Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I want Julius. Let him be able to attack unarmed, but punches can do the lowest level of stun(walking but no actions) at best.

A grab kill when he's out of stamina should aways be the head punch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah, like I'm pretty happy with the actual gameplay, the characters, Jasons and all that, the biggest thing I want is more places to run around in.

People in a bunch of other places are STILL going crazy over bugs and stuff but it seems like they already got rid of the real bad offenders? I dunno on that one.

The only major problem bug right now is items phasing into the ground. I've lost track of how many times the fuse just embeds itself in the dirt and nobody can do anything with it anymore. If they fix that, the game's in a good place

Though I think the console versions are lagging behind PC a bit with these fixes so that might be why people are still complaining

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Kelp Plankton posted:

Though I think the console versions are lagging behind PC a bit

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah, like I'm pretty happy with the actual gameplay, the characters, Jasons and all that, the biggest thing I want is more places to run around in.

I'd suggest a Jason Takes Manhattan map that has New York themed loading screens but then ends up being on a boat.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I have the day off work today so when do the majority of Xbone goons play this game? I'd like to get in on that action. Been meaning to join the club but i'm not even sure where that feature is on the dashboard.

I'm on the west coast so not until like 9pm my time. The weekends are better but I've never been able to get more than 2 other other goons in a game. My handle is DG Stryker .

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Phylodox posted:

I'd suggest a Jason Takes Manhattan map that has New York themed loading screens but then ends up being on a boat.

The map is even called Manhattan, and the image for it is the skyline of New York. But then it's just a boat.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is there cross-platform play?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
don't worry alt you can always go back to dead by daylight wait lol no you can't those devs are one hundred percent determined to destroy their own game by catering to the toxic fucks that F13 is banning!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Is there cross-platform play?

No. None such luck. Would be great though as I don't think m/kb gives you that much of an advantage. Maybe only with like throwing knives?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This is one of the first games in a long time where I don't put some video on in the background because I am engrossed.

I wish I could hear other players more reliably. A lot of them seem to have very low mic levels.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I finally got the Chad is a Dick achievement. I earned it too, i carried both the propeller and gas every inch.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I'm on the west coast so not until like 9pm my time. The weekends are better but I've never been able to get more than 2 other other goons in a game. My handle is DG Stryker .

West coast too, and most of my game time is on weekends/monday because of my work schedule.

I try to get in and play for a while when I've got nothing better to do.

Also for fucks sake Xbox, can I please have a way to turn off "Looking for Group" notifications if I'm set to "appear offline"? I want to watch Netflix in peace without fifteen loving notifications that someone on my friends list is looking for people to play Friday.

Also I'll have my videos up later this weekend, I've got a bunch of work I need to get done on my laptop this weekend anyway.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

Haha, so on the topic of the ban stuff, this is the top review on the game right now, saw it from elsewhere and then went to check myself.

Now knowing hokey rear end stories like this from 100 different places, I looked into it some because he sounds full of it. Like 3 pages into the discussion and you get this gem.

And a whole one more page comes up with this.

GUYS IT'S SUCH AN INJUSTICE THAT A BIG SEXIST rear end in a top hat GOT BANNED, HE JUST WANTED TO CALL PEOPLE FAGS :qq:

Oh man, I was waaaaaay younger than 12 when I first saw the Friday the 13th movies. I hope :reddit: doesn't find out.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hey speaking of science camp we should post our experiments as we think of them i think

i have two questions in my head right now:

1) there is definitely something that determines overall counselor health and makes this different per counselor. case in point is if you step into a trap as AJ, she immediately goes into a hurt/shamble state, while hitting a trap as Buggzy or Adam won't hurt them the same way. what influences overall health?
Methodology: get AJ, Vanessa, Chubs, JonTron, and Buggzy with a Jason that has normal traps and have them all step on a trap. crawling through broken windows won't work because Luck influences that and will spoil the results. thick skin is right out for this test. alternately we can use strikes from jason as a barometer, but i'd prefer traps since it has a discrete result of shambling/not shambling. the counselor array has a good variation of stats and should give us some good suggestions on what, if anything, actually influences health. my guess is that it is Strength, with 3 or less being enough for a trap to send you into critical. however, Stamina is also possible. chubs will help control for if it's something more esoteric like counselor gender or something.

2) medic allows 2 uses per spray, but what happens if someone uses one spray of it, then passes it off? does the game keep track of the 'medic use', or does that bit of data get lost as it leaves the scope of your inventory?
Methodology: get 2 players with Medic and 1 player without Medic. crawl through broken windows to induce damage. run the following trials:
a) medic player heals self, drops spray, hurts self again, picks up dropped spray, heals self again. did the spray disappear?
b) medic player heals self, drops spray. second medic player picks up dropped spray, heals self. did the spray disappear?
c) medic player heals self, drops spray. non-medic player picks up dropped spray. can they heal?
my hypothesis is that the medic use is persisted on the spray itself, and is essentially treated as a 'free' use, so my guess is that these trials' answers will be yes, yes, and yes.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jul 6, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

Starting in the lodge is weak. That happened to me a couple times recently and it was instant death for Chad.

