Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Hughmoris posted:

Who is bigger fraud at this point, Cowboys or Eagles?

Check back in about 12 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

So its very unlikely the Ravens and Browns will meet in the WC round. Good.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Hughmoris posted:

This doesn't have to be a competition. They can both be equal frauds, together.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Hughmoris posted:

The Eagles are the worse team but the Cowboys are more overconfident

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Basically, playing with the scenarios, the Bills seem pretty hosed in terms of a wild card unless they win out, and even then, they need help because they basically don't have tiebreakers, so they need only one of the Texans, Jaguars, Colts, Bengals, Broncos, or Steelers to finish 10-7(though some one has to win the AFC South, so only two of those teams count) if they drop a game. Of course, if they win out, they probably win their division, since it's somewhat unlikely that the Dolphins will beat BOTH the Cowboys and Ravens. I could def see them beating the Cowboys at home, but beating the Ravens in Baltimore seems like a big ask for any team right now.

The Dolphins are almost certainly in as long as they win at least one of their remaining games: 11-6 is generally going to get you an automatic wild card. If they only win one game and it's against Buffalo, they win the division. Simple! Things get dicey if they lose out though, of course. You don't want to be in the 10-7 scrum in the AFC.

Kurgarra Queen fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 18, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Rams just about beat the Ravens and the Browns with an injured Watson did a few weeks ago. I think the Bills destroy the Ravens on any field right now.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What a surprise.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

no! NO!!!!!!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1736814299006316946?t=vNGvVVnxpSMsmLYulDTc1g&s=19

Cross posting to say: the Steelers are loving dirty as hell

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good. That hit was gross and I dunno how Pittman was up and walking just a couple minutes later

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Plot twist: Trubinsky lines up at safety.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

He got tossed from a game in 2018 for a dirty rear end hit on Cam Newton.

gently caress that guy.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

ozymandius1024 posted:

gently caress that guy.

He also played for the Cowboys last year, so that's three strikes. Kick him out of the league.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I want nothing to do with the Bills in the playoffs.

Nov 6, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

I want nothing to do with the Bills in the playoffs.

Ravens fans and Bills fans both dreading the Bills in the playoffs.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Will be reduced on appeal, but drat

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

The Rams just about beat the Ravens and the Browns with an injured Watson did a few weeks ago. I think the Bills destroy the Ravens on any field right now.

"The Rams Just About Beat the Ravens" lmao, amazing way to spin a Ravens win against a top 10 offense into something negative

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've never seen fans hate their #1 seed team so much regardless of coach, QB, whatever. Just 20+ years of negativity.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kiimo posted:

I've never seen fans hate their #1 seed team so much regardless of coach, QB, whatever. Just 20+ years of negativity.

Its one guy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1736842843375702165?s=46

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's not. It's all my friends who are Ravens fans. It's all the people suggesting to Ross "which one" when talking about Harbaugh taking over the Chargers as if the Ravens are going to fire their coach after getting the 1 seed. It's the draft thread every time the Ravens take a receiver. It's more than Kawalimus, who stops watching games before halftime he is convinced they will lose.

edit: an in fairness to Kawalimus who declared that he was done in the second quarter since the Ravens would lose, they indeed lost

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 18, 2023

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

ozymandius1024 posted:

gently caress that guy.

drat, someone actually got tossed out of a game for a dirty hit on Cam?

did he run him over with the injury cart?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

kiimo posted:

Look at this guy who’s never met an Eagles fan

When I lived in Baltimore everyone was pretty much all-in on the Ravens all the time and were always convinced they were primed for a run, and here (with one glaring exception) we’re either pretty even-keeled or goofing on a notable somebody.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

kiimo posted:

edit: an in fairness to Kawalimus who declared that he was done in the second quarter since the Ravens would lose, they indeed lost

Yeah but let's not forget that even when the Ravens win, he somehow spins it into a negative thing so no matter what happens he's just constantly whining about his incredibly successful team

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I hope the Bills make it into the playoffs and go scorched loving earth on the AFC so we can have a Bills v Lions Superbowl

