Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

So many technical issues right now. Think I've spent about 2 hours today trying to boot the game after disconnects or crashes or whatever.

I just want to play :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Clocks posted:

Annnd it learned caution the very next level. :downs:

The only realistic options now are cash shop or glue.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
My t4 female from a t1 female and a t3 male. Its name is Andy.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
Grithok, your hotspot hasn't moved. It's still there.

~Other Pavlov

PS: HyC, you really pissed off NyghtWatch, god drat.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I was talking to some of the guys in Nyghtwatch. They seem like pretty swell chaps. They mentioned they aren't a PK guild but there's a bunch of them that fight pretty well.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

flyboi posted:

Sorry you lost your medal above your head. Cheer up buttercup it's not the end of the world. At least with carrots being in high demand you can now become a farming master until that too is auto.

:henget:

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
How much effort is involved in pushing people out to sea? Because every night I set my dude up to AFK fish on the beach and when I wake up I'm in the ocean, usually stuck inside a boat.

I just use the escape command, though and I'm all set.

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
Had anyone been getting Bluescreens with Memmory_Management as the reason?

Hobo Colossus
Aug 13, 2010

A gentleman and a scholar

Stanley Pain posted:

I was talking to some of the guys in Nyghtwatch. They seem like pretty swell chaps. They mentioned they aren't a PK guild but there's a bunch of them that fight pretty well.

I refuse to believe that a normal person would join a guild called NyghtWatch and their leader Falcomwing. That's not even bad enough to be good.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Has anyone experienced this performance behavior?

Sometimes when I open my map and then close it my FPS will be much higher and it will stay that way for a while unless I hit ESC and enter the Settings menu or enter a very populated area like a large city.

I have a 670, 2500 i5, and run the game with medium settings and SSAO turned off.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/719881044250521600

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hobo Colossus posted:

I refuse to believe that a normal person would join a guild called NyghtWatch and their leader Falcomwing. That's not even bad enough to be good.

I'm pretty sure they're just huge NES aficionados listening to Carpenter Brut all day.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

It's going to be YEARS BEFORE WE SEE ANY OF THE NEW CLASSES!!!!

I hope zerks get their mega man arm cannon soon. That thing looks amazing.

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Oh good, this means they won't have the super-generic name "Blader" for the class.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

:getin:

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cftcxsOQcQA

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
I, too, can't wait to rebuy $50 worth of dumb costumes for my female samurai.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Man, they are really fast and furious with the updates. Almost as fast as my character dies to a single aoe from some ghillie suited war target.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Oh no I need more loyalty to unlock the 5th character slot, I'm like 2000 away

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Huh, an actually delivering publisher.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Need more content for your KMMO

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Remember that this is your last week to riot for Musa/Maehwa. Starting next week you'll have to riot for Ninja/Kunoichi or, if you're feeling very unrealistic, Dark Elf.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kalstrams posted:

Huh, an actually delivering publisher.

It's a crazy world we live in when a kMMO dev releases a Good Game™©® and then proceeds to add in the missing content at a decent pace.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

It's a crazy world we live in when a kMMO dev releases a Good Game™©® and then proceeds to add in the missing content at a decent pace.

Wait when did we decide this game was good, I thought All MMO's are bad?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Stormgale posted:

They usually are but I like this game.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stormgale posted:

This is the third good MMO to be made.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The first one was WOW :derp:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stormgale posted:

When I decided to spend another $100 on it. I'm not sure if that makes it good or bad though :ohdear:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

The first one was WOW :derp:
The first one was EVE Online, but I could see argument made that the second one was World of Warcraft instead of ArcheAge.

AppliedPhilosophy
Aug 7, 2012
If I could automate everything and never actually play this would be the best MMO to be ever made

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If they allowed for some interactions of the crafting meta game to be done via webpage it would kinda own. Hell they could spin that off into a separate game and make 100s of millions.

Excuse me while I go brush up on my Korean.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Hire someone for PR please. Someone who actually knows how to do their job

Apparently you guys needs to learn how many days there is in a month and how the clock works! 15:00 CET is not 15:22 CET, Mid april is not Late april! Atleast we got a date now, but drat.. its so drat stupid how you treat the community

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

It's going to be YEARS BEFORE WE SEE ANY OF THE NEW CLASSES!!!!

Fist off. I just hit the character creator and didn't see any new classes there so pump your loving breaks kid. Secondly based on how the patches worked in both Korea and Russia we should already have gotten the blader class in the first Mediah patch. For some strange reason they detached that from the patch. We also have this hodgepodge current build where everything is a loving mess because they wanted some kind of bug and balance fixes before anything else. Now that we have this special snowflake build of the game it is only going to make patching the loving thing ten times harder. By mess I am pointing at Farming, Hunting, Fruits, Traces, Siege Workshops, Territory Control, Daily Token Quests, Guild missions and 'holy poo poo' class balance joke.

The main draws of the game are the carrot. What is currently available is the stick. This is history in repeat. One of big carrots of Archeage was that loving third island with all the guild and territory poo poo. That content was well into the game in Korea when it launched over in NA/EU. But regardless of that fact we managed to literally eat each other alive before that content even saw the light of day in the English speaking populations. The carrot for that game was only experienced by what amounts to 10% of our original numbers due to all the ugly bullshit that occurred from the launch to that patch. So when I loving say pump your breaks you Canadian gently caress, I say it with the memory of the dickpunching that always comes with Korean MMOs. Blader isn't going to keep people around. Having poo poo to do will. Without our guild terrtory control or the loving desert or the loving awakenings in the game you can just keep watching this population dwindle.

You people always get like this. Motherfuckers we ordered the Cheeseburger Platter and they went and just gave us the fries. Now they show up late with the burger and you are all talking about how great this restaurant is.

