Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

people liked the kaiju 8 manga for about as long as the anime is gonna cover, so should be pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Whisper me a Love Song episode 1 was fun and just a way better adaptation than Seiyuu Radio

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Good, I thought it looked ok from the PVs. Wonder how much they’ll adapt.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Anyone know when the heck Prince Without a Servant: The Chronicle of Yatagarasu is going to stream in the US? I can't find it anywhere.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Shiny Colors: They've been cranking out new Idolmaster series lately, and while they're all very similar, this one really didn't have anything going for it. Boring main trio, lifeless cliche-ridden setup, bland CGI visuals. Dropped before the end of the first episode.

Kaijuu 8: Quite enjoyed this, between the likeable lead and the flashy action. Not sure where it'll go from here, but I'm on board for now.

Whisper Me a Love Song: Good.

I think I've now checked out everything from my "maybe" list, aside from Euphonium S3 which I might wanna rewatch from the start first.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Pan Dulce posted:

Anyone know when the heck Prince Without a Servant: The Chronicle of Yatagarasu is going to stream in the US? I can't find it anywhere.

CR never listed a date for it so nope, but it'll appear at some point.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pan Dulce posted:

haypliss posted:

CR never listed a date for it so nope, but it'll appear at some point.

Ep 1 and 2 were both uploaded to crunchyroll 2 hours ago

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was expecting to pass on Kaiju 8 since I already read the manga, but the animation and music are exceptional.

Kind of amazing how much more interesting the story was before it transformed into generic shounen.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I was worried that Kaiju 8 would be like if Attack on Titan watched Ultraman, but it backs up its legit style with a likable core cast and a decent sense of humor. I guess I'm in for a bit.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Julias posted:

Heck yes! Thank you. Going to try after Tonari no Yokai, GO! GO! Loser Ranger, and Whisper Me a Love Song, since you goons seem to like those a lot.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Julias posted:

:catstare:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jellyfish 2 and Girls Band Cry 2 were good. Spring is the season of Girls Music!

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
saturday is gonna be a busy anime day.

Jellyfish and Yokai ep2

then starting ep1 of Crow and New Gate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cave emperor posted:

Shiny Colors: They've been cranking out new Idolmaster series lately, and while they're all very similar, this one really didn't have anything going for it. Boring main trio, lifeless cliche-ridden setup, bland CGI visuals. Dropped before the end of the first episode.

Kaijuu 8: Quite enjoyed this, between the likeable lead and the flashy action. Not sure where it'll go from here, but I'm on board for now.

Whisper Me a Love Song: Good.

the main trio in shiny colors own but they didnt really adapt half the stuff that makes them interesting

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like in hiori's intro scene in the game she does the cool rival shtick like 'i'm only here to focus on being an idol. let's not get in each other's way.' and then they replay the scene from her perspective and her internal monologue is just 'oh god i sound like such an rear end in a top hat. why did i say that. wait that came out wrong. ugh ifi just stop talking i cant make it any worse. wait no now they think im being rude!!'

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
first Jellyfish ep2 file i got has yellow subs. ahhh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

going to say the quiet part out loud here after two eps of both: Jellyfish currently mogs GBC in every way aside from OP

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

The Yatagarasu character designs are insane.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Like in a good way or?

They're certainly unique.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

haypliss posted:

The Yatagarasu character designs are insane.

Hype

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Arc Hammer posted:

Like in a good way or?

They're certainly unique.

Well as much as aesthetics are subjective I thought posting made it self-evident. They own and bring to mind classic shoujo, artists like Akihiro Yamada etc. The setting definitely doing some of the lifting in that regard but they still stand on their own.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

How's the music in Whisper Me a Love Song? Particularly the acoustic guitar on the roof stuff?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I almost did a spit take when I heard Akiko Shikata doing the ED for the crow show.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

How's the music in Whisper Me a Love Song? Particularly the acoustic guitar on the roof stuff?

Found it good which is promising cause music gonna play a big part in the anime

Actually kinda of impressed that GBC, Whisper and Jellyfish all have pretty good music

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Thread title should be Girl bands whisper me a jellyfish song at night

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

New Gate as a manga was standard isekai trash with pretty art.

New Gate as an anime is standard isekai trash with flat generic art and no budget whatsoever.

I wish they'd bring OVAs back. A lot of the garbage isekai adaptations would make great 3-4 episode OVAs instead of 12 episodes of bullshit. Chop it down and make it look good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Go start a new real estate bubble then

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
ONAs are the way to be.

Or they were for a short time before the definition got skewed by direct to streaming anime.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
Loser ranger is now available on Disney plus in Europe, first two episodes already so it's not going to be a long wait like unluck undead.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Jellyfish ep2
lots of youthful screaming this episode lol. former idol girl as the actual airhead is funny. Show has a lot of freeze frame screenshot moments where I had to go back 10 secs to rewatch the reaction of the characters.

Tonari no Youkai ep2
I don't really care about the kid at all, but enjoy the little slice of glimpses at the other residents of the town. Kappa girl was neat and surprised to see Hanako, but I guess she counts.

The New Gate ep1
the manga art and paneling was really bad with bad scanlation quality when I read it, so the anime actually fills in a lot of the in between action movement that was missing a lot. So most likely follows the novels more. Obviously almost a copy of SAO, but I say its more in-line with Log Horizon x Overlord (without the evil) Will keep watching to see what happens when I lost track of it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jellyfish incorporating Looney Toons-esque exaggeration and eyepops makes it stand out a lot, haven't seen that used in an anime before i don't think (not that they likely haven't been utilized before but i can't remember it in any anime i've personally seen)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One Piece

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

look,

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pretty much every anime from the 90s and 00s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Some of Yuasa's stuff also kinda goes into rubberhose-type movement at times

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

this time i'm really gonna do it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

symbolic posted:

Jellyfish incorporating Looney Toons-esque exaggeration and eyepops makes it stand out a lot, haven't seen that used in an anime before i don't think (not that they likely haven't been utilized before but i can't remember it in any anime i've personally seen)

I think MHA did it like once and then never again.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i should have prefaced with modern anime i suppose. mea culpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

One Piece....