Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

Xaris posted:

yoko taro owns

hope we get a new nier or other new yoko game soon

he needs to go out drinking with a different dev studio every few years and end up with a deal for a new game by the morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

been talked about before, but the Yoko Taro/Hideo Kojima game would end gaming

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

been talked about before, but the Yoko Taro/Hideo Kojima game would end gaming

that's why we need it so much

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
as long as taro stays away from the gameplay parts. sorry it's just not even a contest there

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

drat horror queefs posted:

Kojima is from the future and just likes loving with us

Hatebag posted:

If the mel gibson character did in fact call someone sugar tits that's some powerful kojima precognition re: mel Gibson's dui where he called a cop sugar tits

I hate to be that guy, but that line was made up by someone on the fan translation of the game and not part of the original script. I remember Slowbeef who worked on the patch talking about the line on a podcast or something.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
that's the main translation people play with, isn't it? there's no official one i think

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Al! posted:

what the gently caress is eliminations

Cuttlefush posted:

(it's an accounting thing for dealing with money going in between different companies or parts of the company or whatever. it dont matter)
wrong, it's execution tech, like electric chairs and poo poo

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

that's the main translation people play with, isn't it? there's no official one i think

Yeah, but it was the most professional and complete done at that point, so it was a big deal when it came out.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

NotPerfect posted:

Yeah, but it was the most professional and complete done at that point, so it was a big deal when it came out.

might as well be official. im stamping it

A Buttery Pastry posted:

wrong, it's execution tech, like electric chairs and poo poo

murders and executions, yeah

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Game Pass is a buck again. Any good indie games come out this year?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

snoremac posted:

Pentiment

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

snoremac posted:

there's a bunch of good games on it rn they added this year or so if you never played them

Pentiment
Toem
Slayers X Terminal Aftermath: Vengence of the Slayer (Hypnospace Outlaw devs)
Hypnospace Outlaw
Chicory: A Colorful Tale
Rune Factory 4
TUNIC
Hi-Fi Rush
The Gunk
Grounded
Dyson Sphere Program
Las
Last Call BBS

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
That was the last thing I played on Game Pass.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Xaris posted:

there's a bunch of good games on it rn they added this year or so if you never played them

Pentiment
Toem
Slayers X Terminal Aftermath: Vengence of the Slayer (Hypnospace Outlaw devs)
Hypnospace Outlaw
Chicory: A Colorful Tale
Rune Factory 4
TUNIC
Hi-Fi Rush
The Gunk
Grounded
Dyson Sphere Program
Las
Last Call BBS
I bought Hypnospace forever ago on Switch, I should give it a go finally.

I loved Signalis recently. I'm hoping for another gem like that I ignored.

I also loved the Chopin music it opens with and have since heard it in two other things. Weird how that happens.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
slayers x is worth the dollar and i dont even like boomer shooters much

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at ornstein+smaugh. really just being mean to the player. just go beastmode on smough with lightning spear smashing estus and big lightning dude is just like a fancy iron golem

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at ornstein+smaugh. really just being mean to the player. just go beastmode on smough with lightning spear smashing estus and big lightning dude is just like a fancy iron golem

true doom murderheads kill ornstein first and deal with big rear end smough covering half the arena in lightning butt stomps

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

indigi posted:

so how does the ASUS deck competitor stack up so far. starting to get itchy for a decklike.

its fan blows hot air into the sd card slot and boils it alive, it's great

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

true doom murderheads kill ornstein first and deal with big rear end smough covering half the arena in lightning butt stomps

i like that the smoke clears and it reveals smoughs XXL heavy duty elevator lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Smough ruthlessly dropping the hammer on ornsteins twitching corpse is iconic

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
if u cast Guiding Light in front of the Anor Londo spiral staircase a secret message lights up:

Ornstein is Smough

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
pushed through Maliketh, dogged right for the end of the game, the last three fights are a lot of fun!

