Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Why'd you stop marking the Dark Masters storyline? Without that I wouldn't have learned that clearing Scum and Villainy affected a cutscene on Oricon.

Okay I put back the Dread Masters markers. I just didn't include it in the core story because it requires operations to complete and I wanted the core to be soloable. I added the daily area markers too but are the Belsavis/Ilum/Rishi dailies still a thing? I haven't tried to do them in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lol the Belsavis daily area I had that down to like 10-15 minutes I ran it so often :cripes:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bilirubin posted:

lol the Belsavis daily area I had that down to like 10-15 minutes I ran it so often :cripes:

Hey at launch, Belsavis and Ilum dailies were how you got your purple mods other than Flashpoints and raids. Purple level 49 Armoring and Mod from Belsavis, Enhancement from Ilum Heroic. :D

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

if i had a security key thing that was keyed to one of my phones that got factory wiped am i boned without sending in a fax of my drat license

googling says probably?

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

if i had a security key thing that was keyed to one of my phones that got factory wiped am i boned without sending in a fax of my drat license

googling says probably?

No go to your Account on swtor.com and there's an option to remove it, don't even have to call.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

No go to your Account on swtor.com and there's an option to remove it, don't even have to call.

ive done just about everything i can think of? forgot password sends an email but

i still run into the same thing

what am i missing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stupid question, but are you leaving the security key field blank and going to the next step like it tells you to? It should take you to a screen to remove the security key.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Uhhh do you not remember your Display Name and Password? I'm not sure if that affects it.

If you leave the Security Key part blank but know your Display Name and Password and have a Security Key attached it should give you the option to remove it. It sends a one-time code to your e-mail, I've done it every time I've changed phones.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

no i remember the display name, i just removed it to post the screen shot. i can do forgot password using the display name and it sends the email so i know its correct

its also a name ive been using since 2001

when i tried this last night it kept telling me 'security key is a required field' and im like k sweet

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

no i remember the display name, i just removed it to post the screen shot. i can do forgot password using the display name and it sends the email so i know its correct

its also a name ive been using since 2001

when i tried this last night it kept telling me 'security key is a required field' and im like k sweet

So you use the correct Display Name, correct Password, leave the Security Key part blank and what does it do?

I just bought a Iphone X in November so it was working then.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Just tried it myself, entering my Display Name, Password, and no Security Key takes me to this screen where you click on Lost Your Security Key? and it sends a one-time code to your e-mail.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Just tried it myself, entering my Display Name, Password, and no Security Key takes me to this screen where you click on Lost Your Security Key? and it sends a one-time code to your e-mail.

yeah turns out chrome was auto filling the wrong password

i got the email and now its telling me the password is wrong despite the fact im copying it and pasting it lol

e: and now it just sent me a second one, which did work, despite the fact they specifically said they wouldnt send more than 1 in a 15 minute period lmao

thanks spacefriends

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Uhhh do you not remember your Display Name and Password? I'm not sure if that affects it.

This wasn’t the case this time, but totally matters. You have to know your password to remove an authenticator. You can’t reset a password and authenticator on the same step. I had to call in the first time I came back because not knowing either is a total no go on getting access to the account without intervention.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Hey at launch, Belsavis and Ilum dailies were how you got your purple mods other than Flashpoints and raids. Purple level 49 Armoring and Mod from Belsavis, Enhancement from Ilum Heroic. :D

That you remember the item level for the gear is pretty :spergin:

(I still have my Columi and Rakata sets too speaking of :spergin: )

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
I've got a Powertech that still has full Battlemaster with a Champion and Battlemaster Gear Bag.

How many people even remember Mercenary Comms or collecting Armaments on Ilum? Camping the Pub base waiting for one brave enough to pop their head out in between pops.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Haha nice...having a hard time processing a team good enough to get that many plants but not stop defusings.

They broke it years and years ago with a patch for a bit and you could just defuse the bomb through the door.

All the people in that game knew each other so we just had fun destroying the objective score count. :shobon:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I've got a Powertech that still has full Battlemaster with a Champion and Battlemaster Gear Bag.

How many people even remember Mercenary Comms or collecting Armaments on Ilum? Camping the Pub base waiting for one brave enough to pop their head out in between pops.

*raises paw*

But I was pub side at the time so I just went and had fun elsewhere.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Just subbed and started a Jedi Shadow. So far I chose Serenity for leveling but I guess Kinetic Combat would also work? I've read that Infiltration doesn't really come online until one of the level 30 skills becomes available.

e: vvv thanks, took one! I guess I can share mine, too? http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/i75ni

lordfrikk fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jan 2, 2018

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Here's a sharable link that should give the first three people who access it the Special Forces armor:

http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/17vvce

When that runs out, here's a code someone else can redeem to create another sharable link ( get the link here https://www.starwarstheoldrepublic.com/user/share ) to give away a few more.

92JE-EX7S-YFL7-T8A4

Xaitil
Aug 5, 2009

Here is a link for the armour as well: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/4no2s

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Are you guys talking about this armor? I didn't think that required a unique code. I just put SPECIALFORCES in the code redemption screen like it said on Dulfy, but that was a while ago. I thought they pretty much stopped doing the unique code thing for stuff like this? What's going on?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Same armor, but the generic SPECIALFORCES code was only for a short time.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Thinking about getting back into this. Grabbed a set of armor off Xaitil's, here's a link: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/t6qws

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Another link in case the previous ones run out: http://www.swtor.com/user/ce/aedta

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Are you guys talking about this armor? I didn't think that required a unique code. I just put SPECIALFORCES in the code redemption screen like it said on Dulfy, but that was a while ago. I thought they pretty much stopped doing the unique code thing for stuff like this? What's going on?

