Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

I wanna be able to play ~for realsies~ in Ranked but everybody is still kind of new and the most anybody I'm matched up against knows how to do is maybe input their womboest combo over and over. So every match I just end up playing dirty by zoning dudes out and ultimately punishing them for their own boredom when they finally dive in. It's me, I'm everything you hate about online competitive gaming.

Na, I know I'm bad and avoid online with anyone I don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang, SonicFox's Darkseid makes me want to take a break from Tekken and pick this up again.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Got a video?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

MrJacobs posted:

For some reason I was kicked from Goon Squad, despite actively contributing weekly. I also lost a shitton of levels for like 5 characters since i hopped online, when they were all at lvl 20 last night. This morning is kinda lovely so far.

This is probably a bug that will resolve itself if you restart your PS4.

I said come in! posted:

This Batman AI build: 20 rushdown 10 combos 30 counters, has supposedly gotten a player to 233 wins in Endless tower. Trying it out right now to see how my AI Batman does.

This loving wrecks, enemies are lucky to get 1 shot in per round.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 12, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

This loving wrecks, enemies are lucky to get 1 shot in per round.

I got 40 wins in Endless with this, so i'm trying to figure out what stats I want to focus on with this build. Having the correct gear equipped is something I still don't understand.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"Correct gear" = "most awesome-looking gear"

In Batman's case that's undeniably the Animated Series helmet he gets.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Funky Valentine posted:

"Correct gear" = "most awesome-looking gear"

In Batman's case that's undeniably the Animated Series helmet he gets.

After playing with such cool skins as Reverse Flash and Jay Garrick, I wish every character had one classic skin that wasn't affected by gear. Some of the head gear I get for the Flash looks really stupid.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

If you could change looks for credits instead of crystals I'd have done it a million times by now

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I got 40 wins in Endless with this, so i'm trying to figure out what stats I want to focus on with this build. Having the correct gear equipped is something I still don't understand.

I got over 50 with pretty bad gear. Only 3 or 4 were close. Exact stats matter less when a comp is playing, because they tend to have a balanced attack. Your level is 80-90% of the stat block anyway,so your best play may be to attach XP mods if you are powerleveling.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jun 12, 2017

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got over 50 with pretty bad gear. Only 3 or 4 were close. Exact stats matter less when a comp is playing, because they tend to have a balanced attack. Your level is 80-90% of the stat block anyway,so your best play may be to attach XP mods if you are powerleveling.

But I want to understand how some players are getting over 230+ wins with some of these AI builds.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I said come in! posted:

But I want to understand how some players are getting over 230+ wins with some of these AI builds.

Regenerated purps I would guess.

This is the current reddit thread on the topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/6cnu3y/compiled_list_of_ai_builds/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"gently caress you, you fuckin' teleport, you... teleport bitch." - actual quote from ranked play this morning.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

pubic works project posted:

After playing with such cool skins as Reverse Flash and Jay Garrick, I wish every character had one classic skin that wasn't affected by gear. Some of the head gear I get for the Flash looks really stupid.

Adam West tribute skin, they already have the basic assets from the Arkham City DLC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Observe whether he uses specials or regulars more, and build for that?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/RealFPJr/status/874034749865476096

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Will my application to goonsquad go into a queue if you haven't purged yet? Sent one just now since I'm headed to work in a few.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4as2mqxhYM

This gear/shader setup is boss.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPWrPImrwjs

Son of a bitch, the pistol throw replaces the parry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO-qSqIWZ9k

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Soonmot posted:

Will my application to goonsquad go into a queue if you haven't purged yet? Sent one just now since I'm headed to work in a few.

It did not. What's your name I'll hold a spot.

It is Monday Funday at Goon Squad folks, that means we've got some room! Come chill. Send in an application with a SA reference for fun and prizes.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

It did not. What's your name I'll hold a spot.