except the beast, why must you run so far from me, my love? come see my big shiny beast jaw!

they really, really leaned into that whole delayed telegraph motif big on Radagon, some of his attacks hit at such weird intervals once he winds them up, but it was the first fight in ages I’d actually hosed up even with a mimic tear out to help.

now where’s my loving dlc fromsoft!?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

indigi posted:

so how does the ASUS deck competitor stack up so far. starting to get itchy for a decklike.

only seems worthwhile if you need to run windows on your decklike. which is legit for some uses (gamepass, online games with anti-cheat software that prevents linux users from playing, etc) but generally unless you have one of those specific uses in mind it's better to just get the 'deck

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Srice posted:

only seems worthwhile if you need to run windows on your decklike. which is legit for some uses (gamepass, online games with anti-cheat software that prevents linux users from playing, etc) but generally unless you have one of those specific uses in mind it's better to just get the 'deck

the lack of touchpad seems like a really bad decision, I don't use them on the deck too much but some games would be extremely painful without it (Roadwarden most recently) to simulate a mouse

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

NotPerfect posted:

I hate to be that guy, but that line was made up by someone on the fan translation of the game and not part of the original script. I remember Slowbeef who worked on the patch talking about the line on a podcast or something.

Hm, i thought it seemed too on the nose. Looks like the sugar tits incident was in 2006 and the translation came out in 2009. drat

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

the lack of touchpad seems like a really bad decision, I don't use them on the deck too much but some games would be extremely painful without it (Roadwarden most recently) to simulate a mouse

Yeah same, just real nice to have that option for some games.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Wtf

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The fortnite peakers are claiming the August crew pack will be a 2 skin set. That is a 1st.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
went back to SYNTHETIK since I'm done with Kenshi and BG3 won't be here for another week

it's nostalgic blowing my own brains out with a 12.7mm ricochet

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

it was bad in World but much better in Rise IME

when i played through base Rise I got special quests for the hub to move through those quests as i went through the story poo poo, does the inverse happen too if you rank up enough in the hub you just bump up through the village quests once you're like 2-3 ranks ahead of them?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Red Baron posted:

Maliketh, dogged

spoiler!

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
my 1660Super suffered massively in the maliketh arena for some reason, so I had to fight him with twice as much input delay as usual and a framerate so low it gave me headaches

and I was too much of a gamer to use summons so it was a deeply unpleasant experience

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i'm a bad gamer that hates stress so i always used ash summons but they didn't help with Maliketh. He killed them before they did much of anything.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

skill issue

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

RandomBlue posted:

no i love msg, 5 seems like too much though

MGSV has the best stealth gameplay of any game ever. People poo poo on the plot but imo plot is the least consequential or interesting thing about MGS. The presentation rules because Kojima doesn't just try to present a cinematic representation of espionage like the earlier MGS games. MGSV presents everything as a byzantine fog of war where you often don't get basic intel about an objective until after the mission is over, or pre-mission intel deviates wildly from what you can learn on the ground. It has easily some of Kojima's best-ever characterization and even with some cut corners is just a blast to play.

That said I'm glad he's moved onto Death Stranding because it's his masterpiece and I can't wait for 2.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Maliketh has a glass jaw, you just have to be mega aggressive and be able to do some damage. Stack holy resist if your vigor isn't high enough, it looks like fire but it ain't. A 100% phys shield will block everything he has in phase 1 and you're safer by his butt than you'd think in phase 2.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

right? who the gently caress came up with the whole "konami is a pachinko company" thing. why did it persist. it makes them like no money. makes you wonder what other lies you've been holding onto

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

right? who the gently caress came up with the whole "konami is a pachinko company" thing. why did it persist. it makes them like no money

the yakuza op

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Ben Nerevarine posted:

the yakuza op

yakuza just does festival gigs. they're all old men. anti-yakuza laws dont let them do anything now. you know, like in the games too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gacha is pachinko imo