Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Thanks hard, Hard. I can't get an ethernet wired to this PC anytime soon so I will probably just buy some powerline adapters soon.

I own the uPlay version of the game and was contemplating picking up the starter version on Steam to link my accounts, because most of my buds have the steam version and I like the verisimilitude of having them all clumped up, but I more than likely won't bother if the amount of renown I get is less than a legendary skin and stick to just F2P skins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Thank you, Hard, for making a game in which being an Argentinian on a 6Mb connection is a legit advantage against Europeans with 100+ Mb while playing on their home servers.

Azran fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 9, 2017

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I would always be playing as the three speed OPs with that kind of ping advantage. You would be an actual ghost coming around corners

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
be advised: clown masks have been secured and should be removed from the market asap since Alpha Packs are a thing and a bunch of genuinely tacticool camo is available now tia

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
when are we getting a hibana headgear that isn't godawful, is my question

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm glad the japanese ops are wearing ninjacore poo poo rather than actual uniforms.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Please replace Sledge's hammer with a hug pillow, thank you in advance.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i do not think your nat type has anything to do with your ping or packet loss. if your nat type isn't changing when you open your ports, you're either doing it incorrectly, opening the wrong ports, or siege is mis-reporting.

I think Siege does mis-report your NAT state for some people. I have all the ports forwarded and I'm still always moderate. I once tried the suggestion of opening like 60000 ports (lol) and that only gave me an open NAT in siege about 50% of the time. It's either using some fucky way of detecting it or siege is actually just using ports over a massive range. I haven't had any trouble connecting though so I'm not too worried about it.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 10, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Penpal posted:

Thanks hard, Hard. I can't get an ethernet wired to this PC anytime soon so I will probably just buy some powerline adapters soon.

I own the uPlay version of the game and was contemplating picking up the starter version on Steam to link my accounts, because most of my buds have the steam version and I like the verisimilitude of having them all clumped up, but I more than likely won't bother if the amount of renown I get is less than a legendary skin and stick to just F2P skins

I'd advice against buying a steam copy and then linking it to a uplay account that already has a copy registered to it. Last time I did that I ''lost'' a copy of the game. Don't quite remember what happens if the steam copy you're trying to link to uplay is a starter edition.

tldr; i know steam has everything and all but at the end of the day even your steam bros will have to launch uplay to play the game.

Azran posted:

Thank you, Hard, for making a game in which being an Argentinian on a 6Mb connection is a legit advantage against Europeans with 100+ Mb while playing on their home servers.

You're fine until you go over 500.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Hard posted:

You're fine until you go over 500.

Ah, so 500 is the threshold before you get kicked? Good to know.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

It is but I don't understand WHY. Even a 250 limit would be too high.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I can't find any information online, is the new map coming at the end of this month or in early september?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Penpal posted:

I can't find any information online, is the new map coming at the end of this month or in early september?

Best guess is at the very end of the month. New ops will launch then as well but will not be available to the poors until the first week of September.

Kartoffeldonner
Jan 30, 2016
How to not play Pulse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87nIZwklTsY

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c61itXpiLFI

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Penpal posted:

I don't know when, but they accidentally uploaded an aerial shot of the map onto the official Siege Tactical Whiteboard (currently in maitenance), so we have an idea what's the layout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbEMXCmU8jw (the thing is now down and this video is how I've heard about it so here you go)

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Azran posted:

Lol those were some good rounds. Especially delightful were the "??" reactions in all chat you got.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It is but I don't understand WHY. Even a 250 limit would be too high.

A limit of 250 would make it impossible for me to play with my cool Ozzie friends and with Azran (unless some East Coast goon anchors us into his server halfway between the EU and Argentina)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
You can actually edit the settings file and set a certain server to be your default if you want to use one outside of your actual region. Party leader's region(or set region) determines what server the whole group plays on. For instance since most of the people I play with are on the east coast US or in Europe I've got mine set to the east coast server even though I live in the central US.

Make sure you're not in game when you change it though or it won't save or take effect.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

my kinda ape posted:

You can actually edit the settings file and set a certain server to be your default if you want to use one outside of your actual region. Party leader's region(or set region) determines what server the whole group plays on. For instance since most of the people I play with are on the east coast US or in Europe I've got mine set to the east coast server even though I live in the central US.

Make sure you're not in game when you change it though or it won't save or take effect.

C:\Users\CurrentUser\Documents\My Games\Rainbow Six - Siege\GameSettings.ini

[ONLINE]
;DataCenterHint =>
default 'ping based'
eus 'us east'
cus 'us central'
scus 'us south central'
wus 'us west'
sbr 'brazil south'
neu 'europe north'
weu 'europe west'
eas 'asia east'
seas 'asia south east'
eau 'australia east'
wja 'japan west'
DataCenterHint=default
UseUPnP=1

in DataCenterHint=default, change the default to any of the abbreviations from the left column.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
A pubbie just thanks me for mic callouts. :3:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Ularg posted:

A pubbie just thanks me for mic callouts. :3:

This reminded me:

Holy poo poo did the VoIP improve after the patch, sounds like people are in discord (or your favourite VoIP alternative) instead of through a string and tin can

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

The Duggler posted:

This reminded me:

Holy poo poo did the VoIP improve after the patch, sounds like people are in discord (or your favourite VoIP alternative) instead of through a string and tin can

Oh that's why everything sounded better, good lord. I was really confused by people coming through really clear in my headset, but no one in discord was lighting up.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Does anyone else get this bug where if you alt tab while the game is loading it will completely softlock your computer?

