Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morphix posted:

how so,

he didn't give any of this awesome context in the podcast that got listened to by however many millions

literally just regurgitating racist conspiracies to a gullible young white male audience that looks up to him like a dad

I only tune in if he has someone like redban or a comedian on nowadays so I sure as poo poo didn't catch this specific episode, but isnt the whole show now mostly just bringing on boring crackpots and racist assholes and offering zero pushback? I specifically meant the tweet thread that ends with him going, "Yeah people are probably cherry-picking the data to make it looks like white farmers are being targeted."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

bango skank posted:

I only tune in if he has someone like redban or a comedian on nowadays so I sure as poo poo didn't catch this specific episode, but isnt the whole show now mostly just bringing on boring crackpots and racist assholes and offering zero pushback? I specifically meant the tweet thread that ends with him going, "Yeah people are probably cherry-picking the data to make it looks like white farmers are being targeted."

oh I'm there with ya, I havn't listened to a full show in at least a year at this point. and ya in regards to that tweet, I mean it sort walking it back. 'probably' is interesting to put at the end of a paragraph when you're attempting to walk back a full on racist white conspiracy he spread to his giant audience. but whatevs

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
I think he's just too scared to actually push any of these chuds on real issues because they pull some jpeterdude style wishy-washy bullshit he doesn't know how to handle and it would make him look even dumber to his main audience.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

bango skank posted:

I mean, I think Rogan's an idiot too, but that seems like selective tweet picking there

https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/1040848858287419392

i'm glad he looked into it more but it's an issue with his credulity upon hearing something. he has a sizable audience and now he's getting the white genocide folks in the replies. farm killings are at their lowest point in two decades.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Goast posted:

I think he's just too scared to actually push any of these chuds on real issues

or it's because he's a born and raised boston shithead who aged into being a chud

I mean even bill burr has commented on the fact that Rogan needed like 20 years to calm the gently caress down before Burr could tolerate the guy. weed's the only thing that made rogan tolerable or interesting.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's not that he's scared it's that he's not well informed and isn't skeptical. he pushed back on weed with crowder and building codes with rubin. if it's in his smallish wheelhouse he'll push back.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
Well he does have his pet leftist Abbey Martin on sometimes too. It's odd to listen to her say poo poo his chud buddies would shriek at while he shuts up and nods. While dropping "oh wow lol you so far left lol how does that work" whenever it calms down.

Goast fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 16, 2018

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Morphix posted:

I mean even bill burr has commented on the fact that Rogan needed like 20 years to calm the gently caress down before Burr could tolerate the guy. weed's the only thing that made rogan tolerable or interesting.

That sounds amazing, where can I find that?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

always be closing posted:

On the JRE 2016 Election Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIo0LhIylsc

Bill Burr is so drat good for this kind of thing.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
/\/\/\ boom there it is!/\/\

always be closing posted:

I'm mixing I think like two or three things, his podcast when he's interviewing someone and talking about boston days and rogan comes up, an Opie and Anthony burr appearance where I think rogan maybe calls in, but the main one is like a live show/podcast with bert/rogan/burr couple other guys, burr starts cracking on rogan about his stupid rascals hat, and it's in that riff he kind of encapsulates his rogan relationship with "i love the guy buy goddamn did it take this psycho 20 years to calm down before I could tolerate him"

but im also p. high so my memory of the many burr podcasts kind of blends together

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Wark Say posted:

On the JRE 2016 Election Episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIo0LhIylsc

Bill Burr is so drat good for this kind of thing.

love the guy on the right totally distracted with his phone and completely misses the moment entirely

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

love the guy on the right totally distracted with his phone and completely misses the moment entirely

Thats sam tripoli, a huge idiot.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Sam Tripoli is the worst guest. I'll skip a podcast I listen to every week if he's on it.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Pocket Billiards posted:

Sam Tripoli is the worst guest. I'll skip a podcast I listen to every week if he's on it.

one hundred percent

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
hell ya

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
just asking questions

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Morphix posted:

just asking questions

Lol. Hello joe Rogan you are handsome and smart and funny and I agree with everything you said.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Morphix posted:

just asking questions

dont trust a farmer that cant spell herd

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

who is Julius Malema

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Hello I'm the farmer and what Joe said is true.

Sincerely the farmer

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

joe cited a wikipedia article that disproved the claims these people are making lol

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Groovelord Neato posted:

joe cited a wikipedia article that disproved the claims these people are making lol

"Oh, I'm sorry did you expect me to read these before blasting them to my audience of gullible young men? I'm just a comedian man having a talk maaaaaaan. Now let's talk about personal health and responsibility you fat fucks" - Rogan on introspection

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/libcomorg/status/1041721024843317248

LOL look at that twitter he links to:

https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/1040848296456216577

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Sep 17, 2018

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

joe rogan is a dumbass

its what I like about his show, one dummy who just talks with no filter for 3 hours with random guests, could be anyone, sane or not

its a shame he keeps inviting political people on the show, because he is too dumb to see that its all ideology fighting for eyeball time and that the truth doesn't matter in political media,

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it actually does but not to a certain segment.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Joe Rogan should only be allowed to talk to mma fighters

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
T minus 5 minutes until this thread implodes up its own rear end lol

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

hot sauce posted:

T minus 5 minutes until this thread implodes up its own rear end lol

What did Joe do now?

has he moved to holocaust denial yet

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

*lubes his own rear end in a top hat with MCT oil*

FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT

alrighty boys im ready to experience some joe rogan

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malaria posted:

What did Joe do now?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoMUOM5FfRm/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1m5g5j9r1d6g0

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004

Malaria posted:

What did Joe do now?

has he moved to holocaust denial yet

https://twitter.com/joerogan/status/1044723673330896896

He really just doesn't get it. Rogan can't comprehend why having a 3 hour chit chat with Joey Diaz or Eddie Bravo is any different than doing the same with Ben Shapiro.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Change the thread title to the "Glen Beck endorsed podcast" imo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i thought penn jillette stopped being such a dumbass libertarian.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

what the gently caress is an intellectual dark web

is that the same thing as a bunch of sad white guys who think of themselves as the second enlightenment?

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Its something a clinically insane person wrote in their book

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
A guido-rear end white rapper who pays attention to boxing in 2018 and an evopsych guy who coauthored a book with Tucker Max. This is it. The most JRE week ever.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Jonathan Sacks sounds right out of the dan quinn universe

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Who would of thought back in 2010 that this show has turned out this way. Maybe Redban got out at the right time? Maybe Redban was the canary in the coalmine in regards to the JRE???

redban is the key to it all

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Redban is now loving up a much better podcast. He got out at the right time.

Jamie is a dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Malaria posted:

Redban is now loving up a much better podcast. He got out at the right time.

Jamie is a dork

do tell tony's dirt