Run. Jason doesn't have shift early in the match so if you can put a little distance between the two of you all he can do is throw knives.

This is one of the first games in a long time where I don't put some video on in the background because I am engrossed.

I wish I could hear other players more reliably. A lot of them seem to have very low mic levels.

Aren't you on Steam? You should join the goon group. Way more fun than pub rounds.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Regrettable posted:

Aren't you on Steam? You should join the goon group. Way more fun than pub rounds.

I've been pretty lucky to get good groups and I'm so lovely I don't want you guys to know.

edit: As for running my map knowledge is still pretty low. I'm not bored at all by the map selection since I don't know what the gently caress is going on in any of them.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 6, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4St1ow1g-NA

Chubs might be my favorite video game character now

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I've been pretty lucky to get good groups and I'm so lovely I don't want you guys to know.

edit: As for running my map knowledge is still pretty low. I'm not bored at all by the map selection since I don't know what the gently caress is going on in any of them.

Eh, we get newbies pretty regularly and you'll get better much quicker than you would with pubs. Also, you're supposed to die more often than not in this game so that's not really a big deal.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

This has been something I've noticed since I started playing. Either people are screaming obscenities or they're talking quietly. Even with voice at 100 and everything else at 70 I have trouble hearing some people.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i've memorized most of the important things about each map layout and games are still extremely exciting; if anything the game is less interesting when you know gently caress-all because you are running around guessing like an idiot and will shortly be dead having accomplished nothing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Regrettable posted:

Eh, we get newbies pretty regularly and you'll get better much quicker than you would with pubs. Also, you're supposed to die more often than not in this game so that's not really a big deal.

I'm Slowpoke in the steam group and also the discord. Should I be linking those somehow?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

in the discord just pay attention when people pop @here and when you show up for a spot folks can sort out the other organizational junk

it only takes a second

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Seriously, join us for group games on steam. I'm pant on head retarded in this game but never feel like I'm not welcome. And I've noticed doing way better in pub games due to having to be loving god like to survive against some of these people. Just don't cross Venus unless you want a shotgun or 4 seater through your face.

Also hopefully I can join you guys. I'm on call this month so I keep getting dragged into poo poo at the worst time.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I enjoy the little boy swear game too much to give up pub life.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I'm Slowpoke in the steam group and also the discord. Should I be linking those somehow?

Like Coolguy said, just pay attention to Discord. Also, I went ahead and sent you a friend request. I'm Ozone on Steam.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Regrettable posted:

Like Coolguy said, just pay attention to Discord. Also, I went ahead and sent you a friend request. I'm Ozone on Steam.

OK I ignored u. Anyone else?

:murder:

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Coolguye posted:

hey speaking of science camp we should post our experiments as we think of them i think
I dunno how to test for any of these, nor any idea if they have already been answered, but these are the questions I have currently.

1. I want to know which exit strategy is the fastest. Police is the most efficient, but I want to know given perfect circumstances which is the fastest.
2. Is there an acceleration/top speed difference in the blue car vs the yellow car?
3. Without morph or shift, can any Jason outrun the boat?
4. Faster to jump through windows, or climb through? Open or closed?
5. Closets and beds: how long does it take Jason to destroy an empty one? A full one? Does which Jason matter?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

I dunno how to test for any of these, nor any idea if they have already been answered, but these are the questions I have currently.

1. I want to know which exit strategy is the fastest. Police is the most efficient, but I want to know given perfect circumstances which is the fastest.
2. Is there an acceleration/top speed difference in the blue car vs the yellow car?
3. Without morph or shift, can any Jason outrun the boat?
4. Faster to jump through windows, or climb through? Open or closed?
5. Closets and beds: how long does it take Jason to destroy an empty one? A full one? Does which Jason matter?

i can answer a few of these

1) there are too many variables to test this, and this is a critical part of the game's design. even in a 'perfect' circumstance for the boat, where you find the gas can and the propeller in the same house, did the boat spawn on the stilwater dock or the main higgins complex on higgins haven? in the latter case it is going to lose to a 'perfect' spawn where all 3 parts spawned in the main higgins complex for the car, but in the former the boat will win. in a practical sense it's an academic question, too; the perfect spawn happens so rarely for vehicles it's practically unheard of. the phone is the only one you have half a prayer of getting a 'perfect' spawn for because it's only one part.
2) doubt it, but a good enough question to be worth testing.
3) yes, +water jason can
4) depends on your definition of getting 'through' the window. if you mean safely on the other side of the window, jumping beats it by a country mile. up until a counselor has both legs through the window, jason can hit or grab them and the game treats them as though they are on the originating side of the window. i've gotten many, many kills by tagging someone with a throwing knife as they attempted to crawl through a window and interrupting their animation. jumping through the window has a very small window where you can be grabbed out of mid-air, but the animation cannot be interrupted by damage. as such, you will be safely through the window much, much faster by jumping. if you instead mean shortest time to controllable, crawling barely wins because of the recovery time involved with your counselor hauling themselves off the ground. the perk Sneaky makes this comparison much more drastic if you've got a good copy of it that can reduce the time for the window crawling animation by 20%+. a closed window doesn't change the animation for jumping through at all, though it does obviously break the window and do damage.
5) academic since a jason that destroys a 'full' bed is killing someone and an empty one is a waste of time. a seek and destroy kill animation is comparable in length to the jaw rip grab kill. i dunno the precise number of seconds it lasts but it barely matters, you're killing people. the jason does not matter in a real sense though, since each jason uses nearly identical animations for the motions.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