Orv
May 4, 2011

CJ posted:

Does anyone else get this bug where if you alt tab while the game is loading it will completely softlock your computer?

Ultra, ultra rarely. I usually alt tab pre-round without any problems.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

There is a rumor going around that all three speed operators are going to lose their ACOGs.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

that's be cool actually

also take away fuze's AK and give it to tachanka tia

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I don't know how I would cope. anything before an acog feels completely inadequate. Like you have a blinding light in front of you all the time when you ADS.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

reflex sights are cool and good imo

acogs promote pixel sniping which is cool outdoors but ugh when the game focuses around indoor shootouts

e: also keep in mind they would overhaul map lighting stuff with it

Thief fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 11, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just refund me all my acog purchases where it applies. Also I wish the reflex sight with the triangle dot was at least hollow if not just not-garbage.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Thanks to this stupid thread my phone now automatically capitalizes the word Hard. This is all Hard's fault. Haaaaaarrrddd! :argh:

Edit: to make up for this minor inconvenience please patch out Favela and remove whatever dumb snow effect that causes my FPS to go to poo poo on Yacht.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 11, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Peacock fix your phoooooone!!!!

huh... That wasn't as satisfying as i thought it would be.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

Peacock fix your phoooooone!!!!

huh... That wasn't as satisfying as i thought it would be.

That's Operation Health for ya!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/PoliticalOblongHoopoe

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 11, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I don't care that they're not technically as optimal as assault rifles, I'm gonna be rocking shotguns forever just for moments like these:

http://i.imgur.com/FZ2vHP5.mp4

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Kikas posted:

That's Operation Health for ya!

and that's based on your own false assumption that everything would be fixed before the actual big patch?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Hard posted:

and that's based on your own false assumption that everything would be fixed before the actual big patch?

Nah, it was supposed to a joke how it keeps being underwhelming even after we knew it's not gonna be The Big Patch.

I'm joking tho, I still love the game and the improvements are making it better and better every patch, and the team working on it is making a great job with the patches and with communicating everything.

As a Pole, I am still a bit upset that our map got scrapped and that makes me a bit bitter.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

this is the best operation in the history of the game because i can fine tune my cyber barbie outfits while in que

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
New champ has a toolkit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B12GvzRIZdc

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Kikas posted:

Nah, it was supposed to a joke how it keeps being underwhelming even after we knew it's not gonna be The Big Patch.

I'm joking tho, I still love the game and the improvements are making it better and better every patch, and the team working on it is making a great job with the patches and with communicating everything.

As a Pole, I am still a bit upset that our map got scrapped and that makes me a bit bitter.

tbf we could have stamped any country on (almost) any maps so it's not like they have this unique country flavor.

The Grom op is fun though :)

e: I guess since we're semi on the ''proud to be from X country'' subject i'll share a story that happened maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago. Bear with me on the details.

So I went to do some shopping downtown, it was a pretty busy weekend even by Montreal's summer standards where both ''just for laugh'' festival and electrics cars race were happening. Tons of tourists, which is cool if you're there for the events and not simply trying to make your way to the stores.

Anyways i'm waiting in line at the bestbuy thinking to myself that I could have ordered those cables from Amazon and I notice a bunch of foreign kids all dressed in euro-foot gear in front of me.(MTL is very multi ethnic but you can tell when someones not from here.) I somehow notice one of them holds an XB1 racing game like GT or F1 or whatever so I turn to my friend whos also working on R6 and go like pffft while rolling my eyes. She chuckles at my dumb joke as we pass by the kids to pay at the counter.

This is when one of them notices my ESL R6 Proleague(lol) tee shirt and say in what I misunderstood for Portuguese '' bla bla R6 pro league'' So i turn around and smile, they all had googly eyes ''Mister, are you a pro in Rainbow6?'' in a fairly good English. ''No... [intentional pause just to get their hype down] ..but I'm working on it? Kids went from :magical: to :supaburn: so i figured i'd chat with them a bit. Who's your fav op? Thermite! coo, coo and what about you? Caveira! Oh so are you guys from Brazil? No, we're from Mexico! Promise me you're going to do Mexican operators, it would be amazing! So i gave them my work email and that reminds me that i have to convince PR to send them some goodies if they ever email me :p

TLDR; Cool :ese: kids made my day while I was in a pretty bitchy mood. I guess I'm sharing this because sometimes you forget how much some R6 fan like to be represented in game.

Hard fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Aug 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's apparently confirmed for the 29th btw.

• Locked thread