these people I am a sclub in fly over country. But I get it.

* Mar-a-Lago is his.
* He is comfortable their, likes the food.
* But more important in the leak days of his Admin ( they may not be over ) he could be sure Mar-a-Lago wasn't bugged!
* He could speak and conduct business in a relaxed environment, not a cesspool with telescopic lenses and reporters that raise the question, "Who raised you?" because they behave so bad, not to name any names Andrea Mitchell....

22 posted on 04/18/2017 12:30:20 PM PDT by taildragger (Do you hear the people singing? The Song of Angry Men!....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Don’t they have a nation to save or embezzle from? something more important than bashing their own..

2017.. Folks, I give you the Twit Party.. a proud step sister of the eGOP.

23 posted on 04/18/2017 12:31:13 PM PDT by NormsRevenge (Semper Fi - Monthly Donors Rock!!!)

quote:

Oh for gawds sakes . . . STHU and get something constructive done

I swear these idiots are suicidal

25 posted on 04/18/2017 12:31:17 PM PDT by A_Former_Democrat ("Liberalism is a mental disorder" On FULL Display NOW! BOYCOTT Mexico nba NFL PepsiCO Kellogg's)

quote:

Trump doesn't feel secure in the Oval Office. ..and given what we've learned. ..I don't blame him. Trump gets more done for the good of the country in one weekend in Mar-a-Largo then Obama got done in 8 years.

In a perverse way, we felt better when Obama was on vacation because he turned his attention to golf rather than continuing to wreck the country.

27 posted on 04/18/2017 12:31:40 PM PDT by McBuff

quote:

The less time our representatives, including the President, spend in Washington, the better.

“Washington” is an antiquated notion. It’s not like this is 1800 and our politicians have to take a horse and buggy to Washington to get their work done.

Nearly every one of them could get their work done from an office in their home district, or from their home, saving us billions. Let them meet in person once a year for the State of the Union or something.

Washington is the problem. Let Washington become a museum.

34 posted on 04/18/2017 12:35:46 PM PDT by JennysCool

quote:

To: be-baw

We need a new capital. Brazil had the right idea when it schlepped everything to the boondocks and developed Brasilia. For those who scoff, let me remind them what Disney did with a couple tens of thousands of acres of swamp near Kissimmee in Florida. Put it somewhere only an ascetic could love free from existing slums, traffic congestion, homos, commies, drug dealers, whores and lobbyists. I think the worst of those might be obvious. Remove any incentives to stay past the sell-by date and you will never need term limits.

36 posted on 04/18/2017 12:37:04 PM PDT by VietVet876
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

Joni, do your job you are being paid to do.
You represent Iowa.
You are NOT Trump’s Social Director.

39 posted on 04/18/2017 12:37:43 PM PDT by Zathras

Sure he isn't. :rolleyes:

quote:

He isn’t taking a salary, and I bet he isn’t charging the government for the trips. The cost of the govt apparatus can’t be helped. They can piss off.

42 posted on 04/18/2017 12:38:16 PM PDT by ichabod1 (I call Obama "osama" because he damaged us far more than Osama bin Ladin ever did.)

How dare you!

quote:

Uh, Joni, it is HIS HOUSE. How dare you.

43 posted on 04/18/2017 12:40:15 PM PDT by SoFloFreeper

Weird.

quote:

wow. there are some weird repsonses in this thread.

look, it’s our first mega-millionaire as president. he shouldn’t have to suddenly start living like a mere member of the middle upper class because he has agreed to lead the free world.

(but no, the freaking white house isn’t over-crowded or antiquated, he won’t somehow make back his travel costs, there’s nothing wrong with camp david, earnst isn’t a “dumb broad”, and the white house is absolutely secure)

weird, weird, weird.

50 posted on 04/18/2017 12:44:16 PM PDT by JohnBrowdie

...when you yourself go on vacations!

quote:

These people have no spine. Always caving to RAT think.

No wonder they get nothing done.

I wish these Congress creeps would actually WORK instead of vacationing and get some of what we voted for done.

How about all of Congress save taxpayer money and give up their taxpayer funded paychecks like Trump does.

52 posted on 04/18/2017 12:45:51 PM PDT by dforest

quote:

To: DoughtyOne

That same idiot was a duffer and took mulligans.

Hell, the news guys covering him literally said “This guy sucks”.

He couldn’t bowl, wore mom pants, rode a girls bike and ghe worst....this is literally the worst

He threw like a girl....

When Trump golfs he is actually working and gets deals done or sets the foundation for a deal.

He’s gotten businesses to proclaim they are growing because they have faith in him.

Every, that every day, we are reading about all kinds of businesses who are hiring.

The stock market was suppose to tank and well, it looks like it is rising every week since the election.

That since the election. Not because of any policy i initiative. That is on his personality alone.

What is going to happen to the economy when he gets his policy initiative’s?

He just put the world on notice with our “Arsenal of Democracy”. Not the WWII arsenal that we loaned out. He used our actual arsenal.