It is Monday Funday at Goon Squad folks, that means we've got some room! Come chill. Send in an application with a SA reference for fun and prizes.

soonmot i'm still home so I'll send it out again

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

"I WILL BREEEEEAAAAKKKKKK HIM!!!!!"

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I like classic Central American Bane just fine, but would love to spend money on someone just doing their best Hardybane impression.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I like classic Central American Bane just fine, but would love to spend money on someone just doing their best Hardybane impression.

The LEGO Batman Movie actually does have a Hardybane impression.

I personally want a mix of both - Hardy's hilarious tones but peppered with Spanish.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My only character left that does not have all epics equipped is my Robin. 72 hours of playtime so far and I cannot get him an epic katana for some reason.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Funky Valentine posted:

The LEGO Batman Movie actually does have a Hardybane impression.

I personally want a mix of both - Hardy's hilarious tones but peppered with Spanish.

"Ah yes Batman, you've come back bravely, but all this tells me is that I must crush you down even deeper than before...amigo..."

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The first Injustice had many night spent playing with my fiancée, her brother and his girlfriend. His favourite character in the first game was Deathstroke, so you can see where this is going. Played against him for the first time last night and he has already resumed his love of being cheap as gently caress. Best strategy to deal with zoners? Specifically Deadshot and Captain Cold.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can use meter to roll in close (Dash + MB) and dodge projectiles.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
There's a multiverse event up right now that lets you play as Red Hood

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You can use meter to roll in close (Dash + MB) and dodge projectiles.

I always seem to MB by accident. Am I right in assuming it is sometimes more effective to use MB moves than hold on for a super? Super moves seem easier to block in this game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I always seem to MB by accident. Am I right in assuming it is sometimes more effective to use MB moves than hold on for a super? Super moves seem easier to block in this game.

Yes! In most cases, especially the better you get, supers are probably the least efficient way to spend your meter. If you are able to consistently pull off a juggle combo, spending a bar for an armored F3 (forward + 3) attack to launch them will give you more damage than a super.

When fighting Deadshot or other zoners, some characters are better at getting up close. Catwoman's dash move, especially when you spend meter, should do well. Supergirl's teleport, too, I think.

Otherwise you just have to keep crouching (this will duck high projectiles and block low ones) while slowly inching forward

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes! In most cases, especially the better you get, supers are probably the least efficient way to spend your meter.

It doesn't help that most are really easy to block, or worse yet in some cases, hard to hit in the first place.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Some people seem to have him, others(like me) don't.

I just wanna hit the lab with him and figure poo poo out ahhhhhh

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Preliminary thoughts on Red Hood: he seems kind of rad.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bacon Terrorist posted:

It's almost always a bad idea to save meter for a super. Most are easily dodged and do around the same damage as any character's BnB combos while feeding meter to your opponent in return. Meter burning abilities and/or movement is what makes you unpredictable. You can win a lot of games just by MBing special moves that change the hit angle or escaping a combo against a scrub like me who can't reliably execute them 100% of the time.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

Some people seem to have him, others(like me) don't.

I just wanna hit the lab with him and figure poo poo out ahhhhhh

I checked the "manage game" thing, turns out it's actually a separate download on the Xbox version.

Doorselfin
Dec 18, 2004

You broke my sitar, motherfucker.
Just applied to Goon Squad. After the MvC Infinite demo I sure am appreciating Injustice a lot more.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So how much does Red Hood cost?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kurtofan posted:

So how much does Red Hood cost?

Your dignity.

Seriously though I don't think you can buy him alone you have to get the $20 pack as far as I can tell.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Ok, he's out can we get Starfire next prz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Saint Freak posted:

Your dignity.

Seriously though I don't think you can buy him alone you have to get the $20 pack as far as I can tell.

Yeah, this week he's only available on season pass/kombat pack. Next week he will be available for purchase on his own.

As for the price, likely 6 bucks like Darkseid.

• Locked thread