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Black Sunshine posted:

I hope the Bills make it into the playoffs and go scorched loving earth on the AFC so we can have a Bills v Lions Superbowl

The universe will implode trying to figure out which team to gently caress over

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Jags, Titans and Steelers are the only teams I *really* fear in that way.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Black Sunshine posted:

We need a battle of Lake Erie AFC Championship followed by a battle of Lake Erie Super Bowl.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Black Sunshine posted:

This would be so amazing

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Freaquency posted:

Look at this guy who’s never met an Eagles fan

When I lived in Baltimore everyone was pretty much all-in on the Ravens all the time and were always convinced they were primed for a run, and here (with one glaring exception) we’re either pretty even-keeled or goofing on a notable somebody.

the harbaugh hate is a little annoying (outside of the people who just lump him in with jim and michigan. i mean, i also hate jim and michigan). but i usually try to remember that im only seeing the john harbaugh hate because i'm the one dumb enough to read twitter comments and touch the hot stove

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Black Sunshine posted:

I'd be mega hyped for this game.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the ravens are good and I like them lots. always have. thank u

Nov 6, 2002

kiimo posted:

It's not. It's all my friends who are Ravens fans. It's all the people suggesting to Ross "which one" when talking about Harbaugh taking over the Chargers as if the Ravens are going to fire their coach after getting the 1 seed. It's the draft thread every time the Ravens take a receiver. It's more than Kawalimus, who stops watching games before halftime he is convinced they will lose.

I love it when the Ravens don't win the Super Bowl every year by 50 points and then TFF goes "oh I guess Kawalimus was right!"

Actually this year is kinda special, in the AFCE thread Bills and Dolphins fans have been lamenting the last few games that their teams are frauds, and now in the NFCE thread Cowboys and Eagles are also on the fraud train.

Not every team can lose all their games in the playoffs! Someone besides the 49ers has to win a game!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 18, 2023

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

baker mayfield is gonna lead the bucs to a super bowl win

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AndrewP posted:

"The Rams Just About Beat the Ravens" lmao, amazing way to spin a Ravens win against a top 10 offense into something negative

That wasn't meant that way at all. You're ignoring the context of my post responding to where the guy said the Ravens were unbeatable at home. But it's not true. Our homefield is nowhere near what it was in the Ray Lewis days. That's what I meant it as not to say the win wasn't good enough. Because that was a great win--Stafford was making insane throws and his receivers were making crazy catches. It was a game that felt like a loss the whole way until Wallace kept his balance and made it to the end zone. One of my favorites in recent memory. But we were absolutely outplayed most of the game.

When a team plays probably their best game of the season so far against you and you still win that's always a great win

Nov 6, 2002

Good thing "felt like a loss" doesn't affect playoff seating.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

when you say the ray lewis days do you mean the days when ray lewis was on the team and you said the ravens had no home team advantage and were just lucky

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

when you say the ray lewis days do you mean the days when ray lewis was on the team and you said the ravens had no home team advantage and were just lucky

I don't remember saying that. I remember getting in arguments with people saying home field didn't exist and then we determined it was different for most teams. And back then the Ravens had one of the largest differences in how they played at home vs on the road. We were like a different team. Like in 2005 we went 6-2 at home and 0-8 on the road. It isn't like that anymore now. We aren't quite as strong at home anymore but we're not miserable on the road anymore either.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

maybe you didn't but i find myself amused reading you have nostalgia for an era where i was already arguing with you and you thought the team was dogshit, the front office sucked and ozzie newsome was overrated and bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That wasn't meant as nostalgia really. Because like I said we would have some absolutely awful road games in those years that we're not as prone to anymore. Like I even said back then we were going to lose to the Seahawks right after we beat the Steelers on SNF and we sure did! And that same year we had that awful Jacksonville MNF game which the first half of this one reminded me of a little bit.

I do miss our very strong home field but I don't miss those road games. If we were on the road against a good defense it was a sure loss even if the other team sucked.