What I meant by "perfect conditions" and all is the time it takes to do each with Kennys, and not related to spawn times and all. Like is it faster to get the car started vs the boat vs calling the police. Then we can extrapolate from there what the fastest ideal escape is, I guess is what I'm trying to figure out.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Skunkrocker posted:

What I meant by "perfect conditions" and all is the time it takes to do each with Kennys, and not related to spawn times and all. Like is it faster to get the car started vs the boat vs calling the police. Then we can extrapolate from there what the fastest ideal escape is, I guess is what I'm trying to figure out.

Any Jason worth his salt is not going to let you get the phone done at the onset of the match, the 5 minute timer and run to the exit is also a mandatory part of the phone escape - same thing with driving the vehicle off the map.

I think the theoretical "fastest" is a boat spawn at Woodberry or Stillwater with all components at those camps.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've escaped in under two minutes thanks to boat and luck before. I think it's how I got Chad Is A Dick too

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I think my record was the gas in the northwest house with me, and the propeller in the boathouse at Crystal Lake with my irl friend.

He's tubby and I'm Deb, so we were loving gone in about 90 seconds. Jason was loving furious.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

I've escaped in under two minutes thanks to boat and luck before. I think it's how I got Chad Is A Dick too

I'm pretty sure you and I managed to escape in the two-seater in about two and a half minutes once, but I think the boat is just a little faster. It was one of the rounds where we started in Blair's Cove and everything needed to start the car was in the two buildings right next to it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The fastest escape I've ever had is probably still that match I laid out before when Kelp was Savini Jason.

Me and three others all spawned right next to the 4-door, the gas was like one house away and the battery and keys were in the place right next to it. We were gone like 3-4 minutes in/before he even had shift.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regrettable posted:

I'm pretty sure you and I managed to escape in the two-seater in about two and a half minutes once, but I think the boat is just a little faster. It was one of the rounds where we started in Blair's Cove and everything needed to start the car was in the two buildings right next to it.

Me and Sargo did this like, twice or so a few times.

We definitely did as well. It's pretty great when it happens

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Well I spawned next to the phone house once and didn't realize it until I was already inside and saw the phone. Turned to leave and run for it and found the fuse in a drawer I accidentally opened. Said gently caress it, I'm Deb, lets at least try.

Oddly Jason NEVER morphed in, and we had the cops coming in within 60 seconds.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Burkion posted:

I'll loving fly, just you watch me

Though I would adore a crazy old man character who can't fight back, instead he just runs around and you can press the mouse button to yell out different cries of doom. DOOM

Give him Jason's Morph ability and we're gold. You could have him just pop out from behind doors or step out from behind trees.

I told ya this place's got a death curse on it! But you wouldn't listen! You're doomed, you're all doomed!

...doomed!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well I just had my best game ever. gently caress you tinfoil!

So first game, Tinfoil rolls up as Jason, I'm Chubs. I get the gas in the car and get murdered for my trouble but that's fine. That is the way of Chubs.

Then I come back as Tommy and spend most of the rest of the match just distracting Tinfoil. I finish the car, gently caress with a generator, and just generally keep drawing his attention back to me so that the other Chubs of the match could escape in the boat. Victory

And then the second game happened.

Oh BOY. So I spawn as Deb, Jet is Jason. I immediately find the battery, Terry rolls up with the gas, and then another person comes up with the keys. I get the car put together and we escape in under three minutes.

I then respawn as Tommy, take a stroll past Jason as he's chasing down Tinfoil, get a long shot on him just to be a dick, and continue on my way. Jet is chasing Tin from the boat which they got put together but he ruined.

So I stroll up to the boat while Jet is busy with everyone else, swim to it, get in, and drive on out.

BURK WINS

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know I shouldn't be surprised, and I shouldn't even go there, but hoo man is the subreddit for this game rallying behind the right to sling around homophobic slurs, and just :cripes:

I should have known they would because it's reddit, but :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Of all the things for people to try and rise up against Gun about, it's that they banned a babyman who couldn't contain their bigotry.

• Locked thread