Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
this actually reminds me that I need to close out the local campaign i volunteered as treasurer for

would suck to get in trouble over $114.68 remaining in the account lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So it's crazy the NYPD isn't looking at the Brooklyn train shooting this morning as terrorism right?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KomradeX posted:

So it's crazy the NYPD isn't looking at the Brooklyn train shooting this morning as terrorism right?

I mean, terrorism has a specific definition - at its simplest, it implies a political agenda or other similar motive to coerce or intimidate.

We don’t know what this shooter’s motive was - not all mass shootings are terrorism. It’s possible they have more info they haven’t disclosed that led them to rule it out, or maybe they just don’t have any information and aren’t going straight to that - either way, it doesn’t really change anything in terms of how an investigation happens right now, so not sure why it matters?

Really, when they say “we are not looking at this as an act of terrorism at this time” they are basically saying “we currently don’t have any evidence that links this attack to any known organization or group.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

absolutely a joke that a subway system full of cops and cameras has no idea where this dude is or what he looks like other than some panicked eyewitness accounts

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
im speculating that it was an off duty cop, don't care what galacticacid says, im dumb as hell all the time

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Chevy Slyme posted:

I mean, terrorism has a specific definition - at its simplest, it implies a political agenda or other similar motive to coerce or intimidate.

We don’t know what this shooter’s motive was - not all mass shootings are terrorism. It’s possible they have more info they haven’t disclosed that led them to rule it out, or maybe they just don’t have any information and aren’t going straight to that - either way, it doesn’t really change anything in terms of how an investigation happens right now, so not sure why it matters?

Really, when they say “we are not looking at this as an act of terrorism at this time” they are basically saying “we currently don’t have any evidence that links this attack to any known organization or group.

the USA needs an Inuit-words-for-snow level of vocabulary for stochastic violence

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
drat if only the city would let the brave nypd do their jobs this would never have happened.....

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

absolutely a joke that a subway system full of cops and cameras has no idea where this dude is or what he looks like other than some panicked eyewitness accounts

They're still going with "heavyset man wearing green construction vest and gas mask" like bruh he probably took those off already. RIP to any fat guys working asbestos abatement today. Also the cameras at the station were all broken because of course they were.

I saw someone mentioning Epistein suicide conspiracy people are always like "Wait wait you expect me to believe that the security cameras were ALL broken? And the cops are ALL incompetent? And they were ALL forging their duty records?? That the entire law enforcement apparatus was a Potemkin village of corruption and abuse???" like *gestures around at everything and Rikers in particular*

edit: it was this post in the other thread credit where it's due: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3032497&pagenumber=4349&perpage=40&userid=0#post522763449

mrmcd has issued a correction as of 22:34 on Apr 12, 2022

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lmao I'm also crossing the thread streams

it's... I think that guy is making the opposite point? Somehow.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Aaaand he's out!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder if Hochul has any skin in that racket...I mean why is the guy her Lt Gov. She must have known right? And she must have also known Cuomo was a predator yeah? It would be cool if she got indicted on something within the year, burn down the whole statehouse

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

I wonder if Hochul has any skin in that racket...I mean why is the guy her Lt Gov. She must have known right? And she must have also known Cuomo was a predator yeah? It would be cool if she got indicted on something within the year, burn down the whole statehouse

בעזרת השם.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

In Training posted:

FWIW, the indictment seems to specifically mention that he provided fraudulent documents during the background check when he was being vetted for the Lt. Gov job.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Chevy Slyme posted:

FWIW, the indictment seems to specifically mention that he provided fraudulent documents during the background check when he was being vetted for the Lt. Gov job.

now that’s what I call committing to the bit

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Most surprising thing about the shooter to me is, its a black guy. Still sounds like a nazi

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

KomradeX posted:

Most surprising thing about the shooter to me is, its a black guy. Still sounds like a nazi

The 88 in his username is probably not a coincidence.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

The 88 in his username is probably not a coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuTY-PM4q10

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
All Youtubers should be preemptively arrested and only released if they can prove they use it strictly to post like dance or music or instructional videos.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Gunshow Poophole posted:

im speculating that it was an off duty cop, don't care what galacticacid says, im dumb as hell all the time

USA today says false. I first heard about it ITT and this got the top left square of my google search.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
Comin by to post that Eric Adams loving sucks

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Yang would've been funnier

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cyber Punk 90210 posted:

Comin by to post that Eric Adams loving sucks

Did he do anything heinous just now or is it a general sentiment?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Did he do anything heinous just now or is it a general sentiment?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Oh, lovely. :smith:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
not really heinous, that's just ny democrats.txt

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Why are NY dems eager to lose House seats? (Hochul Chooses Antonio Delgado as New Lieutenant Governor)

Do they really think they have someone else on the bench who could win the 19th, however it's redrawn? They just good with giving up on it?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why are NY dems eager to lose House seats? (Hochul Chooses Antonio Delgado as New Lieutenant Governor)

Do they really think they have someone else on the bench who could win the 19th, however it's redrawn? They just good with giving up on it?

he won't win in November. so you know, as a good little party toadie they've gotta get him a way out

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hes my rep god dammit, now we are going to get some crazy person.

When is Hochul up? I worry about her re-election too, why do this grr

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LegionAreI posted:

That's this year.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

LegionAreI posted:

he's also my rep, he's OK I guess

governor Primary is June 28, election in November.

honestly you shouldn't care about hochul at all she's a non entity at best and actively promoting prison labor

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I don't want a Republican governor. I also hope there's still a trifecta after November because I definitely don't want people to be able to working on repealing/limiting the RHA, considering current events.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

honestly you shouldn't care about hochul at all she's a non entity at best and actively promoting prison labor

If the primaries are delayed for redistricting do the statewide primaries still run as usual?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LegionAreI posted:

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Greetings fellow 19th congressional districters

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I would rather have a non-entity lib than a Republican, honestly. (Not that the prison labor thing is good) Hell I'd rather have Cuomo back than a Republican at this point.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

I prefer coke over Pepsi but ymmv.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
realtalk was gonna say if you wanted to come profess your affection for heronner da governor we were doing a fundraiser this weekend but NOT ANY MORE BABYYY

https://twitter.com/GovKathyHochul/status/1523370241362911234

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Gunshow Poophole posted:

realtalk was gonna say if you wanted to come profess your affection for heronner da governor we were doing a fundraiser this weekend but NOT ANY MORE BABYYY

https://twitter.com/GovKathyHochul/status/1523370241362911234

so this actually happened today, and the buffalo shooting happened during it. eleven phones went off at once like in a god drat movie and she hustled the gently caress out lmao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1525628457677475840

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

LegionAreI posted:

I would rather have a non-entity lib than a Republican, honestly.

Its the same picture.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

KomradeX posted:

Its the same picture.png

A non-entity lib isn't as likely to push to revert the RHA as even the "sanest" Republican, though.