I just had an insert from Battlefront 2 and since I haven't played TOR in years at this point, I wanted to post codes here for people that might actually use em.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Bloodplay it again posted:

I just had an insert from Battlefront 2 and since I haven't played TOR in years at this point, I wanted to post codes here for people that might actually use em.

I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I'm just a little confused about what's going on. Can't figure out if it's a different thing, or a different way to get the same thing.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I'm just a little confused about what's going on. Can't figure out if it's a different thing, or a different way to get the same thing.

Same thing, just like I said before BUT YOU IGNORED ME the SPECIAL FORCES code was only good for a few weeks.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So do enough goons log on anymore to put together an Op group? I've had the quest for Dread Palace in my log for years and I've always wanted to clear it. I'm thinking of doing my bi-annual return to the game and maybe just maybe this will be the year I complete it. Or are the pug groups competent enough to power through on story mode generally?

I completed it last year but I apparently failed to talk to someone and trigger a 30 second cutscene before I spent 3 hours trudging through with a half goon/half pug group. It didn't count. :suicide:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lately there's been more goons on than normal, but no one really expresses interest in doing Ops. Pug raids are very easy with the POSSIBLE exceptions of Temple Of Sacrifice and Ravagers, and they're not even too bad if you have half the group competent.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Medullah posted:

Same thing, just like I said before BUT YOU IGNORED ME the SPECIAL FORCES code was only good for a few weeks.

Oops sorry, side effect of the BIG YELLOW BOX when people quote me. Forgot to scroll up...

So hey, I just realized something pretty cool. In the big-rear end server merge, it combined all my decoration totals, so if I had the same decoration on two servers, I have two of it now. And because I transferred characters around a few times in the past, cloning my whole legacy onto other servers in the process, I've doubled and tripled the total amount of most decorations I own.

In a lot of cases this doesn't mean much; who cares if I have 600 chairs instead of 300 or whatever, I'm not using all those. But like, I have two loving sandcrawlers now! I have two or three of a lot of really rare things, things that are crazy to have two of. I also doubled and tripled a lot of direct-sale decorations that cost real money, or things that were a pain in the rear end to craft. Tons of starships, those gigantic ship computer things, piles of cantina decorations... Plus NPC's I had to buy with cartel certificates. I have dozens of sexy dancers! I bought one of every available jukebox at one point, and now I have two of every available jukebox. This is pretty fuckin awesome. It might actually be worth getting some more strongholds now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yup same thing happened to me. I had transferred to POT5 and Shadowlands on top of JC for DvL, so I ended up with 3x the decorations I had. I'm most excited about my 2,997 chairs!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Yup same thing happened to me. I had transferred to POT5 and Shadowlands on top of JC for DvL, so I ended up with 3x the decorations I had. I'm most excited about my 2,997 chairs!

tell me you filled a stronghold with just chairs

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

tell me you filled a stronghold with just chairs

I have no less than 4 that are only chairs and lights. One other side effect of the merge is that my Coruscant, Nar Shadaa and DK Strongholds got multiplied because I had them on multiple servers. Thus 3 of those are Conquest bonus only houses, and then I jammed Umbara full.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Would anyone be interested in starting routine runs of Heroics for credits? Apparently when you group, the bonus missions give more if you have more people, and with four people they’d be quick enough to do. Personally, I have a lot of characters to run them on, but even just once a day would be great.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Lately there's been more goons on than normal, but no one really expresses interest in doing Ops. Pug raids are very easy with the POSSIBLE exceptions of Temple Of Sacrifice and Ravagers, and they're not even too bad if you have half the group competent.

I would be down but can only DPS at this point. Its a pretty cool OP but the split team mechanics are a bit touchy for a typical PUG IMP (medullah can correct me if I'm wrong/remembering the wrong OP). Next bonused XP event I'll level a tank up too. Powertech might be boring but eh, at this point facerolling isn't a terrible thing.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

mastajake posted:

Would anyone be interested in starting routine runs of Heroics for credits? Apparently when you group, the bonus missions give more if you have more people, and with four people they’d be quick enough to do. Personally, I have a lot of characters to run them on, but even just once a day would be great.

Yeah, from time to time. I'd also be down for Uprisings (have not done any at this point) and hard mode FPs when bonused for CXP

Its pretty amazing how credits just build. I just power leveled my sorc and got her into Reven content and whoa, 2.5 million credits? Time to get some QoL poo poo unlocked.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

I would be down but can only DPS at this point. Its a pretty cool OP but the split team mechanics are a bit touchy for a typical PUG IMP (medullah can correct me if I'm wrong/remembering the wrong OP). Next bonused XP event I'll level a tank up too. Powertech might be boring but eh, at this point facerolling isn't a terrible thing.

Nah the split groups are easy in SM. With Calphyus everyone sticks together first round since you don't need the other team to tell you where to go, and on the second round as long as one person knows what they're doing it's easy. There is no third split in SM.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

It's funny being a Chiss Jedi and having everyone on Hoth be blatantly racist against your species without acknowledging that you are one.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

mastajake posted:

It's funny being a Chiss Jedi and having everyone on Hoth be blatantly racist against your species without acknowledging that you are one.

We call this realism mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Statutory Ape posted:

We call this realism mode

Canonically, your character is one of the good ones, they can take a joke, they're cool