Lastly, Its a loving Blader or a Samurai. Fucklords want to go making up words and poo poo they can eat my dick.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Stanley Pain posted:

If they allowed for some interactions of the crafting meta game to be done via webpage it would kinda own. Hell they could spin that off into a separate game and make 100s of millions.

Excuse me while I go brush up on my Korean.

Wait, you mean Chrome Remote Desktop isn't an intended part of this game? I'm doing crafting via a webpage right now. :v:

Thanks for whoever recommended this beautiful workplace productivity aid.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
I hope you people learn basic focus target and gap control in dark souls 3, because I really should start booting people who are incapable of learning how to not be poo poo at pvp and pve. Dusters, i'm looking at you

Me, bigbo, burritotamer, gq, and crayvon can't keep carrying your sorry asses. If we're to have any hope of competing in node wars, you need to enter red battlefield and learn how to play your class. If you are 50 or above and in goontang, then this message applies to YOU.

Read a guide or watch a video. There's fucktons of information available for every class on google. Pay attention to the hidden skills, the cancels, and the flows, because they are very often gamechangers. The hallmark of a good player is effective gap control and mobility. If you're a zerker you're probably gonna be hosed until lava drill cancels at 55. No other class except valk to a smaller degree has an excuse. Learning how to run away is also a big deal. If you're disengaging, de-equip your weapon and sprint away. You run MUCH faster with it holstered. Use the minimap to check their location and zigzag when you need to.

The easiest way to learn/practice all this is red battlefield. Learn what other classes can do. If you are unable to kill a target because of his full +15, then don't target him. I can't kill a lot of players because my gear is actually sub-par, but I can still rack up scores and win games by occupying their time, focusing squishies, and kiting.

edit: If your name is on this list and/or you have an expired contract, you need to message me ingame. I'll wait one more day before the purge. If you don't read this thread, then I guess you'll find out when you get removed. Message me then for a reinvite

lewtt fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 12, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

lewtt posted:

I hope you people learn basic focus target and gap control in dark souls 3, because I really should start booting people who are incapable of learning how to not be poo poo at pvp and pve. Dusters, i'm looking at you

Me, bigbo, burritotamer, gq, and crayvon can't keep carrying your sorry asses. If we're to have any hope of competing in node wars, you need to enter red battlefield and learn how to play your class. If you are 50 or above and in goontang, then this message applies to YOU.

Read a guide or watch a video. There's fucktons of information available for every class on google. Pay attention to the hidden skills, the cancels, and the flows, because they are very often gamechangers. The hallmark of a good player is effective gap control and mobility. If you're a zerker you're probably gonna be hosed until lava drill cancels at 55. No other class has an excuse. Running is also a very important pvp skill. If you're disengaging, de-equip your weapon and sprint away. You run MUCH faster with it holstered.

The easiest way to learn/practice all this is red battlefield. Learn what other classes can do. If you are unable to kill a target because of his full +15, then don't target him. I can't kill a lot of players because my gear is actually sub-par, but I can still rack up scores and win games by occupying their time, focusing squishies, and kiting.

hey man source your quotes!

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.
So tired today at work.

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Wait, you mean Chrome Remote Desktop isn't an intended part of this game? I'm doing crafting via a webpage right now. :v:

Thanks for whoever recommended this beautiful workplace productivity aid.

gently caress, I am going to setup this up and it may get me fired. I don't know what's safe to do from work, probably just fishing or processing.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Please post vids of pro Valk play. Does Valk even have any pro cancel combos outside of shortening the 3 hit Back +RMB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

crazystray posted:

So tired today at work.

i like this, except the part where you only need to watch a class video once to learn hidden abilities and weaves/cancels/flows that the game won't tell you because korea

dark souls actually requires sperging and memorizing every boss/mobs/weapons moveset and skills, which is single handedly why I don't play it much

Stanley Pain posted:

Please post vids of pro Valk play. Does Valk even have any pro cancel combos outside of shortening the 3 hit Back +RMB?

don't have time to find a video. but here's a quick guide:

quote:

So far I know at least the following can be animation cancelled for Valkyrie based on KR testing:

Counter->Flying kick -> Celestial Spear/Sideways Cut/Right Click + A/D (optional)

Sideways Cut - > Flying Kick - > Celestial Spear/Sideways Cut/Right Click + A/D (optional)

Judgement of Light -> Right click + A/D (Hold left click while casting to cast faster and then right when you see the rays of light you can cancel last few frames of ult)

Sideways Cut -> Celestial Spear (Only slightly cuts Sideways Cut animation, could be more considered a combo)

Right click + A/D Can cancel many spells if you need to escape an attack (Be careful however, as if you cancel some spells early, the spell with go on cd without the effect)

Other non animation cancel combos:

Celestial Spear - > Shield Throw (Shield throw can be cast at same time as Celestial spear, useful if Celestial spear ult cd is down only)
Celestial Spear Ult - > Sword of Judgement 3rd hit -Can be used on Celestial Spear Ult cd

Sharp Light - > Sword of Judgement 3rd hit -Can be used on Sharp Light cd

Charging Slash x2 - > Sword of Judgement 3rd hit (Requires precise timing on Sword of Judgement slightly before second Charging Slash animation)

Shield Dash -> Skyward Strike (optional) -> Sword of Judgement 3rd hit

Righteous Charge -> Skyward Strike (optional) -> Sword of Judgement 3rd hit

Skyward Strike - > Sword of Judgement 3rd hit

Sprinting Shield Strike -> Sword of Judgement 3rd Hit (Can only use if you don't have any points in Skyward Strike) *combo from Ginrei

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8735-animation-cancelling/