I suspect more than one nation got the message and is at least not advancing certain political and military objectives the previous pussies allowed.

He gave our generals more leeway and autonomy to pursue, destroy and kill Islamic terrorists and I guess he had only prerequisite “be mindful of optics” but, do your worst...(or something like that)

Shut up Joni

54 posted on 04/18/2017 12:46:30 PM PDT by Vendome (I've Gotta Be Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH-pk2vZG2M)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Parley Baer

“Trump most likely works about 16 hours per day M-F. Then he works at Mar A Largo. Joni needs to bug off.”

And where was all this GOP complaining when obama was flying to Honolulu, Hawaii, to play golf and all over e.g. Palm Springs, California and Florida to just play golf and of course every chance he got playing At Andrews AFB and around DC. I sure didn’t hear any bitching then.

60 posted on 04/18/2017 12:48:23 PM PDT by kagnew
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

We need a new capital. Brazil had the right idea when it schlepped everything to the boondocks and developed Brasilia. For those who scoff, let me remind them what Disney did with a couple tens of thousands of acres of swamp near Kissimmee in Florida. Put it somewhere only an ascetic could love free from existing slums, traffic congestion, homos, commies, drug dealers, whores and lobbyists. I think the worst of those might be obvious. Remove any incentives to stay past the sell-by date and you will never need term limits.

Wait isn't that exactly what we did when we built DC? "Hoookay the federal government needs a place out from under a state government's jurisdiction, so who's got some land you don't want. Hey how about this fetid disease-ridden swamp on the Potomac, you're not using that right Virginia."
*government has to flee the capital every summer for the next century to not die of malaria*

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Jagged Jim posted:

GIdget2004

Bitch,Bitch, Birch

Trump can be where ever be wants to be

He’s president

19 posted on 04/18/2017 12:29:46 PM PDT by bert (K.E.; N.P.; GOPc;WASP .... Hillary is Ameritrash, pass it on)

DO NOT PRESUME TO TELL THE GOD EMPEROR WHAT TO DO.

Politicians should serve the people tho.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^ 20 bucks that fucker was a raving lunatic about anytime Obama went somewhere. I remember the poo poo fit they had because he and Michele went to a play after a month or two in office. You'd think he had sold the US to china

Jagged Jim posted:

The White House is riddled with bugs and leakers.
Trump goes to Mar a Lago for a reason.

8 posted on 04/18/2017 12:25:49 PM PDT by Buckeye McFrog

Maybe he should have extended positions to qualified people rather than his cronies who blab all the poo poo they know all the time. I mean gently caress, the guy he put in charge to stop the leaks was the biggest leaker of the group

quote:

Where were these people when 0bama was golfing 3 times a week and going to Marthad Vineyard?

I am all for Trump taking the weekend t o unwind at Mara Largo. Unlike his predecesor, he works all week. He shouldngo down and recharge on the weekend.

16 posted on 04/18/2017 12:28:26 PM PDT by Angels27

Considering Trump's already far surpassed Obama's vacation days in just the first hundred days, why aren't you holding Trump to the same standards you demand of others? You should be outraged, instead you're making excuses

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Apr 19, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

quote:

If he thinks Disney was built away from traffic, gays, drug dealers, and whores, he clearly hasn't seen the Disney College Program.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The lobbists will go to the new capital like camp followers.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

If he thinks Disney was built away from traffic, gays, drug dealers, and whores, he clearly hasn't seen the Disney College Program.

Those 3 loving words made the 18 months I lived in Orlando with 3 roommates (2 of who worked for the mouse) so amazing. gently caress. I still remember the penicillin shot I had to get. Thanks Jennifer.

But for real, if you're an early 20's guy, Pleasure Island on a Thursday night was where you wanted to be, thanks to College Night and no cover.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

quote:

I know we talk about how weird and stupid and whatever these dudes are, but this statement is literally detached from reality.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

chitoryu12 posted:

Well, the reason he built there was one, he wanted a place where his park could be open year round, and two, lots of cheap land to build on. Obviously places where there's lots of traffic or population the land either isn't going to exist or be expensive.
I thought freepers hated Disney anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

SocketWrench posted:

Well, the reason he built there was one, he wanted a place where his park could be open year round, and two, lots of cheap land to build on. Obviously places where there's lots of traffic or population the land either isn't going to exist or be expensive.
I thought freepers hated Disney anyways

Well when Disneyland was built Anaheim wasn't that big but it had a population surge soon after. Walt didn't like that if you went up on the matterhorn you could see the express way, felt it killed the magic.

So when he built Disney world he wanted one on the east coast since he noticed less than 20% of Disneyland guests came from east of the Mississippi. The local government of Buena Vista wasn't too keen on it so they said no. So he formed some shell companies to buy the land and sell it back to himself.

In essence freep might hate Disney the company but Walt is exactly the kind of pure American born capitalist Uber mensch they adore.